1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

The Council's Road, Not Taken (Kaguya-sama/Oregairu Spinoff)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by ZeroXSEED, Jan 13, 2020.

1. ZeroXSEED

ZeroXSEED Closet Pervert

Nah, Your relationship with father had yet to deteriorate, in fanfic proper it happened sometimes before reconciliation with Momo.

Momo never created her own club and thus never have a fight/distant period with you, so things could possibly change depend on how you treat Father, for the better or worse.

Also I'll have to start working with the status...

Cuchulin likes this.
  2. ShadowStrykerX

ShadowStrykerX Getting some practice in, huh?

[X] Focus on Miyuki and Ryuju, with you standing in the background (By Kose)
    [X] Make the poster look serious and cool, like an action movie poster. (By Ryuju)

This makes Hachiman look more like the movie villain or something.

Well shit. Looks like I was late to the party.

Cuchulin likes this.
  3. ZeroXSEED

ZeroXSEED Closet Pervert

A bit late to the voting lol, already posted an update.

4. Nnu

Nnu Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Fetch Komachi later when she's done and cook something nice for her for the time being

Cuchulin likes this.
  5. ShadowStrykerX

ShadowStrykerX Getting some practice in, huh?

[X] Fetch Komachi later when she's done and cook something nice for her for the time being

Cuchulin likes this.
  6. BooksRFme

BooksRFme A reader

Cuchulin likes this.
  7. TriGayatri

TriGayatri Lewd Imouto

So basically it will deteriorate if we keep ignoring him?

Cuchulin likes this.
  8. Cane Toad

Cane Toad I trust you know where the happy button is?

Tremble before Hatchiman's culinary skill!

Cuchulin likes this.
  9. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

For 8man spending time with his sister or his father isn't really a choice, Komachi-chan always comes first!

BB54 and Cane Toad like this.
  10. BB54

BB54 Getting out there.

Cuchulin likes this.
  11. 1986ctcel

1986ctcel Connoisseur.

[X] Go to Father's workplace and help with whatever you can

12. xyztama

xyztama Smile of Happiness

[x] Go to Father's workplace and help with whatever you can

13. CloLag01

CloLag01 Getting out there.

Something a bit different

14. Lucidum

Lucidum Verifiably Bored

15. Kerrowe

Kerrowe Getting sticky.

Cuchulin likes this.
  16. inlurkshadow

inlurkshadow Making the rounds.

Cuchulin likes this.
  17. Threadmarks: Chapter 3.5
    ZeroXSEED

ZeroXSEED Closet Pervert

Less and less people voted, I hope this quest isn't going to die soon.

Vote Tally : The Council's Road, Not Taken (Kaguya-sama/Oregairu Spinoff) | Page 16 | Questionable Questing
    ##### NetTally 1.6.0

No. of Votes: 8
    Nnu
    BB54
    BooksRFme
    Cane Toad
    Cuchulin
    inlurkshadow
    Kerrowe
    ShadowStrykerX

No. of Votes: 6
    Achagoya0072
    1986ctcel
    CloLag01
    Lucidum
    ScarletCloud
    TriGayatri

Total No. of Voters: 14

You decide to simply wait for your sister as you go home and went into a shopping spree and cooking a lot of stuff at the same time.

If your guess isn't off, then it's very likely that Father will tag along with Komachi and come to spend the night, he hasn't come to visit this week anyway, though your mother came twice on Tuesday and Thursday night.

Even if you have leftovers, you can just stuff them in the fridge for tomorrow.

Must cook more!

Reminded by your experience yesterday, you decide to cook in the most hearty way possible, that is, the Japanese way. Miso boiled fish should be a good choice to replenish an empty stomach.

Your phone rings when you almost finish the preparation for cutting the fish, it's not frozen though it's kept in ice. Much easier to deal with than live fish.

[Hy, Hikigaya-san, what are you doing at the moment?]"

You feel a little confused when you look at the sender, which is Kose. You reply to her you're cooking for dinner, and ask if she's messaging you as part of some kind of punishment game.

After being rejected eleven times and bullied as consequences of failed confession, you become somewhat paranoid when a girl message you without a clear intent. Always assume the worst, that way you can never be disappointed and kill yourself! Brilliant!

