1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Razorfloss

Razorfloss I trust you know where the happy button is?

Because he finds it hilarious and it true

2. AidanMorgan

AidanMorgan Essentially Overworked

It is hilarious but neither of these things are true.

3. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

They must have been wrong beforehoof. His cutie mark is clearly a troll doll.

4. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

I find this is the reason for a lot of situations where someone's being a dick. Hopefully he's not also standing proud, but I doubt that since they all appear to be adorable little people.

Still, Sunset never answered whether or not he's attractive.

5. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Out of respect for the Wild Stallions, Bill and Ted, who were played by Alex Winter and Tom Cruise.

6. RichardWhereat

Wouldn't the rumour be about her as well, since she also seems to have contracted Alicornism.

Well shit. That's a hell of a call back.

7. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Honestly, Corpsman, if you weren't so good at making the ones you do want scared afraid of you, I'd have sought out a better user...

Eh, sounds about right for her...

Maybe she wants to convince Twilight of Celestia's misdeeds and unsuitability to be any kind of mentor?

Looks like she's been showing Twilight some things...

Wow, I know you're in a bad mood, but bitchy much?

Sunset.exe has encountered a fatal error, rebooting.

Yes, please do elaborate.

Pfft... Well, a man has needs, and as an Orange Lantern, he's especially aware of that...:D

That's more a loose friendship based on him trolling her...

I'm guessing Twilight is more of an instinctive Magic talent, not a theoretical Thaumaturgist, despite all her studies...

She's not convincing anyone with that.

Ah, that's why she went to Twilight. Examining a recently-ascended alicorn's magical physiognomy.

I'm impressed she didn't say that through gritted teeth. Progress!

That's a good point, though I doubt Celestia's talked to her yet.

Oh, god... Cadance is on her way, isn't she? Because of course she'd hear the rumours. A good rumour can be halfway around the world before the truth even has its boots on...

Ah, something else Sunset has never heard of.

And Sunset is all "wat."

Good explanation. I expect they'll start shifting local territory back to the Crystal Empress, since lots of it is unoccupied anyway...

She says it with a straight face... Why would you not have your Harmonic super-weapon with you at all times in unknown territory?

And Sombra would likely have corrupted the Elements, I suppose? Excuses excuses...

Awkaaaaaard.:p

"Please let it be Pinkie with a distraction..."

Muhahahhahahaaa, let the teasing begin!

Grayven is smiling inside at the cuteness...

I expect she's a little put out Twlight didn't tell her about it.

Grin widening...:D I think Grayven will get on well with her...

Yes, honestly, a little mention of her throughout earlier episodes, just a little "My babysitter once told me..." and maybe it wouldn't have seemed so sudden.

By your trolling combined...

Oh, god. Sunset and Twilight are going to be suffering, aren't they? Heheheh, bring on the trolling.

Correction:
    Unnecessary 'the'.

8. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

9. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Grayven never told Luna about the seven other ponies still recovering in the hospital did he?:sneaky:

10. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Considering part of her magic is, as tvtropes would call it, enlightenment superpowers, yes, her magic is more instinctive than Sunset's, who lacks the emotional evolution to undergo the same.

I think the problem is psychological dissonance, Equestrian and Atlantean thaumatology have incompatible base assumptions.

So I see this rather like Einstein's "God does not play dice with the universe" response to quantum physics.

Sunset, lacking the emotional wherewithal to grok friendship is magic to begin with, would not have that problem.

11. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

That's why Yoda pisses me off. As the saying goes, communicating in a convoluted way that's hard to understand isn't clever or wise.
    Now, Celestia is about as bad when it comes to being vague, BUT I can understand her reasons for emphasizing friendship in that if someone is trying to achieve godhood, you reeeeeally want them to be emotionally healthy and well-adjusted. She flubbed it because she's been old too damn long to understand young people. Ironically, Celestia is just as much in need of having regular friends because there's so much social distance between her and everyone else that her subjects may as well be pets.

12. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

.... She's their immortal god-princess, they are pets.

Deadpanwitch, Relyt33, Ardy and 11 others like this.
  13. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Sunset is already there.

So I think he is actually shipping Twi and Sunset.

14. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Nah. Twilight likes . . . Oh. Wait. Yeah. This universe never gave Twilight the chance to develop her human fetish. But between pony Twilight and human Twilight, I think she'd prefer to take a dick. And I think Cadance would know this through whatever love magic bullshit she has. So Grayven is probably using himself as bait for the misunderstanding.

