1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. jonasquinn

jonasquinn I trust you know where the happy button is?

So if the next couple of chapters is He Man, is Old World Dudes Fallout?

Darko likes this.
  2. dreaddragonking

dreaddragonking Getting out there.

the ham in this is amazing

Darko and DrThoth like this.
  3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Yes. Or to be precise, Hearst of Iron IV: Old World Blues.

4. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Can someone tell me what this Hearts of iron:Old World Blues is, i can't seem to find a description online?

Ardy likes this.
  5. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

The Zamarons, to the best of my knowledge, didn't have a Violet Central Power Battery, and were instead doing a sort of back-to-nature thing where they eschewed higher technology and social structures to instead be a tribe of ne-primatives who used the violet light to sleep with alien species and attempt to breed half-Maltusians. The Star Sapphire was the closest they ever came to a Violet Ring, and it didn't have anything like an AI to guide its use; hell it didn't even have a power filter to help protect the user from being overwhelmed by the power. This is the situation, I think, that still exists in the Renegade universe, since Grayven hasn't spent as much time trolling the universe as Paul.

In contrast, if I'm remembering right Paragon brought back a Violet Lantern Corps member from another universe and that kicked off the Zamarons of his universe starting their own Violet Lantern Corps, possibly complete with Violet Central Power Battery.

Ngamer11, Cuchulin, nobodez and 2 others like this.
  6. jonasquinn

jonasquinn I trust you know where the happy button is?

It's basically an extremely in depth mod for Hearts of Iron IV which converts it into a Fallout strategy game

nobodez and Darko like this.
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat is there a version of the SI that was sent to another universe not by a power ring but by something else?

I once had a thought about the Matrix entity that bonded with Linda Danvers in the comics bonding with Paul and dragging him to another universe.

8. Mr Zoat

This:

No.

9. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Grayven: "The blue one hasn't stayed still on the ground for a period longer than 10 seconds. My rings detect the pink one has forty cakes stashed away in her hair. (I'm not even going to ask). The orange one has apples on her flank. The white one hasn't stopped looking at my armor and muttering measurements and potential alterations to herself (I have very good hearing). I already know the purple one is a nerd. And everyone loves bunny rabbits."

Sunset: "nice save."

10. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

That is the second hoi4 mod being referenced, are you a player Zoat?

11. vali

vali I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm enjoying this episode a lot more than I thought I would.

Oglymogly, Ardy, Darko and 2 others like this.
  12. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

EXCUSE ME, EVERYONE! DELIVERY DRIVER COMING THROUGH!
    did someone here, by any chance, order a laarrRRRRRRGEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM?
    -Renpaul, on subtlety, probably.

... im..actually kinda wondering- would he be more likely to have a leg/hock of ham as a mark, or William Shatner's entire face, at this rate?
    .... or Shatner as Kirk singing an Operatic Dirge to a leg of ham (currently TVTrope's pageimage for "large ham, btw)- he's going pretty full- on with the overacting at this point...

not Brian Blessed though- i think he'd need to kick it up a notch further to rate a picture of.......hmmmm...

Jormuungaand, Darko and Ardy like this.
  13. Threadmarks: I HAVE THE POWER! Ring.
    Mr Zoat

19th year of the reign of King Randor I
    Season of Sun
    207th day, 1st bell

I sit on the floor of my chamber, power ring on my left ring finger and the Basophil Amulet on my right palm. It's a curious thing; when I first acquired it while wandering in the Sands of Fire it was violet, but when I first used it to charge the ring it shifted to orange. Does that mean that it used to be a Zamaron artefact? I do.. hope not, because having an enraged love goddess coming after me is the absolute last thing I want. But… If it was Zamaron in origin, there isn't any mention of that in any of the books which the Sorceress was kind enough to lend me on its history.

And wasn't finding out that I'm on flipping Eternia a shock. Not that I have much in the way of out of context knowledge; what little I remember from my childhood television habits doesn't seem to match what's actually happening. Ram Man-. Krass -who knew he had an actual name?- is about three times the size of the diminutive figure I remember, and his legs are organic muscle rather than cybernetic springs. Captain Teela's substantially younger than I was expecting her to be and He-Man doesn't look exactly like Prince Adam after a barbarian makeover.

