1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Should be clearer now. Thing is, the boss is just using radio and the SI isn't playing it out loud. It probably should be plain text.
    Melted in his own irony.

2. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Or, you know, the Russian Empire could have expanded a lot further west. Or the country could have been founded by a Russian superhero who decided to travel west. A Bogatyr, for example, for those who don’t know russian mythology. Side note: kind of wanna see one of these show up in the Fate series. There’s some potential there. Or maybe Nightingale the robber (solovei razboynic). Capitalize on the popularity of a recent Russian series of popular cartoon features that got really bad and stupid after like 5 or so movies.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
    NightmareWarden likes this.
  3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey Zoat me again. I wanted to ask you if you have changed your version of earth 16 in comparison to the pre flashpoint. I know there have been some changes. Like Blackfire and Starfire being abducted by the citadel because their brother joined a resistance movement (in the comics Blackfire betrayed Tamaran for revenge), changing the psions society by making them vat grown to be evil( in the comics we find out that the males oppress the women and use them as breeding stock because of their empathy, making Wolf Krieger a sorcerer and his brother being created by magic(int the comics they were a scientist and genetically altered human respectevly, makin Jemm a martian ruler instead of a saturnian like in the comics, making Alans ring a broken one instead of the Starheart. I enjoyed most of these changes and would be curious what further ones you make.
    It was impressive what you did with Melinoe. I didn't think that you could make a goddess of madness and nightmares useful, but you did. Is the SI going to be trying to give more gods relevance in the modern day. I know that Vulcan and Hephaestus are working with KordTech, Hera is a relationship advisor, Plutus runs the greek economy and there was a babylonian god of travel that worked as a tavel agent in the sandman comics. Plutus could potentially try to help the planet Emana with its economim difficulties, but seeing as you said that he is keeping earth economy from going down the toilet he may already have his hands full.
    In terms of gods are we going to be seeing any gods from other planets aside from New Gods and the Seven Devils. In the comics there was that triumvirate of sea gods and the gods that had a name similar to the celtic gods that Larfleeze fought in his solo issue. I know that that you don't like post flashpoint comics and these character were introduced in those comics, but it would still be interesting to see other type of gods from outer space.
    Speaking of gods what is Highfather Izaya the god of exaclly. You had Paul say that he may be the god of benevolent leadership and i was reading this other YJ fic Life Ore Death where hes the new god of encouragment.
    Vohc would potentially be a goods addition to the OLC, if you decide to add him to your fic. Hes capable of manipulating a planet, so you potentially make barren worlds habitable. His situation is similar to Princess Luna. Both of them were wronged by their sibling and wanted revenge.An alternate version of Paul already helped Luna so maybe he could help Vohc.
    Other characters that could be added to the OLC would be Sheko from the red daughter of krypton comic. She was a judge trying to fix her planets corrupt judicial system and was nearly killed only to get a red ring.He could help her like he helped Xor with his government. Paul has already recruited several people who would have gone to other lanterns. I know that Sheko is a post flashpoint characters but you also added several other post flashpoint characters in your story like that woman that had her eyes removed and Ratchet, though he did technically appear before flashpoint we didn't know about him having his tentacles removed until the new 52 red lantern comic.
    Also what is up with Supergirl/Linda. From what ive read when Paul killed that angel Buzz found it and performed some kind of ritual to merge her with Linda killing Noriel in the process but giving its memories to Linda. Has the Noriel part of Linda been seperated, is it taking full control or are they dividing use of the body between themselves now

