1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Logistical-Emphasis Grade Interstellar Operations Navy

I imagine the Darkstars are Strategic-Emphasis, and the Lantern Corps are Tactical-Emphasis.

Ngamer11 and Mr Zoat like this.
  2. Threadmarks: Gammadion (part 2)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

5th March
    16:54 GMT -6

Clark Kent -in full farmer getup and with skin that's still a little red- waves to me from the patch of…

Ring?

Omburan.

Omburan, which looks a little like a cross between a dragon fruit and a cabbage. And there's a whole field of them that the Els have apparently been tending since Superman scared Karsta Wor-Ul off. There's a rustic-looking log cabin near where her home used to be, her former habitation not surviving… Either lift-off or some sort of scuttling charge designed to prevent anything she left falling into anyone's hands. I wonder if she did that deliberately, or just on a sort of commando autopilot?

Kara's in the cabin overseeing the oven which has multiple large saucepans simmering on the hobs. I think she's making some sort of… Chutney, or jam… I actually don't have files on Kryptonian cookery, but they've got the fruit and vegetables that would have kept Karsta alive for a year to work with and I doubt that any of them really want to move out here to keep the place going. Kon and Mitchell are… Laughing about something as they pull a wagonload of…

Ring?

Babootch.

Over to the house. Mitchell spots me first and waves as I land in the crater. Whatever exploded here baked the ground hard and more or less flat, which is why it's perfect for the industrial freezer unit I deposit in it.

I frown thoughtfully as I float back over the lip and land in front of the brothers.

"You know, it wouldn't be that hard to set up an agricultural robot system to keep this place going."

Kon shakes his head.

"It's not the work. It's the security. As soon as anyone finds out there's a 'superfarm' out here, this place is gunna be crawling with reporters. And xenobiologists."

"Is that a bad thing?"

He nods, wincing slightly. "Clark had Jor-El check out what would happen if a human ate any of these plants. It… It wouldn't have been pretty."

"Are they okay for you?"

He looks slightly awkward. "Jor-El wasn't.. sure. My digestive system's mostly human, but he doesn't have much data on the Danner Formula."

"Are you alright breathing in the pollen? Or-?"

He shakes his head. "Come on, Paul: if it was that dangerous, the people living 'round here would have been affected by now."

I look around. "And I take it there's no danger of the plants growing out of control like an invasive species with no natural predators?"

He nods.

"The plants can't spread because they need the kryptonian soil microbes that Karsta only added to the soil on her farm. The microbes can't spread because they don’t get on well with Earth soil, and she had to grow them in her-" He glances at the crater. "-lab and refresh them every year. We've been taking soil samples to give Jor-El so he can work out exactly what she added."

"He doesn't know?"

I hear Clark Kent dust off his gloves and I turn around as he walks over.

"My father was a brilliant man, but agronomy wasn't really his focus." He turns his head to look at the freezer. "A present from Captain Cold?"

I nod.

"I've persuaded Leonard to work on civilian designs. That's one of his. Warden Waller grudgingly let me put it together in accordance with his specifications while he watched." I frown. "Isn't.. this a bit of a risk? Being out in the open like this?"

He shakes his head. "Enemies with spy satellite networks aren't all that common. The only one I've got already knows who I am. In a way it's a little liberating not having to worry about him finding out."

"No sense of an axe about to fall when he shares the information with the world?"

"I figure that if he hasn't done that by now, then he isn't going to."

Mitchell nods. "Maybe he likes you spending time being Clark Kent? He might think that if he told everyone who you are, you'd decide to be Superman all the time."

Superman looks at me somewhat pointedly. "He might. I don’t really know what I'd do if he actually did it."

"Would you like me to fit the Daily Planet with force fields just in case?"

"I… Appreciate the offer, but I-" I stare at him. "-don't think that-" I point to his belt, and Kon gives his head a small shake, claps a curious Mitchell on the shoulder and pulls him away. "-would be a good idea."

"Would you care to explain that?"

"Because at the moment, the only connection between Superman and the Planet is that a few of his friends work there."

