1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Planeshunter, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Umbra99

Umbra99 Good Civilization

Honestly, dying might just be the best thing to ever happen to Taylor.

2. Jubjub3000

Jubjub3000 Versed in the lewd.

[​IMG]
    A hollow version of this?

3. CrimsonFate

CrimsonFate Versed in the lewd.

So very true and also don't forget turning into hollow as well. Mainly, if she became a shinigami I doubt she would've been able to function in Soul Society at all without going ballistic cause of the various things it should've done or didn't do.

Planeshunter and Jubjub3000 like this.
  4. Planeshunter

Planeshunter [Verified Slimegirl Whisperer]

Yeah, that's something I was aiming for and I'm feeling pretty good about how it came out. The memory loss isn't absolute, as we've seen from time to time, but is extensive enough for some of younger Taylor's character to resurface.

... Admittedly, I have this idea of younger Taylor as a cheerful chatterbox that I'm unsure how canon-compliant actually is.

5. CrimsonFate

I'm pretty sure she was at least much happier before the bullying happen so it won't be strange for pre-summer camp Taylor to have childish fantasies like that.

6. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

works if she's an Arrancar and the flowers are bits of hollow mask? Or there's bits of mask hidden under her hair. Or this is a Vasto Lorde form and the whole mask is hidden under her hair in the back of her head (which is kinda fucked up and/or horrifying) making her a sort of inversion of a butterfly with the apparent wings being her limbs and the apparent girl being camouflage, an outgrowth of her beautiful hair into beautiful flesh, influenced in part by the moon and/or other souls she ate.
    It's canon compliant IIRC. Pre-bullying Taylor is basically the genki girl.

7. CrimsonFate

She could always have a butterfly shaped mask when she becomes an Arrancar or Vastos Lorde. And who knows maybe she can be an unique/shiny/abnormal type of hollow when it comes to her final form.

EDIT: Found this picture while roaming around the internet and thought to share it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  8. Jubjub3000

Yeah, what if this is her vasto lorde form? It would make more sense if it is! And what about the mask being on her fade but when she "takes it off" it goes onto the sash around her waist or in her hair and broken fragments

EDIT

And if it is the vasto lorde form how tall should it be? I vote 1.4m~ tall

9. Umbra99

Umbra99 Good Civilization

I vote the size of an actual butterfly.

10. Jubjub3000

So tinkerbell sized? While that would be great I think it would be too small... so how about the standard shoulder loli size? (About 1-1.2meters tall)

11. Threadmarks: Larva X - Musings of a smug bastard
    Planeshunter

The screen shuts down and he can only smirk with satisfaction. That should attract Soul Society’s attention to Karakura nicely. More than enough to uncover Kuchiki Rukia’s ‘betrayal’ and give a plausible excuse for ‘Central 46’ to ask for her head.

Seriously, what was his rival thinking, making such an obvious move? Maybe he didn’t expect him to detect the Hogyoku if it was hidden within a powerless soul? Seriously, such a low opinion of his abilities… Or maybe just wistful thinking on their part. It’s not like he’s let them much breathing room, after all. At that point it might very well be the only move they could make.

The Kurosaki eldest son keeps showing his incredible growth, as expected of someone of his… pedigree. Nothing even vaguely outside the acceptable parameters, anyway, not at all a threat to his plans.

That reminds him, it wouldn’t do for the little squad of Karakura heroes to try and venture into Hueco Mundo in a misguided attempt to rescue their little friends. That is the sort of stupid gambits a young boy would try if left alone to his own devices, and carries a certain risk of tipping his hand about Hueco Mundo. A minimal risk, sure, but he doesn’t stand where he does now by taking needless risks.

No, he’ll make sure to keep them distracted until he’s ready for his final farewell to Soul Society.

Glee pooling within at another move flawlessly executed, he gives up his attempt to keep a straight face and lets his lips curl up in an amused smirk. Puppets dancing to his tune, not even aware there’s a performance in play.

