1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Both SV and SB seem to be down.

Discussion in 'General' started by OSRfanatic1, Feb 7, 2020.

1. OSRfanatic1

OSRfanatic1 ...Meh

Both SV and SB seem to be down. I don't now if this is the right thread for this though. If it is not can a mod switch this post to the correct thread? Please and thank you if true.

I get a Error 522 message when i try to open either SB or SV. I wonder what happened?

Acolyte and Ddmkm122 like this.
  2. Radek

Radek Promethean

If both fall apart at the same time, chances are Cloudflare did something ruinous. All we can do is wait and hope.

Daonexus and Ddmkm122 like this.
  3. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Aaaand it's back up now.

4. Nerx

Nerx HOORNGH!

I guess we got protected by the Lewd

LuxStella, Kinestic and Ddmkm122 like this.
  5. OSRfanatic1

OSRfanatic1 ...Meh

The server for SB an SV are down for people that don't know already.

6. LordWarlock

LordWarlock Not too sore, are you?

And this time it wasn't cloudfare but FIRE that was the problem :D

MHLord, the meep, sstabeler and 4 others like this.
  7. Nerx

Nerx HOORNGH!

All bless the Lewd

8. Soulcore

Soulcore A sad cat.

9. Mana_Knight_Jorin

Mana_Knight_Jorin The Mana Knight

I heard that their server caught fire, and exploded. Twice! Now they have to start all over from the beginning again.

10. Firehawk242

Firehawk242 Not too sore, are you?

Nah. Server's data center lost power, spun up their backup generator. THAT caught fire, caused some sort of electrical fault. Fire department cut all power, put out fire. This may have caused water damage to the servers that SB and SV use. We're not sure yet. SV at least is looking into new hardware already, and should be up soon, maybe tomorrow. SB may or may not be doing the same thing. In both cases, they have off-site backups, and will lose no more than half an hour or so of content.

MHLord, Daonexus, sstabeler and 2 others like this.
  11. Mana_Knight_Jorin

Mana_Knight_Jorin The Mana Knight

Oh. Well, that's a huge relief. I was afraid all those fics were completely lost.

Daonexus and caffeine like this.
  12. Firehawk242

Firehawk242 Not too sore, are you?

SB is very old, and SV uses the same guy for tech support (which is why they share a data center). SB learned to have backups the hard way before a not-insignificant chunk of its userbase was even born, and SV benefited from that institutional knowledge.

MHLord, Daonexus, Candesce and 2 others like this.
  13. OSRfanatic1

OSRfanatic1 ...Meh

what you just quoted is from last year.

Daonexus likes this.