1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Literal cases of Blessed With Suck, eh? Hopefully OL can take steps to lessen that down the line.

Focus, OL. Plans first, research later.

Imagine how awkward even broaching the subject would be... "Honey, you remember that.. 'business trip' a while back?"

:p :D

Nice cover. He's no dummy.

Ah, dancing round a touchy subject at least one party listening doesn't know about... I see that a lot in Puella Magi Adfligo Systema...

Whatever helps to justify something to your sense of Avarice. Indigo would do it so much easier... And I hope whoever did the deed got theirs...

Ooh, wonder how he'd even explain that. That would take some fast talking...

Now to make sure he doesn't...

Calculating probable outcomes? I wouldn't be surprised to find he's got a quite good predictive engine in there.
    Correction: Mismatch of quantity. Perhaps 'eyes flicker'?

More a mix of wanting to be important, and getting away from his old life...

No lingering desire to mess with the Flash?

There we go... Can't hide your feelings from an empath.

Big drawback to his talent. I suppose Alan was kind enough to help him get an insanity plea...
    Correction: 'it once broke'

Heh. His fellow inmates not appreciating his intellect?

Oh, this will be fun...

And Hilarity is guaranteed.

Evidently it doesn't stick for long, given the repetition.

That psychology training kicking nicely. 'Soft Science' indeed!

Let's hope the League doesn't figure out who his consultants are, I doubt some of them would understand.
    Correction: 'the role of'

"WOOOO!":V
    "Hans, Hans. Bring it down a little..."
    "Woooo..."x3
    "That's better."

Oh, the League have no idea what they're going to get hit by. I suspect more than a few egos will be bruised. Along with a few bodies too.

Gilhelmi, Cuchulin, Ngamer11 and 13 others like this.
  2. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

I am starting to really, really like the Sivanas. All of them. They are just so much fun!

3. Enochi

Enochi Having way to much fun with AI.

You know I am would like to be expecting the League to tap YJ to get into Paul's head. And I that he might be a bit surprised.

But I'm 90% certain this is just going to end up with the protag curb stomping the league again. Sigh. I would like to see the Protag vs full power Comic book supes. Cause he aint winning that.

4. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

I know Mr Zoat doesn't throw out foreshadowing ham-fistedly, but this detail could return in some odd circumstances later. I'm specifically stating "odd" over important or emotionally gratifying. For example! Paul seems to be immortal. His ability to restore strangers to health could sputter out decades from now and we'd learn about it in a flash-forward April Fool's update.

Another possibility is that Paul will waste a surprising amount of ring-charge healing people during a hectic event. Remember that the strength of his desire acts as a catalyst that makes his powers more efficient.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    Prince Charon, DrThoth and Chaoswind like this.
  5. Hell's Razer

Hell's Razer Passive Member

I should hope so with this setup. :D

Prince Charon likes this.
  6. HellMourne

HellMourne Getting sticky.

And on that topic, does anyone remember when the leagues review of Paul was?

NightmareWarden, Ardy and Mr Zoat like this.
  7. lefthandturnsignal

lefthandturnsignal Making the rounds.

I'd rather never see pull power comic book supes. He's just a ridiculous pile of made up powers pulled out of the current writer's ass.

Cuchulin, Buggy123, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  8. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Is the SI fully powered too? Because...
    Hmm.

9. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Do you mean this?

If yes, that was a Omake between part 6 and part 7 in the episode Minutes posted specificaly here.

10. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

The issue of his relative apathy impeding his healing (And other power ring functions) came up fairly recently in Gotham Guys, so I linked it more to a continuation of that rather than foreshadowing.

I'd actually expect Paragon's mentality to shift towards a general universalist empathy as he grows older (chronologically speaking) and he has to live in a world interacting with people after most of his peers are dead (though that may be an assumption that wouldn't even take place- he'd probably offer every loved one a chance at agelessness and thus low-grade immortality, at the very least).

11. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yes, I remember that episode. But even as a kid it just didn't wash. Clark is not that fragile. He isn't one little life away from killing or enslaving us all.

You can't break Superman. That's WHY he is Superman. He can take it. He's not a fragile little doll that will shatter from one emotional trauma.

Hey, leave Batman out of this.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  12. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

Cuchulin, w34v3r and DrThoth like this.
  13. HellMourne

No, I mean the one that zoat wrote where the league discuss how they would fight him if he went rogue.

14. Mr Zoat

Odin the god? No. The undead vikings on Earth are currently out of contact.

15. Aeess

Such a chapter doesn't exist as far as I recall, the closest would be Robin and Batwoman implying that Batman has such a plan, with the SI making sure they know why the obvious weaknesses wont work on him, maybe you mean when the DCAU Justice League review their fight against him at the end of the Episode Doppelgängered, here

infinityDivided likes this.
  16. Mr Zoat

Here.

17. Aeess

To be fair, they have exactly the same Threadmark.

18. HellMourne

No, i'm pretty sure it did happen, it was just in one of the episodes on spacebattles(I think it may have been around the time the Ophidian first showed up but I could be wrong, it was a long time ago, it was definitely before Paul's first year with the team was over though), they were discussing his various bits of equipment and tactics, as well as how difficult actually taking him down would be.

19. DrThoth

The last I remembered of them, they were fighting Oceanus, though I'm not sure how helpful they ultimately were. Are they just back in Scandinavia or somewhere now?

Surely there are other ways of contacting Odin- Doctor Fate seems like a likely option. But Paragon's a busy man and Odin doesn't seem absolutely essential to the uplift project, nor is he someone you should lightly reach out to, though as far as I can see their big-picture goals align quite well. If you did introduce him into the fic, would it be the one from Sandman/Vertigo? (I'm unaware of any other DC comics-related version)

Ardy likes this.
  20. Mr Zoat

Yes. Doing all kinds of things that will never be the focus of the story.
    That assumes that Odin wants to talk to him. Someone.. might have mentioned what the SI said about Tyr.

21. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Law abiding things, then, or crimes so removed from civilization that nobody will pursue charges.

DrThoth likes this.
  22. Mr Zoat

Singing about how much they like spam.

23. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Odd. Which email provider are they using to get it?

24. DrThoth

As far as I can remember, all Paragon said about Tyr was to suggest him as a potential mate for Athena, which doesn't seem so bad.

Ardy, Cuchulin and Prince Charon like this.
  25. Mr Zoat

The NCR disappointed me again, dying to the Western Brotherhood-Steel Rangers alliance before I could join in and leaving me to deal with the entire Northern League. Which I'm doing, achieving a ten to one kill ratio. I'd be doing better, but the Cyclops Tribe overran Vault City and messed up my war focus, forcing me to justify manually. And then they bunkered their army down in Vault City so I couldn't dislodge them. I had to fall back so they spread out and then sneak a unit behind their lines.

26. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

HOI4 fallout mod?

27. Massgamer

Massgamer Not too sore, are you?

OL setting up villainous team to really test JL, wonder if Batman will have his own super strategy involved.

28. Enochi

Yeah fully powered SI might have a chance. Might. But in reality I just don't think he can keep up. Remember Superman is effectively infinitely strong. (He has lifted the Spectre and a book of Infinite pages) He breaks reality with his punches at full force and has held a black hole. Reverse-flash has admitted that Supes speed rivals his own. And Supes himself has stated he can measure time between nano seconds. While he is weak to exposure to kryptonite radiation Keep in mind radiation by its nature is Light-speed and Superman is much much faster then that.

It would take Paul merged with Ophidian to have a chance and I still thinks he loses.

Cuchulin likes this.
  29. lefthandturnsignal

lefthandturnsignal Making the rounds.

Okay, but none of this applies to YJ Superman

Cuchulin and Buggy123 like this.
  30. Enochi

Correct. Which is why I said I wanted to see Paul go against Comic Superman.