"I think most people have spotted the romantic subtext in your interactions with Ms Lane."

"You know how many people think I'm dating Diana? Especially after she adopted-. The boys?"

"Themyscira is already well protected. The Daily Planet doesn't even have transparent aluminium windows."

"Okay, but if we put force fields around the Planet, it makes it more obvious that there's something going on there."

"Only if people know about them. And if they trigger, it would be because the building was going to be destroyed anyway."

He folds his arms across his chest.

"I don't think even you can make a sensor system that reliable."

"No, but I can give you the on button."

He pauses for a moment, then nods.

"So I'd be the only one who could turn it on."

"You'd be the one best placed to turn it on. I could also give Ms Lane an on-button, on the grounds that potential attackers must have worked out by now that you make a point of helping her whenever she's in need."

"Okay. Send me a copy of the designs-" I take the data stick out of subspace and shove it into his pocket with a cartoon glove construct. "-and I'll.. look it over."

I half-turn away, looking at the cabin where Kon and Mitchell are getting stuck in peeling and chopping vegetables.

"Have you got somewhere to put all that?"

"I can program the Fortress to grow by as much as I need it to."

I nod.

"And the.. farm land?"

"Karsta still owns it, though I don’t know if she'll ever be back. Kara, the boys and I are going to pull up all the plants and replace them with Earth plants, just to be on the safe side."

"Why..? Now?"

"I was hoping she'd come back on her own. I've been having Har-Zod send her messages. She hasn't replied. I.. guess, after your training session, I decided it was time I dealt with it." He smiles. "You staying for dinner?"

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  3. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

Edit: Conner’s a smart boy.

I’m honestly sad that what I assume will be a Renegade arc is getting pushed back. Grayven on planet Wilson and the chaos that would entail seems fun. I mean it couldn’t be more adorable than Grayven hanging out with and/or teasing his children, but I’ll take what I can get.

Also did Wally give feedback to the league regarding the War Game? Or did he rush off to share a summary with his fellow sidekicks? Was there a discussion about what the kids’ team would do in such a scenario? I could see sides forming based on whether the team would need more or less oversight (babysitting) while facing a dangerous global problem.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Did paragon Diana also adopt Mitchell because it would be difficult for Clark to explain where he came from to his friends in his civilian identity?

5. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

Add another Prince to the block. Diana is going full mother hen?

6. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Krypotonian stuff has the craziest names. Thank you, Silver Age.

Probably a bit of spite even, because Kal found her and she didn't want him following her.

Yes, it sounds sexist, but Kara is the only one who actually was old enough to know Kryptonian cuisine in person. It makes sense she'd be cooking it.

Ah, Krypton...:p

Hell, I'm sure there are plenty of Superman groupies who would love to work on kryptonian stuff, no matter how toxic it might be to them.

Hmm... Well, he's got a point. This would be big news, almost as large as an alien spaceship showing up over, say, Timbuktu. No comments on international reactions, please...

Before anyone calls foul, Krypton had crazy biological stuff. Animals like Shoggoths (giant amoeboids with a killer tentacle) and Rondors (horned beasts with energy blasting abilities.) Plants like Blood-Blooms (carnivorous blood-leeching flowers) and Heather-vines (plants whose growth is hypercharged by radiation.) The sort of weirdness the Silver Age comics excelled at.

He might have trouble digesting some of the more exotic nutrients, but hopefully it won't poison him.

Good point.

So it all would have died off in months, anyway.

"Dammit, My son, I was a phycisist, not a farmer!)"

Well, Leonard Snart might well be one of the first rogues to go legit. Especially if OL can arrange legal and financial backing for his cooling and refrigeration tech.

That... is actually very shaky logic. I mean, I'm sure Lex likes having Clark stuck in his day job, but we know he'll run out if the trouble is big enough. Lex might be saving outing him, and by extension the rest of the League, as a nuclear option...

A scenario often called up in the comics. It usually results in some of his enemies going after his family... Which isn't very smart. You mess with his family, he's not gonna be happy. And we've seen what happens when Superman is not happy...

