1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Wow, they actually translated a song and sang it. That's rare.

Code_Xana likes this.
  2. Sword Stalker

Sword Stalker Dead or Alive. Your choice.

You know, Viscera Cleanup Detail has a Shadow Warrior spin off, I think something similar but for DOOM might be kinda fun.

3. Jace Spicer

Jace Spicer Experienced.

Damn, that would be at least a few levels worth of cleaning right alongside a few hours. Crazy

4. Drak4806

Drak4806 Well worn.

Human ingenuity truly is amazing

5. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

Oh right, Persona 5 Scramble is out in Japan. From what I first see from comments, it seems to be a worthy sequel to P5.

Smuthunter, Bacon_commando and Imabot like this.
  6. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

The new character is an epic DILF. Also, boy is his Thief outfit chunii as fuck.

Bacon_commando and Imabot like this.
  7. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

So I tried out Arknights.

This kinda reminded me of the pain from when Aigis closed. But while it's a nice game, I'll pass on it after all. I don't feel like redoing what I did with Aigis all over again and the story didn't grab me.

Jiven, Bacon_commando and wayne82444 like this.
  8. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

FF7R’s demo is out on the PlayStation Store, it lets you play through the bombing run up to shortly after the first boss and I am officially on board this hype train!

9. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

All I can do at this point is hope that SE will get greedy and make a PC release.

10. OverReactionGuy

PC ports for playstation games are generally lazy as fuck.

-edit-

So even if they do odds are it has a game breaking glitch at launch they won't get around to fixing in a month. Or cost a lot of data space.

11. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Hm. FF7R's battle system is fun, though I have some doubts about ever being able to block or dodge anything- hopefully I can tank most of it. There are some... interesting... additions to events, but still within reason, so far.

12. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

The demo was fun. I can't tell how close they stuck to the original script 'cause I never played the original (VII is the only PS era Final Fantasy I haven't played aside from FFXI), but I really like Barret.

My only complaint is the boss battle. I was doing pretty well with dodging attacks attacks aside from the gunfire enemies, but the scorpion's missiles just fucked me up no matter where I went. I figure this is one of those attacks you can only block and not dodge, but it's still annyoing.

The tells for enemy attacks were also weird. Some enemies have clear tells like the eyeballs on stalks and turrets' laser attacks. Others are much harder to notice, like the machinegun bursts from the guards. I'm still unsure if I just sucked or if SE still can't into action game mechanics.

And as far as the gameplay goes... it's fluid, and all animations look good, but I would rather have control of when Cloud jumps instead of him deciding to chase enemies knocked in the air some times and him staying on the ground most others. I have my misgivings about how Cloud's moveset works, but I admit that DMC5 spoiled me with its amazing action gameplay and FFVIIR definitely isn't the same sort of game or even trying to be, so I'll withhold my criticisms until I get some more experience in the final release.
    Other than that, I can only complain about the camera, really. It's a bit too close to the character and it's extremely easy to lose sight of everything other than the enemy you're locked onto, which is a fairly annoying when half of them have Ranged attacks.

Overall, I'm impressed with the demo and actually have hope the remake won'tbe terrible, but not impressed enough to pre-order, let alone get the digital deluxe edition. Especially not with DOOM Eternal and Nioh 2 right around the corner.

13. Melmar

Melmar Should probly stop sayin' words

Played the FF7 demo thingy.

Positives:
    -Looked pretty good.
    -Cloud actually has some hints of a personality this time. The dude was unreadable before (I never watched any of the movies) so that's a plus.
    -Jessie is the new best girl.

Negatives:
    -The camera's too close in and makes keeping track of enemies and their attacks harder than it should be for a game in frickin' 2020.
    -I worry the game might suffer from enemies having bloated HP scores like an MMO later on.
    -Aeristh or whatever they're calling her this time looks weird from the front though I can't really put my finger on why. Too round maybe?

Neutraltives:
    -The combat seems better than 15's. I wouldn't call it great compared to similar fare like Astral Chain or something but, it's decent enough.
    -Barret reminds of a pro wrestler now. The dude struck some poses while he was speechifying and everything. It's amusing but, it's not really the impression I got off of him before so I don't know how to feel about it. Also, I think he gargles gravel.

Overall: I'm not gonna buy it full price but, maybe if it's on sale way later down the line and if the reviews are decent.

14. OverReactionGuy

-plays hardcore minecraft for the first time-

Wooo, I'm doing well! I even got iron, I never find iron! I even got a farm!

Oh, there's a crevice in a cave system connected to my mine that has some decent stuff! Just need to get down there by carefully placing blocks down the wall.

