1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Now that those ponies are free of Grayven, I wonder how long it will take until they spread the STI word.

2. Oglymogly

Oglymogly I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ah, yes, laws. Those wonderful little things that most kid shows ignore... And real adults can't.

Holy crap, there's someone in the MLP verse that enforces the laws of physics?

3. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Dun Dun Duuuuuuuuuun!

If this ends with Disquard giving Grayven a smile thumbs up I really will rofl!

4. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Gotta love that chaser.

5. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Yes, would be awkward if they started feeding on random ponies in a blood-rage... Especially if their ponified forms lack the necessary equipment to do so.

Yes, it would be very prudent to triple-check everybody's work, too. No taking chances with the young'uns.

And peeking around the kitchen door, the staff stare in amazed shock at his appetitie.

Goes with the territory. The rich part of town always takes advantage of the rich folks...

You're assuming they have any kind of talent for food?

And that's actually a thing? Ugh, food trends suck in Equestira...

And no-one wants to admit that it tastes terrible because they'd be seen as boorish. It's a total "Emperor's New Clothes' scenario!

Yay! Party time... Waait, what's happening?

Oh, boy, what'd he do? Or is it a case of what didn't he do?

Hey, he's got a reputation to establish, after all.

Oh, boy. Too bad they've already eaten, this is something best enjoyed with popcorn.

"Well, not in private. Except maybe Lu-lu. Seriously, those legs? You should see what positions she can manage..."x3

I'm betting the former's parents were musicians, weren't they?:p

Good outlook. And that's a very Apokaliptian point of view.

Oh, this is going to be fun... Well, except for the Mane Six...

And I just remembered: Grayven has full knowlegde of FiM, doesn't he, at least through the seasons he'd seen... Time to see what that out-of-context knowledge can do...

Ah, her Gem-gathering talent. Hope she did everything above-board...

Is Rarity going to need a lawyer, or can she get a pardon from Luna?

Oh, man, where's this going, I wonder?

Oh, yes... The Diamond Dog incident...

<Facepalm> Something the show paid very little attention too, outside of Griffons, Dragons and the Diamond Dogs...

Oh, god, Grayven is trolling them using the law itself? Truly he is evil.

Oh, hey, that likely means Rarity can't just get Luna to pardon her, either...

Ah, bringing real-world logic into cartoons.

Oh, dear oh dear... Didn't she and Spike kind of terrorize them into surrendering?:D

Wow, this could have some major fallout,.

What now, I wonder?

:eek:...And no-one ever though to consider that, did they? They just assumed "Oh, he'll pick it up as he goes..." Well, that's a kick in the flank.:p

Hmm... Food Health and Safety service inspection, or maybe an entertainment Union?

And she probably heard that...

Glorious! Grayven goes beyond mere trolling. Are we sure he's not the New God of Trolling, after all? Because seriously, he's living up to that moniker...

6. Baladar

Baladar Know what you're doing yet?

I’d put good money on Fluttershy acting as an unlicensed vet, AJ using chemical products without licenses or with them and labeling her apples as organic, Rainbow for falsified records, and we all know what Pinky has done.

7. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Mr Zoat?
    Can you also include "Reckless Child Endangerment"? I am sure there are various points in there adventures that qualify, but that 1 episode where they showed how Spike and Twilight Sparkle met it always rubbed me a bit wrong that the school/Princess Celestia gave a not yet even an infant still in it's egg of a Sentient creature to a child with barely any training to magicaly experiment on as a test subject. For an Entrance Exam! Literally anything wrong could have happened with all that wild magic shooting out.
    I would really appreciate a mention or something about the Spike investigations to lead to a possible court hearing about the school and any guilty parties.

8. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

How would rainbow blasting him help now? The legal accusations stand.

Also, we need a Discord interaction with him.

9. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

You know... I can't help but feel that Grayven is forgetting rule 0 of actual monarchies.

IE that the rulers are the final arbiters of all laws.

10. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Change "as" to "has".

11. Ganurath

...Mind spelling it out for those who don't have the first two seasons memorized?

Ardy, Vorian, DAT_NOOB and 4 others like this.
  12. Doctor Blood

Doctor Blood The horror! The horror! Moderator

He's already called in the police and CPS. What's next, the Equestrian Revenue Service? (Has Dash ever filed her taxes incorrectly?) How about the Board of Weather Control - do you need a license to practice weather in Equestria? Dash is a dropout, if I remember correctly. The Department of Food and Drugs? (Hope the Apples have a license for the production and sale of magical foodstuffs. Who decided that Zap apples are safe?) The Time Police? Twilight had a bit of an adventure there... after breaking and entering into a secured wing of the Library.