I think he's picturing upgrades like those OL gave Mount Justice...

Seriously, Clark. people aren't complete idiots, even if they can't see past a slouch, pitched up voice and glasses.

I can only imagine the gossip amongst the Amazons...

He's got you there, Clark.

Okay, that might make it palatable.

Yup. How many supervillains have gone after the Planet anyway, though? In this universe, I mean.

Ah, grunt work. Nice way to keep lively lads busy.

Probably the safest option. Easier to avoid trouble...

Heh, the scrape with mortality, even simulated, making him consider things he normally wouldn't, eh?

Nice, domestic and homey. Good to see Mitchell beginning to fit in, though no obvious sign of his emotional development.... Meanwhile, we get to sweat over the conflict of the episode...

7. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Urgh. How brutally domestic :D

Also it feels as if he and Lex should have a long talk at this point.

8. Dur'id the Druid

Dur'id the Druid Know what you're doing yet?

So did Karsta run off when off screen, ore did I miss something? And why? Not just because the house of El took an interest in her?

9. Mr Zoat

It was a while ago. Superman showed up with some bruises.

10. rdfox

rdfox Know what you're doing yet?

Still surprisingly effective, though. As always, look at the Christopher Reeves Superman movies. Between his slouching his entire body (including hunching a bit and bringing his shoulders forward to de-emphasize his chest), the glasses, and not just speaking in a higher register, but also adding a bit of a stammer, wearing deliberately baggy clothing, and changing his body language to appear less confident, he was able to look like almost an entirely different person when he was in Clark Kent mode.

Honestly, it does work so well that I could easily see that simple disguise method being enough for the only comment people would make ending up being, "Y'know, Clark, your face kinda looks a little like Superman's. Maybe an idea for the Planet's Halloween costume party next year?" (Particularly since Kal-El's musculature isn't visibly superhuman, so if someone saw Clark shirtless or otherwise with his physique on display, he could just explain it as, "Well, I was a farmboy and I played football in high school, so I got in the habit of working out," and people would believe him.)

11. Norgarth

Norgarth Making the rounds.

Finally got caught up on a couple weeks of story posts. The wargame was a cool storyline, though I have to add my reaction to this bit:
    [​IMG]

anyways, continuing on...
    Another collection for the Crisis of Infinite Pauls/Jades. I'm starting to wonder if Renegade won't get grabbed because he's become more Grayven than Paul.

12. Booksnake

Booksnake Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Had a thought about the Reach. They always seemed very insectile to me. Which might explain their constant use of the infiltration tactics. There are insect species that rely solely on infiltration to attack and take over other insect hives. It might be an instinct to the Reach that they subconciously follow, not even realizing they see it as their first option.

Prince Charon likes this.
  13. Shotiegun11

Shotiegun11 Know what you're doing yet?

If a single persons opinion can persuade you I would personally love to see the SI use a Violet Ring! Something about the SI using the arguably two craziest colors in unison and making the Zamarons pull their nonexistent hair out would be great.

Or own one permanently. That'd be cooler.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    Ngamer11, Ardy and Cuchulin like this.
  14. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

What happened to Starfire getting a Blue ring? Still too Angry with her?

And is Rush Hour still too busy?

Oh, did Amon and Isis ever get Dannered up like Adom?

Does OL have any plans on getting Arcane power armour? While the Cost of Subspacing it is high, he does have the Ability to create both rings and lanterns. Hell, he doesn't even need a functioning Ring, just the ability to store the charge. The rest is really just superflous.

Does he have any plans to start learning more magic, and powering it via Orange Light ala Zatanna's staff?

But, the most important thing in my mind... when is Dox going to start rolling out Prototype Sector houses for the Orange Lanterns, and when is OL nabbing the first off the line? He's been looking for a Space base for so fucking long.

Frank Iannetta, Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  15. GhostKing 666

GhostKing 666 Know what you're doing yet?