Okay, let's see if I can get it first time this time. Picture in my head the orange light seeping through the fabric of the universe and pooling in every sent-

There's a knock at my door.

-ient being…

"Coming!"

I rise to my feet, slip the Amulet back into my pocket and stride over to the door. Opening it, I'm greeted by-. I look down as Orko backpeddals slightly. He's a.. little more disturbing to meet in person than he was in the animated series: the inky blackness concealing his face never wavers and ring scans return nonsense results when I try to scan him. He's like a flying black mage.

"And what can I do for you this fine morning?"

He backs off a little more. "I was just.. passing by, and… I was wondering how much progress you'd made using the Amulet."

"I can reliably turn it on. That's about it. I think archmagedom is some way off, and frankly I'd rather stick with the ring."

"Oh. That's a-." His eyes dart left and right. "A real shame. But… I thought you said that the Masters need a magician?"

"Yes, they do, so… Ah…" How's my schedule for today..? "If you've got time… This afternoon? I thought I could have a crack at putting together a wand for you." He blinks. "That's what you need, isn't it? Sort of a stabilisation device so that you can control your magic?"

His eyes widen. "You know how to make those?"

"No, but I can make any physical object from a good enough description, so between you, the Sorceress's books on the Trolla and the remains of your old wand, I'm hopeful that we'll be able to make some progress." I smile and lay my right hand on his left shoulder, which has a bizarre… Almost oobleck-like feel. "After all, it's completely ridiculous that the most powerful magic user in Eternia is reduced to being a court jester."

"Oh. Well. Thank you. Ah… Do you think we-?"

"Orange Lantern."

I turn as Captain Technically-Not-My-Boss walks-. No, stalks down the corridor towards us. Oh, delightful. What have I done-

Orko backs up at speed. "I'll see you this afternoon!"

-now?

"Captain. Delightful to see you. What brings you to my corner of the castle?"

"What happened between you and Krass?"

I blink-.

Season of Sun
    205th day, 7th bell

"Don't do yourself down like that, Krass." I pat him on the shoulder. "Ekra would be privileged to be courted by a man like you." He shuffles slightly, shaking his head. "No, seriously. You're polite, honourable, loyal to a fault, you've got a good position which you earned and you regularly fight some of the nastiest and most powerful people on the planet to keep Eternos safe. You're a good guy."

"Ah…" He blushes faintly, then raises his right hand to scratch the back of his head. "If you think she's so great, why don't you go talk to her?"

"Because -with the greatest respect to the noble profession of goatherd- I'm looking for a woman with whom I could share every part of my life. Someone who could keep up with us in a fight."

"But…" He grins. "The only woman we know like that's Teela."

Season of Sun
    207th day, 1st bell

Oh dear. "I've.. known Sergeant Krass for several months. A variety of things have happened between us. Could you narrow-?"

"The night before last, at the tavern."

Of course that's what you're asking about.

"May I.. ask why you're asking?" I smile, but I'm obviously not fooling her. She knows full well that I know what she's talking about.

"Krass was miserable all of yesterday. Look, if one of you got drunk and said something stupid-"

Season of Sun
    205th day, 6th bell

Krass nods at the goblet in front of me. "Wine any good?"

"No idea." I raise the goblet up slightly. "The innkeeper was kind enough to keep a small keg of unfermented grape juice in for me. It allows me to give the appearance of joining in the celebration without compromising my facilities." I look at his tankard. Water? Unexpected, but I suppose it was unfair of me to stereotype him. "Would you care to join me?"

Season of Sun
    207th day, 1st bell

"It turns out that neither of us drink."

Apparently, his reasons relate to a misspent youth and how he earned that skullcap of his. He didn't want to talk about the specifics, so I didn't press him.

"-then that's fine, but the two of you need to talk out your differences. We have to fight side by side, and that requires that we trust each other."

