1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Planeshunter, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Jubjub3000

Jubjub3000 Versed in the lewd.

Otto von Saurion and Fonteius like this.
  2. Arbitbit39

Arbitbit39 I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X][Boot Lady] Recruit.

for some reason I can imagine her dragging boot lady around with the kids and when a sensitve person or anyone that can see her she'll

[​IMG]

3. MrMig

MrMig Making the rounds.

[X][Boot Lady] Recruit

I have a question, is Weaver a normal hollow or is she already an adjuchas I think it was left unclear.

Rock_on_5002 likes this.
  4. Jubjub3000

I'm guessing she's a unique hollow, like ulquiorra or something like that (aren't there sometimes deviant hollow that deviat from standard rules)

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  5. Fonteius

Fonteius [Empty Title]

Really hope we are at a point in time when Jackie wasn't recruited by creepy book guy. I really liked her character in the story, even if the entire arc was one of the worst, and pretty much worse than filler. Besides the origin of her powers is Hollow in nature, and now Karin and Yuzu are traveling with a Hollow, and considering Taylor evolution is special, I hope we get to see how things develop for all of them later.

I also love the fact that Taylor is forming her own acquaintances and friends, and from people not included in the Canon MC group, and if Taylor develops as expected she is going for Vasto Lorde on the same type (if not scale or power) as Hollows like Starrk, Ulquiorra or Barragan, all unique with rare evolution and powers. And considering the fact that Taylor hasn't really noticed ANY presence of the souls she devours and that pretty much all Hollows are in a constant fight against other souls taking their body, it means that we may be dealing with a QAylor after all, and seeing how Hollows develop some of the most bullshit powers in Bleach, Taylor could potentially be scarier than Aizen once she develops further.

[X][Boot Lady] Recruit.

6. Planeshunter

Planeshunter [Verified Slimegirl Whisperer]

Weaver is a Baseline Hollow, according to her Character Sheet. That I'm editing right now, cant believe I forgot to update her name.

7. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Getting out there.

[X][Boot Lady] Harsh Lesson.

8. bobbya1

bobbya1 Not too sore, are you?

[X][Boot Lady] Recruit.

9. ilmncsm

ilmncsm Not too sore, are you?

[X][Boot Lady] Recruit.

Glad I found this, I'm definitely enjoying what I see so far. Fewer people are writing bleach works these days.

Planeshunter likes this.
  10. Rock_on_5002

Rock_on_5002 Making the rounds.

[X][Boot Lady] Recruit.

But let it be known in no unclear terms that you are in the middle of being guard caterpillar to two young girls.
    If she starts throwing around reishi again and endangers them more than they are already being spiritually powerful during this swarm of hollows then she better be ready to take another nap.

11. CatOnFire

CatOnFire Magically Malicious

Have I been blocked or something? Because this is the second time I voted in 'Skittering Hollow' and was not on the tally. One of the counted votes literally quoted my post word for word.

[X] [Boot Lady] RECRUIT
    With a Bug Type and a Boot Type on the team we'd only need a Sword Type and a Bow Type to complete the spiritual set.

That is if you don't count the much rarer Hell, Vampire or Pill Types.

Edit: Syntax correction

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020
  12. zephyriphoenix

zephyriphoenix Getting out there.

I'm pretty sure your votes are using the wrong syntax. with just a quick look and not much experience in the vote system it looks like you are using [x ] instead of [X ] and in the current vote you used "RECRUIT" rather than"[Boot Lady] Recruit." so if your vote is counted it wont be part of the main tally. The tally systems are very finicky. That said:

[X][Boot Lady] Abandon.

While I am all for helping people I see no reason to risk my life attempting to save someone that wishes to end my life. Stopping a fight and then trying to reconcile? Gets my vote easily. Doing so again when slowing down to try to convince someone belligerent might mean we don't rescue someone who (presumably) isn't trying to kill us? NO. Of course I would say remove the webbing and leave her just unconscious not bound. That could be done while walking away and greatly increases her chance of survival since it doesnt seem like the poison kept her too firmly unconscious.