That's not why they use infiltration tactics. Before the Lantern-Reach War, the Reach were all to happy to conquer planets outright but the treaty prevents them from doing that now. Infiltrating and subverting is how the Reach get around the treaty.

16. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Damn, after moving to the East Coast it’s much later when you post these every night.

Have you considered becoming a colonial to appease my minor inconvenience?

Jormuungaand and Cuchulin like this.
  17. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

What ever happened to the Alliance of The Just that OL was investigating, way back?

Them and their members weren't ever mentioned again, were they?

Ardy and DrThoth like this.
  18. Threadmarks: Gammadion (part 3)
    Mr Zoat

6th March
    10:01 GMT -5

Dr Jonathan Crane regards me suspiciously from his side of the partition. His eyes have dark rings and he hasn't shaved recently, razors being something of a risk here. In accordance with Arkham Asylum rules he's in a strait jacket which is attached to his chair by thick straps and padlocks. The problem with Dr Crane is that while he's generally fairly well behaved, he can go into murderous rages with no apparent provocation. That's a fairly recent development: the first time he was arrested they actually sent him to Blackgate instead of here. Then… The other symptoms of prolonged psychoactive drug exposure started appearing.

One of those appears to be insomnia. His eyes are red-veined, and while he's trying to stay focused on me his eyes are wandering and he's blinking as if he's struggling to keep them open.

"Good morning, Doctor Crane."

"If you say so."

I risk a smile.

"I'm glad that you're not demanding that I refer to you as-."

"I'm insane, not crazy. I still remember what my name is. And I'm not.. Scarecrow when I'm like this. Scarecrow is…" He tries to move his arms, a slight jangling of the metal clips his only reward. "Terrifying. I'm not."

"And how are you doing?"

"The universe has no color or meaning. Food is bland, days blur together… I hadn't realised that the drugs would affect my sense of time like this."

"That could just be the repetition."

He nods.

"I'll have to test it, once I'm free."

I take a look at his spiritual networks.. and… Yikes. He's done a number on himself. The lines of emotional connections go places and those places are just… Dull. I can see their content… Crows, a decayed farm, a chapel… But there's no emotional resonance.

The Scarecrow can't feel fear.

"Doctor, I was wondering if you'd be prepared to help me with an experiment."

"What sort of experiment?"

"You need fear to function. But your exposure-."

"Everyone needs fear to function! It's the most primal motivating force, the impetus which keeps us…" He sags slightly, pulling himself in. "Keeps.. us…"

"Your exposure to your own gas means that you don't feel it any longer. Not unless you're exposed again."

"No. No. I still-. Batman. Something about the bat-imagery… That.. makes me feel fear without it."

"But being without that… It's horrible, isn't it?" He doesn't respond, settling for watching me intently. "What would you say if I said I could make you feel fear again?"

"You'll have to do more than lock me in a box for a few hours like you did Penguin."

"No, Doctor Crane. Magic."

"Not something I ever studied. Though I suppose an impulse that potent must have some sort of arcane significance."

"Just so. I don't know if you're a religious man-"

"No."

"-but I'm a Hellenist. And one of the supernatural entities I've encountered as a result is Melinoë. She's-."

"The nymph of nightmare and madness, of course I know who Melinoë is." He lets out a scoffing exhalation. "Are you saying that you can arrange divine intervention?"

"Yes." I take the product of our work out of subspace. It's actually nothing like as good as the regular version will be, but… They don’t like prisoners having access to metal plates or wire. "This will allow her access to your psyche. Your brain-."

"Doesn't activate in response to normal fear-causing stimuli, but that's a matter of neurochemistry. You're saying that magic bypasses that?"

"That, and I'm sure that a man like yourself can appreciate a little subtlety. It's not all about brute-force reliving of childhood traumas."

He looks at the small leather patch floating before him. He might know that magic is real on an intellectual level, but he hasn't had any direct exposure to it himself. Hm, as far as he knows; who knows what Dr Gotham's coterie got up to. But until he actually tries it he won't know, and his pride in his craft might prevent him from accepting it.

"Why are you offering this to me?"