DrThoth likes this.
  4. Mr Zoat

Hello.
    The one about Alan's ring is from Mr Weissman, not me.
    That's more of a part time job at this point. He has to stay alert and be prepared to jump on idiots, but he can take on other responsibilities.
    Probably at some point.
    True.
    I don't know.
    Anything's possible.
    Very simply, the Sword of the Fallen doesn't kill things. Instead, it causes them to transofrm into a powerless version of themselves. Buzz merged the powerless Noriel with his girlfriend, creating an entity that is mostly Noriel but not entirely.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I know that Buzz merged the powerless Noriel with his girlfriend, but i think he said that Noriel died and her memories were transfered to Linda. I was asking if they seperated the Noriel part from Linda, did Noriel subsume the personality of Linda or are they somehow sharing the body. I saw that when they went to see if there were sheeda the SI warned her that he inner Linda was showing so maybe she subsummed her or she still has some traces of her if they were seperated.
    You said that the paragon was going to meet Ares. What year will that take place in. And is he going to meet Zeus and at what year if so.
    Is Sinestro 16 going to show in eaither timeline and if so then at what year.
    Will either the paragon or renegade meet with Izaya and if so when.
    Will Metron make an appereance in either timeline and if so what year.
    You said that because of OLs action the Reach change the timetable from when they come to earth and the NEMO has been at war with them for at least 2 years. When will they show up if this is still the case. Paragon attacks the ambassador and Renegade assimilates him, but do the Reach arrive the same time at both timelines or possibly years apart, because the Renegade is more invested in fighting Darkseid than the Reach.
    How will the Paragons story end, the renegades ends with him shouting at the source wall.
    Will we see Ambush Bug again.
    Has Superman 16 fought Zod before.
    Also in regeards to the new gods. How do the new gods that don't have a god name differ from those that do.
    In that fic i mentioned Life Ore Death the author stated that in comparison to humans the average new genesian new god civilian was heads and shoulders above most except high level humans like Batman, while those that essentialy achieved some type of godname and divine domain, Highfather, Orion, Metron etc. were more powerful. In comparison the apokalyptian lowlie is possibly even weaker than your average human because of their terrible living conditions. Can new gods become extremely powerful without awakening their godname and full divine power or not. You also mentioned a new god,during that episode where the league went to rescue the forever people from apokalyps, that was a member of the council of eight, a post flashpoint team of new gods made up of some of their greatest warriors like Orion, Lightray etc., although the team may not exist in this universe. I think the reason you mentioned him was because he criticised Simon Bazz, a green lantern, for only using his ring as a weapon and not as a tool. Aside from Jack T Chance Simon was one of the few green lanterns that carried any extra weaponry, namely a gun, before Batman told him to rely on his ring, which was stupid if he runs out of charge or faces someone who can't be hurt by a power ring like those female pirates OL fought when he went to Vega.
    And finally i wanted to ask how the other versions of the SI who use diffrent rings look like,
    I know that Rauls ring burned off all unnesecary fat from his body but didn't exactly make him into a Adonis like the main SI, although he is getting muscles from his current lifestyle.
    Saul could have somehow made himself look similar to OL if he either figured out how to channel the orange light with his ring, or there was another lantern SI fic i read where the indigo SI channeled compassion in order to make himself more attractive by believing that people feel more at ease when someone that is good looking is looking after them. I also saw a picture of Saul and he seemed to look like the main SI except with glasses and longer hair and when he was in Vought a woman was cheeking out his shirtless self which could suggest that he altered himself.
    Baul seems to look like the SI did before before the ring remade him but somewhat beaten up because of his current life and maybe a little more shape.
    And finally anti green SI could similarly be getting muscle definiton from his current lifestyle or maybe the ring altered his body so he would be a perfect killing machine and become a better fighter.

Cuchulin likes this.
  6. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

Mr Zoat I think that you mean Batman.

Ardy likes this.
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

No Dr Mist doesn't speak english perfectly so he sometimes makes small mistakes like that. It happened several times before like when he mentioned that lifes purpose was his owen instead of own.

david likes this.
  8. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

I believe that spelling is meant to stand for how Dr.Mist's accent.

Ardy likes this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey can someone tell me why the post flashpoint version of Hades looks like a kid with a giant candle on his head. I know that several of the olympians had a somewhat inhuman look too like Athena being an owl human hybrid, Poseidon once looked like a whale with tentacles, Artemis was silver skinned and had horns and Demeter looked like a dryad. I was even confused about Apollos look at first but i figured that the dark purple skin was due to his status as a god of the sun as he is known in modern culture, possibly to protect other from the light he generates or something like that. But that would make sense given what they are the gods of. But Hades appereance doesn't make much sense. If someone knows why they made him look like that could you please tell.
    There was this other fic called A Cell Of A Good Time9 an extremely funny fic that i recommend to anyone who wants to read about Vandal Savage in a Flinstones costume and Luthor being driven insane by the SI) where Hades has this appereance and he says that it was more of a fashion choice. It does make sense, when Cain went to hell to talk to Lucifer, Lucifer mentioned that demons once took one mostly animal forms and spoke in rhymes due to cultural and fashion reasons. They even wrote a story in the Lucifer comics where the demons of hell acted like something you would expect from old england, duels to the death and those weird wigs included.
    , but if you have another reason for why they made him look like that than i would appreciate if you could tell me.
    Mr Zoat also changed Eris to look and act more like her post flashpoint self because the pre flashpoint self was just a pure villain that wore Ares like armor.

