1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Try "neither are" instead, perhaps.

Wheenesss and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  2. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

My bad on that one, forgot to adjust the rest of the sentence. Sceptic's suggestion is right.

3. GamingPizza1998

GamingPizza1998 Verified Pizza

I CAN FUCKING BREATHE.... SEBD HELP!

4. Xelloss

Xelloss Know what you're doing yet?

Until recently, in France : link
    (English subs available)

5. Silverias

Silverias Know what you're doing yet?

I can't tell who you're responding to, so I can't really get the context of that clip.

6. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

Couldn't he perfectly charge it from any larger/early stage cult of Tzeench?

7. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Judging from this episode, QQ clearly needs a laughter option. What's it going to cost to get it done?

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Rafin even if he could charge it using it would be impossible the moment he realizes what universe he is in.

9. Akatsunami

Akatsunami The Potatoist.

Why aren't you doing it though?! Do it! Do it now!

10. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

Can just imagine when COIP collector shows up, tAke's a look at pony Graven and say's I ain't touching that.

Gantradies likes this.
  11. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

An Earth Pony mare with two special friends?

12. Baladar

Baladar Know what you're doing yet?

That’ll do pig. That’ll do.

13. Xelloss

Grayven seems to move against the ponies by claimong they have affairs, which among Anglo-Saxons seems to be a big no-no.
    Here in France, it's Tuesday, and people don't care*.

*(at least until this week, because of a recent news of a mayor candidate caught in a sex tape. Most people here are in fact more annoyed that he resigned like an American politician would have, that by the act itself)

[Edit : typo + clarifications]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  14. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Oh, no. At least, I don't think to. That last sentence is a little hard to decipher.

Luna, Celestia and Twilight Sparkle are all single, so there's no real reason why they shouldn't hook with with anypony they want. Grayven is just trying to make them uncomfortable by encouraging others to believe inaccurate things about their private lives.

15. Siiracai The Supernal

Siiracai The Supernal Shadows and Balance

I think that it would be interesting if one of the alternate Pauls was in the GLTAS universe.

Darko likes this.
  16. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

"Batman what do all these random acronyms mean?"

17. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Oh you sweet summer child, that just means everyone thinks they are lesbians.

18. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

A truly epic orgy.

I mean, read between the lines of the whole "members of the three tribes came together as one to defeat the windigos" story, and you'll realize that the truth has been in front of you all along. "Harmony" is a euphemism.

19. Birdsie

Birdsie Making the rounds.

Graven, you magnificent bastard. You did it again.

20. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

I did not expect this to turn into a Dear Princess Molestia episode, but here we are.

21. Gladiusone

Gladiusone Well worn.

.... whhhhhhyyyy? Seriously, how does this advance his goals? Or is it just for fun? Honestly, considering Grayven’s situation, it seems ... counterproductive.

22. Lazurman

Lazurman That Others May Fap

Why do anything? Because it's A) fucking hilarious and B) gets the natives to be more willing to blast him with the Friendship Cannon.

23. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

I was trying to find all the alternate SI chapters and it is really hard and confusing. The later ones are all neatly listed in the appropriate story arcs in the order that they were posted, but most of the older ones aren't there. Some are instead in various omake lists on other forums, but I still have the feeling I'm missing some.
    On top of that, I don't know which ones count as "canon" alternates and which ones don't. Like, I remember there being one in the Worm universe that assimilated Leviathan. Is he canon?

By the way, does anyone have links to all the various Marvel SI chapters? I'm not sure if I ever read them.

24. Zeroguard

Zeroguard Eater of M&M's

Atm it seems like Grayven is just toeing the line on 'evil' acts, he needs to convince them he's bad enough to use one of their anti-bad-person magical artifacts on but he's also keenly aware that this is a world whose logic runs on a children's TV show world logic and tropes so their definition of evil is a bit more skewed/innocent than ours. Actually endangering people would probably guarantee him a blast but it might also do something like banish him to an inescapable magical moon imprisonment so he needs to be just evil enough to blast but not evil enough for the magical artifacts to do anything more than purge the anti-life equation.

