1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

I've been trying to imagine Melissa Benoist's Obermadchen with a German scent accent and frankly it's adorable.

Edit: Honestly, I should've checked this one for Autocorrect errors before posting, but in my defense it was, like, 3am.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    nobodez and Jormuungaand like this.
  2. Jormuungaand

Jormuungaand Out of work World Serpent

< SNIFF >. Ah! Smells Prussian with hints of Bavarian and just a touch of Saxe-Coburg!

ElvishPresley, DrThoth and Cuchulin like this.
  3. Threadmarks: Covert Community (part 1)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

8th March 2002
    00:32 GMT -7

Chloe accelerates the submersible towards the shoreline with nary a ripple. This really wasn’t what I wanted to do on my first journey on the Spear of Benthesikyme, but… Needs must. A man like Morgan Edge might well have been paranoid enough to have some sort of sonar built into the rocks around his private island, but that won't do anything to help against a submarine built with Atlantean technology.

I'm not sure if King Orin knows that some of the people loyal to his late brother survived their final confrontation and are still around and just doesn't care, or if he assumed that with the issue of who owns the throne resolved they all went back over to him. But as so often in these cases, his loss is my gain.

Chloe and a few of her friends were grateful to me for helping them start new lives on the surface. Not so grateful that they'd be willing to help me recreate the technology that the Atlanteans used to effortlessly see off the US Navy last year, but certainly grateful enough that they're willing to ferry me and mine around in the one vessel they still have under their control. As long as we don't get too close to Atlantis itself, which is a place I'm perfectly happy to leave well enough alone.

"Thirty metres to shore now. Full stop."

I nod and begin pulling myself up the ladder to the hatch.

"Thank you. We'll signal when we're ready for extraction."

"Understood. Good fortune."

Of course, the dangerous parts of this job should have been taken care of already. Hanging around a lot of supervillains for most of the working week has encouraged me to spend time both exercising and training, and I'm armed and armoured. But I'm fully aware that I'd be the weak link in an actual combat situation, which is why I'm leaving that to the professionals whenever possible.

I stop climbing, press the button to open the inner hatch and then climb up into the airlock. Another press closes the hatch below me, and a moment later the hatch out onto the dark, unstable, spray-blasted hull opens. I.. would.. hate to have to take a boat in this, let alone swim.

Fortunately I have a better option, courtesy of my partnership with the late Dr Knight. I unclip the Gravity Rod from my harness and press the activator stub. Immediately, a very faint golden energy field envelops me, and as I hold it aloft and hold down the flight button I'm lifted into the air.

It's not the most fun way to fly, even if my initial fear that I'd be hanging off the rod turned out to be unfounded. But it works and the energy shield keeps the worst of the wind and water off me, so I make good time to the shore. Mr Edge's mansion is surrounded by a high wall with a rather impressive electrified plasma field protecting it, but, assuming that things are going to plan-.

A figure steps out of the shade of one of the guard towers and holds up an LED torch.

... .. - ..- .- - .. --- -. --. .-. . . -.

Glad to hear it. I aim the Gravity Rod and swoop downwards, landing next to him.

Roy Harper smiles confidently as I lower the rod.

"How was your flight?"

"Brief, thankfully. Any trouble here?"

"Nothing we couldn't handle." He leads the way back into the guard tower, then onto the stairs leading to ground level. "Hey, what are you planning on doing with this place after we're done here?"

"We'll be handing Mister Edge and his associates over to the Federal Bureau of Investigation. He has no legal heir." I shrug as we begin walking up to the main house. "It's not entirely clear if anyone owns it. No government claims it, which is why he set up here in the first place. And since no government owns it, no court has the authority to determine who the rightful owner is."

"Huh. You don't want it?"

"I… Don't think so. It might be convenient for some of my employees with outstanding warrants, but.. I.. think that being on an island base might encourage them to regress."

He nods, smiling.

"Heh, yeah. It does kinda shout 'supervillain', doesn't it?"

I note the slumped and bound private security guards propped up against the exterior wall of the house. I can't see much bleeding…

"Any trouble?"

"Between me, Cheshire and Cheetah, we took them down before they knew what was happening. Cheshire even used those electrified baton things you gave her."

I look at one man with two blackening eyes and a broken jaw. Then I look back to Roy and raise my left eyebrow.

"Mostly as clubs, but hey, no one got stabbed."

We walk in through the open front door.

"There was one thing though."

"Yes?"

"When I saw how Cheetah dyed her fur I made a crack about black cats… Cheshire likes that sort of thing, but-."

