1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

Eeeeh, no. VTM:BL is a case of story and great voice acting being more than good enough to excuse the gameplay's faults.

Gameplay-wise, it's a slightly crappy old shooter, with powers and stealth tacked on. It's not terrible, but it's not worth coming back to it for gameplay alone.

But story-wise? A lot of dialogue variety that takes your skills and powers into consideration, a lot of hidden gems (particularly for malks, goddamn there's a lot of spoilers hidden there for malks), plenty of good quests (the hotel is still good, how the fuck does it accomplish that?), and characters with fun personalities that are just a treat to hear again.

2. Jace Spicer

Jace Spicer Experienced.

I installed a mod that readded some whispering mechanics to the malkavians and boy is it creepy as fuck at night playing the game when you get whispering in your head at certain times when you choose at option.

3. Dakkaface

Dakkaface Magical Defender of Justice

Picked up Wizard of Legend during the Steam sale. I have not had this much fun for quite a while.

It's a roguelike beat'em up. Where you are a wizard challenged to go take on a dungeon stuffed with summoned minions and then duel a member of the council of wizards. Do this three times in a row for special accolades. Upgrades and item drops found in the dungeon only persist for that run, but gems found in the dungeons can be used to buy permanent items to change your starting loadout. Dungeon runs are fast enough that they don't feel like a slog, and the gems make even bad runs gain you progress toward a permanent purchase. The fast paced action gameplay is great and fills a hole in my tactics-heavy games library for a great game to just pick up and wail on baddies when I feel like it.

It's $8.79 during the sale, totally worth it, even at full price it's a great game.

Bacon_commando, Melmar and Rakdos92 like this.
  4. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

I particularly enjoyed everything having to do with getting into the Nosferatu warrens, even if finding my way around was frustrating.

Also some of the puzzles.

5. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

A lot of locations in the game have character, y'know? The hotel still keeps you on your toes even on your Nth run, the horror movie house is creepy as anything dealing with Tzimisce should be, the asylum is just excellent: the moaning of the mad experiments, the twisted architecture, all to the background of the diary of the old school psychiatrist malkavian.

Those are just some of the stronger impressions, others, while softer, feel just right as well. The Anarch bar, the Tremere house, the sabbath zombie house, even the gargoyle chinese theatre gets in there through sheer strength of it's music alone. All too many to count, but just naming them brings back the feel of them.

Ambience is one of the game's strengths, it says something that even it's horror parts still feel right even when playing it years later when the graphics are well past dated.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  6. Aaron Fox

Aaron Fox That Crazy/Not-Crazy Guy

... I'll come clean to you peeps. The Anno series is addicting. There is just something about setting up supply lines and systems to make sure that your metropolis prospers...

If I want to simply lay back and do something, I would fire up an Anno game and simply play that game for hours. It's easy to get absorbed into those games... just some more than others.

7. John Smith ROS

John Smith ROS Reaper Of Souls

Does anyone know whether or not there’s a warframe thread on this site or any of its sister sites because I haven’t been able to find one and wanna find some people to add to my clan since everyone else I’m my clan stoped playing and now I’m stuck by myself with a clan with a majority of the research done but no one to help with the rest. This is on Xbox btw.

8. BrokenAscendent

BrokenAscendent Filthy Heretic Moderator

If you are desperate; You could join my own clan.

9. John Smith ROS

Nah as I said my clans got around ninty percent of the research done and I even got the railjack made by myself I’ve put far to much effort into this clan to leave.

10. Athlumney

Athlumney Versed in the lewd.

SB has an active Warframe thread and has a doc sheet with the majority of the SB/SV Warframe userbase and which of the SB/SV clans they're in.

11. John Smith ROS

Okay thanks for the help.

12. Tavarokk

Tavarokk Pursuer of perversion

Anyone on QQ playing Space Engineers?

13. Jace Spicer

Jace Spicer Experienced.

Bacon_commando likes this.
  14. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Random predictions for the next characters in the next challenger pack.

1. Geno
    2. Goku
    3. Steve
    4. Gordan Freeman
    5. Another fire emblem character
    6. Tifa's breast.

15. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

J-Just the one?

D:

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  16. OverReactionGuy

It's only 1 character slot after all. Maybe the other one would be like Nana from Iceclimbers?

daimahou likes this.
  17. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

You have to pay extra for that. And her other boob is now also somehow a Fire Emblem character named Boobleryth or something. :V

OverReactionGuy and daimahou like this.
  18. daimahou

... Wait a minute...

The (secret) boss would be the other breast, right? Like the left hand vs right hand...

19. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Master Can vs Crazy Can...

Then they fuse with one of Bayonetta's breasts after it goes rogue and become the True Secret Final Ultimate Soul EX Boss: Triple Nipple. :V

daimahou likes this.
  20. Ragnarok

Ragnarok Well worn.

Picking back up Yakuza Kiwami 2 after several months, and googled the name of one of the hostesses of the cabaret club I'm managing. Y'know, do a quick wiki walk to get refamiliarized with what's going on.

Wasn't expecting a bunch of pr0n results to pop up on the first page. Turns out she has the same name and likeness of an IRL gravure idol.

Jace Spicer likes this.
  21. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

So, scanning the random newsposts chrome gives me on a new tab and spotted Genshin Impact- apparently people are bitching about it being a BotW clone.

As for me?

BotW as cute animu girls? I can dig it.

Also party system or something? Article didn't elaborate and there doesn't seem to be a plan for an NA release yet so.

Derek58 likes this.
  22. OverReactionGuy

It's going to be a game where you can partner with someone online or something. It's made by the people who made the mobile game honokai impact.

23. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

They did shit like that in several games, and not just with women or idols.

24. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

So not only PSO2 is coming here, as we already know, but it will even have english voice acting.

Hopefully, they'll do good work doing so. And in case it's shit, we can switch back to japanese no problem.

25. daimahou

But you won't be able to switch to better subtitles...

26. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

*Shrug*

We'll see how good those are when the beta happen, won't we? And if it's not, well, too bad.

I wonder if the fan translation will continue. If it does, you can just stay there.

27. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

I'll ask here since I don't want to double post on the FF thread.

Does anybody know how old LunaFreya was when she was taken captive by the Empire? The wiki says she was still a child but didn't give a specific age.

28. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

She was 12 years old at the time, and that matches both the events as described in the various media as well as the official timeline.

She became a captive after the Empire learned Noctis was in Tenebrae, which prompted them to send a strike team to Fenestala Manor, ending in the death of Luna's mother, her and Ravus becoming their hostages and the entirety of Tenebrae being annexed.

We know Noctis was 8 years old at the time and that she's four years older than him, hence she was 12 at the time.

The wiki has a timeline here, and it lines up perfectly.

AllyDoodle likes this.
  29. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

I must have missed that.

Thanks for the info.

Garlandknight likes this.
  30. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

I guess they really went all out for PSO2 dubbing.