1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Wheenesss

Wheenesss Versed in the lewd.

.... I feel stupid because I just got the ‘joke’ of this Alt-Jade. Her name plus being trained by Alan and taking on his surname is supposed to evoke the image of Alan’s canon daughter, Jennifer-Lynn Hayden who’s superhero name is Jade. All this Jade needs now is green skin and hair.

2. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Have you heard about the Mormons? They’re kind of traditional huge fans of harems and isekai. Same could be said for Muslims with the whole 99 virgins thing (Is that a real thing, btw? It just sounds racist, but I remember hearing it from my childhood.)

All you have to do is think of the Abrahamic afterlife as an isekai, and suddenly everything clicks.

Not quite sure what generation your grandfather was, but isekai harems are quite an old idea.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  3. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

That Jade was in the Time Master world (I think), which was featured at about the same time as this first was.

Cuchulin likes this.
  4. Impatient_Quill

Impatient_Quill I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ignoring that morbid death/quantium immortality/after life tangent...

Given we are getting this Alt-Jade, and pretty much every Alt-Paul/Dimention has had an alt-Jade (I think the version that ate demons to recharge didn't) Do you think we will be getting a Crisis of Infinite Jades or Crisis of Infinite Pauls?

Cuchulin likes this.
  5. Wheenesss

You mean Time Trapper and yeah I think so. I wonder if this timeline is one of Time Trapper Paul’s experiments? His goal was to make the Mandate timeline independent so it isn’t trapped in a three day loop, so a relatively simple divergent timeline like this one would be a good place to start. That would explain why we haven’t seen this timeline’s Paul.

Navi-Hank, Ngamer11 and Cuchulin like this.
  6. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

I'm fairly sure that my grandfather wasn's a mormon or a muslim.
    Oh, she existed, but since he never joined the team and the League of Shadows didn't think that sending a baseline human after him was a sensible plan, they've never met.
    Yes.

7. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

If you remember, Jade was revealed to be the Red Queen - a gender flipped Red King - all her versions are “offshoots” of one in particular that gets all their memories (maybe when they die?) - at the end of the Time Trapper episode.

Navi-Hank and Cuchulin like this.
  8. Wheenesss

Didn’t the Paul who ate demons to recharge get sent to a Marvel universe? Or am I remembering wrong?

Cuchulin likes this.
  9. Mr Zoat

You're conflating two.

Marvel 199999 SI recharges using an infinity stone.
    Marvel 8096 SI uses the norn stones.
    The version from an unnumbered DC universe eats demons.

10. Wheenesss

We really do need to get a Master List for all these versions of the SI eventually...

11. NeoDarklight

NeoDarklight The Final Observer

So we’re getting both a Crisis of Infinite Pauls and a Crisis of Infinite Jades? Why do I get the feeling it’s the same event?

Belenus likes this.
  12. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

Hate to break it to you Zoat, but men are men and always have been. What? You think your generation invented the threesome or something? Nah.

13. Mr Zoat

My gran was an indentical twin...

14. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

99, no, not real. 72, that's real. Not sure just how far back it goes, though, if it's traditional canon or if it's a more modern invention by jihadists. To the best of my knowledge it's promised as a reward for martyrs in specific.

15. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

Heh. Enjoy that mental image.

16. KarmaFalcon

KarmaFalcon Getting sticky.

Does anyone recall WHY Guy left his Ring at home? Was he making some kind of statement to someone he cared about or what? Cause the only thing I could think of would be a.) chafing under Rules, b.) needing time away from being a Lantern due to an accident of some kind happening that he couldn;t prevent or caused himself, or c.) some girl asking him to choose between being a Lantern or being with her.

17. Jormuungaand

Jormuungaand Out of work World Serpent

D). “I’m just gonna go to the store for some bread. Don’t need the ring for a two minute walk.” Perhaps?

18. Nervaqus987

Nervaqus987 Well worn.

And now that image will never leave your mind.

19. Wheenesss

Fuck it. I'm going to try to make a list. I think I made one before back when this was on SB. I'm not counting the Common Sense versions of the SIs because that's not an individual timeline like the others. Color coded by ring(s).

Mr Zoat
    Which episode was the version of the SI who recharges his ring by eating demons seen in? I can't remember, so I'll edit once I reread it. Also did I miss any of them?

1. Paragon SI = Earth 16A (Young Justice), eventually becomes the "Future SI" briefly seen in Fool's Canon
    2. Renegade SI/"Grayven" = Earth16B (Young Justice)
    3. "Peter Wynne" = Earth 12 (DC Animated Universe)
    4. Red Lantern = Earth ??? (Teen Titans 2003)
    5. "Saul Talbot" = Earth ??? (The Boys)
    6. Power Ring Blue = Earth -14 (unseen universe from the DCAU's version of COTE)
    7. Marvel SI 1 = Earth 8096 (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
    8. Marvel SI 2 = Earth 199999 (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
    9. Mandate SI/Time Trapper = Earth 16C (alt-timeline caused by time travel)
    10. Anti-Green Lantern/Slave SI = Earth ??? (Justice League Animated Pitch)
    11. Eros Paragon SI = Earth 16D (Young Justice)
    12. Sybarite = Earth ??? (unknown incarnation of DC)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  20. Mr Zoat

Sybarite

Also, 10 is in the version of Justice League Animated shown in the original pitch trailer.

21. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Well in the comics it was explained away by him not having a ring- He was Hal's backup, not an active Green Lantern, when he got creamed by a bus while saving one of his students during an earthquake.

While the YJ writers feel free to make changes (Comics Artemis is an adult white supervillainess who uses a crossbow who had Icicle Jr's baby after all), I would assume they had a similar situation in mind for YJ Guy.

But since YJ focused on the Team and not worldbuilding in general, that's just an assumption on my part.

22. Wheenesss

Thanks. Also is Sybarite from any specific DC Earth? There's no year listed but the mention of Tuppence seems to imply it's also an alt-version of Earth 16?

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  23. Mr Zoat

Probably something like that.

24. Wheenesss

This ties back into Mandated doesn’t it? Now that I’ve reread that episode, Time Trapper SI’s plan by the end was to create and to revert alternate timelines to stall for more ‘flexibility’ until he could figure out a permanent way to keep the timeline that spawned him in existence.

I’m assuming this means Sybarite SI and Green Lantern Jade Scott are products of his meddling that will only exist temporarily? We already know a version of Jade becomes the Red Queen, and she merges with the Mandate timeline version of herself since Time Trapper is there in the background. Well, that’s assuming the Time Trapper we see in that glimpse is still a version of the SI. Even then we don’t know for sure if he’d pick his Jade for whatever he’s planning because we just don’t have all the info.

.... Man, fuck time travel. Always gives me a headache. I hope you know you’re going to have to explain this all in detail several times once this plot plays itself out?

25. Mr Zoat

Try watching films with my sister and mother some time.

26. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Do they have identical twins too? ^^

27. rdfox

rdfox Know what you're doing yet?

...god, I heard Jeffrey Coombs say that line when I read it!

28. earlyriser

earlyriser Getting sticky.

Other Paul's not mentioned are Common Sense Paul (edit: not counted) and Self-aware-gamer-Paul who hates DLC.

Titles for next episodes look interesting.

Also, Zoat? Is Grayven's Azarath trip happening soon in story?

gustyeagle and Cuchulin like this.
  29. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Wasn't there also supposed to be a Violet Paul in the all female setting?

Cuchulin likes this.
  30. Wheenesss

That was gag omake not made by Zoat, IIRC.