Oh he knows very well his ambition would be better received if he just acted a bit more humble about it. It’s not as if it absolutely cannot be sold as a noble goal, after all. But since he would never be able to win over Yamamoto or the Gotei Zero anyway, and they would always be able to rouse an army to oppose him, there was no real point to it.

No, those who matter (himself alone) understand his ambition, and the rest are irrelevant. If he’s going to upset the balance of the world and spit in the face of fate, he’ll be a smug bastard while doing it. What’s the point of becoming a living god if one doesn’t enjoy the ride, after all?

At this point, the only thing left to plan is how exactly he wants his big reveal to play.

Honestly the only real surprise in years was that Weaver Hollow getting flustered by the Kurosaki boy. Just an amusing anecdote in hindsight, he probably overreacted, that with sending the Gillian in early and all. Can anyone blame him for not wanting to suffer through highschool romance though? Completely justified, in his not-so-modest opinion.

Yes, Weaver… That’s a promising one. For a Hollow never heard of a month before, it sure has made waves, taking down some big names (relatively, anyway. There’s no actually ‘big’ players down in the Forest of the Menos,) and pissing off others. That old fool Anansi and the Guardian of the Forest no less… If that’s not interesting enough to keep tabs on, what is? Maybe he could....

But no. Notable or not, it’ll still take time to coax out the true potential of that one, and the plan is too further along. A real shame, if it had appeared only fifty years ago... No use crying over wasted opportunities though. At this point, that caterpillar Hollow would only be useful as fodder, and he has more than enough of that already.

By the time it reaches its full potential, he would have become the One True God already and by then… Actually, maybe he could find some use for it even then. He’s always seen godhood as the win all end all final goal but, logically speaking, he’ll need something to do once he becomes God.

Maybe there’ll be some use for a promising newborn Vasto Lorde then? It’s not like he expects many of his Arrancar to survive the conflict with Soul Society. Nor many Captains either, while he’s at it.

Yeah, He’ll keep paying attention to it, just in case.

To never have thought before what to do after his plans bore fruit… truly, even a genius mind like his own can have amusing blindspots. Of course, since he had noticed by himself, it can’t really be called a blindspot. One more proof of his superiority over mere mortals.

“Aizen-taichou?” His Lieutenant hesitantly calls from outside his room, making him hastily hide the surveillance equipment that has no right to exist on the nice and kind Captain’s office.

“Come in, Hinamori-kun.” He answers flawlessly, revealing nothing of the startled distress he momentarily felt. “Something I can help you with?”

“It’s about the new recruits, you see...” And she proceeds to bore him with every inane little detail about the trash he’s forced to put up with to preserve his cover. Seriously, if there’s a reason to hesitate on executing his plan, is all the nonsense forced upon him just to be seen as a benevolent leader.

If only he could somehow dodge those boorish—

He’s very proud of the way his eyebrow doesn’t twitch in annoyance and his palm doesn’t hit his face when he realizes than yes, he can ‘somehow’ dodge those boorish meetings. With flawless ease too.

Kyouka Suigetsu.

Hinamori’s eyes haze over, and she continues talking to the chair as he stands up and opens a secret door leading to a second office. Come to think of it, he can do the same to make everyone believe he’s filled his paperwork, everyone involved in the process is under his absolute hypnosis anyway.

Freedom at last! Damn, but he should’ve realized he could do this years ago. No matter. Another blind spot dodged and another proof of his superiority!

“Fuhaha~ hahahahaha!!” … come to think of it, he didn’t really need to make a fool out of himself rushing to hide his surveillance equipment either, did he? Maybe he’s overworked? All those plans don’t keep on the right track themselves, after all. “Looks like even someone like me needs a vacation from time to time… I can’t wait to be Soul King.”

And with this, we wrap up the 'Larva' arc. Next update will begin the 'Pupa' arc, which will be understandably introspective. I don't expect it to be very long, maybe 4-5 chapters unless I get some inspiration to write more.

12. Jubjub3000

So aizen is using his powers to skip his paperwork? This right here is why he has so much time to plan things out! And did anyone else want him to go into a musical number by singing "I just can't wait to be king" at the end there?

