1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

One of the fics i read on SB by theirishdreamer had the characters deal with a portal opening to another dimension.
    The readers gave several theories on where it would lead to , with some of them being Warhammer 40k.
    The author shut that idea down, explaining that that particular universe is worthless.
    Despite the fact that it is a sci fi universe its technology isn't that special or advanced, its magic is primitive the even Lords of Chaos would call it stupid and needlesly chaotic and pointless, the cultures inhabiting it are either backwards or ridiculously self destructive, and the gods of that universe are all either too weak, stupid or self destructive to be of any use to the mc and his quest for knowledge and improvement with the author even calling the Chaos Gods "special needs divines" i.e. retarded, and the other gods aren't that far behind

Basically the Warhammer 40k universe and other similar grimderp universe like it are slated to be destroyed by higher cosmic forces and be recycled so their recycled remains can be used to make new universes, in the words of the author.
    So Warhammer 40k and other universes belong in the same level as the Dark Multiverse.

Also i think there was a short mention of the author that the meteor that gave Vandal Savage his immortality was a shard of the Emperor of Mankind and that it also rewrote his personality to be more like him.
    Which would make sense seeing as both of them are overly prideful, have an EXTREMELY inflated sense of self and aren't able to grasp anything beyond their own stupid little thought patterns.

Alexandercctv and Vorian like this.
  2. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Nooo, I think it's more to do with the fact you're entering a Khemric Tomb-city of your own free will, and not being immediately blasted into dust by a dozen curses...

Most things tend to sound better in their native language... I suspect the Drak Elves like to give false names that just sound like the fantasies of edgy 12-year-olds, for the lols.

Deal with it, honey.

Boy, I bet having her around is a laugh-a-minute fun time...

In other words, stop moaning about it...

Jealousy doesn't suit you, kid... Besides, she's far more useful...

Chaos gods? You mean those gibbering wrecks who play at godhood? Who gift their followers with worthless mutations that tend to end up turning them into mindless lumps of flesh? Yeah... No.

Man, imagine begin the player running up against this custom army list...

And I suspect that without being tightly controlled by said masters, there'd be a lot of silent screaming at what they've become...

Dark Elves, man... Just... And all because of one youth's jealousy...

Heh. A peculiar point of view. I doubt the 'good' nations look kindly on Identity Theft...

This Paul's been busy.

Like screaming "Charge!" or "Flee!" when he just wants to have a conversation...

"What do you want?" tends to be a better carrot than the stick of mindless terror.

I'm guessing said goals include the banishment of the Chaos Gods from the Old World, and the restoration of the great polar gates to original specifications...

Ah, Imperials. Such a mad, skewed vision of the world... But if it helps them survive, it's all good.

I'm guessing they're wearing their brown trews...

And all this pageantry for one thing...

Scandalous on a human, entirely not on a Mummy Queen. Though that description is underselling her status...

Probably "Well, he makes one hell of an entrance, at least."

Ah, the Herald of the Asp Queen.

And I'm impressed that he's summarizing so much. She must be treating him as a near-equal, damn!

"Welll... At lleasst he hass mannerss. That'ss betterr than mosst...

Holy crap, that's an early post. Mr Zoat must have had a busy day ahead of him if he's posted this late.
    As for the story, this is one of the tougher ones to step into the middle of. I've got to wonder just what he's been up to beyond what he's recapped here...

Corrections:
    Not sure if correct, or 'procession' was intended...
    I compel them to march in perfect lockstep...
    (I assume that's the intended term)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  3. Massgamer

Massgamer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Have to say that Orange Light turning Daemons and other powerful spiritual beings into constructs is a great idea, would love dealing with lots of immortal/constantly reincarnating beings. Curious to see if this Paul can't fix lots of mistakes of WHF and undo lots of damage that I can't even list here.

I do wonder how he charges his ring in WHF and how he protects himself from corruption and shit.

4. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

There is no protecting yourself from corruption when you're channeling Warp Energies.

Only hoping the Chaos Gods don't notice you.

Cuchulin likes this.
  5. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Isn't Chaos the same in fantasy? You could simply say that the ring takes Warp energy and smoothes it out or that Paul's soulless status makes him a Blank or something.

Ardy, MasterG, Alexandercctv and 2 others like this.
  6. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Blue? indigo?

7. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Warhammer Fantasy takes place on a world in Warhammer 40k that's locked behind a warpstorm.

You can't "smooth out" warp energy.

And Blank's are a negative warp presences not a neutral one.

Hope is very specifically the Domain of Tzeentch, and Compassion is Nurgle.

Orange specifically however? That's Slaanesh. And it's quite clear this Paul has already fallen to it.

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I wouldn't say he's fallen to Chaos but he could have become more ruthless to survive, like assimilating and mind controlling people

9. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

really not helping your 'phrasing' argument here, Zoat.

Should the when be what?

No.

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  10. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

He's having orgies with Drukhari Sex Slaves while leading an army of Chaos Daemons...

11. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

For both cases you can just say: malthusian tech from another universe.

