1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

Oh, so OL actually gets to play at being a supervillain.

I wonder how he'll approach it. He kinda has the whole "acts like a supervillain but is heroic" thing going on, would be cool if he reversed it. Be a villain that speaks, walks, and talks like a superhero.

And it would be funny if the team came away from it all wondering "Did.. did Paul just explain something he's actually planning to do?"

sagemo, BBJimmy, Gilhelmi and 21 others like this.
  2. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ah, I assume Dr Robbins passed away, then. Another point of difference in the timelines.

The giant T-shaped tower might be a little much for this universe. But the senior (in tenure, not age) members of the team might benefit from their own group.

He definitely isn't League material, is he?

Having seen the man behind the 'dressed as a bat' myth, he's less impressive to OL.

But all three of them are rookies in this field. Definitely worth ensuring each is sorted onto a unit with more experienced teammates. Also, give everyone the 'Never Split The Party' lecture.

So, Discreet observation from a distance.

A chance to get the local hero involved with the team perhaps.

As long as it doesn't turn out like 'The Thing', it'll be fine. Extra-terrestrial metal, though...

Was Prometheus' name ever even revealed? At any rate, he's not active yet...

Two of the teams will have Lanterns, though. Give them a quick lesson on group FTL-Transtitioning, or let them fly people at speed in a giant bubble. Not recognising the Kennedy scenario though...

High probability of miss Roulette (Daughter of the original Mister Terriffic) being involved. Likelyhood of things going tits-up also high.

...He can go jump, you did everything within reasonable limits.

And I'm imaging a huge grin trying to creep onto his face, only to be countered by his Rings.

Correction: 'In...teresting.' unless natural speech rules apply.

That's putting the fox in the henhouse. The hard part will be keeping it reasonable...

No promises are made, though?

Seriously, they would have kept on with their little abduction/sacrifice ring for a while if not for Catwoman...

And so a classic Justice League trope begins - splitting the team into managable groups for easier challenge and showing off of powers.

This will be interesting indeed. And we still have the meaning of the episode title to puzzle out. My guess about the Maltusian Leprechauns is still on the table...

3. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Or a certain elderly hero's caregiver is selling her mountain to pay for the old people's home she's slowly dying in.

4. SemiAnarchist

SemiAnarchist Versed in the lewd.

I see that he didn't actually say that he'd stop antagonising her. It'd be childish of him to continue now, really, but he does have that loophole if he wants.

5. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

Wait, did I miss something here? I thought Noriel was that fallen angel that got merged with that cultist?

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  6. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

I have such a shit-eating grin right now.

Paul should go full-fucking-ham. A mad scientist who builds spaceships and cancer-curing guns and uses them for robbing Fort Knox while giving his plans away through rhymes and obscure references! Orbital bombardment coupled with raptor-cyborgs and intelligent gorilla mercenaries!

This will be glorious!

7. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Not so much 'fallen' as 'dragged down'.

8. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Wasn't she one of the ones who got her name written out of the book of destiny so she couldn't die? Or am I mixing that with Sun Wukong?

9. Gforce1000

Gforce1000 Jibbering, Jabbering

Eh. Barring actual truth-telling compulsions if OL was enough of a dick to use that kind of loophole he'd be perfectly willing to just break his promise.

10. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I mean... this is probably the same sort of “available” as it was for Grayven - she’s not dying, but no one is using the base, and she would be amenable to sell it to a group of superheroes.

Edit: Might make a good “supervillain” base for Paul, since it doesn’t have an official map, and can be easily defended. As for evil plan, he could try going for as many evil plans at a time as he can come up with - so that he has backups. Also, might be a good idea to recruit some actual former supervillains for this - like the Sivanas, Melinoe, and maybe the Shade. The other possible plan - going with what people previously said about acting heroic while being villainous - is to try and take down Lexcorp, so the heroes have to protect Lex Luthor.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  11. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Yeah... she became Supergirl.

Prince Charon likes this.
  12. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

I'm thinking a musical number wouldn't be out of place, honestly. Both paragon and renegade have shown certain predilections for singing...

How about:

13. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

I doubt she's competent to actually make any financial decisions for herself.

14. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

YES GOD YES! HIS MINIONS ALL DANCE TO THE TUNE AND HE HAS A GIANT ORBITAL CANNON THAT JUST MAKES THE ENTIRE AREA A DISCO-LIGHT DANCE FLOOR!

He'll have a hat and a cane and sing this song while the justice league are tied up instead of executing them and it will be AMAZING!

edit: And he'll have a snake theme and hiss all his S's like Cobra Commander!

15. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

An 'evil for evil's sake' song? If OL's going to ham it up as a villain, I'd think some Five Iron Frenzy would be more appropriate than Voltaire.

Thinking on it, though... what if he recruits some of his contacts, like the law-abiding Sivanas?

16. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

No no no: actual Grayven crossover! Everyone is expecting a hammy OL...and then Grayven shows up!

I want to say: or the opposite route, social engineering, infiltrating, politics, but that would leave long term damage.

Personally I vote for space invasion.

It's one of the things that pisses me off the most about both DC and Marvel: Earth faces threats from space all the frickin time, yet both 'verses don't have any sort of regular orbital defense infrastructure, planetary shields, orbital cannons, nothing!

17. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

I'll be kind of annoyed if he's swapped with greyven at the start of the war game, and people think it's all part of the show.

I wanna see OL's take on supervillany.
    He's kinda known for his overachiving, so batman might regret this.

Gilhelmi, PDV, Maxx Crowley and 11 others like this.
  18. Buggy123

Buggy123 I trust you know where the happy button is?

I definitely missed something then. Noriel ended up taking the "Supergirl" name instead of Kara? I know Kara didn't want to get into superheroics, but I'm still surprised that Noriel ended up taking the mantle.

Jaron, Gilhelmi and Ardy like this.
  19. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

The real question is if he's going to use his orange ring to build that armada to play-attack the Earth with, and then just happen to conveniently leave it behind for an international defense force to take possession of when he's done.

Yes, and that's Supergirl here. Kara not only doesn't want to be one of the cape-wearing set, but right now she's still detoxing from the gold Kryptonite poisoning that Batman gave her because apparently he thinks dressing up in a bat costume qualifies him as a medical doctor for a completely alien physiology.

20. Flux Casey

Flux Casey The Colonel

Hey, Mr Zoat? Can we get an updated roster at some point? There's a bit of character bloat going on (as noted in today's update) and it's getting tricky to remember who is who.

21. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Damn. I'd forgotten all about Richard. Thank you for the reminder. However, I hope he sings Slaughter Your World.

Hopefully while trying to pull this off he finds out that Ryan Sohmer is a person in this world, trying to get funding for his movie, and gives it to him.

After all, This Is War. Woah. Grayven did something about Darfur, but I don't think Paragon has yet.
    Time to go on a killing spree? Time to go on a killing spree.

22. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Joint Justice League/Maltus/NATO/Russia/China training exercise. The OLC, Dark Stars, and Maltusian regular army get to practice invading a planet, while the forces of Earth get to practice defending against an alien invasion.

23. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

I'm honestly a little surprised Batman took OL working in Gotham so well. Then again, OL did take out a lot of bad guys in one night.

24. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

He lives there. If anything, Batman's surprised he's been as passive as he has until now.

25. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

OL will obviously be an entire villain team, and will move from place to place wearing different costumes for each role (he might go for robot stand-ins while he's not actually there; don't forget the Silver Age Superman robots).

Unfortunately, his Evil Alien Wizard persona will go a bit far in summoning an 'unstoppable extra-dimensional menace' and will cause Grayven to turn up. :)

High Jinks will ensue. :)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  26. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Or better yet, Paul and Grayven switch places.

Can he even go full Ham? I swear his thought processes are so alien to me sometimes if he tried to go Ham, he'd probably hit Salami by mistake.

27. CTrees

CTrees Chasing the ring

Paul should go for the old school ham - start stealing monuments. Subspace or phase-shift the Eiffel tower, the pyramids, etc. Just go full Superfriends with it.

28. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

I'm personally hoping he pops back to Maltus and enlists the aid of Best Snek again. It's been too long since we've interacted with Ophidi-chan. We need to teach her about playing with your friends.

This war game should cause someone PTSD or we aren't doing it right.

29. SpiritualSlacker

SpiritualSlacker Nurse God of Mischief

Btw, nice to see the contrast to the early briefings with Batman, where it was all “observe, but do not engage” and “this is a League matter”. This interaction now felt more, hm, equal, and he’s micromanaging them less.

30. The Chosen One

The Chosen One Getting out there.

YOU TAKE THE MOON
    [​IMG]

But really, he should coordinate with his actual super friends. Jade, Adom, Euanthe, Melinöe, the Beresfords, Leonard, Selina, Giovanni...someone already mentioned the Sivanas...maybe finally see what Chaos Control John Constantine's been up to...

A detachment of rookie Orange Lanterns...

Set up a proper dungeon crawl with puzzles, traps, mooks, minibosses, the works; leading to another plane or planet entirely for the collateral-free final battle.

Vorian, WargWolf, Cuchulin and 12 others like this.