1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

What do you think the chance of you getting personal help from the ruler of your country is?

2. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

If he did he probably used it on her depowered reincarnation as well. It's been stated multiple times that he's well aware of how the Sword actually works after killing Klarion.

3. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Poor Chryssy. I'm only familiar with the Infinite Loops fanon version, which this has pretty clearly prevented from happening.

It was a box, not a bag. ;)

The problem is that he doesn't know where they reincarnate.

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  4. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

I don't see any of their heads there. Plus, Discord is a proof that non-violent solutions work.

Hhh. You want war in Equestria? Because that's how you get war in Equestria.

5. Baladar

Baladar Know what you're doing yet?

Oh yeah.

Forgot that Renegade is kind the renegade sort.

Alexandercctv likes this.
  6. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

He would know 'where' the same way he found her in the first place (her landing destination post-wedding is canonicly unknown beyond 'somewhere with cuddly cat people'). Mother Box, 2 Power Rings, a fleet of recon drones, etc. take you pick.

7. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

Assuming they reincarnate immediately, if he can't pull enough info off the dead body to find the new incarnation, planet-wide, he really isn't competent.

A bit bad for her if she reincarnates as a drone, not a queen... Also, the hive very likely will have produced a new, replacement, queen (or several candidates to fight it out), by the time she gets back. Though, I'd expect it'd take quite a while for the new queen to get up to speed.

8. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

"Ha, you cannot harm me! My magic nullifying throne will thwart all your attacks!"
    (grabs head) (pulls) (walks away whistling)

9. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Luna is from a thousand years ago, she may find it romantic.

10. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

Last I heard, he was sending me $1000.

11. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

The question mark is missing the orange. In the Story Only version.

EDIT: A lot of the full orange lines here are missing their orange punctuation at the end of the sentence, but it's sporadic with a lot of the punctuation still having it.

12. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Significantly better than my chances of finding the best doctor in the world by wondering around Somalia shooting people for money. Also significantly better than my chances of getting personal help from the ruler of a different country.

Tempest’s motivation was getting her horn fixed. Has she possessed a lick of sense she would have sort help from the most powerful, knowledgable and medical of her own species. Instead she signed on with someone running a “I can’t pay you until you finish robbing them” scam.

13. Mr Zoat

Yes, and that's all correct. The SI only speaks or thinks with orange sentence terminators when using too much avarice and risking losing control. In that scene he isn't. The rest are things said by the ring or being relayed by the ring.
    I suspect that Tempest fell into mercenary work while trying to locate someone who could cure her. The Storm King was certainly powerful, and it wasn't inconceivable that he just needed a power up. But yes, not the best of ideas.

14. Someguy Somewhere

Someguy Somewhere The Critical Fumbler

Custom, but fairly simple ones all told, that photo's been floating around for years. They're just well done when it comes to using pre existing terrain parts for the bulk of them. The Painted Marine one always gets a laugh out of me.

15. Valint

Valint I trust you know where the happy button is?

I mean, the Equestrian economy somehow includes free medical care for forest animals. It's hard to believe that either she's the first unicorn to have ever had her horn damaged or that it requires "work as a mercenary in a third world country" kind of money to get treated.

Then again, considering how nonsensical the movie was, this isn't exactly the only part that probably shouldn't be stared at for too long.

16. Mr Zoat

Yeah, well...

If we go with the film then she left her home village at a very young age. It's quite possible that she was living a long way from central Equestria. And that unicorn horns are generally considered untreatable. The only time we see a damaged horn get better is the blackening that happens to Celestia's horn after she loses to Chrysalis, and that didn't involve a part of it being physically separated.

17. Gilhelmi

Gilhelmi Know what you're doing yet?

And I am caught up again. WOW, who would have thought that in 2 months so much could happen.

I like Graven, but I am missing OL Paul a bit. Still, I am thoroughly enjoying the whole story.

