1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

No. There are way worse places in the universe.

The Unaligned Player likes this.
  2. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Guys, some of you are going a bit closer to the line of Rule 8 than we would like. Someone DID cross the line.

Mind your discussion topic. Or take it to PMs.

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Odin is a pragmatic god, he may be supporting the nazis to gather things he needs in order to avoid Ragnarok. He probably doesn't even believe in aryan supremacy, just agrees with the nazis so they help him and probably to humor them. He may believe in rule by the strong, but he probably doesn't believe that one ethnicity is inherently stronger than the other.

Diana may not even exist on earth 10, or maybe never left the island.

What happened to the dead vikings that OL hit with that singularity weapon while they were fighting Oceanus?
    Did they go back to Valhalla or Asgard?
    If Odin wants the rest back then why doesn't he open a portal to earth and send someone to get them back?

Are Thunder and Lightning going to show up in the paragon side, and if they do will they be just meta humans like pre and post fp were, or maybe more divine like they were in Teen Titans?
    I know that those two meta humans that were Savages sons when he fought Darkseid were probably the YJ version of them, but I was wondering if you have your own plans for them.
    Will they show up renegade side?

Cuchulin likes this.
  4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

I don't think it's the same person.

[​IMG]

Note the pale skin and blonde hair.
    Thank you, corrected.
    No, they're still around. The ones who got hit gradually regenerated.
    Because this way he gets rid of Prince Jon without it being obvious that he's getting rid of Prince Jon.
    Two characters I know next to nothing about have little chance of making an appearance.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  5. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

I assume what Odin approves of is sterilizing those with disabilities or genetic disorders. Because apparently the thing Odin approves of where the Nazis are concerned is that they "cull the weak".

And when Overman is guilt ridden over the atrocities of the past, Brunhilde is disgusted by what she sees as weakness.

Oh. Huh. Hitler originally thought Overman was sent to the Nazis from the future. I wonder how long the Nazis believed Overman was what they'd eventually become.

Not that becoming like him is necessarily impossible. There's a lot of goofy comic book shit that could give them similar abilities.

Cuchulin and Navi-Hank like this.
  6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Odin is willing to lose a skilled warrior like Jon as well as several other warriors because Jon slept with a Valkyrie...
    And I thought that he was supposed to be pragmatic.
    Oh well everyone has their weak points, but really he is that petty?

Also nice to know that Einharjer can survive a weaponised black hole.

7. jonasquinn

jonasquinn I trust you know where the happy button is?

To be fair Overman landed in 1938 and the war ended in 1956, by the time he was old enough to doubt the beliefs he'd been raised with and influential enough to do anything about it the vast majority of "degenerates" were almost certainly dead, especially with the advanced technology the Nazis would've had at their disposal

I've always assumed that at some point Overman made his distaste for it known and they stopped for a while but as soon as they knew he'd be off planet for a while they made one last push, hence the "I was gone for three years" line

Ngamer11, Cuchulin, Chaoswind and 2 others like this.
  8. Mr Zoat

Not like he was learning anything new where he was.
    They can survive being near one. That was a bunt answer. Having reread the relevant part of the story there were only eight of them still on the titanic being so they probably weren't all that close to the beam

9. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Poor Paul, "we're getting off the point" is a thing people say when they are backed into a corner and know it.

10. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

I mean, his point was "there's no reason to sterilize or exterminate gay people", and getting into the weeds of genetic error correction is at best adjacent to said point.

"We're getting off the point" is also something people say when they're getting off the point. :p

11. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Don’t call me dear, especially if you're going to put as little effort into addressing my Hardcastle comparison as you did into my pointing out the practical value of life. The lack on your part makes it plain how dear I'm not.

Bramble Thorn and Ardy like this.
  12. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

god her whole parallel needs to be remade. by force if necessary.

13. Mr Zoat

It's just the one planet that went Nazi. There are plenty of perfectly nice places in it.

14. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

The fact that entire universes are referred to by the number of their earth, should show how little those perfectly nice places matter.

15. transhumansage

transhumansage Versed in the lewd.

hmm. thank god but not according to rick and morty tho.

16. ForeverShogo

Technically it's two planets and a moon. And even then it's still supposed to be nice if you're not their idea of an undesirable.

Like, I'm reasonably sure I'd fit their genetic standards, and I'm not gay, so if I ended up on Earth 10 I probably wouldn't have to worry too much about getting stomped on by jackboots. Well, I might still be fucked just because I only know English, and English is considered a dead language on Earth 10. But I get the feeling Overman would be a good sport about multiversal travel and try to help me learn German or something if getting back home was an issue.

Cuchulin and Ardy like this.
  17. Flux Casey

Flux Casey The Colonel

How in the absolute fuck did they manage that in sixtyish years?

Prince Charon likes this.
  18. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

I assume mass murder was involved

19. ForeverShogo

Don't ask me. I don't decide how comic book bullshit works.

Simonbob likes this.
  20. Mr Zoat

I've tried to refer to universes as 'Universe [number]', but since I'm usually talking about their Earth that Earth is 'Earth [number]'.
    They didn't. I'm chucking it. German is becoming the world's dominant language but English is still widely spoken.

21. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Our dear costumed vigilantes are breaking the law literally every single time they involve themselves. The team was literally created to be a black ops, hush hush, team to circumvent whatever UN rules had been laid down upon the Justice League. Rules that...really couldn't be enforced all that well anyway given that like...half the JL can crack the planet in half.

As to laws...OL just sort of does whatever the fuck he wants, even if he has to game the system.

At this point, OL has genocided an entire race of Space Nazis. Ones who committed no crimes on his planet, and were probably in the legal right with their actions as they were in control to write the laws in the first place.

He mind controlled a group of said genocided race and forced them to help him enact it. Upon releasing them he made a token offer that he pretty much knew they weren't going to take, but felt it was the thing to do. Both to perhaps make himself feel better, and on the off chance one might take it. They were then gunned down as they fruitlessly attempted to assault his position. Pretty sure OL broke a fuck ton of laws right there.

Both SI are also quite adept at setting situations up where, although he is doing something shady, in the particular spot he is in, he's in the legal clear. The quick hop and pop to get Witch Boy fucked over in China, the whole ambush with Nabu.

Then there was the group OL marooned on some distant rock someplace. Completely stripped of any sort of dignity or rights, they'll sit there in primitive squalor until they live to death. All knowing that they weren't even worth his time to kill. Cruel mercy there.

Now, I was totally on board to colony drop the Citadel, because fuck space Nazis, so it'd be rather hypocritical of me if I offered mercy to the actual Nazi that I wouldn't offer to the space Nazi.

OL had no problems whatsoever with wiping out the Citadel, mindfucking a battalion into working for him, and then watching them die. The space nazi got no mercy that day.

So why should the alternate world Nazi? Why kill aliens....but not the mostly likely attractive, human looking woman? Little bit of bias there?

Obviously because he wants to. That's why he does anything.

The Citadelions were grown in vats, and had no choice but to be what they were. He killed them. They committed no crimes on earth, and where pretty much in the legal clear on their own worlds.

Overgirl was genetically enhanced with SCIENCE! and is basically lifelong hitler youth. She has had no choice in what she is, and like the Citadel boys, has always known she is in the right. She has committed no crimes on his earth, but has engaged in Nazi work on hers, which is totally legal.

Difference?

What, they couldn't change their minds, but she might? Am I actually supposed to give a fuck here? I don't by the by. I'd of gold K'd her ass and then drug her off to Israel. Where there, my natural homosexual state would have required a lavish musical number. To the tone of Frozen's Snowman, I would have to perform "Do you want to kill a nazi?"

