1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Oglymogly

Oglymogly I trust you know where the happy button is?

He says that, but hasn't he forgotten at least twice so far? :p

Wheenesss, Chaoswind and Vaermina like this.
  2. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Welp, looks like it's almost time for Paul to get his ass kicked by the Monitor's.

Cuchulin and fappingtoyourpost like this.
  3. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

By the Monitor's ass? Why would that happen?

4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think Vaermina meant Anti-Monitor.

5. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Two out of Ten.

Nope, I meant the Monitors, a couple of them come through first and are giant assholes to everyone not named Superman.

Which means Paul will mouth off, and if Zoat portrays things realistically to their characters, they will smack Paul down for it.

Wheenesss and Radiant Knight like this.
  6. bobsimmo

bobsimmo Simmr001 on SV/SB

wait, isnt overgirl and overman, for lack of a better term, better than most in Earth 10? i seem to remember them both being Anti-Holocaust.

7. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Overgirl only really showed up as a corpse, and I'm not convinced that her last words actually meant anything.

8. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

I don't think they were anti-Holocaust. At least not while it was actually happening.

If I remember right, Overman eventually comes to regret it when it's far too late to actually do anything about it. And I think even that was mostly just him entering a downward spiral because Overgirl died and not a genuine sense of remorse.

He took her death really badly. If she were to stay alive, I don't think he would have done what he eventually did.

Gilhelmi and Cuchulin like this.
  9. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

I'm sorry, what? I got everything the first time through, and my accent is as close to blank as is possible in American English.

10. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

He has a prominent role in the Arkham games and plenty of other Batman stuff.

11. Mr Zoat

That's not how I interpret it:

[​IMG]

No. The only jewish hero I can immediately call to mind is Ragman, and I think that the only jew the SI knows is Harleen.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  12. ForeverShogo

Well, fuck me. Went back and re-read it. My memory certainly failed me.

I remembered him being a lot more complicit in that shit. Though even if he was horrified by it he apparently didn't feel the need to stop it. At least not right away. The story does mention that the various targets the Nazis had were almost totally exterminated the world over, and that the purges continued throughout the 60s.

Of the groups with "precious few survivors", the ones explicitly mentioned are Jews, Jehovah's Witnesses, Romani, and Blacks. (I'd assume Slavs as well.)

And he still maintains a world order that considers English to be a dead language. (With cities on the Moon and Mars.)

So I don't really know what to make of Overman anymore.

Bramble Thorn, Gilhelmi and Cuchulin like this.
  13. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

The is also Dana Dearden, though she isn't accessible to the SI right now.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  14. Mr Zoat

He arrived on Earth in 1938. Our version of World War 2 was over when he was seven. He joined in the attacks on Amerca in his late teens. It's unlikely that he'd have really questioned the fundamentals of the world he was brought up in at that age. Even the far less prejudiced Red Son version of Superman never denounced Stalin even as he tried to do better.

Also... I'm going to change some stuff. I can't think of a good reason for the Nazis to exterminate black people. Aside from anything else, there were black people who fought for Germany in WW2. The way Freedom FIghters (yes, I know, it's Nu52, but it's in a parallel universe so... Yeah.) handled that was more interesting, though still nonsensical. Why is the Fuhrer operating out of America? 1940s America wasn't that alien to the ideals the Nazis espoused, educating the next generation in Nazi ideals wouldn't be that hard. Why are they acting like an occupying power after all that time?
    I don't think that she mentioned that to him.

15. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

The fact that there are multiple Pauls in various universes suggests that prime Paul is still at home going about his life, and that all the others were copied from him over a period of several days.

16. Aeess

She did, they had a talk about religion before the angels Killed him after Zauriel visited him. And after confirming it was real she decided to follow the rules of her religion better and to visit the synagogue more often.

17. Steelplaza

Steelplaza Custom Title

The "good reason" would be finding a minority group to concentrate hate on and blame for problems. If they wanted to coopt existing American culture, using already extant hatreds and racisms would make all kind of sense.

The nazis were quite willing to betray people who had supported them the instant it was convenient.

