1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. KillingYouNicely

KillingYouNicely Meh.

Someone forgot that Mother Boxes are perfectly able to scan what a Power Ring can't.

2. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

To some extent, but I think he's also doing something akin to what Discord did when he first got loose, but without the mind control. It's something that'd fit within the context of the MLP:FiM universe.

He's also acting out the fraction of the Anti-Life Equation he possesses, by confronting them with the pain of their mistakes and misdeeds.

3. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

I hope Darkseid is back on his couch when he gets home, having removed the stuff, and congratulates him. Both on surviving the anti-life, removing it, and torturing the ponies as the greatest entertainment he has had in years.

For one of those 'your approval fills me with shame' moments.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  4. zerofarad

zerofarad Know what you're doing yet?

Is this a misspelling of Grayven, a mishearing of Grayven, or a society which prefers adjective names recasting his name in their mould? I actually quite like that last possibility. (But graven what?) Nm, next chapter makes it clear it's pronunciation.

Rule zero of absolute monarchies. Other forms of monarchy may have their own final arbiters; for example, in the UK the law is whatever Parliament (or more specifically the House of Commons) says it is.

5. Alasnuyo

Alasnuyo I am always here

Did Sunset notice that some of the stuff that Grayven was talking about, he couldn't have possibly known unless he was personally there? Unless those are all stuffs that he had discussed with the Mane 6 off-camera?

Ardy, True Ninja, Gilhelmi and 15 others like this.
  6. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

The two aren’t mutually exclusive, you know.

7. RichardWhereat

And that Grayven isn't just a ring slinger. He is a god, mantling conquest. I imagine thst if he views it as conquering their reticence, he could look for magic on his own.

8. Diraniola

Diraniola I trust you know where the happy button is?

Honestly, he wouldn't have to look for magic at all; just scanning for Pinkie would work if the have fully realized bodies.

9. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Welcome to the internet. It can slay both your innocence and ignorance in a single strike.

Twilight isn't the most stable of individuals under normal circumstances. She once flipped out after learning that she may have gotten her favorite librarian fired. This may permanently break her.

10. Oglymogly

Oglymogly I trust you know where the happy button is?

Holy fuck, THAT was the test?! Ignoring whatever was the in universe logic, what the heck were the writers thinking? No wonder there are memes about this, that would have terrorized me as a child. Its the same kind of horror as the Angels from Doctor Who.

Overall though, this is a interesting moral question I could see in a good sci-fi horror story though. Kinda like the Star Trek transponder fan theories.

And I see this revelation affecting the rest of the Mane 6 as well, being accomplices in the act.

11. RichardWhereat

Rainbow Dash brought in one that was depressed, to be killed.

12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Someone forgot that Mother Boxes have a tiny scanning range.

What I meant was that Zoat, as an author, is making things a specific way so his self insert can bash what were previously not, but now are because he changed them to be that way, bad character decisions.

See, contrary to what Zoat put in story, the show was extraordinarily clear that the copies were magical constructs with no real sentience or agency of their own.

He also seems to have forgotten that the constructs forms had started to actively destabilize.

Jaron, oct9010, Enochi and 6 others like this.
  13. RichardWhereat

It's almost as if he's torturing the characters because he wants them to see them hitting him with the elements of harmony, as better than him continuing his crusade of evil.

Huh, now that I think on it, that's exactly what he's doing.

14. zerofarad

zerofarad Know what you're doing yet?

...Whoa. Thanks for linking that test scene; it really clarifies the level of creepiness we're dealing with there.

Far more simple?

15. Doc Sithicus

Doc Sithicus Not too sore, are you?

[​IMG]

16. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

The one that rainbow brought in was the original pinkie pie

17. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

The real Pinkie Pie is dead. She was the second-to-last, the one distracted by Rainbow Dash talking about the balloons. Because she's the one who chooses to spend time with her friends, which was the point of the test. Spend time with her friend Rainbow Dash. Who is telling her to look at balloons. Instead of watching paint dry. Rainbow Dash's interference provided a stimulus the actual Pinkie Pie would fail but that the clone would not. So they killed Pinkie Pie.

18. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

I'm kinda waiting for Pinkie #2 to reveal that she reacted that way because she figured it was how she was supposed to react. If all the Pinkie clones thought the same way then she can't really blame them for doing out of ignorance what she would have done in the same position.

19. NotaWriter

NotaWriter I trust you know where the happy button is?

the real one would not have gone back to the pool and simply died, I think.

The whole test and the killing of clones does seem pretty cringey for a child show

20. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

Maybe Twilight's spell doesn't kill them at all, but SENDS them back to the pool, and the whole gruesome explosive death thing is just a special effect she added because she was sick of Pinkie Pies by this point.
    What if the real Pinkie Pie is still alive and aware in the pool, sad because she's convinced that she wasn't the real one, and missing her friends who she now never gets to see again?

Cuchulin, Grek, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  21. Jack of Olives

Jack of Olives Knows just enough to be dangerous.

Here's a theory for an in-universe (meaning this version of Equestria) explanation of Twilight's actions:

It's possible that the mirror-clones, when they first came out of the pool, lacked a soul (much like Paul/Grayven, did at the start of the series). Assuming that Twilight used a scanning spell on one of the clones it would have come up as 'not a real pony' because of that, which is why she decided to get rid of them all.

The reasons she didn't bother to scan every single one of them for the real Pinkie Pie could be that the spell is too taxing to keep casting, that it would take too long to scan each clone individually (assuming that they could get them to sit still), or even that Twilight just wanted to take care of the problem in one go (edit: one of her 'great-ideas', as it were).

Either way, the clone(s) that did escape would have theoretically developed a soul over the intervening period due to the magic-rich environment that is Equestria; making them 'real'.

But yeah, just a theory by brain cooked up, so feel free to poke holes in it.

22. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

I said Zoat... The Writer... Not Grayver the self insert...

Jaron, Cuchulin, Enochi and 4 others like this.
  23. RichardWhereat

Yes, but your argument was terrible, so I was trying to make it more realistic, and not just more random bashing.

24. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Then Darkseid gives him another anti-life fragment

25. RichardWhereat

You're a monster. Have a snickers.

26. Vlad

Vlad I trust you know where the happy button is?

The problem is they may not see this as EVIL.

Traumatic to them, yes. But everything he has done is true.

He needs to set his sights and threaten innocent bystanders.

P.S. I don' t know how Twilight can resolve the realization that she is a murderer. If I killed a person I would be scared for life.

27. Oglymogly

.... I just had a realization. This is Ponyville. Despite knowing almost nothing about it, I (and Grayven) do know that there WILL eventually be a threat that'll require the Elements. With the 15:1 time dilation effect, he could just check in every few days from the other side and wait for their eventual return. I mean, at 1 month roughly equalling 1 year, its not too onerous a delay.

Grayven isnt just being his normal dickish self to achieve something important like usual. He's terrorizing teenagers(?) rather than waiting a short amount of time. The Bearers have a point in that these "Plunder Vines" pose a wider threat than a 'curse' that only is affecting one person. It IS his life on the line, but he knows he has some time. He's just enjoying this too much to stop.

I knew Grayven was selfish and horrible, but damn. He is doing daddy proud here.

Also, is anyone else kinda scared to find out what Grayven has in his bag of tricks? Cause that escalation curve has been steep.

28. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

You might even be scarred for life, too.

29. varoksa

varoksa Getting sticky.

I feel like this arc should touch on the whole ageless divinity among mortals leads to a whole lot of pain, Celestia has written the pony equivalent of Hurt and all that.

30. Oglymogly

I think he's more likely to seek out other options that could help him first. Now, if those options also pose threat to ponies at large, oh well. I think thats where Discord will come in.

Its not just that she killed potential people. What makes it hurt is that she killed them for being distracted from watching paint dry. Not to mention that they were poster children for A.D.D. That scene gave me flash backs to Stephen King's "The Long Walk" in terms of inevitable senseless death.

Heck, the whole 'test' screams to me "We're keeping the one who'll annoy me the least."