Ardy, MasterG, Alexandercctv and 3 others like this.
  12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Pretty sure he's not having orgies with the Drukhari, but just that she's flirting with him.

Remember they have an oversexed culture so it is to be expected for her to try and fuck him, but he hasn't done it.

13. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Still up just past midnight.
    He doesn't know.
    He wouldn't.
    Warhammer Fantasy Battle or Warhammer Age of Sigmar? For Warhammer, I'd suggest Total Warhammer for a quick fix or all of the army books for an actual fix.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Modified.
    No Lantern. The world is to lousy with warp energy that it constantly recharges.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Yes.
    It's the collective noun for a group of fish.
    No, but I was wrong as well.
    Thank you, corrected.
    No idea. I don't know when that happened.

14. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Invaded the Border Princes in 2510, making his way up through the Winter's Teeth Pass to bypass the Empire's defenses assembled at Blackfire Pass to strike at Nuln in 2511.

Really, a lot of stuff happens that gets overlooked.

Lupercal likes this.
  15. Mr Zoat

Um. Yes?
    Thank you, corrected.
    No. He has.

16. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

I can understand Vanyar or Teleri hate, or even Avari hate, but why hate Noldor? Well, I can see hating on the faithless fools of the House of Finarfin. That makes sense.

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

This Paul has participated in orgies?

Has he just fucked this dark elf girl?

So he has been corrupted, but is more like Sybarite?

18. Ganurath

Or, y'know, maybe sex isn't inherently evil.

19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I know sex isn't evil, but Paul having sex with people he has brainwashed is a bit out of character for him, even if those people are essentially a culture of psychopaths with the emotional maturity of a emotionally unstable pubescent with hormone control problems

Ardy, Cuchulin, Alexandercctv and 3 others like this.
  20. Ganurath

Villains that he's rehabilitated, on the other hand, are more or less his fetish.

That, and giant talking animals with royal titles.

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Too true Ganurath, too true.

Zoat are you ever going to write a version of Paul that ends up in a romantic relationship with a heroic individual instead of a rehabilitated Villain, aside from that potential future April 1st episode where we see him in a relationship with multiple people, including heroes like Superboy, M'gan, Koriandr etc.?

Speaking of weird alternate universes are you ever going to write one where the SI ends up on an abridged universe, like say YJ abridged?

Would love to see renegade trying to deal with a xenophobic Superman and deal with Darkseids Bieberfewer, also having Desaad call him 'beautiful destroyer of the pit' would be hilarious:D

Would also love to see paragon try to explain to Batman the definition of people, help Orm lose his position of bitchtit, try to help Giovanni with Nabu only to find out he's not being controlled and that Nabu is on vacation.

And them trying to deal with ALFRED:D
    Those stupid boys...

Last edited: Mar 7, 2020
  22. Grimnar

Grimnar Versed in the lewd.

Sounds like a good way to get your whole fishy clan slaughtered, drifting around Marienburg.

For reals though, school isn't a thing to my knowledge. If your not noble or burgher, you better hope your family will train you up in thier profession. The various churches provide education in house. I'm not aware of anyone out side of fringe churches providing open education.

There are universities about, but they are expensive, so burghers on up. The masses do with home schooling.

23. Mr Zoat

That was his argument. Her counter was to ask if she was a person with a right to self determination. He answered 'yes'. She asked if she was under probation, and if he intended to ever restore her original character. He answered 'no' and 'no'. She then asked why he was hypocritically not thinking of her new character as 'real' when it was the only one she would ever have. He said 'um'.
    Marienburg has an actual middle class. He canonically went to school there.
    How 'heroic' are we talking here? Rational SI is in a relationship with a villainess who rehabilitated before he met her. Yellow ring SI is in a relationship with a non-criminal.
    No.

24. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

For the prophecy of demise.

25. Ganurath

Oh, for- The man's lore knowledge clearly isn't as in-depth as the people on the Divided Loyalties and/or Drunken Dynasties Quest threads. CITATION!
    Long story short, there's this big ass poem that says how all the elves are going to die, and Malekith thinks that this part is about him, what with his being a blood descendant of the original Phoenix King and his body being encased in steel.

26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

In a relationship with a superhero who has never commited any crimes is how i would describe 'heroic'
    So any alternate like that?

And just to make sure we are going to see the yellow lantern SI and the diffrent color enlightenment SI in this episode?

Can you give us any hints of what the universe the yellow one will be in?

27. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Man, even I know that they're not going that route anymore, and my exposure to Warhammer Fantasy is basically listening to a stream of two people playing the total war game set in at as background noise.

28. Mr Zoat

You know that vigilantism is a crime, right?
    Yes.
    Yes, it's G2.

29. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

or Boop Noodles!

AngelicKnight. likes this.
  30. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Isn't the compassion lantern in the 'The boyz' universe in a relationship with a heroine or the closest thing that mess has to a real heroine?

I believe this is mentioned in the update that highlights how the compassion SI and her are the ones taking care of the children with super powers and this is why people aren't as negative towards them as the other heroes people with powers after the shit went public.

Ngamer11, Vorian, Cuchulin and 2 others like this.