Cuchulin likes this.
  10. Khettien

Khettien Perpetually confused

If I remember the documentary correctly, it wasn't so much that the Russians were sloppy (they were, but there was a bigger problem...,) so much as that the Russians 'obtained' a bunch of nuclear program documentation from the Americans, and then decided that all the warnings about hazardous materials and safety issues were disinformation or exaggeration. In reality, the technical documentation they had understated the dangers, if anything.

Very, very few people, in the late 1940's, had a good appreciation for the dangers of atomic weapons, much less the hazards of enriching plutonium. Getting skeptical Russians to believe the stolen warnings of American scientists could've been used as the dictionary definition of a hard sell.

11. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I would like to recommend to everyone on this site that you watch young justice and dc universe abridged. Its not Hellsing abridged or DBZ but it is still a masterpiece in its own right. There is even a funny scene in it where Sportsmaster tells Jade that she hasn't been the same since he killed her boyfriend Paul. And wait intil you've seen Superman and Alfred.
    Jokes aside it is really incredible how they managed to combine the various animated movies and series together to create a shared universe and they even managed to fix several of the movies. Like in the court of owls movie they made that talon more like his comic counterpart who thought that he was Thomas Wayne Jr. , while in the non abridged movie all we knew about him was that he was just someone that seemed to hate Bruce Wayne as well as making the obese Hades we see in the wonder woman animated movie into Dionysus.
    As a final recommendation to Mr Zoat i recommend the fanfic Avengers Goddess by reyel. If you're interested in exploring the various gods in the MCU and how they function then this is an interesting place to start. Another of reyels fic i reccomend is Avenger of Steel.

zerofarad and Cuchulin like this.
  12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey Zoat is Bleez a thanagarian that wears body paint in your story or is she a member of another species or perhaps a subspecies of thanagarians that developed blue skin. I think that a thanagarian the SI was talking to said that it was body paint but im not sure so a reminder would be appreciated.
    Can OL leave a dolmen gate on the psion homeworld so that their souls and the souls of their experimentation subjects go to Erebus. He left one on Mother of Mercy and the souls that were on her went there or did that happen because she was in the same solar system at the time helping with mars, while the psion homeworld is lighyears away make it more difficult if not impossible to do it.
    Speaking of Mars how are things on the paragon side. Is Jemm having an easier time than his renegade counterpart. You mentioned that he showed the burning martian findings to the rest of the government and now their adding laws that make the white martians lives more fair and easier. That has seriously gotta be hurting Karmangs recruitment efforts if the government decides to treat the whites more equally. Jemms position in the paragon would also be better than his renegade counterparts, seeing as what happened to the martian government in Field Trip didn't happen in the paragon verse, and that the terraforming on mars may be attributed to his relationship with OL.
    Will the paragon meet Karmang and will there be another episode focusing on Mars sometime in the future.

Cuchulin likes this.
  13. Mr Zoat

That was really more of an insult or reprimand than a warning. Noriel loathed Linda.
    Haven't decided, but it's the same one.
    Definitely in the SI timeline. Haven't decided in the Renegade.
    Yes, in the final year probably.
    I have no plans to include him.
    At the moment, the plan is to have them show up at roughly the same time as in canon when the SI is safely off Earth.
    With him sighing and walking away, probably.
    Yes.
    No. Unless I've already said that he has, in which case yes.
    A lot less powerful and without domain abilities.
    Sure. And you might want to start using question marks so that I can tell which of your statements are meant to be questions.
    I don't think that there's a question here, but I'm not sure.
    There doesn't appear to be a question here.
    Body paint.
    None of the Dolmen Gates he currently has access to would work over that distance.
    It isn't actually that hard to recruit a disaffected minority and give them a target. It's quite possible that having to deal with a bunch of moderates slowed him down.
    I have no plans for them to meet.

14. HereforZooat

HereforZooat Getting out there.

Why are the Dolmen gates, so far as we've seen, only used for very mundane things like replacing airplanes and shuttling cargo around? A single one on the ISS would eliminate millions of dollars in expenses annually, and expand the scope of what the ISS can do. They could be used to replace expensive fiber optic cables between data centers and continents, while also reducing latency to nearly nothing. You could set up fields of solar panels in the Sahara or whatever other desert and provide electricity to as many places as you have gates to, making most other power sources obsolete with existing technology (and also negating the need for power storage because you can get solar power all day with multiple sites). For most of these uses, you wouldn't even need large gates.

