1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Why is he adopting her, not Xavier? Isn't she already at his school?

2. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Yeah, that's not creepy at all. Paul's right to be worried that the court might refuse his application.

WargWolf, BBJimmy, gustyeagle and 9 others like this.
  3. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

Could be she hasn't been located by Cerebro and the X-Men haven't shown up to recruit her yet?
    And yet, we rarely, if ever, see Iron Man or any of the Avengers put a stop to any of the more extreme anti-mutant atrocities.

4. Kalem_Lee

Kalem_Lee Well worn.

Steve Rogers Man of Perspective.

5. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

The Anthony thing is weird.
    I know that Paul doesn't do nicknames, but Anthony Stark is Tony's dad.
    Not in a 'Please, Mr Stark is my father, call me Tony' way, either. This is more like Johnathan and his son John.

Edit: Totally forgot that Tony's dad's name is Howard Stark, not Anthony Stark.
    No idea what I was on about.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
  6. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Just because he isn't prejudiced him self doesn't mean it bothers him enough to do anything about it. Historically the rich and powerful rarely directly persecute minority groups, mostly they tend to stand back and benefit from it. Also between running his company, being a billionaire playboy, being a Avenger and building new armors Tony has a lot on his plate.

7. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Because shortly before I started writing this I read a comic which... Put a certain slant on her first meeting with Xavier. An Orange Lantern usually wants to deal with problems themselves anyway.
    At this point she probably is, because he didn't want her to miss any more school while he tried to resolve the situation.
    Yeah.

8. Sorrow

Sorrow Getting sticky.

_The_Bomb, Relyt33, Vorian and 3 others like this.
  9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Beautiful.
    She is going to have a power ring wielder as a father and a goddess of death as a mother, truly any boyfriend she brings home is going to be one brave one if he knows this.

Zoat does this version of the SI look like someone in his late teens or early twenties like the mainline version, or does he look a bit older?
    I think you, or someone else said that he looks slightly older because his teammates are all adults and he changed to fit in?

Was Tony's reactions because of Sublime?

10. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Better question, why is she 15 to 20 years younger then the other comparably aged X-Men.

transhumansage likes this.
  11. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

No-one likes going to court. It's awkward and depending on the conditions, you're stuck up in front of several dozen strangers minimum like a turkey on display. That'd make anyone uncomfortable...

It's okay to be worried. You're concerned for someone else. Honestly, The amount of Compassion flying about I doubt you'd be able to use the Ring at all.

Stop trying to help, Tony, you're only making the nerves worse...

And he's not even on trial...

Oof. Yeah, I can see people being concerned about that sort of thing. Especially a 'freaky glowing guy'...

Ah, the voice of good sense.

So, how many times did he have to tell you to call him Steve before it started to feel natural?:p

Given who we're talking about, I'd say they're glad she's gone from their lives.

Man, there are some messed up things in History...

Yeah, Tony isn't good at the whole 'de-escalation' thing, in conversations or combat...

And that's why they're not a thing anymore...

And I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have become Captain America, either... Well, it'd be less likely...

By nature, Tony is cynical, it's how he gets through life. As for the issues with adoptions, better to hamper one or two good ones than let the bad ones go unhindered...

Not really a new thing, is it?

You could sound a little more concerned about that, you know...

And yet people like the Avengers are lauded, while Mutants and more ambiguous guys like Spiderman get hassled... The Marvel Universe humans are dumb... And it's not all to blame on the Sublime life-form.

It doesn't help that some of the most vocal, out-there mutants are terrorists who proclaim Mutant-kind's 'Destiny' is to supplant Humanity... Or the guys running around fighting them.

Huh. That must have been an awkward puberty for her...

Guessing she hasn't got any actual powers other than the life-draining yet.

Yeah, hopefully she ends up in a better state of mind here, with someone who can handle her powers.