Huh, is that a skeleton with a glowing bow...OH SHIT!

-dies-

Four days in I died and my corpse fell into lava as the skeleton killed me. The world was forever lost.

Jiven and Rakdos92 like this.
  15. OverReactionGuy

Another tale of my minecraft experience.

Setting fire to small animals using flint and steel can burn you to death. Who knew?

Days survived: 2 Death: setting pigs on fire.

False Xteeler, Jiven and Rakdos92 like this.
  16. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

Anyone with a minor degree of basic deduction? "Fire hurts + moving animal = Moving Fire that attacks you"

17. Jace Spicer

Jace Spicer Experienced.

Bannerlord is everything I wanted it to be : Better graphics, combat feels better and pretty looking environments and characters.

My only gripe?

Whenever I go into the arena they keep giving me the spear...stop giving me a fucking spear please!

18. OverReactionGuy

But damn wasn't it amusing to me. Ever since I saw the flint and steel on hermitcraft I just knew exactly what I wanted to use it for.

19. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

I've been playing Persona 5 Royal for the last 2-3 days and I'm shocked at how many improvements Atlus managed to make to a game that was already pretty damn close to perfect. Here's just a few that I've noticed:

• You can access the hardest difficulty setting right from the start instead of needing to unlock it.
    • Guns are now actually useful because their ammunition refreshes with every battle.
      • Morgana even lampshades the ammo problem as "shadows always expect the guns to be loaded, so they are" when he explains how cognition turns toy guns into real ones in Kamoshida's palace
    • Personas have passive skills that give them more personality in battle beyond just the 8 or so that they gain from levelling up.
    • Your party members' Personas all have passive party-wide buffs whenever they're on the front line, like Carmen buffing magic use.
    • Boss battles with palace rulers have at least one new phase each.
    • Morgana doesn't force you to go to sleep nearly as often as he used to, so you get a lot more time to do night activities.
    • Haru makes some surprise cameo appearances early in the game instead of only showing up near the very end.
    • You can take Caroline and Justine on not-dates outside the Velvet Room, giving them way more character depth as confidants than they had before.
    I'm just about to start on the third palace so I haven't dug into most of the new content with Kasumi and the third school semester but everything I've seen so far has made P5R objectively superior to P5, and that was already a 9/10 game on its own. If you have any love of JRPGs definitely give this one a look, it's done a great job of holding me over until FF7R comes out next week.

20. OverReactionGuy

Vast improvement but will never top Elizabeth I bet.

Always made me feel sad that my first playthrough I went with Futaba and never finished my new game plus where I was planning on going for Haru. Ah, hell I'm in quarantine, I have plenty of time if I felt like it. On the ps3 version obviously since I don't have a ps4 or 5 and not planning on getting one.

Also something hilarious about persona royal!

21. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

P5R is a PS4 exclusive, unfortunately.

22. OverReactionGuy

Yeah, kinda figured that. It was amazing that p5 even came out on the ps3 in the first place honestly.

23. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

cries in Switch, also at lack of unified P3 FES-P3P remake and P4G port

looks at extensive game, anime, manga, and LN backlogs

...Okay never mind.

Imabot likes this.
  24. John At Dawn

John At Dawn Seeker of Answers

There is one negative about Royal I’ve encountered so far. They moved being given access to the gallows back one palace, so now Arsene is useless for even longer. Also I don’t remember having this problem the first time but holy fuck you need so much yen.

25. OverReactionGuy

It hurts even in the original, trust me on that. Which is why you do easy first.

26. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Wait, so it doesn't end on December 24th anymore?

Satan doesn't get to save Christmas?

27. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

Well it's a major spoiler so you're reading it at your own risk:

Satan Saves Christmas but Joker don't turn himself in. When Sae proposes that, Akechi suddenly appear revealing he survived and he turn himself in as a true criminal behind murders.

Joker can continue being normal student for another semester.

28. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Spoiled myself but thanks. Definitely need to get it now... but I don't want to line up outside gamestop... hm...

EDIT: Hm... is it available digitally, maybe? I'll check in a minute.

29. Imabot

Imabot Connoisseur.

Yes you can get it digitally.

30. The-Lewd-Dude

The-Lewd-Dude Experienced.

so this was probably already asked but i didn't want to make a thread specifically for it, but since i'm basically stuck inside all day for the foreseeable future does anyone got any good decently long or at least worth the money in replay game recommendations? i'm willing to take just about anything you can give me barring horror and even that i'm willing to make some exceptions. even lewd and beyond if they have at least some decent gameplay.