...Or maybe Grayven is just having a bit of fun.

25. Valiran

Valiran Seeker of fluffiness

She is going to lose her shit.

She’s going to absolutely lose her shit and haul Grayven into orbit, where she will proceed to telekinetically hog-tie the man, pry his jaw open, and force-feed him Wilson’s sun.

She’s queen of the night and her job involves flying through people’s dreams. I seriously doubt anyone is going to have to explain the birds and the bees to her, not that it will stop Grayven from ribbing her about it when he sees the chance.

26. Mr Zoat

Are you saying that Luna is secretly Whitney Houston?

27. Xelloss

Ah, yes, sorry. I didn't proof-read my post. It should be better now.

28. Threadmarks: Equestrian Girls (part 9)
    Mr Zoat

1st April 2012
    Evening

Oh this place is amazing!

I don't know if it's the cook or this pony tongue but the food here is top-notch. I was a bit reluctant to try the hay-based things but.. actually, with all the spices to give them flavour, it kind of works. I've got to bring the family here. Once I check that the younger children's medicine still works when they're in pony form.

I wonder if harmony magic could fix them, too? I'd been assuming not because it's just part of how their body works rather than any kind of curse, but I suppose that it wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion.

I slide my very clear formerly-covered-in-chestnut-curry plate forward, then float it up to join the others.

"Okay, I think I'm done. How about you?"

Street Stalker -the earth pony- nods. He'd been sampling a little of everything, and as a result he was still eating about two thirds of the way through my meal.

"This place is really good. Most restaurants in Canterlot are totally overpriced."

Swooping Strike -the bat pony- snorts in agreement. "And the food's terrible."

I frown. "How do they do that? Wouldn't the cooks' special talents mean they.. just knew when they were doing that?"

Hidden Presence -the unicorn- shakes his head. "Only if they were making a mess of things by accident. If they were actually trying to make cardboard, then… Cardboard's what they'd get. And since the restaurant manager probably has a coin pouch on their rump…"

"Canterlot ponies like cardboard? I'd have thought that there'd be more variety than that."

Street and Swooping look at Hidden.

"What? Hey, include me out. Why do you think I always eat in the mess? Just.. herd psychology, I guess. Everypony knows that's what restaurants are supposed to serve, so that's what everypony expects. Though I guess 'following the herd' isn't really an alicorn thing."

"No, it-"

Lantern Grayven, it's happening.

"-isn't."

I smile.

Who went first?

The police.

"Ah, Graven?" Swooping looks at me inquisitively. "I know you said you weren't evil, but that's kinda an evil smile you're doing?"

"I never said I wasn't evil. In fact, I'd say that I'm being pretty evil right now."

The guards look at each other, but Swooping has the initiative.

"You… Are?"

"Sure. You were following me when I went to the library, right?" She nods. "And the law firm?" She nods again. "Wanna see the results?"

There's a small flare as a hologram projector appears in the middle of the table, then an image of the Bearers' party appears. Everyone's smiling and.. playing some sort of game-. They're playing Twister, Luna's longer legs giving her a distinct advantage.

"You're spying on them?"

"Keep watching." I pull the camera out just as a night guard and a couple of other ponies walk in. The first has a truncheon and handc-. Hoofcuffs cutie mark while the second has a scroll and scales.

Street regards them carefully as they approach the game area.

"That's Steady Beat and Weigh Evidence. Why are they there?"

"Is there ever a situation where you think that the law shouldn't be enforced?"

He thinks for a moment. "You mean like if a starving pony steals food?"

"No, if a starving pony steals food then they clearly shouldn't be left in charge of themselves. I mean like if a person is vital to the running of the country they should be allowed to ignore any laws they want."

"No?"

I nod. "Let's see if they feel like that."

Luna frowns and says something to the spinner-wielding Pinkie Pie. The Twister-playing ponies immediately begin disentangling themselves and she walks towards the awkward-looking officers.

"And sound."

"…intruding, your highness, but we need to speak with Miss Rarity. It's.. urgent."

Rarity steps around Applejack and trots over.

"Why? Whatever is the matter?"

