1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Wonder what she would think of the genomorphs.

Navi-Hank and DrThoth like this.
  2. RagnarokAscendant

RagnarokAscendant Exists

Ah, sorry, misswrote.

Canis is so far into Blue and Orange Morality that it's very easy to forget his origins and past actions, plus his particular approach isn't quite as identifiably evil and outright incorrect as Nazism.

Ngamer11, protoss16, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Canis has never burned a city. Burning a city is grunt work and he is an artist and an officer.

He oversees the burning of cities.
    Probably something like this. Unfortunately I know a good deal less about the wider Marvel universe than I do about DC and so would struggle to leverage quite as well.
    Yes.
    I don't have any plans for the SI to visit Equestria again. And... Angelika has friends.

4. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Didn't anti green get eaten by a red portal just a few updates ago? I am pretty sure he got grabbed by the acme looking thing time trapper Paul and the Red queen used.

If that is related to how time trapper is feeding his universe energy then we can expect the anti green universe to be collapsing/collapsed to feed the Mandated universe.

Remember people these are the setup chapters for the incoming Crisis, heck I wouldn't be surprised if universe-10z isn't also getting burned for fuel atm and Overgirl will be left without a home to return to.

5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Overgirls portal situation may have been a pure accident.
    And Time Trapper and Red Queen may be taking alternate versions of themselves to fix whatever is causing Time Trapper to canibalize universes.

Cuchulin and Navi-Hank like this.
  6. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Uhhhh . . . I don't think Time Trapper Paul is cannibalizing other universes. I thought he was just abusing a time loop to keep his timeline around until he can find a way to make it into its own stable universe.

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Right sorry i forgot.
    He is probably taking his alternate versions to help him stabilize his universe or to deal with something else.

Navi-Hank likes this.
  8. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

As rabid as Maxx has been about her, I'm actually pretty sure Raquel will be more upset about it. After all, Maxx is just reading about a distasteful fictional character. Raquel is actually going to have to deal with the bigot.

On the plus side, as ideologies go, Nazism is weak. A month working with the team and cut off from her fellow Nazis and she'll be having a crisis of faith, guaranteed. That could be accelerated if she gets a beatdown at the hands of a black or Jewish villain, though there aren't a whole lot of DC characters who both meet that criteria and are powerful enough to go toe to toe with her. Mostly because there aren't a whole lot of HUMAN DC characters that can go toe to toe with a Kryptonian. Maybe Father Lost if he got lucky. Or Painkiller. I could totally see Painkiller getting the better of her. So much the better if she's then saved by Raquel or Kaldur in a way that leaves her feeling indebted.

Eh, the same could be said of Hitler...and I'm pretty sure it would fly with exactly no one.

9. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Boy, I'm getting a lot of mentions today.

Yeah, but they are mostly all Nazis.

And a lesbian whose life could be in danger.

10. RagnarokAscendant

RagnarokAscendant Exists

11. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

I'm not really sure if you can call Nazism a weak ideology. An evil one, sure, but it seems just a little too persistent to be written off as weak.

And despite the catharsis factor, Overgirl getting her ass kicked by some black or jewish villain is probably the last thing someone interested in reforming her would want. It'd probably make her backslide from any progress she may have made. I mean, if I got my ass kicked by someone I already hated it'd just make me hate them more. A beating isn't the kind of thing that would make me think, "Maybe I was wrong to hate them."

You have to ask open ended questions and essentially leave a trail of breadcrumbs so they can come to the right conclusion themselves. Being angry and confrontational just makes them dig in.

I'm also not sure about that viruscomix link. Like, Nazi Germany rose and fell within a single generation. Overgirl is from a world where the Nazis triumphed and were free to indoctrinate people over multiple generations.

In a world where the Nazis won, Gertraud never would have had reason to really think about what the Nazis were actually doing, and there wouldn't have been a plaque dedicated to Sophie to give her some after the fact epiphany. There's a clear difference between when it was happening and when they lost and the Germans had their faces rubbed in it.

As they say, hindsight is always 20/20.

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Even if Overgirl becomes better I'm pretty sure that she will be "a credit to your race" type of tolerant.

Ngamer11, AtomicGeneral25 and DrThoth like this.
  13. Galler

Galler Not too sore, are you?

It's still a step forward from where she started.

