1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Razorfloss

Razorfloss I trust you know where the happy button is?

Well that's interesting. I'm assuming you stole the sword from rat dude but I find it funnier if you stole it from mumm-ras hands so that's my head cannon. This is going to get very messy very fast if only because Fear Paul is nowhere near as nice as orange Paul.

2. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

Depends on who made the sign.

Anyways, this is dicey.

Even ignoring the threat of Tigra and Panthro being out there, or the fact that killing Lion-o and looting his gubs would increase the speed at which Mumm-ra turns his attention to the village, I don't think Yaul has jurisdiction here. Yes a case could be made for Lion-O abandoning his post or whatever the official wording for that is, but Yaul doesn't derive his authority from any connection to the previous government. Any crimes committed by Lion-O during or immediately after Mumm-Ra's attack aren't really crimes Yaul has any right to punish. Now if they've been harassing his citizens when they go out to work, run messages, or ply their trades then there might be some punishment that needs to be handed down.

Then you have to factor in the presence of the artifacts in his possession and how they change Mumm-ra's equations.

3. Redhawk

Redhawk Getting out there.

Neat! If I had a power ring I would totally subjugate cat people too. That’s like guaranteed cuddles.

4. Valiran

Valiran Seeker of fluffiness

What little I know of Thundercats is limited to a few things about the 2011 reboot, and they give me the distinct impression that Lion-O knows how to handle himself in a fight, but is poorly suited to be a ruler. From the sound of things he’s probably done some pretty dumb shit that’s gonna get him an earful from Paul.

5. Z000

Z000 If this is trash, then find me in the dumpster

Fear and Hope is a bit weird since they have external and internal part for their light

cause understanding other people fear seem kinda weird for Fear Enlightenment

so it must be internal acceptance of his fear, probably after a massive freak out like how Orange boy got his quotation

6. Razorfloss

Razorfloss I trust you know where the happy button is?

To be fair he's a bit young so it's not surprising that he's not fit to be a ruler yet. He's a bit of a shit till he gets panthra to straighten him out.

KenNM, Ardy, Lupercal and 2 others like this.
  7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hm, yeah if a person that didn't know how to write correctly wrote I TRAIDED SLAVES then it makes sense.

I thought Yaul, or whatever he's called here, was the slave trader and was stating his sins and actions, though yeah putting a sign on someone who was executed makes sense

Otto von Saurion and Istaran like this.
  8. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

If you mean the "I stole/enslaved/murdered/etc" text bits, I think those are just signs hung around/by the corpse of each infractor, and the color being what the sign causes in anyone even considering doing the mentioned crime. Otherwise, nothing Lord Paultector says itself yellow, just the quote marks.

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

When he speaks he doesn't have yellow text, but when he thinks he does.

I don't think the paragon has had any orange thought text, unless using the Honden, ever since becoming enlightened.

This could mean that it is a diffrent type of enlightenment, or that it is the fear of his populace.

NightmareWarden likes this.
  10. Fellow

Fellow Know what you're doing yet?

Thank you for that. For a moment I thought this Paul had committed an atrocity

Jaron, dogbertcarroll, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  11. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

The 2011 series, if anyone's wondering. Dang. I'd have enjoyed seeing the reaction to the corniness of the 80's series.

I'd make a crack about herding cats, but really, this Paul knows exactly how hard that is.

Harsh, but ironically in line with Sinestro's logic. If people won't behave themselves, if they think with their own wants instead of their community's needs and refuse to reform... Then they don't get to be part of that community anymore...

And Exile would not be enough for some people...

Oh, that's going to get the Twins on your side pretty damn instantly...

Ah, the lifeblood of a farming community: the tools needed to work.

Fascinating. A species of synthetic life-form? I can believe they'd be the most advanced culture remaining... And they're cute as hell.

Slowly restoring and expanding civilisation. How... Paul of him.

And Paul... 'Yaul' can't spare the charge to raid it, eh? A thorn in his side that he can't just pluck out...

The local forests having long since been cleared for farmland...

Heh. At least we know this isn't Mumm-Ra in disguise...

Again, a necessary evil for a harsh world. I can just imagine how Yaul found his way to Fear Enlightenment...

Awkward. It still has to be done, of course. Not everyone is as loyal as these two...

Good move, make her shed that Fear.

And children are resilient. It'll never leave them, but they will forget it more and more, until it only flickers forth in their worst nightmares. But they'll always be nervous about storms...

Well, time for the dark side of leadership: Discipline.

Oh, if she's happy, this is something nasty, I suspect...

Ah, the callow youth, who never expected to be thrust into leadership so soon... Still full of Compassion, and only just learning of how harsh the real world is...

King of what kingdom, boy? Didn't your kingdom get overthrown and cast down by the villains?

Good on you, Yaul. The boy has a lot to learn, and I think you might just end up teaching him a few things...

And I get the feeling she doesn't really have the temperament for a cloistered priestess. She's a paladin, through and through. Right down to a slight case of 'black-and-white' vision.

And hope the rest of their group don't try to make some ill-advised rescue mission. Because you know they'll do just that. This Tygra is just as hot-headed as Lion-O...

Not the position I expected him to be in, but inserted-Pauls generally tend to focus on improving lives. It's just that some get a better starting point than others...

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He is feared, but probably not that hated by his subjects, aside from those criminals he put to work of course.

None of the Pauls really strike me as ones that would commit atrocities, even Raul and Baul, one was a bit of a jerkass, but otherwise alright, the other was a poor bastard that is trying to make the best of a bad situation.
    Excluding the fact that Raul committed genocide as a present for Kom when he killed the Citadelians, as well as paragon and renegade who also killed them, but n all three cases the ones they genocided were pure evil.