"Melinoë is a friend of mine. But I can't appreciate her work in the way that you can. And I suppose I would like you to have an outlet for your abilities that is a bit less destructive."

"And that's it; you don't want anything?"

"While your skill at neurochemistry is considerable, I don’t really think I have much use for it in my work. I don't think that you know anything about the Gotham underworld that I or my allies need to know. All your victims are either treated or dead." I shrug. "You don't have anything I want."

Though there is a chance that this will make him sane enough that they can finally execute him for all of those murders he committed, including those of his college mentor, great grandmother, grandmother and father.

"You don't have to agree to use this, but I think that you'll like it."

"Have you used it?"

"No. That's not really my thing."

"Oh. And that interests me." He becomes noticeably more focused, watching my face carefully. "You don't think you could learn anything from studying your fears?"

"I used to fear heights, then I learned to fly. I used to fear death, then I wandered through my afterlife." I shrug. "Doctor Crane, do you want this or not?"

"Yes. Yes, I believe that I do. Even if it doesn't do what you claim it will, I'm sure that it will do something."

There's a clank behind him as the door opens and an orderly comes in with a tray. On the tray is another example of the dream thrower along with a pin. The orderly puts the tray down on the small table in front of Dr Crane. He looks it over.

"And what's this for?"

"I know perfectly well that you're more likely to try and use this on someone else than use it on yourself. In order to activate the artefact, it requires a small amount of your blood. That will link it to you. You will be the only one it can affect."

"I can hardly prick myself like-" He tugs on his bindings. "-this."

"Not a problem, Doctor."

I send a filament through the wall separating us and use it to grasp the pin.

"Where would you like me to take it from?"

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  19. Mr Zoat

The SI never planned to give her a blue ring.
    Yes.
    Amon did, Adrianna didn't.
    No. Magic doesn't react well with the alien technologies which the SI has integrated into his armour. He'd have to go full magic, then he'd have a suit he couldn't repair.
    No.
    He isn't. Since the Orange Lantern Corps is mostly active on the Reach Periphery and in coordination with the Darkstars and Legion he doesn't see the point in building separate facilities for them.
    No.
    They're still around, he just doesn't interact with them much.

20. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Does he actually need a pin? I know it’s more visceral, but wouldn’t it be more practical to just use a pin construct? Or teleport blood?

21. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Ouch. I bet that didn't end well, especially for anyone within arm's reach of Doctor Crane.

Between the insomnia and the housing, I doubt he can keep track of time well...

Yes, few people look intimidating in a straitjacket. The ones that do usually aren't impeded by it...

"
    He's really done a number on himself with his experimentation, hasn't he? Practically burnt out his emotions...

That is what OL is here to fix, I suspect...

Irony at its finest. I doubt he appreciates that fact much...

Hmm. Curing Doctor Crane's mental issues? Or at least the physiological aspects of them?

That's normal for anyone who's faced him. Especially those on the receiving end of his investigations.

Aw, did Cobblepot develop some claustrophobia? How sad. I bet Crane is so jealous...

Doctor Crane is old-school scientist. I seriously doubt it, beyond what matters to his studies. A fear of sin, for example. Or one of Heavenly Judgement.

Naturally the Fear Doctor knows about the deities and demigods of Fear... I bet he won't be expecting how cute she is...

Oh, very much so...

Doctor Crane has something of a desire to feel fear, doesn't he? A Fear Junkie if you will. I'm sure he'd try it if only to experience it once.

Wait, is this about setting Melinoë up on a blind date?:p

Well, I suppose that's one way of looking at the cost-benefit analysis. And depending on how he responds to Melinoë's treatment, he may well find God(dess).

And I doubt Melinoë would put much effort into it with him. She's not into him like that, is she?;)

Huh, he's no longer afraid of dying (at least, as much as he used to be?) I suppose finding out you're now compatible with the local afterlives would help.

A safety precaution, I bet...

Already accounted for.

I expect the pin is a part of the ritual involved in bonding it to him. A mare filament sample would likely weaken the mystical connection...