Celestia's reaction when she returns home to Canterlot on fire is going to be something to behold. I'm also looking forward to seeing her reunion with Sunset.

This has been an extremely silly arc, and I love it.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  13. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Honestly Grayven is just lucky these agencies assigned idiots to his complaints.

Because anyone with two brain-cells to rub together would have seen the names, noticed the connection to Luna/Celestia, and then misfiled his complaints somewhere they would never have been found.

14. King0fHearts

King0fHearts Hedonist

Yes but you are forgetting something their entire societies stability is based on the principles of the magic of friendship bleh, them going rules for thee not for me which seems like it might be their version of "let them eat cake" and might make their whole society a little unstable especially as certain members of nobility decide to follow the their diarchs lead.
    You do have a point piss off the entities that have our entire society in their grasp and we rely on to move the goddamn celestial bodies

david, masterofmadness, Ardy and 13 others like this.
  15. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

I've seen a few interesting takes on that in canon. One is that it's supposed to be impossible for a student at that age to hatch the egg. Another was that it wasn't an egg, it was a painted rock. But since Celestia signed off on it it was probably legal in Equestria.
    It would prevent there being more.
    That will be next episode.
    Thank you, corrected.
    I'm not sure if this is modern American politics or not, but you know that America has a messed up tax system by design, right? In most countries it's a lot simpler. I doubt that Dash files her taxes so much as briefly grimaces at the PAYE deduction on her payslip.

16. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Off the top of my head harassment, breaking and entering, trespassing, child endangerment maybe, she likely needs a license for her party cannon, her having pet baby alligator might get her into legal trouble.

17. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

What's that quote about everyone committing three felonies daily?
    There was also that incident where she and Applejack poisoned the entire town. Baked Bads, wasn't it?

Cuchulin, Vanathor, Wheenesss and 2 others like this.
  18. Mr Zoat

I read one fanfic where the Hearth's Warming tale was complete nonsense. What actually happened was that when the three tribes arrived they saw a thriving and prosperous Diamond Dog nation and were so viscerally disgusted that they carried out a campaign of extermination against them.

Twilight found out and covered it up.

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat are you going to show Thorax?

20. SebazuD

SebazuD Experienced.

I hope that when Graven get's hit by the elements they will show him what a dick he's being. And actually make him feel remorse for once.

21. Ganurath

I wonder if this'll result in the Mane 6 becoming temporarily unable to use the Elements of Harmony.

Cuchulin likes this.
  22. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Gravy knows exactly how much of a dick he's being.

That's the entire point.

23. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

As someone who has deliberately stayed away from MLP cannon and fanfic, I find myself very surprised by how much I'm enjoying this.

24. Sorrow

Sorrow Getting sticky.

It's surprisingly good. Even if it is meant as morality tales for children.

25. Mr Zoat

Probably not. Changeling reform hasn't happened yet, so he's just some random AWOL drone.
    As established, the Bearer are unable to use the Elements, due to them being stuck on the Tree.

26. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Yusssss

27. theaceoffire

theaceoffire Versed in the lewd.

Uhh.

Anyone else notice that Graven just ate and dashed?

Even took his guards/stalkers with him, so THEY can't pay...

Simonbob, david, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  28. SebazuD

SebazuD Experienced.

Yes, but he feels no remorse.

One the main things about him is that he loves being an asshole.

So I hope he actually gains some empathy and feels bad for being so shitty.

It's probably not gonna happen if Zoat sees nothing wrong with his character acting like that but I can still hope.

29. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

Well here's the thing.

He's generally an asshole for a reason. Now wether you agree with him that the reason is sufficient or not is obviously up for debate. But for him to regret something like that he'd have to have either changed his mind about the value of the goal, or done more damage than he intended.

This seems unlikely to happen here. Both because he values the goal so highly, and because he's being very precise and controlled about things.

While it's certain that he is doing these things to make people comply with his desires, he's neither breaking the law (unless he did in fact dine and dash), blowing up trivial incidents, or fabricating events. These are legitimate concerns. While his motives are tainted, he's doing something that probably should have been done earlier to prevent exactly this form of attack.

30. Mr Zoat

No, he paid up front. Reread the previous segment.