13. OldClueless

OldClueless Not too sore, are you?

[X][Boot Lady] Abandon

14. Planeshunter

It's most likely the format you're using to vote that's screwing you. The [X] part needs an 'X' inside (the letter) so the recounting program considers it a valid vote and uses it. The [Bood Lady] part indicates the category inside the vote, even if you skip it, it'll be a valid vote, but it won't be grouped with the others.

When in doubt, just copy-paste from the options I usually include at the end of the chapter.

Otto von Saurion and Jubjub3000 like this.
  15. Shaper47

Shaper47 Versed in the lewd.

If we get stabbed in the back which we will if we Recruit there we be no one to look after the girls. Think of the children and eat the Boot Lady

daimahou likes this.
  16. Planeshunter

Alright, ladies and gents, votes are now closed!

And this time's winner is...

[X][Boot Lady] Recruit.

Vote Tally : Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm) | Page 12 | Questionable Questing [Posts: 361-375]
    ##### NetTally 2.2.3
    Task: Boot Lady
    [X][Boot Lady] Recruit.
    No. of Votes: 8
    [X] Jubjub3000
    [X] Arbitbit39
    [X] bobbya1
    [X] CatOnFire
    [X] Fonteius
    [X] ilmncsm
    [X] MrMig
    [X] Rock_on_5002
    [X][Boot Lady] Abandon.
    No. of Votes: 2
    [X] zephyriphoenix
    [X] OldClueless
    No. of Votes: 2
    [X] Ratatoskr
    [X] Shaper47

Total No. of Voters: 12

17. Threadmarks: Larva 1.21 - Talk no Jutsu.
    Planeshunter

I really need to sleep more, hopefully my sleep deprivation won’t hurt the chapter too much.

… Sometimes I wish I was enough of a douche to just kick Boot-lady to the curb. That would make the rest of the day easier. But we’ve already established my ownership of a bleeding heart that one day will have me killed, and at least Boot-lady’s intentions were good, even if she needs to work a bit on her listening skills. Ah, I can already feel the migraine setting in. Let’s hope this works, the kids could use someone else keeping an eye on them.

I’d probably have to approach this from a different angle too. Being polite didn’t work all that well, so I guess it’s time to be scary. That’s right, Boot-lady! No more Miss Weaver the Nice Caterpillar for you!

Right as I’m about to wake her up again, though, I hesitate, a sudden flash of… something crossing my mind. Of intimidation, of trying to build a cred, of taking things too far, of being feared by those you’re trying to protect, and the ultimate consequences of that.

... wow. Shit. Was that a flashback? I think it was a flashback.

What the heck is wrong with my past life, that everything I can remember of it are confusing blurs of regret and trauma? No, seriously, what the fuck, past me? Why can’t I remember fairies and kitties?

Anyway, I really should give a word of warning to the twins. So they don’t freak out or anything. Then I smack away an idiot who thought itself clever, trying to sneak on me while I’m distracted. Whatever.

“Alright kids, I’m giving this Talk-no-jutsu thing another try. It leaves a bad aftertaste to just abandon Boot-lady like this.” Yuzu smiles in relief, but Karin actually frowns a bit, clearly of two minds about my choice. I knew there was a reason I like the kid. “But since being polite didn’t work, I’ll be a bit more… assertive.”

“Are… are you going to hurt her?” That’s Yuzu, in case you can’t tell.

“Hurt? Goodie, no.” I wave a stumpy forehead in front of my face. “But I’ll try to give her a good scare. And I’m pretty good at being scary, so I wanted to give you kids a heads up.”

I wasn’t too sure about this plan before the sorta-flashback, but now I have a certain idea of how scary I can really be when I try. The answer is ‘a lot’ for some reason. So I stand in front of Boot-lady, nodding gratefully at Karin when she turns her sister around and distracts her with some light chat. And take a deep breath.

