1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

...How much is Emma exaggerating there? I'm kind of curious as to what the actual excuse was.

2. WaleXdraK

WaleXdraK Not too sore, are you?

I’m sorry to bother but could someone link me to the Marvel snippet with Hela? I found the one with Magneto easily but impossible to find the first even while using the search tool.

Prince Charon likes this.
  3. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

Specifically, at least in the comics, Tony's father's full name is Howard Anthony Walter Stark, and Tony's full name is Anthony Edward Stark. In the EMH continuity that this is set in, Tony's name is still Anthony Edward Stark, and we don't know if the Howard Stark of that Earth has any middle names. Either way, Paul calling Tony 'Anthony' is reasonable, as that's literally his first name, while Tony is a nickname.

Ouch! Relatively consistent with the facts, though. I mean, there's probably some exaggeration, but the general treatment of mutants by the 616-USA government, and little or no help coming from the Avengers most of the time, are why I'm less annoyed by AvX than I am by Civil War. Not a lot less, AvX had serious problems too, but less.

Gantradies, Cuchulin, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  4. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

Here

Jaron, dogbertcarroll, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

While people may be apprehensive about Paul adopting someone remember he is friends with both Tony Stark and Steve Rogers, both very famous and influential men who can quite easily sway the public and he could have become an extremely influential and beloved superhero by himself as well as mining asteroids for gold so he could hire the best lawyers on the planet to represent him and his case.

6. Flux Casey

Flux Casey The Colonel

I mean yes but it's also generally a little disrespectful to refuse to call someone by the name they go by. But that's been an aspect of this fic since "Wallace", though at least then he had a reason for it.

7. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

I couldn't find any of the various Marvel universe related chapters when I went through the Omake list. Could you tell me where to look?
    What made him look older. Isn't it the same template of Paul Prime? Shouldn't he have undergone the same transformation, seeing how it happened in orbit before he knew what planet he was orbiting?
    What made him look older. Isn't it the same template of Paul Prime? Shouldn't he have undergone the same transformation, seeing how it happened in orbit before he knew what planet he was orbiting?
    What's Sublime?

Bramble Thorn and Darko like this.
  8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Flux i am pretty sure that using a bit of disrespect hen dealing with Tony is a good idea.

Rafin this version looks older because his teammates are all adults and he wants to fit in so the ring changed how he looked.
    He probably still looks young, but more along the lines of young adult rather than teenager like the mainline one does.
    Sublime is this sapient bacteria that has existed for possibly billions of years. It has lived in human hosts but when mutants, who he couldn't inhabit, started showing up it got worried that he would lose all his hosts and die so he nudged the hatred humans have toward mutants.

Gantradies, BBJimmy, Cuchulin and 3 others like this.
  9. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Sapient bacterial consciousness that has possessed every life form on Marvel Earth since the dawn of time except for mutants, whose immune system is too much for it.

Major case of mutant envy.

Also, either That Which Endures is Sublime by another name, or Marvel has in fact two possessing infections from the dawn of time that has possessed every life form on Earth except mutants with a major case of mutant envy.

Edit- It gets weirder. Sublime has a "sister" who went technoorganic.

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat this recent Marvel update got me thinking about Gaea.

Do other mother goddesses like Gaea exist on earth 16, by that i mean those that were considered somewhat primordial, ancient and probably gave birth to the other gods, like most of their pantheon, goddesses like Danu, Coatlicue and other such goddesses do they exit on earth 16?

Gantradies, DrThoth and david like this.
  11. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Then, I'd guess.

12. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

No, I think he means 'them,' as in 'the kids.'

Mr Zoat likes this.
  13. MadMarx420

MadMarx420 Not too sore, are you?

Does he have any plans on dealing with Sublime?

caspian1a, Darko and Prince Charon like this.
  14. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

I think Sublime is one of the stupidest things Marvel has invented. There is at least four reality warpers that are mutants, how he has still survived is only because the plot says so.

Also, reality warping mutants is a way better reason to fear mutants that a smart virus.