"Cheetah really doesn't."

He regards me curiously.

"How'd you find that out?"

When I was kissing the fur covering her abdomen, discovered that her genetic splicing had given her supernumerary mammaries and remarked that she now had 'kitty titties', which... It turns out that they're a sore point for her.

Not… Literally, they're actually quite-.

Anyway.

"Pretty much the same way you did. One offhand comment, and-" Months of progress on improving her self-image ruined. "-she was surprisingly upset."

We proceed through the foyer and down one of the corridors. More guards are bound, but unlike outside there is visible damage. Bullet holes in the walls, blackened wood and carpet where explosives were used…

"Please tell me those were flashbangs."

"Hey, zero body count. Cheshire gets it."

I'm not entirely happy about employing an assassin anyway. Sending her on a mission like this while two months pregnant made me unhappy in an entirely different way, but… She appears to have handled it just fine. And I certainly don't want her covering her maternity leave with money earned through her primary occupation. I don't think my contacts in the FBI will be willing to talk about a pardon at this stage, but it's something to work towards.

Barbara's waiting just ahead, her right paw is twitching as she restrains her desire to lick the dye out of her fur. This is the first time she's been out as 'Cheetah' since we started working together and I think that the fighting is bringing her feline instincts to the fore. She freezes as we approach, her eyes fixing on my face. I… I've studied cheetah behaviour, but her body language is an odd combination of human and cheetah and I'm not entirely sure what that means. I can't see any wounds on her, which I'm happy about.

"…in these things, anyway?"

Cheshire's already opened the vault and is walking around the four red biohazard containers contained therein. Barbara falls in behind Roy and I as we join her and she regards me curiously.

"This is why we're here? Did Morgan get his hands on something he wasn't supposed to? The last sample of a deadly disease that was never supposed to leave the laboratory? Oh, a bio-weapon the US government doesn't want people to know about?"

"No." I raise the Gravity Rod. "Please step back."

"What-?"

She hurries aside as I press the 'energy pulse' button.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2020
  4. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Change "employed" to "employing", or maybe "having employed".

5. Flux Casey

Flux Casey The Colonel

Mrrr... Good to see you settled into QQ well, Zoat. But that second link might be a little much for the SFW side of this site? I'm not actually sure.

6. Ardy

Ardy I trust you know where the happy button is?

Okay so the clay face thing is fine and I’m always happy to learn about reform!Paul.

But cat nipples? Really? Did we really need to know that???

7. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Nice to hear from him again. Hope we stay with him for a while.

8. Otokonoko Culture

Otokonoko Culture {Unverified Trap} {Verified Cake}

This is QQ. Please be careful walking around. You'll accidentally trip over kinks.

9. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

We probably didn't but I don't see why we shouldn't know about it either.

10. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Nice to see Cheetah again.

about employed an -> about having employed an
    I figure -> A figure
    shade of on of the -> shade of the

11. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

TMI....Also my dick is confused.

Otto von Saurion and Cuchulin like this.
  12. Akshka

Akshka Wait, am I lost?

to each his/her own,
    Different strokes for different folks

On a separate note I wonder if sometime in the future the different Pauls will have their own threads or something but I am enjoying the format as is so I hope I don't sound like I am complaining

13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Furries around the world are rejoicing.

Speaking of furries, how have people reacted to Peter dating a catgirl?

Who is Chloe?
    Did she appear in the show or comics, or is she just a oc employee?

14. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Hmm... A new alternate, or is this Peter Wynn? Either way, he's badass.

'Chloe' being the new name of a former follower of Ocean Master, I take it. One who didn't take part in more unsavoury actions, I hope.

Impressive that the head of a major corporation is going all James Bond. At least he isn't going Austin Powers...

And he knows his limits. Peter's a smart boss, isn't he?

Sweeeet. One of the second-best options to an actual power ring.

Admittedly, it's a highly visible way to fly. Big golden aura's kind of obvious, especially at night....

At a guess, the Morse translates to 'All clear' or something similar.

Ah, Humour. best way to relax during a tense operation. Good to see Roy in the field. I take it he's currently Arsenal, not Speedy or Red Arrow.

Could make a useful hideaway in future.

Yeah, out here in the middle of nowhere, some of them might get Ideas. Awful, awful ideas likely to get them Righteously Face-punched by the League again.

I bet the only thing missing is a giant sculpture of the owner's face or a giant skull on whatever mountainside or cliff is handy.

Ah, she got convinced to leave the pointy things at home, eh? Batons are better for acceptable low-lethality takedowns, certainly.

