1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

Extraneous quote mark.
    Progress! It's not red.
    Yay! It worked!!

2. SebazuD

SebazuD Experienced.

You really think Zoat is not gonna have her be like an even more special Alicorn or something like that?

Ardy, Relyt33, Navi-Hank and 9 others like this.
  3. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

What makes you say she looks mature? Just because she's taller?

4. Slayer Anderson

Slayer Anderson Orthodox Heretic

Man, with all these new alicorns popping up, there must have been some freaky sex going on in the palace.

Probably a wild orgy or two.

5. Oglymogly

Oglymogly I trust you know where the happy button is?

As someone who knew very very little of MLP when Sunset was introduced, I'm surprised how invested I've been in this arc. It was very well paced and the payoff 'feels' right. Great job!

Grayven probably foresaw that possibility, thus his timing on his second round of 'head hunting.'

In fact, the only remaining BBG's I know of are Treik and Sombra, and I'm not sure how easy it would be to track them down.

6. Vanathor

Vanathor 『Back In Black』

Why are you working from the assumption that alicorns have a finite lifespan? Celestia and Luna opted to retire. They didn't die.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  7. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Check the pic Zoat linked.

That's how Alicorn's look when they hit somewhere around the thousand year mark.

Case in point, thousand year old Twilight Sparkle.

[​IMG]

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Sunset could have probably just had a growthspurt, rather than aging herself a thousand years.

9. Oglymogly

Oglymogly I trust you know where the happy button is?

Interesting idea. I've never had heard that Alicorns had a limited life span, but I suppose there isn't anyone who would know, with the sample size. We know Sunset is going to research the heck out of this, so I expect she'll be the first to find out one way or another.

As a alternate theory, it could have been a more efficient ritual than Twi or Cadance went through, propelling her into the height of her power. Or since she was reshaped wholesale, it could have used the mental image of Sunbut as a reference model.

10. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

11. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Oh, dear. Someone or something unexpected?

Because of course she'd be an alicorn. Immense magical power? What else?

The staff is an obvious choice. But a broken and rusted sword? Symbolic of intellect overcoming strength of arms?

It's only what, early April 2nd? It shouldn't have been too much trouble.

Hmm... Is Celestia finally starting to let Luna be more active in leadership, or just concerned for Sunset's safety?

They'd be a waste of breath anyway. Has Circe really bothered with such things before, outside of impressing simple folks?

Heh, how informal. I expect she's settled right into ponyhood, right down to using magic with ease.

Huh, unexpected. I'm guessing Sunset's having a few last-minute worries. Or giving Celestia's nose a bit of a tweak. "Look how much cooler my other teacher is!"

Ready to become a demi-goddess? This is no small step, with no going back as far as we know. Of course she's nervous...

Sort of taking the role of substitute parents, aren't they? I wonder how Sunset's actual family will react... Surely they've been told...

Well, as long as she's still got an intact brain, the Rings can do a lot...

And the nerves have been stamped down. Probably still fluttering below the surface, but she's bound and determined now.

Interesting. I wonder how many people have messed with it over the years...

...God dammit, Pinkie... There's comedy and then there's Comedy...

As if they'd let them in here? Bad enough Pinkie's wild talent is in the room.

Do tell, Grayven...

<Spit-takes> Seriously, that's the first thing you think of? Dammit, you've got a dirty mind, filly.

I'm guessing he bonded with her as a vassal, much as he did with his other friends.

:D It Begins!

Have you actually tried doing things other than flying?

I'll bet AJ is just wondering "What Earth Pony Magic?"

Ah, but you miss out on the song from Princess Celestia! Or whatever mentor you favour most, I suspect.

Hopefully just magesight spells, letting them see the workings. Or maybe Celestia's preparing a shield spell. Just in case.

No smouldering symbol of her cutie mark?:p

Well... That was certainly successful. Let's hope it - and she- is stable.

That reaction! Entirely in character. Guessing she caught up to the fifteen years she was technically away from Equestria...

Well, that was... almost anti-climactic. Hopefully, there's nothing wrong that we aren't seeing, like some sort of magical cancer or something...

Corrections.
    ...what two consenting adults do in private...
    Sunset gives her a mild glare.
    ...a powerful magic discharge from ponies...

12. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Sunset gives her a mild glare. "Maybe if you used your non-unicorn magics a little, you'd have noticed it a little more."

Gilhelmi, Cuchulin, Relyt33 and 2 others like this.
  13. Emizaquel

Emizaquel What is a self?

Or perhaps, she's just older? I could easily see Sunset as being the equivalent of late-teens to early teens in Twilight's case, which would mean that she's already most of the way grown, rather than twilight's relative immaturity.

14. King of Frost

King of Frost Wishing I was somewhere colder no doubt.

Twilight was supposed to be a thousand years old in the ending? But everyone else was still alive. The other bearers were visibly older but still very much alive, the students from the school were adults, even the Cutie Mark Crusaders were simply young adults.

15. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

The pessimist in me is guessing that this change will only last while Sunset is draining power from the Harmony field. At which point she will revert to a unicorn or become a young adult alicorn like she ought to be. Or... There are massive gaps in the harmony field due to this ritual.

I’d like to give a round of applause to the Atlantean physicists, sorcerers and mathemagicians that helped make this experiment possible. Hopefully they are recognized in their own society as much as our own greatest minds are, if not more-so.

Gilhelmi, Relyt33, Navi-Hank and 6 others like this.
  16. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

Renegade asked Circe what, if any, titles she used when they first met; he may have forgotten, I'm not sure if he has a perfect memory or anything like that. You could change it to "Still no titles, right?" or something like that.

Also, what's the significance of the broken sword in Circe's cutie mark? Magical power trumps martial might?

Were any non-Venturians involved at all? I feel a bit sad thinking of Renegade-Sephtian not realizing his full potential.

17. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

18. Emizaquel

I did not know this, makes total sense,

Relyt33 and vaegrim like this.
  19. Mr Zoat

No, because Luna wasn't listening last time he asked.
    That's probably what she'd say if asked. After realising that it's not that; it's that she's far happier teaching and researching than she was fighting
    He's probably going to get noticed eventually. His work on enchantment was already a set text before the SI met him, remember?

20. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Is Vaermina arguing in bad faith again, take everything he says with a mountain of salt.

If she is bigger than Grayven then something went slightly wrong for sure, she wanted to do something similar to God hood awakening and that means slowly building up power till the peak is achieved, if she got full powered alicorn mode then she is likely going to be unstable and lose some of her powers as her soul is unable to keep hold of the power it was suddenly feed.

In short I think this is what full power sunset will look like when she is done growing in power but due to her own soul immaturity she is going to get smaller till she is between the sizes of twilight and Cadance.

21. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

The fact that Renegade frowns slightly before asking the question implies that he doesn't know the answer, so the question doesn't read like he's just asking it for Luna's benefit.

I can't recall all the details of the success of Renegade-Venturia, though it seems primarily economic in nature rather than in pure thaumaturgical innovation (though I know they've developed mana siphons at least). Maybe Orin (or more likely Mera) can facilitate an intellectual exchange or a conference or something.

Relyt33 and Darko like this.
  22. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

The ending was Twilight looking back on those times.

I get that you enjoy making bad faith arguments yourself, but that's no excuse for falsely accusing others of doing so.

Now please, don't force me to embarrass you this way again, because it will be much worse for you next time.

23. Emizaquel

Okay, I had to check this on youtube, and I have no care for the show, but the while the last episode does seem to contain a flashback, there are scenes with the adult twilight and what look like old, but still living mane 6.

now, I'm going to go play some doom, that was way too saccharine for me.

24. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

As if pony immortality would be a challenge for Grayven.

Noice. Sunset Alicorn.

Princess Starlight when?

Princess of Trickery Trixie when?

PRINCE BIG MAC WHEN?????

25. ArKFallen

ArKFallen _____

26. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

Why would you want those two maniacs to become princesses?

This on the other hand I have no problem with :D

27. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Vaermina makes good arguments every once in a while, but most of the time his arguments usually rely on obscure interpretations of Canon events or pseudo canon, once a blue moon he makes an argument that you can agree with, but most of the time he is just trying to pretend he knows more about anything than anyone else and even when he is explicitly wrong he will never admit as much... Some would accuse him of trolling, but I think it's just pathological.

Who cares about what you think Vaermina?

The only works of fiction in with I can claim some expertise are the Mass Effect franchise, some massive hours dumped into several square games, and some shows that had rabbit holes in their expanded universes. I do so because I have invested absurd amounts of time in each of them. The only way I debate in bad faith is when my knowledge gets retconed, or when I am in parrot mode repeating what someone else has argued and sourced, that is orders of magnitude better than your usual aptitude in regards to unimportant internet screaming matches, hence why I can assure you I am not in the ignored list of several users at least not for my arguments in regards to fiction...

My political views are a whole different issue.

Now leaving behind this unimportant derail, this side episode has been entertaining, but I could have done without the days that got WASTED in warhammer, and fallout because unlike what is happening in pony land those events will have absolutely no measure of importance in regards to the plot at large.

28. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

On the other hand, Luna was stuck in stasis for a thousand years and she emerged looking like that, before being reduced in size when she was defeated with the magical friendship rainbow laser. I think it might simply be a marking of power levels rather than age; I'd guess it's just that power levels usually increase over time as an alicorn gets older.

Is Sunset trying to make Celestia jealous here?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Ardy, Xjalnoir, Belenus and 7 others like this.
  29. hkim

hkim Know what you're doing yet?

[​IMG]

30. Mr Zoat

When she has it explained to her that levelling up is better for everypony involved than levelling down. She's one of the few ponies in Equestria who could cast this spell.
    When Starlight gets around to her.
    Probably as above.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021