1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Hell yes. I've been waiting forever for this quote. I can only imagine how long you've been waiting to say it.

2. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Ah, but in this case it’s an adjective?

3. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Heh, down to emergency methods, of transport, eh?

Looks like the Leaguers need to work on that.

Huh, are they just running through a list of Radiation-based villains?

Upside, he's out of circulation. A bonus for the League's final score.

The drawback of invulnerability you can't turn down or off. Remember when Luke Cage needed surgery after a fight, and no-one could get through his skin until Hank Pym tried shrinking?

Yeah, another reminder that you blew that quest hard.

Kind of sensible really. Besides the obvious shapeshifter/mind-whammy risk, would you want superhero fights anywhere near nuclear weapons?

They really need to bite the bullet and reveal it, before someone reveals it for them...

I like that he has to check, like asking the DM 'do I see anything' and making a Perception roll.

Of course, we know it's genuine, since we saw him tell General Lane last chapter. Still, good advice to take it seriously.

Good luck, they're almost certainly warded, so he's limited to conventional phone tracking methods...

Sneaky. If science doesn't work, maybe magic would.

"I am the night. I am Vengeance."

There's an idea for mercenary supers: pay them to go straight. Unlikely to work on the ones who enjoy their work, but worth a try.

Quick, any Russian villains, likely to be involved with radiation or nuclear weapons?

Yep, definitely a solid self-preservation instinct. Gotta love smart goons.

Ah, having other people playing NPCs for your group. Makes for a wild experience.

Either way, they recover it.

I note they didn't mention Doctor Balewa's tracking. I hope he located them. We're sure to see tomorrow.

And a break in the case. Too late for some of the League, but the survivors will settle accounts soon enough.

Corrections:
    Some kinda force field thing.

4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

5. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

I don't know what you mean. I just pointed out that "is" needed to be replaced by "in", and that phosphorus was misspelled.

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  6. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Phosphorus is spelled Phosphorous when it’s describing something I.e. a Phosphorous solution is a solution of Phosphorus.

Navi-Hank and moralrelativity like this.
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey you seem to have taken away Dr Mists white quote marks. Is this something you did accidently or is it intentional. If its accidental then you should also check out when he was in gotham to arrest those cultists and in heaven fighting the angels. When you posted that part on QQ you didnt give him white quote marks.

Navi-Hank and Bramble Thorn like this.
  8. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

But almost never as Phorphorus.

Navi-Hank, CTrees and thebishop8 like this.
  9. thebishop8

Does that rule still apply when it's used as a name? And if you think it does, shouldn't you be replying to Mr Zoat instead of me?

Navi-Hank likes this.
  10. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

The mookbots should Unionise.

"WHAT DO WE WANT?"

"NOT TO BE RADIATION COOKED!"

"WHEN DO WE WANT IT?"

"WE DON'T CARE, WE AREN'T SENTIENT!"

boo600, Ardy, Gantradies and 25 others like this.
  11. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I’m saying it may or may not be correct, and in this case both are equally correct depending on what Zoat wants it to be, since names can be created from either nouns or adjectives. Both your correction and the original are valid.

moralrelativity likes this.
  12. thebishop8

Just to be absolutely clear, you realize that Mr Zoat misspelled it as Phorphorus? Phosphorus with an "r" instead of an "s"?

13. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Sensite seems pretty great. I wonder what sorts of ideas the villains are getting out of this scenario. Perhaps someone will skip the "mercenary" step on the villain<->mercenary<->antihero/antivillain<->hero spectrum and become a tolerable member of society. Perhaps a few criminals that would have been outside of the reach of depowered-orange-ring Paul will switch sides once word gets out about this scenario.

I also liked that link to Dr Phosphorous (Adam Sartorius, what a name!). Poor guy. Gotham is not a good place to live.

Prince Charon likes this.
  14. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

I believe 'graser' is what you want here, since it's firing gamma rays and not gasoline.

15. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

He's British, so if it did fire gasoline it'd be a petroler or something (or just a flamethrower).

Ardy, Navi-Hank and w34v3r like this.
  16. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

To give you some early examples that do not break the 'no modern politics rule' here are three examples that are over 50 years old. The position was initially created during the great reorganization that was the National Security Act of 1947. In addition to splitting the Air Force off from the Army, the Secretary of Defense position was created by subordinating the old Secretary of War position, which itself would be replaced by the position of the Secretary of the Army.