Presumably in this universe, Paul picked up the report on an unusual coma case, and intervened to protect Anna. I expect she spends most of her time studying at the Xavier Institute?
    (And ninja'd by the author...)

Having a parental figure who doesn't hate her or want to use her powers for good or ill? Why would she be hesitant? I mean, I know she's probably nervous, but...

Have faith it'll turn out well, not fear that something will go wrong...

Admittedly, this could be more difficult if Paul here tweaked his body like most versions do. I imagine the public are confused as to why the late-teens guy is trying to adopt a girl of maybe fifteen.

12. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Ah, but he doesn’t have any reason to lie about his age without a teenaged in-group.

13. Mr Zoat

He's heard of them. That's about it.
    A bit older.
    Every baseline human has their reactions to everything slightly shaded by Sublime.

14. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Except exhibitionists.

15. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

Come to think of it, that's actually a relatively good reason to have a more serious investigation of plane crashes.
    Care to elaborate on exactly what you think is creepy?

16. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

Most of the other powers, as I recall, came from her having drained Carol Danvers at one point, right? In the EMH timeline that isn't possible yet; Carol doesn't get gifted powers by Mar-Vell until partway through Season 2...

Because one of the moral panics du jour is that an adult man can only look at an underage woman if he's sizing her up for sexual explotation, let alone if he's trying to adopt her.

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Paul looks like a young adult in this universe.
    I know Zoat said he looks a bit older, but probably looks like he is in his mid twenties at best.
    A man that young adopting a teenage girl is going to become suspicious.

Zoat has this version of Paul already started dating Hela?
    You said that it was unlikely he would stay in her realm if he had a daughter to look after?

Cuchulin likes this.
  18. Mr Zoat

I haven't plotted that out yet.

19. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Realistically speaking Paul would have absolutely zero chance of successfully adopting Rogue.

Let's look at the various disqualifying facts.

He has a high risk job.

His job will keep him away from home for days at a time.

He's both single and male.

He doesn't have US citizenship yet.

He has almost no history.

20. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

He's also an Avenger and Tony's rich enough to toss as many lawyers at the problem as they need.

21. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

He is a Superhero, a very rich and attractive Superhero, normal rules dont really apply here.

22. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

This is happening before Paul reached out to Magneto right? Because otherwise I'd expect him to comment something about the weirdness surrounding normies reaction to mutants.

23. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Mr Zoat, is there any particular reason for there to be quotation marks around the term power ring? Does Tony disagree with the term or something?

How many people actually know Wasp is a mutant? Was Paul the first one to figure it out? Did he get that confirmed by Professor X? Also, does that revelation change anything?

Cuchulin, Ardy and Prince Charon like this.
  24. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

It’s probably a bit too close to magic for his liking - considering Hela made a thing to power it.

25. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

If it's like in Ultimates only Hank Pym knows, because he helped her cover her being a mutant up, by claiming her powers are a result of his shrinking/growth serum, when he actually based it on her.

26. Mr Zoat

It was supposed to. I wrote it long enough ago that I don't remember the dates.
    Anthony 'Iron Man' Stark thinks that it sounds silly.
    Henry Pym.
    'Figure it out' is a generous way to describe a ring scan.
    No. Why would he?
    It would tank her career if it became more widely known. Also, it puts her in danger of getting outed.

27. FreeGod

FreeGod If you see a God on the road fuck it!

Actually why didn't he do that? I got the impression that it was automatic with Paul having a orange ring. It works off his wants not his will.

28. Adrian Nightshade

Adrian Nightshade Making the rounds.

What are you talking about? Tony’s dad is Howard Stark, not Anthony Stark.

29. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

Probably has less precise control since he’s powering it with a gap between dimensions

Cuchulin, Darko and Prince Charon like this.
  30. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Because she’s completely dependent on him for physical contact, and that would make her very vulnerable to grooming and sexual abuse by him?

Gantradies, BBJimmy, Cuchulin and 5 others like this.