1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Oh Grayven you should know better not to tempt fate.

2. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Change "taking" to "talking".

Change "need" to "needed".

Change "bring" to "bringing".

Should that be ""into an example of the"?

3. Enochi

Enochi Having way to much fun with AI.

Huh. Well this is interesting. I'm super excited about this arc. I hope it is a nice long one.

4. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Epic facepalm time

"My first instinct was to kidnap her"

It's kind of adorable how scared Sunset is of disappointing Grayven but also kinda sad. She really never had a friend before, huh?

Calling it now: Celestia noticed something is up, finds Grayven and the two fight.

Also, Twilight is adorkable.

"I just changed bodies but who cares! Science!"

5. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

"Than" I'm going to assume.

Annnnd that's my contribution.

I'm out.

6. Irked

Irked Experienced.

7. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

Alexandercctv, Chirox, Ardy and 10 others like this.
  8. oct9010

oct9010 .

She really has adapted to human norms, if handling something that has recently been in someone else's mouth is a problem for her.

9. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

How old is Twilight Sparkle here? When does canon happen, relatively speaking?

10. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Saliva might not be a thing with cartoon horses. They have bigger mouths

11. Irked

Irked Experienced.

Huh, you know i question why Celestia is worried about Sunset reading the books but see's no issues in having a goddamn librarian for the restricted section.

I mean she literally had an open book on her desk while she was sleeping, i'd say there's pretty damn good odds that that random librarian knows more dark magic than most BBEG's at this point.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  12. oct9010

oct9010 .

Wait, the whole room is labeled Dark Magic and the thing Sunset had to break into it to find was "Canterlot Castle: A History"? Celestia really does lock up innocuous information.

13. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

14. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Right? I've been excited for this DLC since Zoat said it was being released this week.

15. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

I think part of the multiverse confusion with Grayven is that at the beginning it was never really meant to be its own universe? It was just supposed to be an essentially non-canon, "What if Paul had a really bad day before arriving on Earth 16?"

With the changes being because he was in a shitty mood when he got the power ring fueled by greed and avarice, so it naturally brought his aggression to the fore.

Then the Renegade snippets more or less took on a life of their own and became something more.

Also . . . That image . . . Whew. I forgot how cute Sci-Twi was. Glasses girls are, as always, my biggest weakness. I would not be able to resist the urge to flirt.

16. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

*Sigh*

And so it begins.

Seriously, QQ doesn't do timestamps? What the hell...

3:24.

17. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

The ponies are upon us... This is going to be a nobel experience as I don't know shit about the pony stuff beyond what Zoat has written and the occasional YouTube thumbnail.

Navi-Hank, DAT_NOOB and Cuchulin like this.
  18. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

You need to copy the timestamp link.

19. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

IT BEGINS! :D

Oh, yes... Let the hilarity ensue!

<Grabs Malteasers> This gonna be gud.

This gonna be very gud...

So far, so simple...

This is going to be one of those stories, isn't it?:V

I don't think she's in the mood for fatherly reassurance...

Good point, good point... But... That's not what he meant.

:sneaky:All right. How much of Canterlot Castle is on fire?

And Grayven's doing the nose-pinch emote. Something like that should not be left unsaid for a year!

Yeah, not the kind of book you want to play around with. Was it named the "Necroponynomicon?":p

...That you're sure of?

I do hope she didn't break too many bones...

Okay, that explains the desire to look for her old stuff...

<Double Facepalm> That doesn't even begin to explain just how the heck you managed to kidnap Twilight-fricking-Sparkle!

Hopefully she won't be too traumatised by all this... At a guess, she hasn't gone to Ponyville yet.

I think Celestia would like to have words about your choice of reading, Sunset...

I don't know how Grayven hasn't started heading the wall yet. I know I would be.

...That's a good point.

Also a good point. But kidnapping should not be your first go-to!

Ah, your optimism is stirring, Grayven. But we all know things aren't going to go that easily.

Cue panicked screaming in three... two...

Ew. And telling about her adaption to human form, as @oct9101 noted.

Huh, no panic. Just endless curiosity. That's Twilight Sparkle summed up in a single line.

And a sensible - if short - answer to Twilight's question. I think they're going to get on well.

Liklihood of that going well: low. Murphy's spinning up the old 'potential mishap' minigun as we speak.

And whenif he gets back, they'll be in the Thaumaturgy lab committing cruel and unusual acts of Science!!

Murphy: Screw the minigun, I'm busting out the mishap nuke for this one!

And so 'Grayven's adventures in Ponyworld' begins! Place your bets now on how badly FiM Canon will get mangled by the time this is all done!

Godspeech:
    Corrections:
    This version is asking for e-mail to access. change of URL or host might be a good idea.
    I realise that this is a very unpleasant situation for you...
    I reach forward and...
    "My name is Grayven...
    ...into an example of the...

20. useless101

useless101 Doing Nothing, Nothing Doing.

Celestia: "Fiend! What have you done with my apprentice?"

Graven *Stumbling around trying to get used to having knees made of ankles* : "I didn't-" *Sound of grey pony face slamming into the ground*

Celestia: "Do not toy with me, I can feel the hatred of all life within you. You will not deceive me with pratfalls."

Graven: "Very well, let's pretend that didn't happen." *Attempts to stand. Only makes wiggling gestures with his legs instead.* "This also did not happen."

Celestia: "Well at least this is less annoying than dealing with Discord."

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  21. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

How does Twilight know how to operate her now human mouth and make understandable pony language sounds with it? Even with vocal chords, they would have very distinct and different languages adapted to different species.

Navi-Hank and DAT_NOOB like this.
  22. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

23. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

Grayven has an Orange ring and Sunset is probably remembering the time she did the same thing.

24. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

Me:Slogs through Paul chapters with no real interest.

A fabled Gravy chapter appears.

Also me: Yes!

25. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Wonder how Gray would do against Celestia if the two fight.
    She can move a sun and a moon with her power and while he is a fairly powerful New God i am not sure if he could win if the fight is more throwing around magic and energy and not more spiritual like when he fought Grayven 50 influence on Thanagar

DAT_NOOB and Cuchulin like this.
  26. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

And thus Grayven began a long string of well deserved suffering and humiliation.

Unless Zoat nerfed Celestia rather heavily it would be a curbstomp of epic proportions.

27. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

I have never been hyped for anything related to my little pony...

until now.

28. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

First! Politics!

Eh, decades ago. However, I saw and interview with a lady who was accused of this, and she just replied with "When I see an abused kid, I act reguardless of the race.", so I'm somewhat sceptical.

A friend of my parents was a Doctor, spent some time donating his expertise in Aborigonal comunities, where he saw some real horrors. Often, kids remained in terrible danger of more abuse because, after the "Stolen Generation" stuff, they weren't allowed to take them from family.

I'm not enough of an expert to say what happened back then. I've just seen enough to make me wonder.

29. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Uh, you know Celestia isn't actually that strong, right?

Like, every fucking time she's ever been shown to be in a fight she performs extremely poorly. Her ability to move the Sun and the Moon has nothing to do with her actual power.

Regular ass ponies can do the same thing with as little as 12 unicorns. The only difference was that most of those unicorns would lose their magic. Celestia and Luna felt revitalized when moving the Sun and the Moon.

It's really more a function of their special talent than it is an indicator of raw power.

Not that I necessarily think she's weak, but I certainly don't think she's hot shit. Because let's face it, if she was half as strong as some of the crazier fanboys think she is? The alternate timelines Starlight created wouldn't have come to pass.

30. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Depends on how Zoat writes her. As per canon? Sure, but I've seen some