Hmm...There's a thought. Could this episode be about OL advancing the Greek gods' status in the moderrn world? What's next, setting up Aphrodite to head up a dating agency?

Correction:
    ...appreciate a little subtlety.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  22. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

So Melinoë Yellow Lantern when?

23. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Was OL hoping to reach Blackfire before she betrayed her people to the Citadel and being expelled from the school of the Warlords of Okaara and give her a superior, more practical, more secure and more sane and less evil way of achieving her dreams of becoming queen and outshining her sister?

Hey Zoat what would OL have done with Blackfire if she had betrayed her planet and tortured her sister out of misplaced spite and hatred and basically became a megalomaniac and complete monster/bitch, like she did in the comics instead of them being taken because their brother joined a resistance movement like in your story?
    Honestly the most heroic portrayal of her in the comics was the Red Hood and the Outlaws and other post flashpoint comics where she appeared, she gave her sister to slavery because she wanted to protect her world and not because she hated her sister like pre flashpoint Blackfire did in fact she regretted it and still loved her sister, even if their relationship was frosty, but would still do it again if it meant the safety of her people and planet.

Did OL know about the situation in Vega by green lantern records he had with the assimilated ring, i know the gl don't operate in Vega, but they could get information from the Crown Imperium and any pirates they capture when they leave Vega or was he simply going on something he remembered from the comics?

Do renegade Blackfire and Starfire have any powers aside from the starbolts thing, like are they now have supertamaranean strength or is their strength simply increased greatly but not like anything the tamaraneans would consider to be their version of super strength?
    I know that in the comics several other tamaraneans had powers because of Psion experiments, that general that could make duplicates, and post flashpoint Starfire could release all her energy in a complete attack as well as being immune to the power drainer that Crux tried using on her, though i don't know if her starbolts were given to her by the experiments or they simply altered her in other ways. New 52 Blackfire seemed to also have starbolts so it could be an ability that all tamaraneans posses on Prime Earth continuity or she could have simply had experiments performed on her, though more willingly.

Will there be future episodes featuring the two sisters?
    Will Starfire or her sister come to earth in the paragon side?

Cuchulin likes this.
  25. Mr Zoat

The SI didn't remember Komand'r origin well enough to have that aim in mind.
    Depends what else was going on.
    Mostly from the comics, and then from local sources.
    In the SI timeline they don't have those.
    Probably.
    Yes.

c3qo, Wetbananas, Gilhelmi and 11 others like this.
  26. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

Usually. Hannibal Lecter is the exception, I think; still creepy even in a straitjacket, despite being contained by it.

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I know that they didn't get their starbolt powers in the paragon side because he rescued them before the experiment could happen, while the renegade was dealing with the A-L equation the experiment happened.
    Do they have additional powers in the renegade side outside of their starbolts?

Cuchulin likes this.
  28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Can you give us any hints if this episode will be viking related?

29. Mr Zoat

Same as the comics: booster strength and endurance.
    It won't.

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Did paragon Diana adopt Match?
    Did she do it to help Clark, he seems like he wants to have some kind of relationship with him(more like brothers than sons, like canon Kon and Kal), but it would be difficult to explain where he came from in his identity as Clark Kent?
    What is renegade Match up to and is he as interested in kryptonian culture as renegade Kon is, or is he more interested in themysciran culture like the paragon Kon?

You said that even non-new gods divinities can Awaken people, but is it possible for non-gods, that is those that aren't divine, to Awaken people?
    If it is possible would they have to be powerful magic users, do they need to perform some type of ritual or can they simply touch a person and Awaken them like renegade does?
    Is it possible for them to awaken themselves, either unknowingly (doing some ritual to gain power and becoming Awakened by accident) or knowingly (performing a ritual to gain power but knowing that it will be divine in nature)?
    Can a magician who looks at the soul of a god(either a regular earth,or alien one, or a new god) alter themselves so as to gain godlike powers, like Dr Mist made himself immortal when copying some of the White Entity and how it exists?

erebus1994 and DrThoth like this.