"Ah… Well…" Steady Beat levitates the thick bundle of papers myself and my lawyer wrote and opens it near the beginning. "We've received a dossier which alleges that you've committed several acts of theft-."

"Uoh." Rarity rolls her eyes. "Is this the best that Graven fellow could do? Unsubstantiated allegations?"

"I can't comment on where it came from, ma'am, but if this-" He flicks through it briefly. "-is true, then it's very far from unsubstantiated."

Rarity lets out a mildly indignant splutter-cough.

"Really."

"Yes ma'am. It is alleged that you have -on a number of occasions- travelled outside Ponyville town limits and engaged in mineral prospecting; to whit, locating and excavating various precious stones."

"Yes? The land is part of Ponyville, and Ponyville doesn't require that I have a licence."

"In point of fact ma'am -and we're checking this now just in case- the area this dossier alleges that you prospect in isn't part of Ponyville."

"Now hold on a gosh darn minute, here." Applejack steps forward. "That whole area was part o' the original land grant Princess Celestia gave t' my great grandfolks."

"Well, that may be true, but it would only matter if the Princess had the right to give it away. You see -and this is the part we're checking- when ponies first came to this part of the world, there were plenty of species already living here. Which mean that as Equestria was settled there were.. areas that weren't part of pony society."

Luna nods. "Yes, We remember it well. We left them to their own affairs as Our nation expanded."

Steady Beat nods. "The most recent law we found on the subject is…"

"The Aboriginal Relations Act of three thirty two." Weigh Evidence pulls a scroll out of her saddlebags with her teeth and offers it to her sovereign. A blue aura surrounds it and it floats out of her grasp. "Equestria never forced aboriginal groups to become part of Equestria. This resulted in there being a number of semi-autonomous micro-nations wholly within Equestrian territory. The Act defines -among other things- who is responsible if a crime is committed by a citizen on one side of the border against the other."

Steady Beat nods again. "The Diamond Dog pack who live near Ponyville might -and I stress might- be covered by the Act. If they are, that means that their territory was never part of Equestria. And if it was never part of Equestria…"

"Then Our Sister could not grant it to the Apple family. We are surprised that there are still territories within Equestria which have not integrated of their own volition, but the law is as she states."

Rarity's eyes widen slightly.

Twilight trots to the fore. "And what would that mean for Rarity?"

"That would mean that she'd be charged with one count of theft for each prospecting trip."

"But I... The dogs and I came to an arrangement."

"Oh?" Steady Beat smiles. "If they freely agreed to allow you to prospect in their territory then we can throw this whole thing out. Could you describe the circumstances, so we can write it into our report?"

"Yes, of course-. Ah, 'freely'?"

"Yeah, you know: without being threatened by anypony. Ah, anyone, I should say. Because, heh, obviously if they'd been threatened that would invalidate the whole thing."

Rarity sits down.

"Excuse me? I'm looking for Princess Twilight Sparkle?"

A short pegasus pony mare in a plain green suit walks in through the door. Twilight looks from her to the officers to Rarity and back again.

"Is this urgent?"

"Yes. I'm from Canterlot Child Services and I've-" She pulls out a document with her left wing. "-received a report that you're the primary caregiver of an infant dragon, and that he has never been registered either with a school or as being home schooled. A child's education is a rather serious matter and I'm hopeful that you can shed some light on this."

I stand and open a boom tube to the room, grinning evilly as I do so. I stride through, the assembled ponies looking at me in shock.

"All I wanted was to be cleansed of evil. You refused me. This took me but a few hours. Each of you has points of vulnerability. Mistakes you concealed. Use the Elements on me, or I will find them and make you suffer the consequences. And so that you have advanced warning: Pinkie Pie, you're next."

There's silence.

"Whaw, Princess Luna has terrible taste in stallions."

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  29. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

So anyone else amused that for all of Paul's harping about heroes being righteous facepunchers, that Gravy's problem is that the heroes of Equestria won't righteously facepunch him?

KaiKolo, JoTa34, Bud-E and 98 others like this.
  30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

This was like a less horrifying version of Rick's ship killing, mutilating and traumatising all those people, especially the threat he made.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020