1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Planeshunter, Dec 13, 2019.

1. mariuswinter

mariuswinter Getting sticky.

[X][Memories] Wonder.

2. Jarrarad

Jarrarad Getting some practice in, huh?

[X][Memories] Wonder.

3. Zakara

Zakara Part-Time Heterodyne

[X][Memories] Determination.

4. Imacheaterwhocheats

Imacheaterwhocheats Know what you're doing yet?

[X][Memories] Satisfaction

5. Argentis

Argentis Lord of Cinders (retired)

[X][Memories] Wonder.

The Sun and The Moon cant exist together?
    And Who decided That?

I will be assimilated, Tatsuki and Chizuru, will lose themselves in this sea of souls?
    Who decided That?

My memories are gone?
    Who decided That?

I cant do anything about it? I cant win?
    WHO DECIDED THAT?

I am Skitter, I am Weaver, I am The Khepri, I Am Taylor Hebert.
    The only person who gets to decide such things is ME!

... i couldn t help myself.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  6. Rock_on_5002

Rock_on_5002 Making the rounds.

[X][Memories] Wonder.

7. iambasho

iambasho I trust you know where the happy button is?

8. abyssmal_kismet

abyssmal_kismet Experienced.

The rise of a new Sun, it fills you with... DETERMINATION.

Undertale memes aside, determination kinda feels the most true to Taylor as a character. She did what she felt she had to do, and then looked on to the next crisis without really looking back until the very end when Contessa called her out on it.

spidermonkey likes this.
  9. Planeshunter

Planeshunter [Verified Slimegirl Whisperer]

I'm not sure what exactly you're asking.
    If it's about when Skittering Hollow happens, timeline wise, chapter "000 - Death is only the beginning" is an edited version of Worm's epilogue.
    If you mean the scenes from this last update, they talk about what happened in the past. Namely humanity's perception of Scion and the world as a whole, from the time he first showed himself to the Golden Morning.

I think I can do you one better, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

And you can be damn sure she doesn't regret it, even if she would've gone about it differently, given the chance. I wonder how many fics are out there, where there's someone else in Contessa's place right at the end, and offers her a chance to redo it all.

Pride best sin, Escanor is too gar to handle. I'll always remember with special fondness how he dealt with Zeldris' Ominous Nebula.

spidermonkey and Jubjub3000 like this.
  10. Milkers99

Milkers99 3 int

so its when she triggers in the locker (and dies?) and not after she was shot in the back of the head.

11. CatOnFire

CatOnFire Magically Malicious

[X] Wonder

Determination fits the role of Taylor's time she learned of Diana and became Weaver to stop a nebulous end of the world by Jack Slash. Bitterness fits Taylor's time as Skitter, the beginning and the warlord. Satisfaction fits Queen Administrator and Kephri more than anything else, she sits on the throne and proves her host is da best.

Wonder fits the Taylor of now and the Taylor as she was before the Betrayal and subsequent Trigger. It would be nice of her to remember her past but not be weighed down by it like an anchor around the neck.

12. Planeshunter

Planeshunter [Verified Slimegirl Whisperer]

She survives the locker just like in canon. This story takes place after the whole plot of Worm.

Milkers99 likes this.
  13. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X][Memories] Satisfaction.

Taylor should get to be satisfied for once.

14. Thalton

Thalton Making the rounds.

Weaver's final form, which most likely will be her balancing out the sun and moon, had better reference an eclipse or I will be disappointed.

[X][Memories] Wonder.

15. Babysharkdodo

Babysharkdodo A empty void

[X][Memories] Satisfaction.

16. Iceflame55

Iceflame55 Enjoying the Lewd Dungeon called 'The Gutter'.

Honestly, if Taylor recovers her memory now? I'd have to say all of the above have to be present. But which ones are the strongest?

Bitterness is present, but Taylor's not the sort to dwell/brood upon it; even in her current new form/outlook she's striving forward. I'd have to say of the four presented, this one is 4th place.

Satisfaction? This again will likely be present. But as her recent undertakings have shown her, this is no time to rest upon her laurels. This will like be the 3rd place entry.

Determination and Wonder, or Wonder and Determination? I'd actually put these about even. Why are these even you might ask? Because both of them are the core elements of who Taylor started out as, and where she ended. Determination seen her claw her way through any and all obstacles before her, whether parahuman, monster, or Gods; but she survived, as she discovered even GODS can die. And what does watching such a rare and unique Event tend to engender? Curiosity, the vague thought, "If even Gods may die at the hands of insects, what else might be possible?"

Wonder is likely (barely) in 2nd place. Because when Taylor realizes the kind of spiritual trouble all three of them are in, I figure she's going to fall back into old habits. The same habits that not incidentally made her a living nightmare for her entire SPECIES before it was all over.

Determination. I can feel you tearing at my sanity; but I don't NEED to be 'sane' to know what I must do. I WILL NOT yield to you. I have faced things bigger, tougher, stronger then myself before; and if I must tear every one of your Souls apart one by one I WILL DO WHAT I MUST!

spidermonkey, Nioz, Harpy81 and 3 others like this.
  17. zephyriphoenix

zephyriphoenix Getting out there.

[X][Memories] Wonder.

I dont like any of the other options for growth of character. Personally I would think regret or melancholy would be more likely. Not regreting her actions so much as the necesety of them. Either that or pride and confidence. After all she killed a god when she was given insects. Many things may be beyond her, but not forever. Still wonder works well, seeing what she was capable of before gaining the strength of a hollow. She wont really be cowed in the future and can progress with certainty that no goal is unobtainable.

Also I look forward to aizen's "I am a god!" And weaver laughing and saying "yeah, so what? I've killed a god before and he was stronger than you."

spidermonkey and Planeshunter like this.
  18. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Getting out there.

[X][Memories] Wonder.

19. goricnac

goricnac I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X][Memories] Wonder.

20. mattsaber

mattsaber Well worn.

21. Minion #Q

Minion #Q Well worn.

unedited thoughts

So the memory of killing the sun interferes with gathering the light of the moon. I can't say that's not surprising, even If the moon light is a reflection of the sun. When the sun is shining directly you can't exactly see the moon.

I'm going to assume that the trigger is a self realization of some kind and that is probably also linked to taking control of the gillion hive mind.

in that taylor will need to realize that the two concepts can coexist without suppressing each other. example the way that zangetsu and hollow indigo did in bleach and remake herself so that they don't clash.

I will have to think on this more but the sun of hope fought against the monsters of the darkness. It was also fake As a hollow Taylor is a monster and she is also the sun. she will need to realize that she can be both.

Planeshunter and Jubjub3000 like this.
  22. Naddakka741

Naddakka741 Making the rounds.

[X][Memories] Wonder

23. zarabg

zarabg I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X][Memories] Wonder.

24. Shadowoflight

Shadowoflight Not too sore, are you?

[X][Memories] Wonder.

25. KuroOkami

KuroOkami Getting sticky.

26. Prama

Prama Know what you're doing yet?

[X][Memories] Wonder.
    If the Beetle can carry the Sun across the heavens why can the same not be true for the Moon?

27. Flavy02

Flavy02 A Certain Radio Demon

[X][Memories] Satisfaction

28. Demonlorddraco91

Demonlorddraco91 Versed in the lewd.

[X][Memories] Determination

29. Umbra99

Umbra99 Good Civilization

[X][Memories] Wonder.

30. Its_a_cauldron_plot!

Its_a_cauldron_plot! ( Or is it Simurgh?)

[X][Memories] Wonder.

We may not be Khepri, but we still have a god to kill.