1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Irked

Irked Experienced.

With the corruption of the Anti-Life it's more likely to turn things into a land of Horrifying Futility.

2. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Yea, that's like a normal Tuesday for them.

And that assumes the Anti-Life equation will even work on them. Which it normally wouldn't since Cutie Marks and the way they cement a Pony's purpose would actively short circuit a portion of the equation.

3. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Not this particular part of the Anti-Life equation. It'd just show them that using their talents would just lead to more pain. I'm going to guess that it's going to hit the Mane Six with their memories of the Grand Galloping Gala, for instance.

4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Sort of. A reverse-centaur.
    [​IMG]
    Thank you, corrected.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    Bramble Thorn, Ardy, Cuchulin and 8 others like this.
  5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

When he says horse does he mean that one where other species that were turned into their own versions of inhumans showed up, i seem to remember one of them looked like a horse, or was it something else?

Cuchulin likes this.
  6. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Yes, that's a reference to the Kymellian Inhumans.

The Kymellians actually have their own Fantastic Four analogs, the Force Four- Firemane, Ghostmare, Teamleader, and Thunderhoof.

7. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Well, it's no Spider, but turn her around, and get me drunk enough..

Better than Kinky Kelly.

dogbertcarroll and Darko like this.
  8. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

Meh. The real moral here is don't fuck around when you have a world-killing WMD in a poorly shielded container. Grayven could have gotten blasted with the Elements a dozen episodes ago if he weren't taking time off to bully a bunch of teenagers.

9. RichardWhereat

For those who didn't get this reference..

dogbertcarroll and Darko like this.
  10. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Black Bolt isn't mute. He's just feeling a little horse.

Ardy, Cuchulin, Caerwen and 4 others like this.
  11. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

"Oops!", well, no one else seems to have said this, and I thought it needed to be said. :)

(I might speculate on the 'new pony' being named 'Life Pain'... Or, maybe, 'Pain Life', if 'Life' is the family name.)

DrThoth, Darko and Vorian like this.
  12. RichardWhereat

Emo Life?

Jormuungaand likes this.
  13. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

Everything=Fucked

By the way, what other anti-life fragments have we seen in this story? I remember at least two more, but not how they were written out.

Ardy, Cuchulin, Vorian and 1 other person like this.
  14. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

He was actively trying to get them to blast him, and they kept refusing to.

This was him attempting to explain why it would be a good idea for them to do it, and it finally almost worked before Luna's dream entity apparently decided to help it escape? Which means this might also just be a nightmare and it hasn't actually done anything to it.

Ngamer11, Gantradies, Vorian and 5 others like this.
  15. Blackgutter

Blackgutter Versed in the lewd.

Did the white emotional spectrum exist before Zoats cutoff of new 52 happen?

16. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Wonder if Darkseid would be delighted or horrified to know that the ponies can, by complete accident, create something capable of eating a fragment of the anti-life.

Also a rather fascinating insight here:
    Grayven does not believe Darkseid is unaffected by the anti-life. Him integrating fragments isn’t just putting them in a box, it is altering himself such that he can accept their message as true and continue regardless.
    Some parallels with emotional enlightenment there.

Paragon, Fluttershy, Yellow.
    Interesting combination.

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Darkseid has Black quote marks and those who used the equation like Key also had those which could simbolise Black enlightenment so yeah it could take them developing a certain mindset to use a piece and remain functional

18. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Yes, showed up at the end of Blackest Night, and had its own storyline Brightest Day, about stopping Black Lantern Firestorm from destroying the universe, and Swamp Thing supposedly becoming the new White Light Entity.

Vorian, RichardWhereat and Darko like this.
  19. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

It's the other way around, the thing completely obliterated the orange ring of avarice, and the gray mass that represents the anti life stretched to meet it.

By destroying the orange ring the entire containment structure was weakened and this allowed the anti life to interface with the BDSM self torture tool Luna created.

By definition the smaller mass cannot absorb the larger one, this event was similar to a drop of water being pulled towards a pond.