Darko likes this.
  14. RagnarokAscendant

RagnarokAscendant Exists

My point is that 'I was young, I was raised this way, I didn't question' really isn't an excuse when it comes to something as horrendously wrong as Nazism.
    Facts are facts are facts, and to put it bluntly someone with even a fraction of Superman's sensory abilities doesn't even have the excuse of not being in a position to find out for herself the truth of things.

WhiteNoise and Cuchulin like this.
  15. Maxx Crowley

I mean, for the first time, I'm looking forward to a Raquel chewing out. Finally, a proper target.

It's why nazis are the baddies in so many video games. You can do anything to them and it's all good.

True Ninja and RagnarokAscendant like this.
  16. Galler

Galler Not too sore, are you?

Apart from treat them like human beings. That's just a no go apparently? :rolleyes:

Jokes aside I think seeing her character develop in the coming episodes will at the very least be intresting. Even if the level of apathy she has for groups of people is enough to make my skin crawl at points.
    That sounds like the perfect title for an amazing WWII movie. I'm thinking The Great Escape meets The Sound of Music with a smidge of Naked Gun.

17. Maxx Crowley

If they wanted to be human, they should not have descended into nazis.

18. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

As well you should, that's more or less what I had in mind. :p

WhiteNoise and Cuchulin like this.
  19. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

Pretty much the same way a modern American justifies slavery and the treatment of native Americans?

I mean, most countries have some sort of dark past, where the usual response by modern citizens ranges from being ashamed about it to whitewashing it to literally defending it as being an unfortunate necessity at the time.

... that is, if they're forced to have a response. The honest actual response for an overwhelming majority of people living in a country that has a genocide in their past is simply not giving a fuck about it.

20. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Actually showing Overgirl the Sound of Music would be a good idea! She'd likely enjoy it and the ending combined with it based being on a true story would help de-Nazi-fy her.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    BBJimmy, Ardy and Jormuungaand like this.
  21. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

I wouldn't count on that. Would you like watching a movie about a traitor?

22. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

At this point you're spliting hairs

Jormuungaand and DrThoth like this.
  23. RagnarokAscendant

RagnarokAscendant Exists

I'd like to see her forced to have a response, though.

DrThoth likes this.
  24. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

I didn't get it, and I'm a native English American speaker. But yeah, its pretty clear from context.

moralrelativity and Cuchulin like this.
  25. Maxx Crowley

Zoat does not split hairs.

He carefully slices them down the middle with a special knife.

26. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm not quite sure what's supposed to be obvious here.

I mean, I suppose that no angel explicitly confirmed it during the Heaven-Hell War arc, but I feel like it's probably accurate to say yes, given its observable effects.

I wonder if Blaze will consider using it (I'm still a bit confused by both her and Overgirl having essentially the same name, is that canonical?).

27. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Making the rounds.

I agree there's no good universal definition. But there's lots of cases where any reasonable notion will give the same answer. And for sexually reproducing organisms that have no possible way of mingling genes, that answer is "separate species".

Cuchulin likes this.
  28. Steelplaza

Steelplaza Custom Title

Yes, the spear that pierced Christ's side is well known in mythology and mystical texts for its ability to (checks notes) mind control superheroes.

It's okay Maxx; she's a nazi too so at worst it's a "killed by the evil beliefs you yourself spread" situation.

29. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

What Traitor? Captain Von Trapp wasn't a traitor and in any case the movie (along with the German Film it was based on) is from the POV of the Von Trapp family so the viewer identifies with them, the Nazi's don't come up until near the end an in any case the family became a traveling singing act rather after escaping to Switzerland (A neutral nation). In real life the family escaped to Italy, in any case he was Austrian not German and they had to flee because if him refusing a commission in the German navy would have resulted in his arrest. Overgirl is VERY unlikely to have heard of the Von Trapp family as the only reason the movies were made was because the story is interesting rather than because the Captain was anyone of any importance.
    It's a good movie with good music that is likely to suck her in then SUPRISE Nazi's are the bad guys going after these nice people for no good reason. She'd be able to write off the movies bad guys as bad Nazi's, but further seeds of doubt would be planted.

30. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

For people who asked, I’d assume camps are actually fairly easy to justify if you consider everyone who isn’t a Nazi an enemy of the state. From there it’s a fairly simple matter of brainwashing. Anything done to an enemy of the state is considered justified by most people - even torture and forced slave labor.

Cuchulin likes this.