Black Widow, she ain't...

Oh-ho, disagreement in the ranks? Hopefully nothing big.

I hope it washes out. I'm sure Peter enjoys the rosettes.

Detailed examinations. Usually late at night.

Oh, my. Risque, but technically nothing more than what she showed off on-screen. And she managed to make herself more catlike? I bet she wasn't entirely happy about that.:D

Ouch. I bet someone was sleeping on the couch that night...

"A little Tinnitus never hurt anyone."

Oh, my. the lady's dedicated to her work, isn't she? Little Lian's gonna be a badass with those genes.

Ooh, awkward. Lots of sweet talking and making up ahead, Peter.

Please don't poke the happy-fun death-goo.

Whatever it is, it's about to stop existing either way.

One way to dispose of...Whatever it was.

Ah, back to Earth-12 and the DCAU alternate. And it's good to see 'Peter' getting involved in things after losing his Ring. I assume Batman never gave the real thing back.

15. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

16. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He still has his ring.
    Bat's took it in 2005, the year is 2002 in this chapter.

17. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Not disposing of it....my memory is a little fuzzy but the island in the middle of nowhere with a few barrels of mystery goo, in the earth-12 DCAU is screaming Clayface to me. The Injustice Gang forming started out similarly, but looks like 'peter' is short circuiting that one even without Meta-Knowledge.

This is a Job interview / Jail Break.

EDIT:

Oh, and the Morse translates to 'SITUATIONGREEN'

A bit of an odd pick for a code, police / military tend tends to abbreviate or use codes for such statements. Nice to see that Peter picked up reading it.

DrThoth, Chojin Patriarch and Ardy like this.
  18. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    She goes around naked in the animated series.
    Yes. Things like that help you understand how alienated from her own body she feels, something that this version of the SI doesn't understand at all.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Neither of them are all that well known, globally. Other employees know that she's an altered human trying to turn herself back.
    She would have been a minor background character if she was on screen at all.

19. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

I have no idea who this guy is or why they are on his island. Oh well.

I assume interdimensional tuning fork vaccum will show up soon?

DrThoth and Cuchulin like this.
  20. Mr Zoat

This is the Earth 12 version of the SI.

21. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Hey, Mr Zoat - just curious, but with all of the sudden interludes from alternate realities, are we nearing the endgame for the SI or does the story have a long way to go?

Not asking for spoilers or anything, just curious about a general timeline.

22. Cherico

Cherico Connoisseur.

Im just thankful this story is continuing.

23. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Slayer this story is going to continue for years to come, we'll unless Zoat dies, but I am sure his spirit will continue writing stories for God, or Hades if he decides to emulate his SI.

24. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

We seem to be nearing the Crisis of Infinite Pauls. However, considering that Season 2 of the show hasn't even begun, and the mystery of what happened to John Constantine remains in the air? I suspect we have a way to go.

Speaking of John: How's he doing on the Renegade side?

25. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

I'm more thankful we're off the Nazi stuff for a while.

It's not the chapters. It's the commentators.

Given the Armenian Genocide, the mass murders the various Communist groups, and the horrible behavour of a bunch of religous groups, I'm over all this "Nazi" stuff.

Yes, they were monsters. Why are you all obssesing over them? There's been worse, before, and since.

Just enjoy the fic, would you? Lean back, and think of Themyscira, would you?

26. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

I'm sure the worlds weebs will find out and demand genetically engineered catgirls when Reddit becomes a thing

BBJimmy, Alexandercctv, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  27. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

According to Morrison's Seven Soldiers, there are people with superhero fetishes who'll risk death to get powers (cf Bulleteer's origin story). Stands to reason that also applies to supervillains.

I imagine there are people who get the serum or Ray gun or whatever, use it, get powers, and then go "okay, now what?"

And then some of them become Twitch streamers.

28. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

If real life serial killer can get groupies why not Super Villains? I mean it's been established that in a number of Universes the FRAKING JOKER has fanboys and fangirls!!

Alexandercctv, Simonbob and Darko like this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ah people, admiring great men like Tesla, Lincoln and let us not forget Ted Bundy.
    Yes I can see people admiring supervillains.

30. david

david Getting sticky.

I have to say, it's hard enough to keep the different universes separate without them being time-shifted like Earth-12 is. I get that it needs to correlate to when the show aired or things get a bit weird, but for a story where every part has an exact time, the timeline is a lot harder to follow than it should be.

True Ninja, DrThoth and Prince Charon like this.