1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Haha, nice.

Instead of going to get dragged into an argument about ecology vs economy he is all "Not our job"

2. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

should be 'caused by' rather then 'caused my'

3. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

I remember reading a book where the heroine was actually trying to get herself killed, but not managing it. She wondered how many heroes of the past where actually unsuccessful suicides like her.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  4. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

I'll only point out, loggers don't clear fell.

With the only exception being plantations.

There's no value to logs under a certain age, you can't get any wood from them, so loggers will only take the oldest trees, usualy about 1 in 10, once per year, in any given section of forest, then won't be back to that section for 10 years or more.

Clear felling is almost always to set up farmland.

5. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Oh, that's going to bite you in the ass, isn't it? Admittedly, I doubt they had any significant part to play. At most, they're corrupt and a little slapdash about safety and environmental impact...

And cut into their profits? That sort of thing costs money, amigo.

So more likely something mundane, or at least a local metahuman. And good idea putting Overgirl on overwatch.:V Let her observe without havign to talk to the people and discover she has the power to swallow her own foot.

Let's hope he wasn't promoted following the Peter Principle, where people rise to their level of incompetence...

Accurate and funny. Nice way to soothe any worries.

Admittedly, what sort of threat could anyone have set a trap for? They'd have no way of knowing who turned up...

And thus the path you're least likely to follow at all. Honestly, I bet none of the people in charge understand how superheroes think...

Like i said, any trap would be dependent on knowing who'd show up. Imagine if they'd prepared for, say, Fire, and Superman turned up.

Hmm... So many clues, so little idea of what could be responsible...

I guess they have issues with people taking sneaky breaks, eh? Or Skiving off to the local pub for a long lunch. Those sort probably don't last long.

Note nothing said about respecting their territory. Ugh...

And the worst part is that he sees nothing wrong with 'complaints'. It's just business as usual...

Again, that shit costs money, Senor. How are their executives supposed to earn their annual bonuses if they're wasting money on things like that?;)

So this is just a distraction? Interesting theory...

Stumbling onto some ancient burial ground or something? Pissing off some fey folk?

But then, unless there was a big light show, how could he know anyway?

In other words, "It'll be done when it's done."

Wow, yeah, that would be significant all right. If the local treefolk take exception to being cut down, I could see them begin angry about it. But they would not be so subtle as to focus on tools alone.

Nice, I bet the guy was expecting an argument about ecology. I'd be surprised if Raquel hasn't been plotting out one in her head...

Time to call in Euanthe, eh? Get planting!

So the investigation begins. Let's hope all goes quietly, unlike the last one... That one brought in at least one new Team member and quite a bit of property damage. And now for some reason I'm thinking of Black Orchid...

6. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Eh, i'd say it depends on what you mean by "anti-science" as in some ways they weren't so much Anti-Science as pro-pseudo science (at least by modern standards) as weird crap like Welteislehre had some support with in the party from people like Himmler and even the Hitler him self.

fappingtoyourpost and Chaoswind like this.
  7. varoksa

varoksa Getting sticky.

I have been thinking on why i find normal OL so dull and its because he seems like a budget Dr Manhatten to me, nearly emotionless, overly powerful, some both able to navigate all situations with ease yet coming off as completely socially inept. Grayven on the other hand feels so much more real because hes deeply flawed and constantly has to overcome situations often brought upon him by his own hubris, while on the other hand OL has situations brought upon him by external factors and he can even die and just come off as a bit "miffed".

8. Imperator Pax

Imperator Pax Talon Master

Mr. Souza you are never too far from drunks. Especially in Brasil.

Also back during the nineties there were several enviromental protests that involved destroying engines in construction vehivles ( though that didn't involve literally ripping them apart, rather than pouring the wrong chemicals into the engines, I forget what they used exactly but it was common enough knowledge)

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I am getting some Scooby Doo vibes from this episode.
    Sigh, if only they brought Wolf with them.

10. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

Now I wonder if there is any version of him that walks around naked.

11. theaceoffire

theaceoffire Versed in the lewd.

This word is probably supposed to be 'By', I think.

12. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Yes, Sybarite. He had a couple of segments a while ago, remember?

13. Sharp Card

Sharp Card Getting out there.

Not even close. UK infant mortality in the interwar period was around 6%, I doubt Germany was much higher.

That's what experimenting on "undesirables" is for.