Though i wonder how his enlightenment has altered his thinking?
    It is possible that he is now naturally predisposed to trying to intimidate to get his way and his enlightenment may be encouraging it.
    Zoat said that one of the reasons paragon wasn't more willing to engage in negotiations with Nabu was because he thought Nabu had everything he wanted, a powerful host.
    While an ordinary person would know this wasn't right, Paul would find it difficult to comprehend because of his enlightenment.

Zoat was the person who was killed for stealing food taking it from some defenseless person, because if this version can be merciful for minor crimes then I doubt he would kill someone for something that small?
    If the person stole food from children, elderly or sick people then he could have killed him

Ardy, Arghonn, Falcon_Striker and 7 others like this.
  13. zerofarad

zerofarad Know what you're doing yet?

Missing punctuation; probably a period, given the capitalized "In".

look --> took?

Mr Zoat and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  14. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Find out tomorrow!
    It's due to how yellow constructs are enhanced by other people's emotion as well as his.
    Stole? No, he killed the rat king and took his stuff.
    Oh, Mumm-Ra would want the sword back, but if the SI made it clear that he wanted a lieutenant position Mumm-Ra would probably go for it.
    Honestly? He's okay, not great.

Jaron, Bramble Thorn, Ardy and 12 others like this.
  15. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

The thing is, Yaul may actually kill them.

Fear is the source of his power and going by the yellow texts, that includes fear of himself.

david and Darko like this.
  16. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    They stole food from the collective warehouse during a time of near-starvation and strict rationing. Stealing from the strong would be worse than stealing from the weak, as the strong are the ones doing the 18 hour shifts in the fields that are needed to make sure that everyone survives the year.

17. varoksa

varoksa Getting sticky.

I dont think he will kill him because thats a bit over the top, maybe extreme public humiliation like shaving + a tattoo on his forehead that says coward with the promise that he will be healed if he "proves himself".

Prince Charon and Darko like this.
  18. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

Here's the thing, 2011 Lion-O would never be a good king. He's exactly the wrong person for the job. He's decent for leading a co-allition, or a rebellion, or a coup. Which is good, because that's what he needs to do after Mumm-ra fucks everything up.

But he'd probably have been happier as one of the warrior monks or even a court magician. He should have been apprenticed to some sort of scholar, I think he'd be genuinely a better archeologist or explorer than King.

See 2011 Lion-O some how managed to not pick up a single inkling of how politics works, nor how to pick up on people's intents.

Frankly he's kind the perfect example of why sometimes the adopted kid should get the throne, and the blood child should be shuffled into a place where they can pursue their actual areas of competence.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  19. BR549

BR549 This is filth! FILTH!!

The question is, has Panthro turned up in the Thunder Tank yet?

Because with limited ring charge, that thing might actually pose something of a threat, considering it one-shots Lizard BattleMechs.

Lupercal and Darko like this.
  20. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

The second link just goes to the Power Stones page for me. But lately image links on Wikia/Fandom don't work for me, even if I click them on the actual page and have adblock turned off. I even tried it in Firefox (same result) and Waterfox (worked properly). It just redirects to the "main" page instead of the image page.

Anyone else experiencing similar issues?

21. Ngamer11

Ngamer11 Experienced.

Will Canis ever mention this? I'd like for Paul to double take on this if Canis ever does.

I'm wondering if he has a level of self-loathing about what he did, no matter how justified. Also, I'd like for Lord Protector to admit to Lion-O behind closed doors that he isn't the greatest leader just the best one these people could get.

Sure hope Lord Protector can help her get over her seething rage at Lion-O. Or at least help her understand that some things are more important than indulging in her revenge fantasies if the two groups ever have to team up.

Fair point. I hope Lord Protector can act as a pragmatic adviser for Lion-O that the young cat can trust.

What's wrong with the link?

I really hope Lord Protector won't actually seriously consider working for Mumm-Ra. This is the guy willing to kill solar systems for his goal; someone that you should never, in any circumstance, trust in.

Also, is Lord Protector just his title, or is that literally the name he's going by?

Bramble Thorn, Ardy, Arghonn and 5 others like this.
  22. Mr Zoat

I forgot to put in the [/url] after WilyKit, then QQ made it worse.

23. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

I don't believe that's a good metric to use, all genocides ever committed were against people who were 'pure evil' from the perspective of those committing it anyway...

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Fair point Dat_Noob, but in this case if the one you genocided was full of people who liked to torture, rape, pillage and murder and had no redeeming qualities whatsoever, then genocide sounds like a good solution.
    Even the Vikings liked to explore.

25. Mr Zoat

Danes liked to explore. 'Viking' pretty much literally means 'brigand', as in 'to go viking' means 'to go pillaging, raping and burning'.

26. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

How does this SI look? Did he turn himself into a buff teenager? Or maybe make himself look like the natives?

Ardy, DAT_NOOB and Darko like this.
  27. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

Haven't seen the 2011 series. Does Lion-O still gather and herd a bunch of cats with a sword-sized laser pointer?

Jormuungaand, Ardy, w34v3r and 3 others like this.
  28. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think Zoat said something about him being emaciated because the ring burned off all unnecessary fat.

29. Prince Charon

Prince Charon Just zis guy, you know?

That's one of the possible origins, but it can also mean 'traveling.'

30. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Almost certainly the objection was to the unit of measurement not to your conclusion.

Lupercal likes this.