Thankfully she replies it's not punishment game, but she's just about done with poster editing and want to tell, but she doesn't want to come off as too stiff and to the point. She's working together with Kino, as they have a sleepover.

[Why are you assuming it's a punishment game anyway?] She types in curiosity.

You truthfully answer, [Because it happened before, that's why I asked.]

Kose says that she can't imagine anyone being that cruel, but she's probably too kind and naive to do such thing, intentionally anyway.

But she decides to simply dig deeper, [What even are you cooking?]

[Miso-boiled Mackerel.]

[For real?! The same menu as Yayoiken? What brand of Miso are you using? Dark miso or light miso? What about the proportion with the seasoning?]

[Obviously Red Miso, and the brand... is that even important?]

A string of rant came out in response to that, which makes you chuckle a bit. Second only to Shinomiya, this girl probably only have Miso in mind.

[Picking red miso is the correct choice because the strong taste and aroma balance out the high protein content in fish and meat, but do you know what other types are?]

[Let me guess, use hatcho miso for heavy stew and braising?] You guess ahead, [That's the basic.]

Hatcho miso is a type of dark miso that's made of 100% soybean, as opposed to mixtures. Hatcho miso has an extremely concentrated taste and thus best used in small quantities.

[Wow, I don't think many boys would know so much about cooking, let alone miso in particular.]

You want to say that's kind of sexist, if not for the fact that it's particularly true for the wealthy boys of Shuchiin. How many of them cook for themselves? Miyuki is the only other boy who cooks for an entire household.

[Miyuki does, in some aspect, he's way better cook than me.]

Immediately afterward you get bombarded e-mail courtesy of Kino who joins the fray after being silent for a while.

[Really?! Not only he's academically perfect, majestic, athletic and handsome but he's also cooks?! As expected, no one else is worthy of standing besides Kaguya-sama!]

[Drop the anchor now, Kino. That ship isn't sailing anytime soon because both of them would be too busy to date anyone at the moment.] You tell her off.

That and if your impression isn't wrong, Shinomiya Kaguya is as prideful as Miyuki is, in the chance that Miyuki had his obsession reciprocated, then Shinomiya would be too stubborn to confess.

[You tell him, Hikigaya-san!] Kose definitely laughs her ass off across the phone.

[I suppose the best time for that to happen would be during the Devoted Heart festival.] Kino dejectedly compromises.

...this is turning into a weird e-mail thread again, like the one you have with Kashiwagi before, but twice as tedious to read. LINE is probably easier to use at this point. You can just imagine that Kino and Kose basically staring at each other's phones at the moment.

Come to think of it, your conversational skill definitely improves since Junior high. Maybe that's the reason why girls stop ignoring you like before.

That or maybe because back then, you were creepy and full of ulterior motives, unlike now, where you presented yourself as someone who simply open to inane conversation, but rarely starting it yourself unless you need to.

That's why it's unlikely for these girls to fall in love with you. Your type of approach means they'll just use you as a rebound, or worse, kicked into a permanent friendzone. But you don't mind, the road to House husbandry isn't an easy path, nor exceptionally romantic and smelling roses.

[Hey, send us the pics if you're done. I'll be the judge.]

Unlike Miyuki, you have no drive to aim high obsessively and destroying yourself in the process of pursuing it. It's not worth the effort.

[Picture sent.]

Unexpectedly, it's not just your father who came in to crash down, but your mother also comes. Scenes like this, you wouldn't dare to dream.

Back then, they're so busy that they left to work before you wake up and came back home after you sleep.

"Actually, today I tried riding a moped. It's surprisingly easy to navigate Tokyo on a bike, and I can save time going back and forth to Chiba every day." He raises his thumb, "I'm going to buy one."

It takes roughly one and a half hour trip walking and then riding on a train from his workplace to your house in Chiba, and vice versa. That's three hours spent every day on transit alone!

With a motorcycle, through the standard toll and riding at a safe speed, it should take 45 minutes, more or less. So that's almost half the time cut on traveling.

"Yeah, if you accept 7 times mortal accident rate compared to cars, motorcycle seems to be a lot more convenient. Also, get a license, idiot." You sarcastically scold him, "Mother needs to say something too."

