1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Planeshunter, Dec 13, 2019.

1. [Quixotic_being]

[Quixotic_being] Fulfilling every contract to the letter

That actually makes sense, it was only visible because it was under moon light too! Any other situation and we would have bumbled right into it! What a nice benefactor!

[X][Plan] CrimsonFate+CatOnFire.
    -[X][Ask] Chastisement.
    --[X][Ask] Why Choose Me? Y'know besides being awesome
    -[X][Ask] Life, the Universe, and Everything.
    -[X][Ask] Four Lights, Luz Lunar, Power up.
    -[X][Ask] Human World, That thing, Identity, Appearance.

--[X][Ask] SERAPH? That sounds important.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Otto von Saurion and hillo315 like this.
  2. Jubjub3000

Jubjub3000 Versed in the lewd.

[X][Ask] Everything

[X]for a bite to eat

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  3. SoldMars

SoldMars Getting out there.

[X][Ask] Chastisement
    [X][Ask] Luz Lunar
    [X][Ask] Four Lights

I think those are the most important questions. Besides Chastisement, I only think it would be funny.

hillo315 likes this.
  4. phil503

phil503 Getting out there.

[x]Four Lights
    [x]Identity.
    [x]Luz Lunar
    [x]Write-in are the lights why you are so facinated by her...
    [x]Life, the Universe, and Everything
    [x]That thing

5. Umbra99

Umbra99 Good Civilization

[X][Plan] Just the basics

6. spidermonkey

spidermonkey Making the rounds.

Makes sense Nightgaunts can not be seen completely can’t only there shadow is seen and they can’t make any sound and can straight up rip out your soul by tickling you and mostly live in the dreamlands which is a pseudo afterlife for dreamers

7. Metoto21

Metoto21 Not too sore, are you?

Alright, we've survived this possible shitshow, now let's never do this again. Next time we want to visit a celestial body, we should train some kinda teleportation and use that just to avoid the risk of cosmic horrors tearing at our soul or worse.

8. CrimsonFate

CrimsonFate Versed in the lewd.

To be fair the Moon Lady did say that the cosmic horror that Weaver experience was a rare event. But it is true that Weaver should put more effort in getting stronger cause the multiverse is fill with many horrors as it is at the moment and it only to get worse for the unprepared.

9. Umbra99

I wonder how much CE we would get from eating a Nightgaunt?

Sage Hidden Bear and hillo315 like this.
  10. [Quixotic_being]

Probably not enough to be worth it.

hillo315 likes this.
  11. Zakara

Zakara Part-Time Heterodyne

Oh sure, actually ingest physical matter originating from their home plane. Surely there’s no possible way that can do horrific things to our mind and soul. In case it wasn’t exceedingly obvious, that was about as close to a Bad End as we’ve ever gotten. We walked away bleeding out from the soul just watching the damn thing, if we had tried talking with it, or god forbid, fighting it, the damage would have been magnitudes more severe.

12. CrimsonFate

The better question to ask is can we eat it? And if so what would happen if we attempt to eat?

13. Whitemouse

Whitemouse Getting sticky.

Well, Nightgaunts are intimidating, but I have no point of reference of how they shape up against any kind of hollow. So, less panic and more vague confusion.

Most of what I've read about them is they can travel through realms easily and they're quiet and stealthy. It's not like they're elder gods, more like eldritch scouts or mounts.

14. Umbra99

We can eat anything we put our mind too. You just need to believe.
    This is true. We don't have much context here.

15. [Quixotic_being]

Are we even able to heal that kind of damage without help from our benefactor? Because I don't think we can. In fact, I think we wouldn't have lived without running to her.

16. Shaper47

Shaper47 Versed in the lewd.

[X][Plan] I have Questions you have answers
    -[X][Ask] Identity
    -[X][Ask] Luz Lunar
    -[X][Ask] Four Lights
    -[X][Ask] That
    thing
    -[X][Ask] Power up
    -[X][Ask] Human World
    -[X][Ask] Why Choose Me? Y'know besides being awesome.
    -[X][Ask] What she knows about how many different spiritual creatures I might encounter in this world (
    Forms of Hollows, Shinigami, Dragons, Bount, Demons ect.)
    -[X][Ask] Wait a minute you were speaking to someone else a second ago
    -[X][Ask] Appearance- You have Red Eyes and a red voices, for some reason I think that means something
    -[X][Ask] Life, the Universe, and Everything
    -[X][Ask] Why do Hollows exist? You are totally not buying the fact that it the natural state of souls to turn into hungry beasts. What happened to the Universe to make hollows? Did some evil beings(Sinigami) break the cycle of reincarnation to harvest souls to serve under their tyranny and ensured that those not harvested (they call it purification) would turn into raging beasts?
    -[X][Ask] Chastisement- What if you give me abandonment issues beloved!
    Beloved am I.

17. Zakara

Nightgaunts capture people, take them to the underworld, and leave them to die. They also have a habit of "tickling" people with their viciously barbed and spiky tail, an act they consider non-aggressive.
    QA looked to be doing something, so we might not have been completely boned. We'd be very hurt though.