Heck using that analogy I would say the thing came off Luna and was being dragged towards the anti life due to the greater pull of its "mass".

20. Alasnuyo

Alasnuyo I am always here

If events even go anywhere near the structure of the canon episode, then Grayven probably doesn't need to worry any longer about being gradually hollowed out by the manifested shard of supernal truth of life's futility, since Tantabus is absconding with the fragment.

On the other hand, Tantabus is absconding with the fragment.

Hmm...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    Ardy, erebus1994, Cuchulin and 5 others like this.
  21. Blackgutter

Blackgutter Versed in the lewd.

swamp thing is a nice person. But I thought he was connected to the plant green, is he now connected to the animal red?

Cuchulin likes this.
  22. Siskulous

Siskulous Know what you're doing yet?

In multiple media it's been pointed out that while Spiderman is more powerful than Captain America, Cap would still win that fight almost every time. It's not just that the MCU version is quite a bit more powerful than you're giving him credit for (that version of Cap held down a helicopter that was trying to take off, a feat that would be equivalent to curling several tons, which means that he probably is quite capable of punching with the force of small artillery). Its also that he's far more effective at using what he has than Spiderman is, especially when you're talking about a young and inexperienced Spiderman.

Far moreso than Batman, yes. See the above "held down a helicopter" statement.

Mantling isn't a thing here. Zoat doesn't even know where it comes from (well, he probably does by now, but he hadn't bothered to update the FAQ last time I checked) so he's certainly not going to steal the concept.

Um....What? How so? I'm genuinely curious how you came to that conclusion..

I disagree strongly with that last bit. Deterrence is, as you've pointed out, not a particularly strong argument for the death penalty. But incapacitation? Once a psycho is dead they can't hurt anyone ever again.

Gantradies, AngelicKnight. and Vorian like this.
  23. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

So on some of the earlier comic stuff. The MLP comics tend to be quite a bit contradictory. Like, just about every time Nightmare Moon has come up in the comics they've explained it differently. Hell, there was one comic about people from alternate timelines that had a version of Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon and they became that way simply because they were raised by a villain instead of Starswirl.

Basically, between the show and the comics they kind of constantly flip flop between Luna just turning evil due to to jealousy or actually being possessed by something.

Though more often than not it seems to be Nightmare Moon is just what happens if Luna decides to be evil rather than something that was forced on her.

Point is, you can't just say that something is true because it appeared in one of the comics. In the comics, Sombra was redeemed and went on a world spanning adventure with his waifu, Radiant Hope.

In the show?

Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I'm pretty sure that Zoat wrote it so Luna created Nightmare as a sort of "magic courage" and things went horribly wrong in his story.

Also Zoat if you write that Warhammer chapter I wonder if that version will have a yellow ring.
    Jumped up elementals knows he'll be powerful enough to survive that crapfest of an aborted universe if he has one.

Cuchulin likes this.
  25. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Under the cover of night generals are seduced. Under the cover of night rebels meet and conspire against their conquers. Under the cover of night bombs are placed and armies are ambushed.

Well, using those parts of night fit a fanfic version of Luna better than one sticking closer to canon.

26. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Given the Tantabus was capable of altering reality and the Anti-Life even with the full equation can only effect minds, I think you may have which was larger backwards.

27. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No, he got orange.

Bear in mind that I was interested in Warhammer during... 3rd Edition? Whichever one it was that had a cardboard Grom in the box. More modern stuff will probably get skipped.

28. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

No I didn't; as per the factual text in the fanfic the anti-life under containment is clearly referenced as the larger one, whatever else you may claim from MLP Canon doesn't matter a single iota or refutes my statement in the slightest.

Gantradies, Ardy and True Ninja like this.
  29. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Dark magic corruption isn't a sentient will of its own.

Aberration

30. The Froggy Ninja

The Froggy Ninja The Blade Will Never Die

I mean, it is if it forms a secondary personality sufficiently distinct from the original that can then be removed like peeling away a layer of paint rather than cutting out chunks of brain.