Not to mention Magneto in his early years did more to ruin Mutants reputation that anyone else.

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He seems to be working with Magneto for beating Sublime.

Yeah a reality warper who thinks that humans will always hate mutants and is subtly influencing reality to be like that makes a lot more sense than Sublime.
    Plus people like Magneto who want to wipe out humans or enslave them really have damaged the reputation of mutants.

Gantradies, Ngamer11 and Cuchulin like this.
  16. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No idea.
    He's not even sure that Sublime exists at this point. Once he's sure that something is going on he gets in contact with Mr Lehnsherr, who is capable of investigating further.

17. Wheenesss

Wheenesss Versed in the lewd.

Time to update the list of Pauls.

1. Paragon SI = Earth 16A (Young Justice), eventually becomes the "Future SI" briefly seen in Fool's Canon
    2. Renegade SI/"Grayven" = Earth16B (Young Justice)
    3. "Peter Wynne" = Earth 12 (DC Animated Universe)
    4. Red Lantern = Earth ??? (Teen Titans 2003)
    5. "Saul Talbot" = Earth ??? (The Boys)
    6. Power Ring Blue = Earth -14 (unseen universe from the DCAU's version of COTE)
    7. Avenger SI = Earth 8096 (Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
    8. S.W.O.R.D. SI = Earth 199999 (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
    9. Mandate SI/Time Trapper = Earth 16C (alt-timeline caused by time travel)
    10. Anti-Green Lantern/Slave SI = Earth ??? (Justice League Animated Pitch)
    11. Eros Paragon SI = Earth 16D (Young Justice)
    12. Sybarite = Earth ??? (unknown incarnation of DC

13. Survivor SI = Earth ??? (Fallout)
    14. Eternian SI = ??? (He-Man 2002 Animated Series)

18. Aeess

There is also the common sense SI on Earth 16 and Zoat mentioned a black lantern vampire SI on Buffy Earth.

Wheenesss, Jaron, Ngamer11 and 7 others like this.
  19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Sybarite is from an earth 16 version where he ate an incubus and continued eating demons to maintain ring charge instead of getting a lantern

20. Wheenesss

Wheenesss Versed in the lewd.

Common Sense SI isn’t a linear timeline tho. It’s just various ‘what if’ scenarios where Paul or someone else chose to not be an idiot for the sake of the plot.

21. Aeess

It actually is, for example him solving Alan's need for a battery was only possible, because his first appearance caused him to be friendlier with Hal Jordan. He was also only able to date the mother of Artemis because he was open about his age from the beginning.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  22. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

That's basically how Renegade started. As 'what if' scenarios on what would happen if the SI was more aggressive early on and it spiraled out from there into it's own thing.

23. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

The Parent Teacher Conference ought to be a VERY interesting one.

And if Gambit's around, I'm sure he'll be recieving a VERY stern warning about any behavior towards Paul's adopted daughter.
    So one could say Sublime might be the reason most human heroes are more concerned other, more "important" matters, (like a broken Quinjet), than protecting a horribly oppressed Mutantkind.

I rather look forward to an absolutely FURIOUS Paul showing Alpha Flight all the secret death camps in Canada that they somehow weren't aware of, especially once he removes Sublime from their systems.

24. Emizaquel

Emizaquel What is a self?

Actually, when are the common sense segments? I managed to find one but I don't know where the rest are.

25. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

I... Don't think those are actually a thing in this setting.

26. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

The difference being that Renegade is actually interesting. Common Sense Paul is so ridiculously OP that regular updates would get boring.

Darko likes this.
  27. TheDudeMan400

TheDudeMan400 Getting out there.

Can I get a link to Marvel SI interlude with Magneto in it?

28. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

29. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

It's Marvel Canada we're taking about here.

Odds are, they have at least ONE secret death camp.

30. PDV

PDV Revelation That Uncertainty Is Itself An Answer

"Baseline"... Is Steve immune?

nick012000 and DrThoth like this.