Zeroguard, Ardy and DrThoth like this.
  18. ForeverShogo

The Nazis planned to exterminate any black people that happened to be living in their sphere of influence. Their numbers were just so few that they didn't think it was worth going after them in the same way they went after Jews and Slavs.

===

At the bottom of the racial scale of non-Aryans were Jews, ethnic Poles, ethnic Serbs and other Slavic people, Romani, and black people. The Nazis originally sought to rid the German state of Jews and Romani by means of deportation (and later extermination), while blacks were to be segregated and eventually eliminated through compulsory sterilization.

Though with the comic book cliche of total world domination, they probably went with active extermination rather than sterilization on Earth 10.

19. Mr Zoat

Ah, I forgot about that. Thank you for reminding me.

20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Is Odin from earth 10 involved with the nazi regime like Odin 16 helped Krieger in exchange for services?
    I remember that there was a Valkyre helping the nazi league in the comics.
    What does Odin 16 and Odin 10 think of the whole aryan superiority thing?
    Do they support it or did they simply help the nazis in exchange for services and other things and wouldn't care who was doing something for them even if they weren't aryan?

Cuchulin and DrThoth like this.
  21. Mr Zoat

No. With the technology they derived from the kryptonian database -plus Overman himself- the Nazis were never as dependant on mysticism to match the Allies' superheroes.
    She has about one line.
    It's nothing they haven't heard before.
    Odin will make deals with anyone if it helps him dodge Ragnarok.

22. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I know I've discussed Odin before and everything, but Paragon (and Renegade and other iterations, for that matter) should be a very attractive prospect to negotiate deals with, given his track record and involvement in both mystic and non-mystic advancement- presumably Ragnarok would involve Earth too, so that should be enough to motivate him. But as a god interested in gaining as much knowledge as possible to improve his strategies, it makes sense to just watch and wait for a bit; it's still less than two years since any SI has been active, after all. I don't remember if we find out what Odin's price was for his assistance, so information-gathering on Paragon's capabilities could be part of it.

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

DrThoth is right about the whole Odin thing.
    Will the paragon ever meet Odin in your story and if he does will he appear as he does in the Sandman comics, an old one eyed man in a black coat and large hat carrying a spear or like he was shown in JL Unlimited?
    You may have mentioned that Odin knew about the whole marrying Athena and Tyr that the paragon suggested and may not have liked it, but why wouldn't he if he is willing to do almost anything to avoid Ragnarok?
    In the comics he was planning on letting Asgard end but having his pantheon move to hell, so it would make sense to have allies in other pantheons to help him avoid Ragnarok or at least move to a new place.
    Is there a diffrence between Aesir and Vanir, like the Aesir being stronger and the Vanir being better at magic like it is usually portrayed in fiction, in your story or not?
    Are the Aesir and Vanir two diffrent species of gods or are they the equivalent of that whole europeans digesting milk better and japanese people starving more slowly, being essentially two diffrent ethnic groups with small diffrences overall, with one being stronger and the other being better at magic or are diffrences purely cultural, aesir as warriors vanir as magicians?

The nazis could have still created Captain Nazi, but using science like in the comics instead of magic like in your story, though it wouldn't be necessary seeing as they have Overman.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  24. MadMarx420

MadMarx420 Not too sore, are you?

Wasn’t overgirl a full kryptonian clone of Kal rather than a kryptonian-human hybrid?

Cuchulin likes this.
  25. Mr Zoat

No.

[​IMG]

26. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

But you know what the Justice League does have now: a russian / Slavic guy and several black men. Both of these would be subjects of Nazi campaigns.

27. Mr Zoat

Oh yeah, most of Dmitri Pushkin's forebears were purged. One of his grandparents made it far enough into Siberia that the Reich just decided that it wasn't worth it, but yeah. Arnus was killed by Overman during the invasion of America. Dr Balewa is still around, keeping his head down. John Stewart was never born.

28. Aeess

I wonder how Alan and Diana are gonna react, the last time they truly dropped their no kill rule was against Nazi Germany and now they're gonna meet a Supernazi from an entire world where the Nazis won.

29. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

Found another.

Bramble Thorn, Ardy and Mr Zoat like this.
  30. Mr Zoat

It would be more accurate to say that they didn't have that rule at the time and developed it later.
    Thank you, corrected.