Or I could magic up some Holocaust victims and let them have a go. I've got family there, though I might not on Earth 16. I do...wonder, what, and who, might have been.

Last I checked, Pirates are declared enemies of all mankind the second they engage in the activity (I don't know if they still hoist a flag). Which pretty much means they are fucked no matter whose warship might see them. They get blasted down.

As I see it, nazis are the same. Just my eyes of course. But...were I to have a power ring. Well, this new Neo version would be having....troubles.

This might shock and amaze you, but I actually didn't see your Hardcastle comparison till just now. I wasn't tagged, and skipped right by it.

To the point....I don't care if she hasn't committed any nazi-ing on earth 16, she has on, what was it? Earth 10? She still dies. Dies before she can get back and "purge" any other "undesirables". Of which I would fall under from either my genetic ancestry, my sexuality, and probably something religious.

Now, I don't care, but OL obviously does.

Until he doesn't. Then you get colony dropped.

I, personally, think he's being blatantly unfair simply because she looks like him (As in both humanish) and he has enough outside comic knowledge to see a possible resource. He also tortured Demon Constantine despite knowing just how much choice that creature had in what it now is (On this I may be way off point, as I don't know Demon John's full history. As I understand it, per the usual, it's purely Real John's fault.)

Now dear, darling, if you wish to continue pleading the nazi's case, feel free.

Sadly, honey, I won't be moved. Also? A quick email to my German cousins has given me the all clear when it comes to calling for the death of Nazis. No word from our shared casualties, as our necromancy is really low level (Put all our points into other skills. Fools be we), but I'm going to guess that they are totally cool with it.

Moral of the story? Don't be a nazi, kids.

True Ninja, Darko and Cuchulin like this.
  22. Caerwen

Caerwen Know what you're doing yet?

mass murder and the forcible education and indoctrination of youth. Take them away from parents and put them in boarding school and forbid them to speak english or practice their own culture. Its been tried before, but it ended too recently to discuss.

23. jasonh23761

jasonh23761 Not too sore, are you?

That's actually a really good point I hadn't considered.

24. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

The real difference is that unlike the Citadel planet, short of Deus Author Machina, Earth 10 would likely win if Paul tried to do the same to them.

25. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Actually, English was seemingly not really that big before programming / the internet became a thing - when it became a useful skill for most people. On Earth 10, the entirety of the internet would be in German - and controlled by the government. Only Americans and British people spoke it, and the British were wiped out. (And Americans might have survived the war by not getting involved, but English would probably be slowly forgotten if everyone was taught German in schools and nobody was taught English.) Before the computing revolution, Latin and German were sort of the languages of universal choice (since both are used in academic studies for doctors/ archeologists)

26. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

Do note, their Nazi League has not had the benefit of a minmaxing munchkin like the SI pointing out the obvious to them. Their heaviest hitter--Overman--most likely still doesn't have a radiation shield.

If Paul took it upon himself to defeat their Nazi League, I would give him fairly decent odds of winning. See his panicked one round wipe of Earth-12's League. In addition to them, there's the entire world's worth of Nazi soldiers with advanced weaponry reverse-engineered from Kryptonian tech. Those might potentially be more trouble than a handful of brightly costumed thugs whose weaknesses and capabilities he roughly knows.

That said, the same problem applies to the Syndicate world. Merely beating down the state-sponsored jackbooted superheroes would only leave a bigger mess in its wake. To properly realign the entire world with his own desires and stop them from being Nazis would be a significant undertaking he's very much not invested in. He'd win the fight, but give up on the war as a lost cause. That or deploy Best Snake and apply mass mind control and be done with it.

27. Flux Casey

Flux Casey The Colonel

Sixty years is nowhere near enough time to kill a language as widespread as English. Okay, Britain got wiped out. America. Canada. Australia. India. To start. Sixty years is three generations. Even if the regime were to outlaw the language, there would be tens of millions of people over 40 who still learned their mother tongue while the nazis were still becoming the dominant world power. If Welsh isn't a dead language with less than a million speakers, there is no way in hell the number of English speakers could be reduced below that in sixty years.

28. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Maybe not actually.

You see Hitler wanted all the control, so either Christianity had to get in his back pocket or be destroyed, like how the labor union leaders got sent to the concentration camps so the Nazis could set up labor unions that were really about letting the Nazis have even more control.

But by and large, the German Christians, even those who were good little nazis, saw changing their denomination as a step too far.

"The Nazis eventually gave up their attempt to co-opt Christianity, and made little pretense at concealing their contempt for Christian beliefs, ethics and morality. Unable to comprehend that some Germans genuinely wanted to combine commitment to Christianity and Nazism, some members of the SS even came to view German Christians as almost more of a threat than the Confessing Church."

So unless this Hitler had better luck at getting Christianity to heel and play fetch, then Overgirl is from an Earth where Nazis had decades to go to war with Christianity (metaphorically in some cases, probably quite literally in others).

DAT_NOOB and Cuchulin like this.
  29. ForeverShogo

Uh, the British probably wouldn't have been wiped out. They would have been Germanized. (Unless by "wiped out" you just mean they were annexed.)

The British fit the Nazis ideas of being racially acceptable.

And of course there's a lot of Anglo-Saxon and Germanic settlement when it comes to the European population of the United States. With Germans and Nordics being especially prominent in the American Midwest.

In fact, German was so prominent that large swathes of America were effectively bilingual. What ended up crushing that down and putting a greater emphasis on English was the First World War. Where an emphasis on English was seen as a patriotic affirmation of loyalty to America.

Anyways . . . These are basically the groups the Nazis put at the very top of the racial hierarchy: Scandinavians and the rest of the Nordic countries (Norwegians, Swedes, Danes, Icelanders, and Faroese), ethnic Germans (including Austrians, Banat Swabians, as well as Sudeten, Baltic and Volga Germans), Alemannic Swiss, Liechtensteiners, Luxembourgers, the Dutch, Flemings, Afrikaners, Frisians and the English.

The Han Chinese and the Japanese were given Honorary Aryan status, and thought of as the Aryans of the East.

The Finnish were initially considered to be non-Nordic, but they proved useful enough that in 1942 Hitler officially declared that they be designated and treated as a Nordic people.

The northern French were considered to be racially close but not so much as to be considered peers.

The Nazis regarded central/southern Italians, Spanish, Portuguese, southern French, and Greeks as sharing a similar origin with Germans from ancient Indo-Aryan migration, but being almost purely of a distinct so-called Mediterranean race. Despite classifying these populations as Aryans, and regarding them as superior in the arts compared to Nordics and Germans, the Nazis considered them less industrious than predominantly Nordic peoples like the Germans and English, and thus marginally inferior to the Nordic race.

They also considered Persians to be Aryans, and Iran actually changed its name from Persia to Iran as an act of Aryan solidarity with the Nazis.

The Arabs were considered to be different but not inferior. North African Berbers were considered a type of Aryan. Turkic peoples, like in Turkey and the various Stans of Central Asia, were considered to be acceptable. (Hitler refused to accept that the Bulgarians were Slavic and considered them Turkish.

I could go on . . . But the tl;dr of it all?

As long as you were European, North African, Middle Eastern, Central Asian, Japanese, or Han Chinese and the Nazis didn't think you were Jewish or Slavic? You were basically racially acceptable to them. At least in a "do not kill or terrorize" sense. If you were anything else? They probably wanted to kill or sterilize you.

30. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Also New Zealand, Hong Kong and other parts of British China, various pacific islands controlled by Great Britain, South Africa, Egypt was controlled by Great Britain... they say the sun never set on the British Empire for good reason after all. Also even if Welsh died out in Great Britain it may survive in South America where i'm pretty sure there are some Welsh speakers IRL.

DAT_NOOB likes this.