EDIT

What where aizen's plans anyway? (As in what will he do when he's soul king) because if he shows weaver the state of soul society and the eternal poverty that is death I think she'll join him in trying to make it better! It would also be quite funny if ichigo and co join aizen because of this.

13. Planeshunter

Here's hoping she sees the paralels with Coil...

14. iambasho

iambasho I trust you know where the happy button is?

Oh sweet, I really hope we get to see how Ichigo, Yuzu, Yoruichi, or Urahara feels about today!
    ...wut.

I just found this yesterday, and it's shaping up to be epic. Here's to hoping the last vote didn't bad end this.

15. Fonteius

Fonteius [Empty Title]

Waever: I have seen your manipulations Aizen!, how dare you kidnap that little girl!. ~ Points at Lilynette ~

Aizen: I did nothing of the sort.

Weaver: Oh.., well, good luck killing the Shinigami then.

16. CrimsonFate

I knew it that pretending to be a lovable and good captain is just stressful work.

17. Argentis

Argentis Lord of Cinders (retired)

Hey quick question, wouldnt the getting eaten alive, resemble the Locker enough to trigger, we know QA is still around, after a fashion.

On another Note, is there aby posibility to see this Taylor go back to Bet at some time? There are a lot of good Post-GM Tayor fics but the only one that has her returning to her friends a family, that i know of, is "The Golden woman" lots of fics tease the idea but they never get to it, either they get dropped orthe forget about it

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  18. Threadmarks: Pupa 2.01 - Praise the sun.
    Planeshunter

[X][Focus] Duty. (Results won’t be immediately apparent.)

It was a world not unlike many others. People went about their business in relative peace, thanks to the tried and tested strategy of not peering too deep into the darkness of the world. And thus, as many suffered, just as many lived content lives, blissfully unaware in their world full of shadows.

Then he came. A man that was more than a man. A superman, symbol of hope shining as bright as the sun, that rose against the shadows of the world. Many acclaimed his advent and rejoiced at the new light coloring their bleak world. Inspired by the sun, many others rose to the role of heroes, paragons and protectors, bringing the world to a new golden era.

But where light goes, it soon finds out darkness was faster, and it’s already waiting. From the shadowed crevices of humanity’s society and psyche, places so twisted the sun of hope could never reach, things that embodied the worst of the human race rose too.

For every light, a shadow. For every saviour, a tyrant. For every hero a villain.

Little by little, the struggle between those who wanted to protect the world and those who wanted to take it for themselves grew in scale and scope. By the time those who matter noticed, the conflicts were on the continental scale, and the power struggles affected whole countries.

To make it worse, the darkness brought forth its own champions. Creatures of nightmare that had nothing of human and against whom humanity couldn’t hope to ever truly triumph.

Above it all. He still stood undefeated. The superman, the sun. While he couldn’t or wouldn’t uproot the darkness of humanity single-handedly, he was still the symbol of hope people looked up to, when they felt the strength to go through the day falter.

In a matter of years, it was hard to recognise the once lukewarm world of contentment and wilful ignorance in this conflict-torn world. There were those who tied the dots, who traced the drastic changes to a single event and knew who to blame. But they were powerless to stop it, too weak to even make a move against the one responsible. And thus the hid and plotted, unaware or uncaring of how deep in the darkness they were sinking themselves.

It finally happened, what those plotting in the darkness feared the worst, what the world as a whole expected the least. It didn’t come from the inhuman abominations that scourged the world, but from a monster born from humanity.

So much, so little… just a few words, just the right words. At the right place, the wrong place. With the best timing, the worst timing. In spite of the many involved, the blame for the events that transpired that morning, the death of a thousand worlds, can be squarely put on the shoulders of a single man. A man who delighted on his accomplishment.

Truly, humans can give birth to monsters others can’t even begin to imagine.

With this act, with those ill-fated worlds, the truth was revealed. The truth of the superman, of the hope shining like the sun.