James Forrestal, the first Secretary of Defense, served as a US Navy Lieutenant in WWI.

George Marshall, the third Secretary of Defense, served as a US Army 5 Star General in WWII and would actually hold the position of the Chief of Staff of the United States Army, a position that he would succeeded in by his protege, General Dwight Eisenhower. George Marshall would later go on to serve as the 50th Secretary of State.

Robert Lovett, the fourth Secretary of Defense, served as a US Navy Lieutenant Commander in WWI.

In fact since the position was created, only 8 of the 25 Secretaries of Defense (I subtracted one because Donald Rumsfeld was the 13th and 25th Secretary of Defense) have not held some sort of military rank before. Although it is worth noting how there was an active draft multiple times since the dawn of the 20th century.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Gilhelmi, Ardy, Cuchulin and 2 others like this.
  17. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

So, is OL style 'Phone a Friend' actions allowed in this exercise?

Because I would like to point something out here. OL is not actually part of Team Evil in this exercise, but should still be assumed to be extant in the setting, right? And in the process of finding out Team Evils probable target at Kord Tech was the radiation shielding technology, should have actually been able to get a copy of that tech when Rocket Red scanned the computers.

And who do they know with a power ring that can flashforge technology just by wanting it hard enough? He does it for his own power armour, and even did it with Zatanna, having the ring design a fictional armour from tech in its database, and then wanting it into existence. Sounds like he could make the League/Team a few examples of the equipment of the technology from the schematics. Hell, his name was on the date file as the one who provided Kordtech with some examples of the tech in the first place, so he might already have some existing examples hanging around to borrow.

Having one of their GL's contact his ring through their ring to let him know the tech he gave Kordtech got stole for some ongoing villainous scheme, sounds like a rather normal thing to do. Oh and maybe, while you have him on the phone perhaps mention that several people are dead due to Gamma Ray Burst, so having some protection against that ASAP would be pretty sweet, kkthxbai!

Because with his Instant Transmission, even if for the purposes of this exercise he is busy doing Important Orange Lantern Stuff™ halfway across the galaxy, he has the ability to transmit back to Earth using them as a Beacon, want some life saving radioactive shields into existence, and then transmit back where he came from (as long as there's anything capable of feeling desire anywhere near his origin point), all in a very short time frame.

I hope that gets mentioned in the debrief ("How come you didn't contact that Fiendishly Handsome Superhero Mister Kord got the radiation tech from in the first place, to ask if he could provide you some units? Seems like some radiation shielding would have been a good idea to have on hand once people started dying to gamma radiation.") if the Justice League never things of it.

Ardy, Cuchulin, DrThoth and 6 others like this.
  18. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I did not, I noticed the second part of your correction not the first, and wondered why you were correcting ou to u, my bad :(

19. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

Doe anyone else think it might be wise to check that the mook bot AI hasn't gained sapience?

20. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

So, in the vein of alt. universe Pauls, is there a Grey Lantern Paul out there in the vast sea of fanon?

What would an apathy Lantern even do, on the infrequent occasions he did anything at all?

DrThoth likes this.
  21. NullVoid

NullVoid Getting out there.

Turn into a graser (Gamma Ray Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation). A gaser or glaser would be a gravity laser.

22. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Paul isn't part of Team Evil in the exercise's scenario, but he is acting as a sort of umpire/referee for the exercise. There's also that, if the solution to the scenario that he organized is for the League to call him in... well, it would give the League members who view him less than grounds to question the exercise's validity and undermine it's usefulness as actual training.

23. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    They could do that...
    No.

24. rdfox

rdfox Know what you're doing yet?

"WHAT DO WE WANT?" "TIME TRAVEL!"
    "WHEN DO WE WANT IT?" "IT'S IRRELEVANT!"

