1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Luna’s about to get slapped in the face with her memories of getting rejected by regular ponies, transforming into Nightmare Moon, then being betrayed and imprisoned by her sister, isn’t she? “Life=Pain” pretty much sums up that whole sequence of events.

2. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Night is a Primordial concept.

Metaphysics wise she should be way way out of Grayven's league.

And that's before you take into account that Primordial concepts, by their very nature, can't be conquered.

3. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Time to bond over corrupting influence trauma!!

Alexandercctv and Thrackerzod like this.
  4. zerofarad

zerofarad Know what you're doing yet?

For reasons unknown to me the short form of "Princess Mi Amore Cadenza" is "Princess Cadance", spelled like a dance rather than like a cadence. (I guess unless you've changed it for your version.)

This part of the chapter switches from sans-serif to serif. Given the sudden intrusion it might be a literary effect, but then again it might not.

5. Korfayron

Korfayron Making the rounds.

No no no, Grayven is Conquering the position of Best Dad.

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat is it possible for New Gods to posses more than one Domain like Old Gods can?

Alexandercctv and Navi-Hank like this.
  7. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

As has been said, she recently spent a lot of time dominated, and then overcome with outside power. That's the mantle of conquest twice over.

FAQ WAD is that?

Ardy, Navi-Hank and SemiAnarchist like this.
  8. Xelloss

Xelloss Know what you're doing yet?

RIP Zelasny, one of my favourite authors.
    Still wish he had made his third serie of the Chronicles of Amber.
    For those who don't know of him, his writing gimmick was to reimagine various mythologies, it's definitively worth having a look.

9. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

A certain kind of a clever person tends to try to find horrific consequences where they don't necessarily exist.
    Maybe there's a reason besides great scenery for canterlot's location?
    Also, Grayven's dream plan:

10. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

I disagree. She was freed via the elements which are pretty clear about being Harmony, and if she was sealed via conquest...

Well, I mean if that's the case then good on Celestia! Sure after a thousand years history is whatever you say of it, but to seal away her sister to gain sole control of Equestria and then still maintain a good relationship with said sister once she was freed? Truly, well done.

11. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

There is no relation actually.

The Infinity Formula was invented by Sir Isaac Newton, it's a weaker version of his own Elixir of Life.

You might be thinking of Mockingbird though, who got an injection that combined both the Infinity Formula and the Super Soldier Serum, a combination that gave her superstrength, agility, and a healing factor.

Harry Osborn also got dosed with a combination of the Super Soldier Serum and the Goblin Formula to make him American Son, which if nothing else combined the smart drug natures of both formulas to make him even smarter than his old man.

12. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Fair enough, thanks for the info

13. WaleXdraK

WaleXdraK Not too sore, are you?

So the snippet of him talking with Magneto is from a future PoV? And yeah between him knowing about the possible existence of Sublime and actually finding which microbes is the one would take some time and a bunch of ring scan on tests subject (both standard human and mutant).

Navi-Hank, Darko and DAT_NOOB like this.
  14. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

I just realized we were in QQ..... Soooooo will there be some horsing around with Luna.
    Privacy in your own mind.:sneaky:

Wild Transient, Darko and DAT_NOOB like this.
  15. farsan

farsan Ambulant Reader

If she didn't plan to steal anything, she is just a SNEAK SPY.

16. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Ring, scan for SMART parasitic life forms on Earth. Smart as defined by being as intelligence as a human or more.

Yes Marvel has more than one of those, but then he can keep adding filters.

PORTABLE POWER SOURCE THAT CAN FEED A WHOLE CITY OR SMALL TOWN FOR YEARS!

"Tony, just the power source alone would make it so we say goodbye to fuel based cars and trucks at the very least. And that just making cheaper versions that are not good as the ones you use in your armors."

"Yes, and next day after I start selling cheaper Arc reactors everyone and their mother finally has an efficient way to power all those Iron Man wannabes armors."

"The Beetle is not based on your tech at all."

"The what?"

"Guy in power armor, almost defeated ALL THE AVENGERS TWICE, that guy? And he did so on a BUDGET! His armor is like three times cheaper than yours. Doesn't it hurt, being so inefficient?"

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  17. Emizaquel

Emizaquel What is a self?

Isn't MCU Tony working on Arc Reactor power stations? I don't know about the comics universe to say more, but large scale clean and cheap power makes sense with Tony's fears and it still does some good.

18. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Damn

19. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

So just like every other major post-industrial city in existence.
    You do not put farmland inside your cities, not until your tech makes vertical farming viable.
    You do not mine minerals under you cities, largely because mines run out and tend to do so long before you get cities worthy of the name. Also the whole subsidence issue.

If he wants to talk about supply inefficiency then the literal flying city is a far more deserving target.

Critically though, Grayven is trying to apply human logistics to ponies. One pegasus with a flying wagon can haul a ton or more of stuff a hundred kilometres in a day. Canterlot and Cloudsdale were being supplied perfectly fine centuries before railways became a thing.
    Changing tech might mean their placement is no longer optimal but by the same token further development (teleportation, portals, etc) will render their location irrelevant.

He invaded their country, assaulted their rulers, semi-accidentality crippled their defences and openly plans to subvert their government. Not sure exactly what that makes him but it rather undermines his moral high ground.

20. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    The whole thing was made up. Pinkie Pie is actually a changeling hive.
    Could you please narrow down what you want explained? Or are you a dalek?
    There's a scene in Ultimates where we see a dozen or so technicians doing maintenance on the Iron Man armour.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Literary effect. That's where the Renegade became consciously aware of what was going on.
    No, but the definition can be flexible.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  21. Mr Zoat

No, the Renegade wouldn't mistreat a loyal employee like that.
    Yes.
    Quite.
    I don't think that the power ring could detect telepathic communication. Particularly when it's being conducted by a non-humanoid intelligence.
    No he didn't. At worst he intruded.
    Luna attacked him.
    The Elements of Harmony were already unavailable.
    No, he plans to help Sunset subvert their government. And only the natural authorty of alicornhood, not the mechanism by which the country is run.
    I don't think he was trying to take the moral high ground.

22. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

I don't think she's using 'Night', she's dream-walking, using her sub-aspect of 'Nightmare' (which can occur during the day). So, not really as Primordial. Still pretty major, though, probably a lot closer to 'Conquest'; Yellow Ring territory?

Lucid dreaming is Self-control, which is Conquest of self?

23. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

That was a reply to something somebody else said and he explained his statement.

24. Ace Dreamer

If was a dalek would have been 'Ex-p-lain'? :)

25. Mr Zoat

26. Ace Dreamer

Given their (fanish?) reputation for always being really, really, angry... OL meeting a dalek with a Red Power Ring could be... a significant encounter. :)

27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat are we going to see some common sense Paul in this or the next episode?
    Would love to see him deal with Lex and his relationship with Paula.

28. Ace Dreamer

Possibly a silly question, but if "Life=Pain", what does that mean for masochists? Seems like there might be hole in the logic, there...

Unless Darkseid is secretly...
    :)

Jormuungaand, Vorian, Sorrow and 4 others like this.
  29. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Extra space.

No apostrophe; it's not a contraction of anything.

By breaking in, she is at least a SNEAK BURGLAR.

Red Lantern Daleks are apparently a thing in the fanfic community.

I don't even think it's "secretly." I suspect that being a masochist -- or, at the very least, being able to master one's own pain, even if you don't strictly enjoy it -- is essential to mastering the Anti-Life Equation.

I like to imagine that, deep down, Darkseid understands that "self=null" still applies to him despite his attempt to refactor the equation to "self=dark side". He knows that in the grand cosmic scheme he's a meaningless nothing. And that's why he strives to oppress and dominate: If he must be nothing, then if he makes everything else less than nothing then he's still on top. And maybe, just maybe, when he's accumulated all of the infinitesimally insignificant value of all of the infinite things in the universe under his name, the sum will be nonzero.

EDIT: An alternate interpretation: The physical experience of pain isn't true pain, and life=pain works on a masochist just fine by showing them that they didn't know what pain actually was.

30. Citizen

Citizen Well worn.

He entered their country at a government-sanctioned port of entry and was physically attacked by a high official with no attempt at peaseful resolution of differences attempted first. That it was a case of mistaken identity and that the government was unaware that the mirror worked two ways are mitigating factors, and I suppose that it can be said that the God of Conquest will 'invade' anywhere he goes that isn't his personal domain, but while he is occasionally acting like an ass, he has met most standards of good behavior thus far and came on a humanitarian (ponytarian?) mission seeking medical aid he is unlikely to find elsewhere.

Wild Transient, Vorian, Ardy and 3 others like this.