Your mother is barely lucid, at this rate she's going to fall asleep in the middle of dinner!

"Don't worry, I'm doing research for a drama project, collaboration with male idols production office." Your father says, "It's about a biker gang member who found love."

You legitimately want to belch in disgust. Your father, idiotic as he can be, is truly dedicated Producer that willing to go hands-on in everything. Even something minor and moderately dangerous like this...

"Well, Hachiman is too spineless to break any law so you can't use him as a model, sadly." Your mother wakes up from her half slumber and yawn, "Wow, this dinner is festive."

"Is there a need for you to insult me like that?"

You should be praised instead!

"Whoa, Onii-chan definitely go all out this time around." Komachi praises you, "Amazing, Onii-chan. Even the smell is delicious!"

"Delicious." Your mother and father also say in sync.

"I'm legitimately sad that my own son cooks better than me." Your mother slams her face to the table in despair.

"I'm certain he cooks better than his female classmates at this point." Your father raises his hands in delight, even though he's not exceptionally religious.

"Well yeah, compared to me you can't cook to save your life." You tell him, which makes him look away in shame. Needless to say, Hikigaya patriarch is the worst cook in the family.

"Oh, by the way, the Sports festival is in a week right?" The father suddenly remembers, "I'll definitely come to watch."

"Don't." You tell him.

"Why?!"

"You know damn well why."

You still have a grudge about the festival in third-year junior high, when you made a mistake and get laughed at, your parents and Komachi left elsewhere.

Now that you become elite Shuchiin scholarship students and also living alone, you basically get to flex and guilt-trip your parents without worry. Awkward atmosphere? Who cares. our house, your rules!

"I'm serious though." Your father insists, "I'll be honest, it's actually something that my boss recommend me, but even without that, I already planned to take a break regardless."

One of the big sponsors of Father's Production office is the Saionji group and said sponsor's daughter is also a student of Shuchiin, as well as an Idol. It makes a lot of sense that said sponsor convinces Father's boss to give him a mandatory leave for this once a year occasion.

Speaking of which, said student is Saionji Kotoka, an upperclassman. You haven't really met her before, simply because you never have the intention to (as you avoid anything idol related in the first semester). Just like Shinomiya, it's one of Japan's big four Zaibatsu family.

"What about you, mother?" Komachi asks.

"Mother will also come, the thing is I'll also go on a week business trip to Okinawa later, it will be an evening flight." Your mother calmly says, but her voice wavers.

"...Well, that complicates things." Your father twitch.

Back then, they don't really have to worry about going on business trips because you and Komachi live together. But now? Their children live separately, and no way in hell they'll leave Komachi alone in Chiba.

Not only she's a cute girl, but she's also 13 years old!

"Then I'll be sure to come back home every day." You tell her.

"Wouldn't that be tough?" Your parents, for the first time since... you actually don't remember the last time they did, but they clearly show concern when you propose that idea.

"It's just 30 minutes riding via a toll road, I can manage."

Anything for your lovely little sister.

"...I should get a motorcycle license soon." Your father decides as he drinks the homemade kvass you brew, and your mother is the same.

"Oh, by the way, wanna go somewhere tomorrow? Coming home early is a rarity for us after all." Your mother suddenly says.

"That's true actually." Your father nods furiously, "Let's go somewhere, anywhere."

"Don't you guys need to catch up on sleep?" You question them, not that you don't appreciate the attempt to mend things...

"Sleep is for the weak, MORE!" Your father shouts as he raises his now empty glass. To get drunk from this you'll need to drink by the gallon, so he's simply acting the part.

That or your father almost as sleepy as your mother, so he acts like a drunkard. They'll definitely hit the bed the moment they walk away from the dining table.

Oh well, maybe you can introduce a few smaller, less crowded theme parks in Tokyo?

If nothing else, Komachi is really happy today. For children, nothing makes them happier than sharing the same dining table as their parents.

And you're no exception.

CHAPTER 4

The new article and poster published by Newspaper Club are making a big hit, especially the incredibly exaggerated moviesque promotional poster.

In just a single day, you seem to gain more recognition than before, and frankly speaking, you wonder if you deserve it.