18. Arksurek

Arksurek Only here for the cookies.

19. Argentis

Argentis Lord of Cinders (retired)

Planeshunter
    Can we ask about how things are in the wormverse?
    Maybe once the whole Bleach plot is over we can go there so we can GTFO our friends and family of that hell-hole.

Srly, there are quite a few of post GM Taylor fics and the only 2 deal with even the posiblity of Taytay going back for her people.
    One was an Entity taylor and the other was as YJ xover that its hasnt seen an update for some months, and they only mentionted that as an hipotetical

20. [Quixotic_being]

I would rather not return to a world as piss-poor as that one. I'm okay with staying in this horrible world set, however I'm also okay with leaving and only returning to bleach after everyone of our companions from that universe can survive there.

21. OldClueless

OldClueless Not too sore, are you?

[X][Ask] Chastisement
    [X][Ask] Identity
    [X][Ask] Luz Lunar
    [X][Ask] Four Lights
    [X][Ask] Life, the Universe, and Everything
    [X][Ask] Appearance

22. Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr Getting out there.

Dudeeee, please don't do that again I legitimaly almost cried when I read what it was.

[X][Ask] Everything

23. mattsaber

mattsaber Well worn.

I fill that this is a grand opportunity but need i remind everyone we are running on empty so vote
    [X]for a bite to eat

24. Argentis

Argentis Lord of Cinders (retired)

I dont want us to stay, if ward is anything to go by those earths are Doom/Death planets, let get in grab Danny, Lisa, the rest of Tay s crew and GTFO.

hillo315 likes this.
  25. CrimsonFate

If anything I kinda want Weaver to bust some heads and kick ass if she ever come back to her selection of the multiverse. And especially so for the off chance she can eat some [SHARDS] and things associated with them.

26. Aelethea

Aelethea Know what you're doing yet?

27. Demetric

Demetric Know what you're doing yet?

So uh. Lovecraft crossover confirmed?

I don’t mind it, but I’m gonna go ahead and assume there is jack and/or shit we could do to anything from that universe until we hit Vasto Lord.

Except maybe the people cursed by Yig, they’re just scaley scrubs.

28. Planeshunter

Planeshunter [Verified Slimegirl Whisperer]

To be fair they aren't consistently depicted. Part of the mistique of Lovecraftian Mythos is the lack of certainty. Humanity cannot even begin to comprehend the shit that goes on out there and all that tripe, anything you believe you know for sure is probably wrong. At the best I've seen them, nothing in canon Bleach stands a chance, maybe barring wonky ability interactions.

There's a good chance the answer is 'not enough'.

Countermeasures were deployed and limited success was achieved, the bleeding was halved. But if you pay attention to the final measure, it was to quote Alexandre Dumas ('All human wisdom is contained in these two words - Wait and Hope') and enter energy saving move. In other word, wish very hard for a solution to drop from the sky.

I've considered it, but the chances are low for meta-reasons. For one, I don't really feel I'll do it justice. For other, my interest for the canon Worm universe took a nosedive with Ward and doens't seem likely to ever recover. One or two characters might end up in the Bleachverse at some point, maybe. But Taylor's return... Right now I see it as maybe something for the potential prologue.

Lovecraftian creatures do exist, yeah, even if only to illustrate a universe far vaster than shown in canon Bleach. So far your only source claims encounters with them are extremely rare though. Probably nothing you need to worry about for now. I do love Chekhov's guns, so there are more involved possibilities out there but, depending on how you play this story, you might never cross paths with them again.

29. Its_a_cauldron_plot!

Its_a_cauldron_plot! ( Or is it Simurgh?)

30. Zakara

Christ on a crutch, I’m still not over that dodge. We came across an Outer Being and managed to walk away with only minor power loss and a crippling phobia of bat things(which, come to think of it, will come in majorly handy when we inevitably cross paths with Ulquiorra). Thank the gods I figured out that it wasn’t sadbat, cause I was on the verge of voting for interaction. Thank everything else we near unanimously decided to fuck training and haul ass moonwards, I don’t want to even imagine how the soul bleed would have exacerbated Training Costs.

[X][Ask] Four Lights.
    [X][Ask] Life, the Universe, and Everything.
    [X][Ask] Human World.
    [X][Ask] Chastisement.
    [X][Ask] Identity.
    [X][Ask] That thing.
    [X][Ask] Family.
    Where there is one ancient primordial being, there is bound to be more. It pays to be prepared on the astronomical off chance you bury yourself in their chests as well.
    [X][Ask] Experiences. You never really wondered what it was like existing as the primordial embodiment of the Moon across infinite realities before, but you sure do now! Surely she has some interesting or amusing stories?
    [X][Ask] Bragging Rights. So are you the first Hollow to ever come up here? That’d surely be a feat to forever lord over the rest of your dumb-as-a-post species.
    [X][Ask] That place. While you’ll probably sleep better never having to know more about that place that that thing came from and went to, ignorance is only bliss until fact breaks down your door.
    [X][Write-In] Try and twist around. As interesting as the infinite moon goddess is, the fact that you’re resting on her means that you’re probably on the moon. Can you see your house from here?

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020