1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Image Uploading Complication

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bugs' started by Renko, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Renko

Renko Look closer ~☆

It seems sometimes I encounter some problems when it comes to linking certain images to this site.

When seen in edit and preview, the images are showing up fine.

But once posted, they became broken links!

Any of the Admins or the Mods here can tell me why is that?

Is there like an image size restriction that prevents them from showing up properly?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

edit: It seems in my haste to find answers for my predicament, I failed to notice that I posted this in the wrong section. Would I appreciate if this thread can be move to the appropiate place.

:confused:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
    Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. alethiophile

alethiophile Shadowed Philosopher Administrator

Do you have an example of an image that has this problem?

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. HypoSoc

HypoSoc The mind is such a fragile plaything.

It is easily reproducible with gifs of large enough size. Things look fine locally in the edit window because of (I assume) browser caching.

But it seems to have other causes as well, associated with some websites. I don't know about the specific causes.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. tehelgee

tehelgee The stern gaze of justice. Administrator

Give an example of it happening so we can see it and investigate, pls.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  5. HypoSoc

HypoSoc The mind is such a fragile plaything.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. alethiophile

Noted. I'll investigate once I'm not on mobile.

Ddmkm122 and Tank man like this.
  7. deathgeonous

deathgeonous Not too sore, are you?

I've been trying to upload a pic from own PC for like, a week and a half with no go as well.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. tehelgee

That's an attachment, and attachments aren't allowed. You must host it elsewhere such as imgur, and then link it here with the img bbcode.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  9. deathgeonous

deathgeonous Not too sore, are you?

I could before... sorry.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  10. Forcy

Forcy Getting sticky.

I am having the same problem myself with a chapter I just posted. All the other images and gifs worked just fine except for that one and I am confused as to why there was a problem there because I specifically did the process of uploading the images to postimages . org to get a direct link for all the other ones but only that gif is having viewing issues when I hit save changes. Any ideas as to what am I doing wrong?

11. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Link the image?

12. Forcy

Forcy Getting sticky.

https://i.postimg.cc/Gm3zm5kG/Sansa-drinking-soup.gif

Since it didn't became visible and I had the same problem with one image in the subsequent chapter I just posted, I ended up just putting the direct link up for those that want to check it out. Not the most ideal option though, given that there aren't any issues with mot of the images and I am using the same program on all of them to upload them.

13. tehelgee

It may not actually be a gif. It's likely an mp4, which our software doesn't support linking.

14. alethiophile

It looks like the problem is that that site plays silly buggers with its URLs -- when you go to that link, it redirects you to their HTML page with all their ads on it, and the QQ server cache doesn't know what to do with it. I don't know why it's inconsistent across different images, though.

15. Forcy

Forcy Getting sticky.

I find that a bit unlikely, given that I specifically turn the mp4 footage I will be using into gif files on ezgif . com.

16. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator