1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

2. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat I was rereading some of your previous posts and you said the SI's story would end with him shaking his head and leaving the League, also I saw on TV Tropes that the final episode, Victory Lap, would have maybe featured the paragon meeting canon Zatanna, and you said that Paul will get the Sword of the Fallen from another universe and use it to kill a version of Nabu.

Is this still going to happen, because that would explain him leaving the League, but it would be the canon League?

Prince Charon, Ardy and DAT_NOOB like this.
  3. Azure Mirage

Azure Mirage Making the rounds.

Those folks who keep saying 2011 Lion-O would not be a good leader keep reminding me how the series was painfully cut short. Cartoon Network lied to the creative team about having 52 episodes to tell their story as opposed to 26. From that one interview I mentioned in my last post; I remember that the creative team was going to take a page from the comic series based on the original show that was a continuation of the story; and have Lion-O give Tigra the post of King while he went away and learned to become a better leader.

He would have returned a decade later from his training to find Tigra was not doing too great at the whole king thing and was just barely keeping things together. The story would have had Lion-O getting the 'band' as it were back together to finish off Mumm-Ra and his Empire.WilyKat was to have become the best thief around and WilyKit would have become a leader in her own right of one of the other animal clans. I think the elephants? Anyway Lion-O would have gotten with an aged up WilyKit before the story finished and Mumm-Ra would have been defeated but potentially not entirely killed leaving things open for a sequel if things had gone well.

Naturally its the classic heroes journey that we got to see the start of with the 2011 show. Start off with a rough knucklehead and watch them shape up to become something better than they were before.

From my standpoint Faul would benefit from aligning himself with Lion-O and his group in the practical sense of more than likely gaining access to the Book of Omens (without a fight which wastes charge) which is a repository of lost knowledge which includes technology; tech that can potentially give him a better way to power his ring besides the method he currently uses.

But this is Zoat's story and I have dozens of other purely Thundercats focused fan-fiction I can read if things go in a direction I don't like as a reader anyway. I am mostly here just to read Zoat's work anyway no matter the topic because it is so fascinating and entertaining.

Ngamer11, Ardy, DAT_NOOB and 6 others like this.
  4. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Well, the upside of the upcoming Crisis of Infinite Pauls is that the likes of Thundercat King Paul might get access to interdimensional travel tech that'd let them visit DC to get Lanterns - I get the impression that Sinistro would be entirely happy to induct this Yellow Lantern version of Paul into the Sinistro Corps, even if Paul's duty as King of Thundera prevented him from joining Sinistro's war with the Guardians and Green Lantern Corps.

5. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Did I? Ah. Maybe? That's a long way off and I might end up writing something completely different.
    Thing is, he's never heard of the Book of Omens. Plus, he already downloaded quite a bit from Mumm-Ra's ship. His largest restriction on expansion at the moment is his own lack of ring charge.

His actual plan is to use Mumm-Ra's navigational data and backtrack his voyages to see if he can make allies with his previous victims. But he needs enough power to make the trip and he needs to make sure that things won't collapse in his absence.

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Oh so this version could have his own space adventures if he gets a ring charge?

7. Mr Zoat

Certainly. He'd need to know where he was going and have enough charge, of course.

8. mirasin

mirasin Not too sore, are you?

Yeah sv has some problems, I got a strike for saying trap in parentheses after saying feminine looking male as a way to punctuate or describe it and when I argued with the moderator about it I got a temp ban so I went to a higher up mod about it and got nothing so i reported them and got a perma ban

Ardy, dogbertcarroll and Cuchulin like this.
  9. Ancalador

Ancalador Know what you're doing yet?

This sentence is all yellow. Obviously.

10. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Affairs of other boards and a huge off topic derail. I believe there is a thread for this kind of stuff and it isn't this one.

Prince Charon, Ardy, Valint and 3 others like this.
  11. Mr Zoat

Well, yes. Obviously a trap has to be deliberate. I mean, if someone steps onto a banana skin and falls over it isn't a trap, it's a pratfall. That's probably why it bothered them.
    Weird. It's right on my versions. Corrected.

12. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Sinestro-ring would be proud.
    Or at least low-key approving.

Somewhat surprised Mumm-Ra isn’t dead. My knowledge of the setting (admittedly rather limited) suggests a Lantern should crush him. By orbital bombardment if nothing else.

dogbertcarroll likes this.
  13. Mr Zoat

First, the SI has power supply problems. Secondly, Mumm-Ra has a range of magic abilities the SI doesn't understand. Thirdly Mumm-Ra is highly mobile. Fourthly, Mumm-Ra has a loyalish army. Fifthly, Mumm-Ra has access to technologies that the SI doesn't understand.