What do I have going for me? A body the size of a big-ish dog, stubby legs and a juicy fat ass. Doesn’t sound like much. I also have my mastery manipulating threads (weaving doesn’t count, shut up), a jumpscare-worthy face-mask with glowing red eyes and a gorgeous and freely manipulable mane of poisonous, red-tipped hair.

Yeah, I can work with that.

A brief exercise of Disparo Demora has me relocated at a height where I can comfortably look down at Boot-lady, smart positioning means I can cast shadows all through my face with just a tilt and lastly, I spread my gorgeous mane all around myself, fiery red tips all aimed at Boot-lady’s face.

Perfect. If this doesn’t intimidate her, nothing will.

She doesn’t react to me gagging her, but starts awake fast enough when I prick her, expression quickly going from confused to surprised to wariness.

“I consider myself a pretty laid back caterpillar.” I start my routine with my best fake cheerfulness. “Fun loving and willing to let bygones be bygones.”

That’s when she tries to retort, and discovers the gag. And her expression turns indignant. Well, sucks to be you, Boot-lady. The gag stays there.

“That said, I don’t appreciate being attacked out of nowhere, being baselessly insulted or having my good intentions thrown back at my face.” As I talk, my pitch lowers, but I pay care to never get louder. Portraying control is a delicate art, and there’s no place on it for hysterics. “I also really don’t appreciate someone making a reishi lighthouse impersonation around my charges when the town is being overrun by Hollow.”

Around that point is where her indignant expression turns cowed. She’s finally realizing how badly she screwed up. Good.

“So this is how this is going to work. I’m going to remove the gag and we’re going to have an actual proper conversation like adults are supposed to do, and if you try anything that can be even remotely misconstrued as threatening to me or the kids,” Then I tilt my head, letting the shadows cover my mask for extra effect. “I’m going to feed you your own fucking eyes. Savvy?”

She has the balls to frown and try to stare me down, but I have a bone mask for a face that doesn’t come with eyelids, so that’s kind of a lost battle for her. Another idiot tries to jump on us, but it trips on one of my traps and dies an ignoble death in the sidelines. In the end, Boot-lady looks away first, nodding with a mulish expression.

I allow myself to relax a bit, and let out a long drawn sigh in the privacy of my own mind. Okay, okay. If this doesn’t drive my point home, I don’t know what will. Good job, me.

I remove the gag. No, I don’t do it with a vindictively harsh pull, because I’m not a vindictive caterpillar. Any involved harshness is purely accidental. And less than she deserves, anyway.

“Alright then. I’m going to release you and you’ll be free to scram and never look back. But if you’re actually serious about helping the kids, I could use another pair of eyes, so you’re welcome to join us.”

Jumping down from my improvised platform I munch on the threads to release her. There’s a bit of a tense moment when she’s freed and obviously considers going back on her word (or nod, whatever), but in the end she opts for stretching her limbs, very tellingly not taking a single step away, but also keeping me on sight the whole time. I shrug, I can work with stoic people. As long as they listen.

“As you can see if you bother to actually look, I’m keeping these two out of trouble. Because, you know, there’s a whole herd… pride… murder? A shitload of feral Hollow rampaging around and they are prime targets, that with being spiritually strong and all. Even if they don’t have literal asskicking powers like you.” The twins notice we’re not fighting anymore, and get closer. We should probably introduce ourselves, right? “Name’s Weaver by the way, the kids are Karin and Yuzu.”

They both nod as I say their name, but Boot-lady is busy looking at me oddly for some reason. It’s making me feel really self-conscious.

“Well?” I ask, to break the awkward silence. “Do you have a name or should I keep calling you Boot-lady?”

That finally seems to snap her out of whatever’s going through her mind. “Jackie, Jackie Tristan. A Fullbringer.”

If I had eyelids, that statement would’ve made me blink. Instead, I just deadpan at her. I’m very good at deadpan. “I have no idea what that means. But I’m sure you can explain along the way. We’re looking for their even stronger spiritually big brother. And I’m riding your shoulder, running on stubby legs is a pain.”