At the very least, everyone begins to know you as someone who hangs out a lot with Miyuki and Ryuju. It's probably not a stretch to say this introduction of the new club boosted your popularity by twofold.

Right on the first day of the announcement, there's a literal horde of students coming to visit and doing a trial period.

Some people came to visit because they're curious about Miyuki's membership. They don't know Miyuki is a ghost member, but even then, the existence of Ryuju Momo by herself is a great filter for the spineless scrubs.

The trial period composed of small running activities, forest navigation, and finally, gun safety courses and shooting games. Principal purposely made it clear that the Survival Game club isn't a place to fool around as it's very, very dangerous, though it will be fun once they learn properly and get into real firefights.

This Trial period, in your humble opinion, has a perfect balance of fun and serious factor, but even then, the majority of the students either lose interest or simply feel satisfied enough and leave.

You know recruitment isn't going to be easy but still...

Three male students decided to stick to the end and want to join the club, though you haven't really talked with them about their motives. To be honest, you're somewhat conflicted.

• HAYATO HONGO
      Social Rank: 3
      Academic Rank: 44
      Charisma: 8 (He's very handsome and charming)
      Manliness: 7 (Confident and self assured)
      Athleticism: 7 (Good)
      Shooting: 5 (Mediocre)
      Quirk: Unknown

• TANUMA TSUBASA
      Social Rank: 3+
      Academic Rank: 128
      Charisma: 7 (Good looking but a little plain)
      Manliness: 4 (Rather meek)
      Athleticism: 5 (Mediocre)
      Shooting: 6 (Average)

• TOYOSAKI SABURO
      Social Rank: 3
      Academic Rank: 6
      Charisma: 6 (Average)
      Manliness: 7 (Confident and self assured)
      Athleticism: 6 (Average)
      Shooting: 9 (Excellent)

On the other hand, the club is precarious as it is, on the other hand, getting troublesome members also a pain in the ass. Momo said she can investigate them, very, very covertly.

Should you do a private investigation?
    [ ] Yes, and see if they really know what they're getting into.
    [ ] No, let them join regardless.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Taisei, Kildar, meri and 37 others like this.
  18. TriGayatri

TriGayatri Lewd Imouto

[X] Yes, and see if they really know what they're getting into.

I don't know if fuckin Momo can do anything covertly, but eh, she's the Yakuza princess. Also Shuchiin club politics is something hardcore.

Cuchulin likes this.
  19. Achagoya0072

Achagoya0072 Know what you're doing yet?

[x] Yes, and see if they really know what they're getting into.
    If two students stick to the end why is there 3 listed

Cuchulin likes this.
  20. Him01

Him01 Not too sore, are you?

With Tsubasa in the Club, that plotline with Maki and Kashiwagi would strike sooner or later.
    Also, he's not going to be one of the three students who has done the deed.....maybe

Cuchulin and drake_azathoth like this.
  21. Caladcholg

Caladcholg Getting out there.

Cuchulin likes this.
  22. blakekeane

blakekeane Versed in the lewd.

Cuchulin likes this.
  23. Drey

Drey Versed in the lewd.

Cuchulin likes this.
  24. Nnu

Nnu Know what you're doing yet?

[X] Yes, and see if they really know what they're getting into

Cuchulin likes this.
  25. eraserman

eraserman Drone

Cuchulin likes this.
  26. CloLag01

CloLag01 Getting out there.

Cuchulin likes this.
  27. Kravenmato

Kravenmato Getting sticky.

This is Shuchiin and we have Momo in the club. We cannot let them just join on trust alone.

Cuchulin likes this.
  28. Lector312

Lector312 Not too sore, are you?

Cuchulin likes this.
  29. CookieSideUser

CookieSideUser Not too sore, are you?

Cuchulin likes this.
  30. bastur2

bastur2 Versed in the lewd.

Maybe we should get more Momo votes... for me, at least, it would help.

jokes aside, I just didn't see much difference in the last votes for the end that I am looking for.

That said, lets enter the vote wagon.

[x] Yes, and see if they really know what they're getting into.

edit.

What is Hiki current character sheet ?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Cuchulin likes this.