I'm getting the same lecture from a sixteen year old girl from the He-Man universe that I got from the He-Man animated series when I was six. There's something amusingly poetic about that.

"No, neither of us said anything-. Ah… He… Made an observation, which -with the benefit of hindsight- I realise was supposed to be a light-hearted jibe."

Season of Sun
    205th day, 8th bell

"Ah, no." I bow my head slightly as Krass frowns in confusion. "While the Captain is a splendid young woman with many admirable qualities… In my culture, it is considered… Extremely inappropriate for people with an age difference as great as we have to become involved with one another. It wouldn't quite be criminal, but it's close enough that I find the idea quite distasteful."

"Oh." He shrinks back slightly. "Right. I hadn't-. Ah, sorry. I'll just…"

Season of Sun
    207th day, 1st bell

"But, at the time, I.. wasn't sure, and so responded as if it were a… Serious observation. And so I responded in a serious manner, without.. giving any sign that I wasn't sure how it had been intended. Certain.. parts of Eternian custom.. still elude my comprehension, and it may be in turn that Krass believes that he has greatly offended me, when I in fact thought that he.. merely had a misapprehension which I should politely correct."

"Then why didn't you say that at the time?"

"He walked off, and I just thought that things might be a little awkward for a day or so then we'd both forget it. Should I..? Assume that he's taken it a little more to heart than I assumed?"

She rolls her eyes, hands on her hips. "Krass takes everything to heart. He thinks he's massively insulted you, and he's going to keep thinking that until you straighten things out."

I nod. "Then I will do so immediately and I apologise most profusely for not taking care of this before it came to your attention. If you'll.. excuse me?"

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  14. Mr Zoat

Yes, though I've never played the vanilla game. It looks a bit bland.

15. gustyeagle

gustyeagle Know what you're doing yet?

Better than ponies

16. Zeromaru2

Zeromaru2 Versed in the lewd.

He-man?
    Sure why not

17. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Change "have" to "having".

18. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Part of me wants to see what a version in the new She Ra cartoon would be like, but the other part of me reckons that Zoat would not be kind to that setting.

19. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

your -> you

20. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

The Pony arc in a nutshell.

Sunset Shimmer: Grayven no.

Grayven: GRAYVEN YES.

21. Massgamer

Massgamer Not too sore, are you?

I loved Masters of the Universe and honestly wish there was more fanfiction about it.

Hope we get more parts of this.

I am curious what OL does in general to improve upon world.

22. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

My entire knowledge base on He-Man comes entirely from memes. Specifically Skeletor memes and that one music video using clips of He-Man singing that "HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA" song.

He-Man and She-Ra are the same universe, right? Is this that newer She-Ra thing? I've been meaning to watch it since I've heard it's good, but I just haven't yet.

23. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Why? Gosh darn it, I wanted to see the Alicorn of Ham.

24. Fellow

Fellow Know what you're doing yet?

As interested as I am in the Equestria arc, I am very interested in this He-Man arc. Please post more of it all mighty Zoat.

25. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Haven't watched it, don't intend to.
    Hordak kidnapped Adora and brought her to a parallel universe. Contact is difficult and sporadic.
    One more tomorrow.

Lupercal, WargWolf, Fellow and 12 others like this.
  26. Massgamer

Massgamer Not too sore, are you?

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat can you give us some backstory about this version of the SI and what he has been doing?

Are you going to do that in the next chapter?

28. Mr Zoat

Ended up on Eternos, grabbed the Amulet, joined the Masters, fought Skeletor's people. He's been reading everything on magic he can and trying to get the Sorceress to interact socially with people.
    No.

29. Bigreader

Bigreader Doom. Boom!

Man every told that's one of these alternate universe versions of Paul with a power rating. I end up wanting to have a completely separate story following that version of call cuz the antics of him in that universe and just as entertaining it's not more so than the one in the main story. So I wonder how he's keeping his ring charged. I read something about an artifact, but I didn't understand it since I didn't watch that version of He-Man. So what should we call this version of Paul Paul, man? He Paul or orange, man?

30. Mr Zoat

I don't think this sentence is what you meant to say.