For you see, it was just a lie, a big farce. A way for the uncaring sun to idle time away, just putting into practice words he heard somewhere on a whim, cruelly ignoring the fact he himself was not only the cause of all the trouble he solved… but also of a good more that he didn’t.

And when the words of the anonymous advisor were ignored in favour of those from a monster, the sun descended and humanity died. When the millions of voices cried out in terror, asking for a savior, many answered. Heroes and villains joined hands, even if just to make sure a world to fight for remained standing. But it was a hopeless battle, because how can you battle hope? How can you shoot down the sun?

Only a new hope, a new sun can do that. It was time for a new sun to rise. And so it did. The fight was ugly, the cost was great, but in the end the old sun, the fake hope, flickered out and died.

THE SUN IS DEAD. LONG LIVE THE SUN

The sins of the past resurface! You’ve earned the Perk Ardiendo (Clothed in Flame)
    Ardiendo -
    A representation of a past feat, the ever-burning flames of life carried by the one who took down the cruel sun. Allows you to resist fire-based attacks to a high degree, and outright ignore them up a certain power threshold.
    Adjuchas and above with this Perk gain the Power ?????.

Ardiendo interferes with Luz Lunar! You won’t be able to use either until you figure out what’s going on.

Oblivion Compensation! You lose 66385 EE!! (Ardiendo interferes with Luz Lunar)

Oh? What do we have here? My, such a pure, bright soul… Battered and bruised, Yes. Hurt and wounded again and again and again. And still so beautiful and strong. You’re different from the others, aren’t you?

You killed the sun. Those memories fill you with…

Bitterness
    . All those sacrifices, all the pain you endured for the world… and what was your reward? A broken mind and a gun aimed at your head.
    Satisfaction. That damocles sword hanging over humanity, it was thou who destroyed it.
    Determination. You did what had to be done, nothing more, nothing less.
    Wonder. If Gods can be killed… What's the limit?

[X][Memories] Bitterness.
    [X][Memories] Satisfaction.
    [X][Memories] Determination.
    [X][Memories] Wonder.

It’s a bit short, I know. That’ll probably be a trend during this arc. On the bright side, I’ll try to upload an interlude after every chapter. There’s enough going on out of Weaver’s sight to justify it.[/spoiiler]

19. Shaper47

Shaper47 Versed in the lewd.

[X][Memories] Wonder.

We are Khepri and the Sun shall rise once more

!Renzie0 likes this.
  20. CrimsonFate

[X][Memories] Wonder.

It be good for Weaver to not think that there is limit to what can be killed.

21. Nioz

Nioz Know what you're doing yet?

Out of purest curiosity, are we still at 4/5 crit successes for Memetic Badass?

Planeshunter likes this.
  22. Selias

Selias Well worn.

[X][Memories] Satisfaction.

23. Laturse

Laturse It's all so hazy....

[X][Memories] Wonder.

24. Planeshunter

Yeah, there's been a couple of close calls, but nothing's changed on that front. Don't worry, I'll make sure to make a proper announcement when the time comes.

25. Jubjub3000

Im just wondering but with weavers connection to the moon wouldn't "the sun is dead, long live the moon" work better? And an ice cloak instead as the cold will snuff out the fire?

Just nitpicking though...

[X][Memories] Wonder.

26. Planeshunter

I agree, that's why I made Ardiendo and Luz Lunar interfere with each other, that line though is more about Khepri than the current state of Weaver.

Jubjub3000 likes this.
  27. Harpy81

Harpy81 Versed in the lewd.

[X][Memories] Determination

spidermonkey likes this.
  28. Milkers99

Milkers99 3 int

[X][Memories] Wonder.

So is this taylor after killing scion, or when she triggers?

29. spidermonkey

spidermonkey Making the rounds.

. Khepri is the god of the morning sun and rebirth and was a ram headed scarab

SonaTheSweet likes this.
  30. Jubjub3000

So I take it either one will win over the other or we'll get a shoto todoroki situation (can use both simultaneously)

SonaTheSweet likes this.