1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

Hold off on Persona 5 as the Royal edition (expanded director's cut) is set to be released in 2020. As for recommendations, God of War is a sold masterpiece even if you never played the original trilogy, Horizon Zero Dawn is a great open world game. If you want something a bit more Japanese, the Yakuza franchise along with its spinoffs (Judgement and Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise) are some underrated hidden gems.

Aside from those, perhaps the biggest elephant in the room is the upcoming Death Stranding by Hideo Kojima.

Shiryu likes this.
  2. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

I pre-ordered Persona 5 when it came out, but I still intend to buy Royal next year :p

Got Horizon, dropped it after a while. Not sure about the Yakuza games.

What about Death Stranding, though? I've only seen one trailer, and it just looked all kinds of weird.

3. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

Weird barely even covers Death Stranding, but we will have to wait a few weeks to see how it is. The Yakuza franchise, while niche, is perfect for someone who wants an open world game but without the faff. The map is a postage stamp compared to an Ubisoft game, but packed with content, side stories with full on plot lines and minigames including SEGA arcade classics.

Other than that, one other game series I can recommend is the Jackbox Party Packs. Great for friends and/or Twitch streams because the only controller you need is a phone, tablet or other internet connected device.

As for the Switch, if you like RPGs, I do recommend getting Dragon Quest 11 on Switch over PS4. The Switch version has a number of exclusive features including a 2D mode, dual audio, orchestrated soundtrack, and expanded side quests not available in the PS4 version.

UnthinkingWisdom likes this.
  4. Lady Vanatos

Lady Vanatos Cancer of Society

[​IMG]
    My body is ready.

5. Lady Vanatos

Lady Vanatos Cancer of Society

6. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Crossposting from Persona thread. Smells like sequel.

HYPE MOTHERFUCKING GET.

Smuthunter likes this.
  7. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

They're finally making a Werewolf the Apocalypse game.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people are going to be disappointed.

8. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

If_only_you_knew_how_bad_things_really_are.JFK

They went Full Enviromentalist at the expense of staying true to the lore.

9. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

I saw the interview.

They had a company that branched off of Ubisoft do it.

Why would they give it to people from UBISOFT?

10. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Because farcry is obviously popular and doesn't have heavy handed messages in it what so ever!

11. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

That's why I don't play the newer far cry games.

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  12. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

I'd rather play a Glasswalker or someone from Pentex who defects to the Technocracy than a bunch of anti-human scumbags that would see Humanity dragged back to the stone age and routinely culled "for the health of the herd".
    Fuck that.

13. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

That's silly, the big corporations aren't going to make a game where the big technology people are the good guys.

Because it would make sense for them to have that position, and they can't get that with all the coke they are snorting.

Deathwings likes this.
  14. RedStarMini

RedStarMini God's weakest ADHD Author

Well, the conception game that was a japan only PSP title is now getting a PC remake. Neat.

Imabot likes this.
  15. Sornek

Sornek Know what you're doing yet?

What game are you talking about?

16. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

I think that was a game.. where they made an anime for where the protagonist needs to impregnate the heroines and their kids will save the world from the big bad or something like that?

17. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

That is either a H-Game, or one of the many Visual Novel games that appeared on the tail end of the PsPs life span.

Seriously, by the end of it you see that a god majority of the games are Visual Novels that focus on Romance, so there's probably a game that fits that description.
    PC means mods.

Lets hope we can mod sex scenes in there.

If not, lets hope we can mod joke characters in there.

18. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

19. Blackgutter

Blackgutter Versed in the lewd.

could you clarify?

20. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

I'm not a huge fan or anything, most of my knowledge comes from youtube videos that I will happily admit are biased on the subject, as well as some research on the White Wolf wiki, but I know of the following instances of overt and excessive environmentalism being pushed:

In an interview, one of the designers described werewolves as "eco-warriors fighting for Gaia against huge corporations that are destroying and bringing the apocalypse on Earth" when it's not uncommon for werewolves to be on the fence about Gaia and some few side with the Weaver, the spirit that represents order and technology. They do, as a rule, oppose the Wyrm, the spirit of destruction, but even then pollution is just one of the manifestations of one of its aspects (the Defiler aspect, which is more broadly concerned with corrupting things and pollution is really just one of the ways it goes about doing so) instead of the main focus.
    The main character's Rage grows when he witnesses things such as acts of greed or humans polluting the environment, when tabletop rules establish that Rage occurs during moments of great stress or overpowering emotions. In order for that to remain within established gameplay and lore, the main character would have to really love the environment.
    The main character is part of the Fianna tribe, which is very much not one of eco-warriors and unlikely to become eco-warriors let alone eco-terrorists. Even their warrior sub-group is more really more interested in finding a good fight than on fighting for the sake of Gaia in and of itself, and they prefer honorable battles at that.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  21. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Then he's most likely a freak to his clan, someone who defies their expectations by being both an eco-terrorist and thoroughly dishonorable by their standards. Then again, considering the developers claim he was "recalled" from exile, either the clan was changed or his behaviour did lead to him becoming a ronin.

22. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Smash Bros isn't including Mai Shiranui as an echo fighter, assist trophy or costume in smash bros. Because she wears a skimpy outfit. Unlike the totally family friendly Bayonetta and Zero Suit Samus. Im not buying the game so i dont care much but the hypocrisy makes me raise an eyebrow.

CrossyCross likes this.
  23. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

I'm not gonna expect Mai to enter, anymore than I am going to expect Ivy from Soul Caliber, the Wizard from Dragons Crown, or anyone else that mega sexual.

I don't think skimpy is the problem, as is her general character and theme as a sexual open flaunter.

Which does make me wonder how Bayonetta got it.

'Shrug'

Maybe because Cereza didn't have rockin' tits.

24. Tsuzurao

Tsuzurao Experienced.

More specifically, it was that Sakurai and the Smash dev team couldn't include Mai Shiranui as a cameo character on the King of Fighters Arena stage (or include her as a Spirit) because the CERO rating board in Japan would freak out over an outfit that skimpy in an A-rated game (CERO's rough equivalent of the ESRB's E-rating).

Bayonetta and Zero Suit Samus get by on grounds of having the relevant... areas of concern... covered up (Bayonetta has some minor adjustments in her Smash design compared to her original game, like covering the cut-out spots over her legs, and having only parts of the 'cloth' on her arms and legs recede during smash attacks, and ZSS is covered up, even if the clothing is rather form-fitting). The specific issue of skin exposure is also why Mythra's Spirit design was altered in-game (with the Xenoblade 2 crew responding by making the modified design an acquirable costume for Mythra in Xenoblade 2).

Sakurai has discussed before that Smash for Wii U nearly got delayed over CERO being really strict on things like possibly pantyshots (this also lead to Palutena's design having to be tweaked a bit, and them having to cast a censor shadow under the skirts of trophies), and that he feels they're overly concerned about really minor stuff like that.

Nanimani, Navi-Hank, Jiven and 7 others like this.
  25. Mistodon

Mistodon Invading the city of Alexandria

I hear that he explicitly mentioned that they couldn't put her in because of CERO in the Japanese version of the Terry showcase, in order to keep the CERO A rating, but for some reason that was left out of the English one.

EDIT: I think this is what I was thinking of. Alright, which one of us knows Japanese?
    Source:https://twitter.com/krispykaiser/status/1192230664591949824
    [​IMG]

And here's the relevant interview excerpt, translation courtesy of Source Gaming.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  26. Malcolmo

Malcolmo Insert custom title here

There has been one good thing about that though. It's caused a spike in Mai and Mai related fanart. :D

27. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

So, morale of the story, don't blame Sakurai. Sakurai doesn't give a shit. Blame the Censor Board, they're the ones holding the game hostage.

28. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

I hope Untitled Goose Game gets free DLC that reskins the goose as a Canada Goose.

daimahou likes this.
  29. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

Ah yes, when a Canadian is born a goose will be born too, with all the hate the human would want to express...

Derek58 likes this.
  30. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

I got myself Disgaea 4 Complete Edition on Switch.

Sure, I miss some QoL from 5. But this reminded me of how much a failure 5 was for characters and story compared to others Disgaea games.

Smuthunter likes this.