25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey Mr Zoat i was wondering I was wondering if you could answer my question about Dr Mists quote marks and why aren't they white anymore.
    Also sorry if im about to get really inquistive but I just wanted to ask you about some future episodes and plot points. Are you going to be adding another alternate SI at the end of each new episode and could you tell us about some of the upcoming ones. I really wanna see what Saul is doing now or even what he was doing before the last update with him when he stopped that woman from killing herself. Avenger Paul and his interactions with Hela would be definetly something to see and a part about MCU Paul, aside from a small chapter with him and Skye we didn't read anything else, Sybarite would also be intersting and maybe even a chapter with anti green SI about him being a member of the league. And about the upcoming April fools episode is it going to be another transplanar experience for the SI and are we going to see Rita Repulsa in it because i think you mentioned her, also i think you mentioned something about seeing another version of the SI that achieved some other type of enlightenment. As for future plot points are you going to be doing something with those undead vikings, Another plot point i read on the TV Tropes trivia page was that the OLC is going to make its first red power ring in year 4 when they need access to the white light, is this still true about the paragon side, because the renegade already has one. And my final question is about the indigo tribe and their future recruits from Earth. I think i read that there will be two indigo tribesmen selected from Earth, one a member of a religious order who used healing magic and figured out a way to tap into the elemental plane of compassion to power his spells, and another that had his personality rewritten in such a way that he doesn't even remember his own name, is this going to written or not because im not sure if you hinted at it or someone else just came up with the idea, and if it is true will it happen in paragon or renegade universe.
    Im sorry if this is too long but i just finished reading your story from when i started a few months ago and got really curious. Anyway big fan of your work and i really hope you could answer my questions

DrThoth and Ardy like this.
  26. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I would have expected Aquaman to be durable enough, and I assume the William isn't Captain Marvel?

Ardy likes this.
  27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If you're 94th episode is going to take place in Equestria then i would recommend you read Codex Equus on Deviantart if you havent already. Its basically a world building exercise about the my little pony world and it greatly expands on the history, magic, culture and gods that inhabit it.
    Also three final questions about the future but the SI discovers his most powerful ability during year 5 or 6 and all we know is that it is "no you're wrong". Could you please give us some details about what this will mean. And the renagade is supposed to end up working on something called project X'hal that will see him go to the teen titans universe, i was wondering if he is going try giving other tameraneans similar powers like Kori and her sister have or try to take them up to a hundred like the Psions did with X'hal and make hyperpowerful tamaraneans that are stable and loyal to him, or is the project named like that because he liked how it sounded. And finally speaking of Blackfire is the renegade going to go back with her because when he was talking with Kare-50 he mentioned that they broke up due to their diffrences, but on the tv tropes trivia page it says that he eventually ends up marriying her, so i was wondering if this is still going to happen or if you just changed your mind.
    And a recommendation, if the SI is trying to get the hellinistic faith spread through other planets, like when he built that temple for Hades on Karna, then why not have that the Tameraneans worship Helios. They absorb solar light for their powers and Helios is a sun god so it would make sense, or he could just bring Koriand'r and Komand'r to Earth so that he could ask Helios to bless them like he did with Kon. They could gain their comic powers like that, i seem to remember that they didn't get their starbolt powers in the paragon verse because the SI rescued them before they went through the experimentation that gave them those powers but got them in the renegade verse because he arrived after the experementation because he was dealing with the Anti-Life Darkseid left him. We saw what the blessing of Helios did for Kon, hes now able to do some damage to the planet at full power and im pretty sure that Helios could give at least two of the OLC orange ladies their starbolts power in exchange for some worship, hell he could probably even make them as powerful as X'hal if he was able to give Kon heat vision that could damage a planet and create storms in which the titan Oceanus could get lost in.

Ardy likes this.
  28. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

The SI doesn't know.

:D:D:D:D

I couldn't resist.

erebus1994, Ardy and Vorian like this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

And unfortunetly that would be the answer that Zoat gives us, as Maxx mentioned above

Gabriel likes this.
  30. Mr Zoat

I'm glad someone brought that up, actually. You see, there's a deep and meaningful story-based reason I forgot.
    No.
    Yes.
    Wasn't planning to go back there as the main plot is basically over.
    I have to reward people for putting up with the ponies somehow.
    He really isn't. And it would have to go in NSFW.
    He doesn't join because he's pretty much compelled to use lethal force and that is very much against the rules.
    April 2013
    April 2012
    Probably. No concrete plans yet.
    The TVTropes page for this story is a nodding acquaintance of accuracy.
    Yes, but that's in the final year. And you appear to be misremembering some of the specifics.
    No problem. Glad to have you.
    For focused beams of gamma radiation? No.
    William Harper. Red Arrow.
    Hah! Wrong. Think you know me...