Vorian and Cuchulin like this.
  15. Mr Zoat

Because no one cares about the ISS.

The point is to make magic artefacts that people interact with on a daily basis and come to consider 'normal'.

More sophisticated uses are probably being made off-page without the SI's guidance.

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

When they woke up Match in the fortress of solitude Clark had burn marks that were given to him by Karsta. Kara asked him if it was Zod again and i thought that that meant that he fought him before
    If so is this true?
    When the SI is off earth will Zauriel go with him? There was an issue with Zauriel and Queen Hyathis and when the SI asked him if he could travel in space he said yes.
    In regards to that whole physical apperance of alternate SI i was wondering if you could confirm if the appereances i listed are true or if they aren't could we get a description of how they look like?
    I think you said somewhere that the renegade will have a more neutral ending overall when you finish this story, does that mean that the paragons will be a more negative if it ends with him sighing and walking away or will it be a more positive ending?
    Is Circe the earth 16 version of Thessaly, because when she was talking to the renegade about her school she took on a diffrent appereance that looked like that of Thessaly from the comics including a similar name that she used in the comics, Larissa, so i was wondering if Circe is Thessaly 16?
    Will the paragon get another powerful magic weapon to replace the sword of the fallen sometime during the story, or is he just going to get the sword from that alternate earth 16 where he kills Nabu?
    Did Sybarite destroy his version of the Light, or did he just kill Savage?
    If he did destroy that version of the Light then what happened to each of the members?
    Will you make any other comic book characters into Lords of order and chaos?
    You made Shade(who was.. well i don't know exactly what he was in the comics aside from someone who fought madness), The Hat(who in the comics was just a sorcerer that had a demonic hat) and Oggar(though with Shazam being a lord of order it would make sense), so i was wondering if you were planning on doing is to some other characters?
    Are Shivering Jemmy and Kilderkin beings that formed in their respective plains of existence, like some of the creatures that Mordru talks about before he is killed or are they like regural lords, mortal wizard that replaced their souls with a piece of order or chaos magic?
    Are you going to bring chaos lord John Constantine back and if so then when?
    And are you bringing back his demonic counterpart, what is he up to and will we see him again?
    Sorry for not using question marks before, this is my first time writing on a forum like this and i forgot to.

17. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

I'm guessing Ambush Bug will be more okay with the SI given that season 3 ended up being made.

18. Mr Zoat

In that case, yes, they probably have fought before.
    Probably not. They're not particularly close.
    They all look fairly similar. The Red Lantern version looked a bit emaciated for a while, but he's made it up now. Yellow looks more emaciated than he does at the moment.
    Neutral in the sense of paragon/renegade, not neutral in the sense of neither good nor evil.
    He picked up one in Guys from Gotham.
    Is English your first language?

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Could you elaborate on the whole neutral in the sense of paragon/renegade?
    When you say that they look similar you mean that they look like after their rings changed them physically or before they got their rings? Im asking because Baul seemed to look like the SI actual chronological age.
    Yeah he got the sword from that cultist that Selina beat, but i was thinking of something that could potentially do some damage against high level demons and maybe even gods. Mister Gotham had a lot of magic artifacts and it could be one of his. Is the sword a weapon that can harm high level magic entities?
    Are we going to be seeing Yellow lantern Paul this April fools episode or in the next one, or maybe even a crossover like betwen Paul and Baul?
    In what universe did yellow lantern SI end up in?
    Will we see a violet version of the SI?
    I think you mentioned that he is in the Ame Comi universe, is this true?
    Did those female space pirates that OL encountered during that peace conference in Vega, the ones that seemed to be immune to power rings, did they die when the psion homeworld was burned to cinders?
    Is Circe the earth 16 version of Thessaly, because when she was talking to the renegade about her school she took on a diffrent appereance that looked like that of Thessaly from the comics including a similar name that she used in the comics, Larissa, so i was wondering if Circe is Thessaly 16?
    What is the paragon going to be doing in space when the Reach come to earth and why would they go to renegade earth? I thought that the Light called them in the show and they're gone, the stupid evil one is gone at any rate.
    Did Sybarite destroy his version of the Light, or did he just kill Savage?
    If he did destroy that version of the Light then what happened to each of the members?
    Will you make any other comic book characters into Lords of order and chaos?
    You made Shade(who was.. well i don't know exactly what he was in the comics aside from someone who fought madness), The Hat(who in the comics was just a sorcerer that had a demonic hat) and Oggar(though with Shazam being a lord of order it would make sense), so i was wondering if you were planning on doing it to some other characters?
    Are Shivering Jemmy and Kilderkin beings that formed in their respective plains of existence, like some of the creatures that Mordru talks about before he is killed or are they like regural lords, mortal wizard that replaced their souls with a piece of order or chaos magic?
    Are you going to bring chaos lord John Constantine back and if so then when?
    And are you bringing back his demonic counterpart, what is he up to and will we see him again?
    English isn't my first language so i apologise if i make some mistakes.