Why would they bother? They'll just take a few bits of choice land when they want it and ignore the rest. Africa is really huge, Sudan alone is the size of Germany, France, Poland, Italy and the UK combined
    As long as the native population stays out of the way where they don't have to deal with them they aren't going to care too much.
    Maybe after a while they might start doing some sterilization here and there as they move inwards and take more land, but that'll be decades later.

DAT_NOOB, Simonbob, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  14. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

Hang on, I think I have a relevant video;

wizmaster, Vorian, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  15. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Personally, I'm going to Unwatch the thread when that starts, and occasionally check the table of contents to see when it's over, and to look for Paragon or other non-pony supplements.

Cuchulin likes this.
  16. Mastigos2

Mastigos2 Versed in the lewd.

Amusing thought occurred to me: any other hero who is in the middle of dealing with a small but urgent issue (ex. ticking timebombs hidden in a building) and then finds out about a large urgent issue (ex. Demon lord being trying to burn down the city) has a problem on their hands.

For OL though it's avaricious power spiral as he wants to be able to deal with both issues. And the more he wants it, the more powerful he is, thus closer to successfully able to do both, thus wanting it even more because he's so close.

Ngamer11, Simonbob, Navi-Hank and 3 others like this.
  17. BartlettMagic

BartlettMagic peekaboo, you fucks you!

is it just me or is it a really bad idea to bring Euanthe in on this? Like she'll see the clear cutting, go nuts, and need to be dealt with? I really love her and the whole "Swamp Thing/Green/Themyscira/Hellenism" connection, as those are some of my favorite aspects of this universe, and I just don't want anything bad to happen to her.

zerofarad, Vorian, Simonbob and 6 others like this.
  18. Mr Zoat

The SI wants to have the option to call her. He isn't going to do it the very moment he touches down. He'd also like to have the option to present the authorities with a fait accompli if it felt it necessary.

19. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

"Good news everyone! These Dryads are going to be taking over your job of harvesting trees."

Several very attractive female tree spirits walk on stage.

"Now now I didn't say you were all being let go. You're all still employed by our company, it's just your job focus has changed. This will not effect your pay or benefits."

"Then what are we going to be doing?"

"Your jobs now are to milk the Dryads for their sap as we're breaking into the breakfast syrup industry."

A few of the dryads playfully grope their voluptuous breasts.

20. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

I have no interest in it whatsoever, in addition to honestly not seeing any appeal in MLP. But whatever Zoat needs to keep himself invested and enjoying his writing.

Prince Charon, Ardy, Osserumb and 2 others like this.
  21. Someguy Somewhere

As much as I enjoy the visual, and the fact that's one of the more QQ things to show up in this thread in a while (I can already see the tag line 'Got Wood?' for selling it to the loggers), I feel the livelihood of my fellow Canadians threatened by such a economic stab at our maple production, and will request equally busty Wendigos support. :D

On a (very) slightly more serious tone, I'm still kinda shocked along with OL about Brazil suspecting Wendigos of all things....I'm a bit rare in the fact that I did actually hear the odd myth about them growing up around here. Aside from the Marvel villains that have used the term (most of which have been Hulk / Wolverine / Alpha Flight baddies, and are generally 'anyone in the far north that eats human flesh is cursed to become one' sorta thing) you don't hear of them often even in fiction. The Skinwalker from Dresden files description comes to mind, or maybe Shadowrun's version as a specific metahuman infected with a specific strain of HMHVV begets something resembling the same.

Ngamer11, Lord Ernest, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  22. Mr Zoat

Wendigo milk would essentially be human milk if they weren't in their transformed state, and probably something fairly repugnant if they were in their transformed state. Assuming they were willing to be milked.

Bramble Thorn, Ngamer11, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  23. Simonbob

........ Bondage Wendigos?

Lucky we're on QQ. This is getting silly.

24. Mr Zoat

Breast pump wendigos.

25. Simonbob

You did mention "willing".

Being that my mind is a little lower than the street, that popped something QQ-esk into my head.

26. Mr Zoat

Restraining and forcibly milking an unwilling supercannibal isn't 'bondage', it's 'sexual assault'. Also, 'insanely dangerous'.

27. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

Excuse me while I add this to the Questionable Quotes thread...

28. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

overweight, one word.

29. Someguy Somewhere

Beats talking about Nazi's.

Cuchulin and Lord Ernest like this.
  30. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Since they're older than twenty years, Nazis.