DAT_NOOB, Chaoswind and Ardy like this.
  18. Threadmarks: Equestrian Guise (part 16)
    Mr Zoat

The Badlands
    An Hour Ago

"…blood oath you have sworn,
    Pick a fight with an alicorn."

I raise my daiklave as I advance towards where the trembling Changeling Queen lies nursing her shattered right foreleg. I give it a little swing to test my grip, then raise it up high.

"Dumb ways to di-ie,
    So many dumb ways to die."

Canterlot
    Now

Luna regards me levelly for a few moments, the head floating in her thaumokinetic grip. Celestia puts her teacup down and stands, regarding me with shock.

A drop of green goo drips from the neck stump.

"You slew her... For me?"

"She was an enemy of the state still at large, and I am acting in your stead at the moment."

Luna.. blushes very slightly, not meeting my eyes. Celestia spots how she's responding and glares at her. Luna meets her eyes and lifts her head again, clearing her throat.

"We trust that she did not suffer overmuch?"

I shake my head. "No. No. I treated the occasion with the solemnity it deserved. There are now a few thousand leaderless Changelings hanging out in a hive in the Badlands. Be careful, though, there's some sort of anti-magic field." I shrug. "Didn't do anything to disrupt my technology, but it would probably make things difficult for you."

Luna nods, drawing herself up slightly.

"We thank you for this token-."

Celestia frowns. "Lu-na!"

Luna looks at her sister. "Do you know how long it has been since a knight brought Us such a token? A vile monster slain in Our name, its head to be-. Pikes, We must find a pike, that Our ponies may know-."

"We're not displaying a severed head!"

Luna blinks in confusion. "Then how will our citizens know that they are safe under Our aegis?"

"It's fine, you don't need to display it for my sake." I step closer to Luna. "It's enough for me to know that you like it."

Her horn glows, and the head shimmers for a moment.

"There. We shall mount it upon our mantel as a memento."

I lean towards her and she tilts her head up towards me. I've never kissed a horse before, but-.

A golden harness forms around my chest and drags me away, Celestia glaring at me in a pointed manner.

I Will Not Be Restrained!

The harness flickers and then dissolves, Celestia jerking her head back as it vanishes.

Luna doesn't look impressed. "We do not recall ever acting against your swains in such a manner."

"My 'swains' had not just presented me with a head."

"Did not knights and sorcerers swear to perform mighty deeds that they might earn your favour?"

"Yes, but they didn't gift wrap the proof."

"Perhaps they lacked the-."

There's a knock at the door. Both princesses look around.

"Come!" / "Enter!"

A guard I don't recognise enters the room slightly nervously.

"Your majesties, Princess Twilight Sparkle asked me to inform you that Sunset Shimmer is ready for her d-."

He spots the head and visibly double-takes.

"Ah, her demonstration."

Celestia nods. "Where is it taking place?"

"The West Drawing Room, Princess."

"Please inform Twilight that we will be there presently."

The guard nods and heads out of the room at a canter. Time to put my hoof down.

"Celestia, do you have an objection to me being romantically involved with Luna?"

Luna raises her eyebrows, her eyes fixed on her sister.

"I have concerns, but Luna is an adult mare and can make her own decisions."

"Thank you for remembering that, Sister."

"Do you have a problem with me killing Chrysalis?"

"Not in principle, but the cavalier way in which you presented Luna with her head concerns me."

"I refuse to feel bad about killing people like her, but that's not my usual way of handling conflicts. Chrysalis was not ensorced, deceived, possessed or insane. She was just unnecessarily malevolent and nearly enslaved your species and destroyed the world. And I didn't get her head for you."

"Of all the projects you could have chosen, why is it the military that you decided to help us with?"