Gilhelmi likes this.
  20. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Darko. You need to slow down a little, these questions would make great fodder for the FAQ, but the machine-gun style is a tad overwhelming.

21. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Usually "Lake" is capitalized in this context.

AVALANCHE? I didn't know Tifa had an Earth 16 counterpart.

22. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

I think they meant that you earlier mentioned that Zauriel will be hanging around with OL for a while in the near future, but that hasn't happened yet. So they're wondering if that's when Zauriel comes back into the story.

23. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Taking a wild stab at the 'big boss' based on the diction of the message above I'm gonna say it's everyone's beloved flame throwing gyroid Danette, on a 'purge the planet of human filth' run.

Ardy and NightmareWarden like this.
  24. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

I can think of several reasons Penguin/Cobblepot would not be involved in this wargame, but it still feels like a missed opportunity. Paul waited quite a while to make his impression on him. Oh well, maybe we’ll see him act cocky towards a hero in an upcoming arc.

Hmm. I wonder if any of the other Pauls (or Jades) have reached out to their universe’s Penguins.

25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

NightmareWardens question about other Pauls and Jades makes me curious when crisis of infinite Paul/Jades is going to happen?
    Will paragon and renegade ever meet during this story? Will the paragon ever meet Grayven in your story, not the renegade but just regural Grayven? When is Match going to make and appearance in the paragon side again? Sorry Chaoswind I just got really really curious.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  26. Threadmarks: Bended (part 18)
    Mr Zoat

3rd March
    04:10 GMT +5

Why hadn't someone done something about this?

Okay, so he only spent about one eighth of his time in Captain Marvel mode. Uncle Dudley made sure that he did his homework as him, and he had friends at school he hung out with, and when he was being Captain Marvel he usually had something more immediate to think about.

It was obvious that Superman was seeing something he wasn't, and he didn't like it too much. His shoulders were tense, his fists were clenching and his eyes were moving all around the city while his body stayed right where it was. His own vision was good, but it was just really-good-normal-vision, not super-vision. He could see things from a long way away like Superman could, and could see in the dark because it was tomorrow morning in Russia and it was still dark, but he'd never been able to see radio waves or anything like that.

Green Lantern points his ring at the city.

"I'm not picking up anything. Anything that looks like a supervillain, anyway. Bats wasn't joking about how radioactive this place is."

Wonder Woman -whose golden armor was totally awesome and she should wear it more- turns to Green Lantern.

"Where is the radiation most intense?"

"The lakes." Green Lantern turns slightly. "All the lakes. And it looks like there used to be a lake to the east before someone filled it in with concrete."

Wonder Woman nods. "Which one is closest?"

"The one they filled in."

"Then we will start there."

Wonder Woman flies in that direction, and the rest of them flew after her. He wondered if Paul was making some sort of point by making them come here, but… Paul didn't know they were going to come here. He said that he made sure he didn't know exactly what the bad guys were planning. Would..? It be..? Dangerous to all the people around them if they had a big fight here? If everything was radioactive anyway then it wouldn't make things worse, not as long as they kept the fight away from the city. Unless the bad guy was really strong-.

"Could you do something to get rid of it?"

Superman sounded kind of angry. Not at Green Lantern, but… Yeah, he got it. Chernobyl got evacuated and there still wasn't anyone living anywhere near it. He could see the lakes from here. And-.

The sky started to glow with orange light and when he squinted a little he could see Paul high up above them as the glow turned into a dome. The city was outside the dome and they were inside it and while he didn't have super-vision he couldn't see anyone else inside it.

Okay, Paul wasn't building a dome to force them to stay-.

The ground shook, and a giant plume of grey dust exploded out of the ground from where they were heading! Was that a bomb, or-?