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hope Yaul and Lion O behave themselves in the next chapters.

In the words of Abridged Steve Trevors:

-Like George W. you need to set an example. Unlike George W. you need to set a good example.

Mr Zoat, Prince Charon, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  15. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Does 2011 Mum-Ra still need his coffin? Because if he does destroying it shouldn't be that hard.

16. Mr Zoat

I'm assuming that the 'W' stands for 'Washington', because otherwise you'd be breaking the 'no modern politics' rule, and also because I'm British.
    The SI doesn't know, but the reports that he's heard haven't mentioned it and if he does it's sitting in the middle of a massive and well-defended space ship.

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Well making a countries leading and founding principles freedom and liberty, but still having slavery, is really hypocritical and a totally bad example to set.

18. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Well, to corroborate some earlier stuff from Azure Mirage.

The plan was that Lion-O was going to go inside the Book of Omens for 10 years to train. When he popped back out he was going to be, like, the cat man version of Conan the Barbarian. And, yes, he was going to end up taking an all grown up Wilykit as his queen. (And yes, during the time skip she ends up in charge of the elephant people.)

He was going to gather up all the allies he had made and go kick Mumm-Ra's ass. As he struck Mumm-Ra down, one of Mumm-Ra's bandages was going to go flying off in the wind. Then he was going to re-establish Thundera, but with all the people who opposed Mumm-Ra living there in peace instead of what it used to be. (So no more cat supremacism.)

Then as a sequel hook, that bandage that flew off was going to land on the face of some random cat farmer. At which point the poor bastard is forcibly mummified and dragged underground.

A big part of why so much info on how things would have gone is out there is because they show makers were actually told that they were getting a Season 2, but while they were still in the middle of working on it Cartoon Network changed its mind and cancelled it.

They also intended for the show to be for teenagers and people who grew up with the 80s show, even intending it to be aired on adult swim, but Cartoon Network basically ignored that and meddled to have it marketed to little kids.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020
  19. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey Zoat is this going to be the last alternate universe version SI for this episode?

DAT_NOOB likes this.
  20. Mr Zoat

Yes. Unless I get a sudden bolt of inspiration.

21. w34v3r

w34v3r Versed in the lewd.

... Ok see that's the problem, Lion-O 2011 fundamentally doesn't get that the most important aspect of being a leader is being there. He keeps trying to find himself rather than just accept the fact that being a leader sucks but it's still gotta be done, and that he's going to fuck up and feel terrible about it, or not fuck up and still feel terrible about it.

He keeps trying to solve a perceived problem instead of understanding the system around it.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  22. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

Episode 59: Do Over

Hinon?

Chojin Patriarch likes this.
  23. GhostKing 666

GhostKing 666 Know what you're doing yet?

Actually, from what I can gather from the wiki, the Berbils are probably the second most advanced culture remaining. The Bird-People's flying city-state of Avista is probably the most advanced civilization on the planet.

They'd probably be the rulers of the planet if they weren't simply satisfied by floating over it. Though they do need to have their warbook rewritten as they apparently haven't had a real war since the rebellion against Mumm-Ra.

24. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Sixth Mumm-Ra can only be killed by the Sword of Omens, a thing the Paul SI can never use.

25. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Obligatory Clarke quote.

Sadly, no, there are two characters with confusingly similar names.

Prince Charon, Darko, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  26. GhostKing 666

GhostKing 666 Know what you're doing yet?

It's magic. Thundercats has always been one of those settings where there are both advanced technology and spaceships, as well as wizards, spirits and mystical objects of power. And the Mumm-Ra of the 2011 series doesn't have any issues with using both to gain power.

27. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Oh, I know. I wasn't complaining.

Cuchulin likes this.
  28. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

Wonder what setting White Lantern Paul is in....

One of the more comic based Marvel Universes? Classic or New World of Darkness? South Park?

Doccer, True Ninja and Darko like this.
  29. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

Maybe it's Grayven that has spoiled me with the trolls because I expected Yellow Lantern Paul to say just
    "Of?"
    or
    "Oh congratulations! Of?"
    "Huh?"
    "I am congratulating you on establishing your new Kingdom. And asking what lands and people you are are King of. After all, it sure isn't anywhere near here!"

30. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Ok, I don't know anything about ThunderCats lore but what if you threw them into a star?