"Because getting involved in your economics would require me to have massive amounts of information that I don't have, while the flaws of your military were obvious and dangerous to your civilisation. Protecting its citizens is the most basic job of a national government and… While I'm prepared to assume that despite appearances you aren't intentionally undermining it-."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You didn't tell the guard about Nightmare Moon, Discord or Sombra. You trusted Discord to capture Tirek ahead of any part of the military, and early on Tirek could easily have been killed by crossbows. You didn't pursue Chrysalis or develop changeling detection spells. Magical megaweapons are very nice to have, but given how temperamental they can be relying on them is not wise. Perhaps more to the point, Luna has led armies and she's at least as good a fighter as anyone in the employ of the Equestrian government. You might have welcomed her back as your equal but you haven't helped her become your equal in fact as well as theory. I will."

"Because you wish to court her."

"No, because improving political institutions is what I do. See my cutie mark?"

She glances at my haunches.

"Strength through unity."

"Unity means the parts who know what's going on telling the parts who need to do something about it. And at the moment, your soldiers are…"

Music again, but this time I'm the one who's going to be singing.

"Everyone is
    Weak and wary
    All is scary
    Tell me, where is
    Sanctu'ry?"

An image of the guards who panicked at the sight of me, another of the guards being gooped by changelings, blasted aside by Nightmare Moon, drained by Tirek

"Tire the strong
    Shield the frail
    A strategy
    Doomed to fail"

Celestia getting blasted by Chrysalis, Cadance collapsing in exhaustion from the strain of shielding the Crystal City by herself.

"I love to change the world"

I head out of the room, light leaping from my yellow ring, transmuting the guards' armour into something a little more sensible.

"And I know just what to do"

I glance back at the princesses as they follow me.

"And I wonder: do you too?"

West Drawing Room is this way.

"All your people
    Keep on needing
    Never heeding
    Leaders bleeding
    Truculence"

An image of Celestia, Luna and Cadance lying on the floor of the throne room with Tirek standing over them.

"Life is easy
    Skies are breezy
    Learn to struggle?
    Who needs trouble?"

I glare at some civil servant ponies who throw themselves out of our way.

"Indolence."

I stop and turn around to face them.

"I love to change the world
    And I know just what to do
    And I wonder: do you too?"

I walk up to Luna and this time Celestia doesn’t restrain me.

"Luna"

"Diminution
    Is no solution
    Revolution
    Restitution
    What's wrong and right?
    What's strength for?"

I look at the two of them.

"Princesses
    Win your war"

I turn away and continue towards the West Drawing Room, where Sunset will usher in a new era, whether Equestria's ready or not. Especially whether the princesses are ready or not.

"She loves to change the world
    Sunset knows just what to do
    Why don't you join us too?"

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  19. Katillno

Katillno Verified Nobu fan

Yeeesssss finally sunsets ascension something might go wrong temporarily but at last she’s becoming an Alicorn

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  20. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

Damn it, colt-blocked!

21. Prognostic Hannya

Prognostic Hannya Knight of the Yuri Crusade

Zoat... You've been updating In Praise of Eros a bunch recently...

22. Mr Zoat

I prefer 'dock-blocked'.

23. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

You have "[/color]" visible.

24. RichardWhereat

Was it this story where we had the docking discussion, or am I misremembering it?
    Is that what you mean by dock-blocked? Because I can't picture another meaning.

PurpLexed likes this.
  25. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

So far each Alicorn had a theme, a concept to represent and rule over. What will Sunset's be?

Grayven might be the Alicorn of...Unity sounds wrong...Strictness...what's a term for following a path consequently to the end? Resolution?

RGFJ, Relyt33, Lupercal and 3 others like this.
  26. RichardWhereat

Research, or Discovery are my two guesses.

27. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

The dock is the term for the base of the tail.

28. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    The standard pony hating mating position involves the stallion rearing up and placing his weight on the mare's haunches and dock, the dock being the base of the tail. 'Docking' in this context also euphemistically refers to the docking of the penis ship inside the vagina harbour.
    Magic. Which does not equal friendship.
    Conquest.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  29. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

She might also explode, because that's an option that was mentioned.

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So Sunset if going to become the Alicorn of Magic, but without the friendship part like Twilight?

Jaron and Cuchulin like this.