Before she can protest, I’ve already jumped into her shoulder. It’s a bit of a tight fit, but she’s strong enough to bear with me. In the end, she shrugs and we resume our search, while she tells me about spiritually strong humans, attachment to mundane items and the strange conceptual powers derived from that combination. It’s truly fascinating.

You have successfully intimidated into submission negotiated an alliance with Jakie Tristan, the Boot-lady! Your main objective remains finding the twins’ ‘Ichi-nii’ before a Hollow gobbles him up, but what are your plans for your new ally?

Temporary.
    The circumstances brought you together and you’ll walk your own separate paths once they change. You’ll work together to survive the current incident, but that’s it. No need to go out of your way to keep her around.
    Bodyguard. You are a Hollow and, despite your idiot brethren beliefs, your place is in Hueco Mundo. Where the Oblivion pull is at the weakest, and the Hollow Moon shines brightly. The twins could use someone keeping an eye on them once you leave. Maybe you can talk the Boot-lady into doing that for you?
    Teacher. You are a Hollow and, despite your idiot brethren beliefs, your place is in Hueco Mundo. Where the Oblivion pull is at the weakest, and the Hollow Moon shines brightly. The twins will have to learn how to fend for themselves once you leave. Maybe you can talk the Boot-lady into doing that for you?
    Friend. You are a Hollow and, despite your idiot brethren beliefs, your place is in Hueco Mundo. Where the Oblivion pull is at the weakest, and the Hollow Moon shines brightly. From your conversation with them, you can tell the twins don’t really have any friends outside their family and it sits a bit wrong with you to abandon them. Maybe you can guilt the Boot-lady into befriending them?

[X][Boot-lady] Temporary.
    [X][Boot-lady] Bodyguard.
    [X][Boot-lady] Teacher.
    [X][Boot-lady] Friend.

So I might draw inspiration from a certain Unawarely Competent spider, but Weaver isn’t Shiraori. Even if she can barely remember anything of her past life, certain regrets and traumas will muscle their way to the forefront with the right triggers. As fun as it would’ve been for her to scare the living shit out of everyone there while thinking herself hopelessly unintimidating, it just couldn’t be.
    The shoulder loli thing was… actually completely accidental, it just happened.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
  18. Scottyzelsnyder

Scottyzelsnyder Not too sore, are you?

I managed to find and go through this story the other day and it's fantastic.
    I hope you catch up on sleep. :p

!Renzie0 and Planeshunter like this.
  19. Planeshunter

I should probably mention the options I give are usually from Weaver's perspective. What she plans on doing and how she expects it to go. Execution may play out differently as things outside her control and/or knowledge come into play. I... think that's happened before, at some point? If so, nobody said anything back then, so I'm doing it now.

20. redaeth

redaeth Stubborn pedantrist

[X][Boot-lady] Teacher.

21. Demetric

Demetric Know what you're doing yet?

She obviously showed a protective air towards the kids. If we phrase this right, she’d probably take to it like her own idea. Besides, no point in asking her to be a friend or teacher when they can make their own relationships.

22. PandaVenom

PandaVenom Not too sore, are you?

23. Jubjub3000

[X][Boot-lady] Teacher.

So, the shoulder loli has made its first claim!

And why can't she teach them and also keep a watch to make sure they don't fight something they can't handle...

24. zarabg

zarabg I trust you know where the happy button is?

Taylor was a unreliable narrator, it would had still been funny that she didnt knew she was super intimidating. This still just as great, less funny, but the shoulder loli is best loli so keep it up! :D

Also when Taylor evolves she should remain tiny, because reasons, explanations and facts of whys inserted here. Also the fact she for some reason accepts the fact her boobs are small, but plays at being jealous of those who have beach ball sized breasts and wondering what the heck is in the water in japan, and if she can drink it straight from the tap, for reasons of course.

25. MrMig

MrMig Making the rounds.

[X][Boot-lady] Teacher.

26. Bloodalchemy

Bloodalchemy Versed in the lewd.

27. werdzerg13

werdzerg13 Versed in the lewd.

[X][Boot-lady] Teacher.

28. Naddakka741

Naddakka741 Making the rounds.