1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat does Hephaestus have any children, aside from the one with Athena, in your story?

Was reading some of the myths and I saw that he was married to Aglaea and had several daughters with her.

Does Eris have children like in the myths, like Neikea, Algae, Ate, Makhai etc.?

Ardy, DrThoth and Xmaster3000 like this.
  2. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

It can't be! She's totally over Celestia. She said so.

3. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

It's silly rather than pervy.

Plus the fact that Spike was teen dragon-sized. A fully mature dragon is fuckoff huge. Remember Torch? His head was the size of a house.

Ardy, Xjalnoir, Belenus and 4 others like this.
  4. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

I don't know. Maybe? They're unlikely to become relevant.

5. Xmaster3000

Xmaster3000 Know what you're doing yet?

I would like to point out that it was at most a ten-year time skip.

6. Rafin

Rafin Not too sore, are you?

That would depend which Eris she is. The "Hera's daughter" one isn't known for having a dozen of horrible children. The "daughter of Primordial Night" one does.

Darko likes this.
  7. fluffy

fluffy Not too sore, are you?

Wheres the mad scientist laugh? I was promised a mad scientist laugh.

Ardy, Darko and Lupercal like this.
  8. Lupercal

Lupercal Not too sore, are you?

I feel the need to point out that Big Mac would be totally fine being called Princess Big Mac.

9. Awkward

Awkward Know what you're doing yet?

Actually that's twilight in her forties or fifties, since her friends are still alive and only have mild graying of their hair.

Ardy, Lupercal and Pinklestia like this.
  10. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Is not impossible for Twilight to grow in power that fast, considering Cadance was taller than her as an alicorn while only having like two decades at most over Twilight age.

Ardy likes this.
  11. Awkward

Awkward Know what you're doing yet?

I think you replied to the wrong comment friends, I didn't talk about power at all.

12. rubyphenix

rubyphenix Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Just wondering with all these seperate different story snippets, are there a place where their collected and sorted or do you just have to go looking through all tge threads yourself.

13. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

That image is exactly what I'd expect a Sunset Shimmer to look like! :D

Lupercal likes this.
  14. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
    Ardy likes this.
  15. Mr Zoat

This... Must be how Chojin Patriarch feels looking at my posts.

I have a word document for each episode on my computer at home, and a back up on a data stick. But I usually locate things I half-remember using Google advanced search on the story only thread.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
  16. WaleXdraK

WaleXdraK Not too sore, are you?

Celestia looked exactly the same now that she did when she banished Luna a 1000 ago and she wasn’t really older then Luna, it doesn’t look like all alicorn age up the same way, if you think Celestia appearance is how alicorne look when they are past 1000 years old then it would mean that at the very least Celestia is 2000 years old, (so Sunset would just have burned half her lifespan) furthermore Celestia and Luna aren’t dead in the future but decided to retire also it wouldn’t be a real problem with all the way to extend one lifespan in Dc Comics.

Vorian, Ardy and Lupercal like this.
  17. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Kind of already stated, but Twilight wasn't 1000 years old in that episode. It was only however long it took characters that were children in the rest of the series to reach adulthood.

I think the Mane 6 were all in their 30s or something, and any signs of aging were just exaggerations on the animators' part. "See! They're older now!"

The flashbacks in the episode were only about the events surrounding Twilight's coronation.

Ardy and Lupercal like this.
  18. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

So, tricky question, what would Sunset say if a filly asked if they could roast marshmallows using her aura? :)

w34v3r, Ardy, Lupercal and 1 other person like this.
  19. Jormuungaand

Jormuungaand Out of work World Serpent

She’d glare at the filly while trying to suppress laughter.

Lupercal likes this.
  20. Mr Zoat

Sunset: "'Can' as in ' is it possible to?' or 'can' as in 'will I let you?'?"

21. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Starlight already is a Princess in an alternate timeline and is apparently gathering and uplifting an army of herselves to alicornhood to combat some threat...or..possibly just to troll Twilight.

I don't care if it's not canon. ForgaLorga is awesome.

22. Enochi

Enochi Having way to much fun with AI.