As for how Twilight was so isolated growing up . . . She did have some friends, but was also pretty quick to brush them off. To the point she basically forgot they even existed judging by the Moondancer episode.

So I figure it was her own anti-social behavior coupled with what I'm pretty sure would be a lot of Canterlot ponies assuming the personal student of the immortal god-princess was effectively unapproachable.

Ngamer11, Cuchulin, Relyt33 and 7 others like this.
  15. AngelicKnight.

AngelicKnight. Lewd demon of negotiable affection

She has a human fetish?

Ardy likes this.
  16. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

I think that's a reference to how important Flash sentry is in the 'human' world, but such a non entity outside it.

david and Navi-Hank like this.
  17. RichardWhereat

It's called the socratic method. Making someone figure shit out on their own (while being there to answer further questions) is a hell of a better method than just telling them information. You tell children information, you ask adults questions to make them think through the questions and come to their answers themselves. It makes people wiser.

Yoda has never been hard to understand, or all that convoluted. Nor has Albus Dumbledore.

Simonbob, Finerc, DAT_NOOB and 9 others like this.
  18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The socratic method may work somewhat, but it is still an incredibly risky method to use, especially when it concerns such a big act as trying to become a god.

Umbrella_merc, Relyt33 and Ardy like this.
  19. RichardWhereat

Not really. Maybe if the person is trying to become a god, and they can't learn through the socratic method, they shouldn't be trying to become a god.

20. theaceoffire

theaceoffire Versed in the lewd.

We need testing to prove it!

More being a dick to ponies!

RichardWhereat and Navi-Hank like this.
  21. GamingPizza1998

GamingPizza1998 Verified Pizza

Cause he wants to dick ponies.

22. FeepingCreature

FeepingCreature Not too sore, are you?

Well! Glad we got that sorted. :V

Apparently this is the episode where Twilight encounters the replication crisis.

23. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

'sighs'?
    'than'?
    This confused me, a bit, as bookcases weren't previously mentioned, nor the number of them. Would 'rises off a bookshelf and unrolls itself' read better?

Glad to see Sunset doing practical interaction, though I do wonder if she can come up with a simple magical experiment which Atlantean theory predicts a different result from Equestrian... Maybe an observation of the world? Einstein's Relativity predicting the location of Mercury giving different results to Newtonian Mechanics is the RW science one that comes to mind... Using becoming an alicorn, succeed/fail, as your test seems... unwise.

Does Equestria have any theoretical thaumaturgists? Is that was what being taught in the lecture theatre? One that's also a rock star would be good. :)

24. RichardWhereat

You mean Brian Hay? I think he's kicking around a bit. Used to be in a rock group called Princess.

w34v3r likes this.
  25. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Don't forget Ninja Brian. That's three PhD rock stars named Brian.

w34v3r likes this.
  26. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

The what?

Navi-Hank likes this.
  27. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

The problem where scientific papers are reviewed and published, but then other researchers can't replicate the results.

Ardy, Navi-Hank and FeepingCreature like this.
  28. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

In this setting this will, no doubt, produce colourful explosions. :)

She should be safe as long as she avoids Colt Fusion research. :)

(For extra speculation, what happens if Grayven uses his ring to Danner-ize an Earth Pony? Of course, he'd probably have to learn pony physiology to do that...)

Navi-Hank likes this.
  29. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

The Alicorn transformation is an enlightenment superpower.

You can't teach enlightenment like one can teach knitting or engine mechanics, there's no 'Do A, B, and C, and you have enlightenment."

It's an emotional transformation.

If someone wants to improve on that, get Celestia an army of psychotherapists.

Celestia telling Sunset "Stop being a brat and then you'd make progress on transforming into an alicorn" would not have gotten Sunset to stop being a brat.

Now, Sunset (supposedly) figuring out how to turn herself into an alicorn?

That's terrific.

Doesn't change the fact that what is really happening is that Sunset came up with a cheat because she isn't actually qualified to become an alicorn.

30. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Okay, first of all, that is not the Socratic Method. Dialogue between individual to facilitate critical thinking is what is called the Socratic method. What Celestia did was basically boot her out of her home for not understanding something she wasn’t here to learn, without being told what it was she was supposed to take away from the lesson.

Developing critical thinking requires stuff more like what Grayven has done. Application and discussion, not the sink and swim approach. Comprehending and retaining knowledge work best through paying attention, concise explanations and reiteration, along with some degree of discussion.

Don’t even fight me on this, I will break out my psychology textbook.

Mr Zoat, Lord Ernest, w34v3r and 13 others like this.