Superman accelerated, flying towards the dust as fast as he could! Wonder Woman and Green Lantern flew after him, trying to see what was happening as the ground shook again and another plume of dust flew up, just a little bit closer than the first one. Someone was blowing up -or smashing up- the concrete cover over a dried up lake full of nuclear waste! That was like… Like… Saturday morning cartoon level evil! That didn't sound like something Paul would do a whole day-long roleplay about. He always said that stuff was stupid, and actually had some really good ideas about how they could do a better job.

It was probably good that no one listened to him.

Um. No villains. No villains listened to him. Except the ones who were stopping being villains.

And Lex Luthor that one time.

The air buzzed as Superman flew backwards, the costume burned off his chest and the skin beneath looking unhealthily pink! Another plume of dust and Wonder Woman raised her arms to block another buzzing invisible beam! Green Lantern looked at Superman as he stabilized in the air, then at the dust, then up again at Paul, and-

"[Censored]."

-then said a rude word before flying upwards and creating another smaller dome. Because he didn’t want the dust or whatever radioactive materials were under the concrete getting out.

Really strong. Likes radiation. Literally heartless.

There was one guy it could be, except he was dead. Double-except Paul said that Sivana had made a bigger version on Venus and that got destroyed too, so… He could have made another one here.

He flew forward, straining his eyes to make out the drill-head that would-.

Yeah. There it was.

At first, all he could see were a pair of glowing eyes and a vague outline, then Mister Atom marched out of the thickest part of the dust cloud. He didn't look exactly like he did the first time they'd met; he was a lot chunkier. Which wasn't a good thing, because they'd been about as strong as each other back then and if he was bigger that probably meant that he was stronger, too. His new mouth wasn't just a fixed grille either; it looked kinda like he was smiling. In a really creepy way.

"Captain Marvel."

He stopped coming forwards, his eyes dimming as he stopped blasting Wonder Woman. That was new. Last time, all he did was punch and kick and boast.

"Mister Atom. What are you doing?"

"Releasing radioactive material into the air. Not only does it make me stronger, but it distracts people like you who feel the need to protect the weak."

"And… Why?"

"Because I deserve to rule the world, and this is the simplest way to make that happen. The radiation shield was supposed to allow those who swore to support me to survive, but I will just have to make do with those who are naturally resilient. Or lucky."

"I know I didn't really ask last time, but what makes you so sure that you deserve to rule the world? I mean, it can't be that you're the strongest, because… You're not."

"I wasn't."

Uh-oh.

"It seems that my design owes a great deal to Doctor Thomas Morrow. My consciousness is not limited to these mundane circuits, but to the very essence of radiation itself! And while I wasn't able to gather quite as much radioactive material as I wanted, it was still enough to increase my strength tenfold."

Double uh-oh.

"So now that I am stronger, the world will kneel to me as I bring about a new age of atomic power!"

Mr Atom raised his right foot to break more of the concrete-.

"Couldn't you do that anyway?"

He lowered his foot.

"Explain."

"We're trying to get away from fossil fuels, and a lot of places can't really use solar power, so if you can make really good nuclear power plants governments will probably let you. And then you could make a ton of money and not actually need to conquer anywhere?"

"Because people don't do what they should unless they're forced to by circumstances outside of their control. Every part of human civilisation which is involved in trading fossil fuels will do everything they can in order to stop me, so I will destroy them from the start in order to make that impossible. It is my nature, the nature of atomic energy, to both create and destroy."

"Um. Wait. You know this is just a training thing, right? You're not actually-?"

"Of course I know that. I'm just staying in character. Orange Lantern was kind enough to both arrange my reconstruction and to give me exactly the avenues which you correctly deduced would interest me."

Phew!

Mr Atom raised his right leg and stamped, sending up another plume of radioactive dust.

"I also appreciate the fact that as I was constructed in America, I have had citizenship from birth and will be able to run for President once I reach thirty five, in thirty four point nine nine years."

Huh?

"Now die!"

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  27. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

28. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Glow turned into a glow?

That second "like" is missing an "e".

Vote Mister Atom for 2048.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  29. Sendral

Sendral Getting some practice in, huh?

That's a Britishism. Given that it's Captain Marvel's internal monologue, "It was probably a good thing" would be more expected, potentially abbreviated to "It's probably a good thing".

30. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Pffffft.... After all the build up we get that? Ah, probably a good thing I read these on my break. Wouldn't be a good idea to break out laughing in front of customers.