I haven't heard it stated in any canon source that alicorns are Immortal/Ageless or Mortal either way. So its up to authorial interpretation. Personally I lean toward the Immortal/Ageless side myself. Seems more interesting that way.

Now it could theoretically be a good bit of time into the future as we don't know pony lifespans really. And it was said Granny Smith was their at the founding of Ponyville which was according to winter wrap up hundreds of years ago. So...eh?

Also....how do ponies measure time? I remember this snippet from Alicornundrum

The next stop was the great clock. It was a gigantic thing, a massive clockwork of glass and gilding and gears the size of a two-story building, that sat in the middle of the palace right where everypony passed by on their work day. Nyx had found the doorway into the inner workings on her first day and had marveled at the massive cogs and levers and gears working away, measuring out the day.. That stop off was a little disappointing; the enormous clockwork was being dismantled and maintenanced, and workponies were climbing in and out, hauling parts and shouting at one another, so there wasn't even a chance to sneak inside and look around. "No worries, though," the forepony said to the children cheerfully. "We'll have her back together in just a few hours and running the castle schedule right as rain."

Gossamer hovered in front of the stilled clock face. She had the look of somepony thinking very, very hard. One could almost see the smoke rolling out of her ears. "How do you know?" she finally said.
    The forepony looked up at her. "Pardon?"

"How do you know that it'll be right?" she said. "The right time, I mean?"

The forepony scratched his mane under his hard hat. "I don't follow," he said, confused.

Gossamer fluttered down to hover in front of his face. "Okay, you said everypony in the castle sets their clocks by this one, right?" she said. "So how do you set this one?"

The forepony grinned, back on familiar ground. "We use the sun dial out in the courtyard, little lady," he said.

"But that's the thing," Gossamer said. "The sun comes up whenever Princess Celestia says it does! It reaches high noon whenever she says it does, too! She could sleep in late one day or something..."
    "No, no, she gets up at the crack of dawn--" Nyx started to say. Then her brow furrowed. "Wait a minute...."

"Yeah, but dawn only cracks when she says it does," Killdeer pointed out. He looked at Adder and grinned. "Dude. That would be awesome. We could sleep in as long as we want!"

"Oh, she'd never do that," the forepony protested. "Princess Celestia is much too devoted to her duty to do that. Besides, her steward sets her alarm clock every day."

"And he sets it by what, again?" Gossamer said, pointing at the enormous, inert clock behind them. Brows furrowed, eyes went wide as realization set in. "Uh huh, you see? You see? Nopony knows what time it is! Nopony!" Gossamer threw her tiny forehooves wide. "It could be yesterday, or tomorrow, or tea time last Tuesday, right now, and nopony would ever know it!"

Nyx looked at Doubloon. "I think I wanna stop thinking about this," she said. Doubloon nodded. Fervent agreement went up from all the children. "Excuse us, Mister, we're gonna go... um... someplace else," Nyx said to the forepony. "Thank you for talking with us..." They all hastily trundled off, leaving the forepony there to dwell on his growing existential horror.

23. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I’ve assumed that Alicorn can transform / shapeshift at will. As shown by them having evil super-Saiyan modes. Explains why Luna can be small. Just because Twilight was tall in that pic, it doesn’t mean she was old.

24. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Luna is also a master of illusions and transformation magic.

25. Mr Zoat

If that's true then boy is Grayven the Renegade in for a surprise.

26. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

As seen in the Nightmare Night episode, Luna has all the powers Nightmare Moon had.

Xmaster3000, BBJimmy, w34v3r and 2 others like this.
  27. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Pun intended?

28. DrThoth

DrThoth I trust you know where the happy button is?

I may have missed it if you've started calling the Renegade Grayven for the sake of convenience, unless this is a crucial hint to how the confrontation with actual Grayven-16 will go.

Bramble Thorn, Darko and Ardy like this.
  29. Mr Zoat

No, that was just a slip on my part. I'm sure that I've done it before.

30. SebazuD

SebazuD Experienced.

So, how did they even manage to do the ritual while using the magic system from another universe considering that it's MLP canon that magc doesnt work the same in the human world?

Darko likes this.