1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Does he have any name aside from Lord Protector that others call him and what is it?

If he starts a romantic relationship with Khoah I assume she would call him by his name rather than his title, or affectionate words like beloved or my love, at least when their in private.

Prince Charon likes this.
  2. masterofmadness

masterofmadness Know what you're doing yet?

I imagine that explanation will be something along the lines of:

"Sorry but this is the best option. If you killed him it would inspire hatred and rebellion in the rest of the cats and if he stayed he would have undercut my authority, better he just leaves. Sometimes we need to give up our personal desires for the greater good no matter how we feel."
    It occurs to me if he starts dating Khoah wouldn't that make him the Kittens' new stepdad? Cause that is going to be an awkward relationship for a while. Especially since I highly doubt He will be allowing the two of them to do anything dangerous and will pull them away by force if needed whether they like it or not. Sorry kids, you new Stepdad isn't letting you go on any adventure and that is final, kids show or not!

3. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

You clearly think I put far more thought into these things than I actually do.

4. Simonbob

Simonbob Really? You don't say.

Yes.

It's only been 2 chapters, but I'm liking it.

SpaceJelly and Darko like this.
  5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Yes of course I think you put that much thought into these things.

david likes this.
  6. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

...I was referring to Lion-O, and the talking noises from the start that Yaul was ignoring.

7. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

is eidetic now.

(on the story only thread again)

8. SpaceJelly

SpaceJelly What was I doing again...?

Checks
    Huh. I missed the previous update somehow.

RichardWhereat likes this.
  9. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey Zoat did Dox alter himself to give himself a 12th level intellect with his ring?

Bramble Thorn likes this.
  11. Idkusername

Idkusername Versed in the lewd.

My space station is your space station?

Prince Charon likes this.
  12. Wheenesss

Wheenesss Versed in the lewd.

Given everything I felt it was prudent to update the list. Did I leave anyone out?

13. Shotiegun11

Shotiegun11 Know what you're doing yet?

14. SirKaid

SirKaid Know what you're doing yet?

Alternatively:

"Lion-O is a lightning rod for Mumm-Ra's attention. It is best for him to continue to act in that way; while satisfying, killing him would just hasten the time when Mumm-Ra turns his gaze in our direction."

15. thegamma

thegamma Getting some practice in, huh?

Any chance we'll see a version of Paul in one punch man or my hero academia?

Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  16. Mr Zoat

Very little. The first never describes what the world is like outside of Japan, and I've never watched the second.

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Did Dox alter himself with the ring to gain a 12th level intellect?
    If he didn't then why not?

If you were to choose a anime universe to write a version of the SI that ended up there then which one would it be?

18. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Actually, OPM doesn't take place in Japan. It takes place on an alternate version of Earth where the majority of the planet's landmass is part of a single supercontinent, much like Dragonball before it, the locals call it Earth, but it definitely isn't the same Earth we live on.

19. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

The cat-girl romance is becoming a theme.

Picked the ‘wrong’ starting quest it seems. Chose to found a kingdom rather than start a one-man war.
    Great for the people under his protection. Rather bad for everyone else Mumm-Ra is screwing with.

20. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

As a self-identified anime schoolgirl, Coda calls Coda's self "Coda" all the time!

21. rdfox

rdfox Know what you're doing yet?

Clearly, between this, romancing Komand'r in another reality (Tamaraneans are feline-descended), and Grayven both having that threesome with her and Koriand'r and now romancing Luna, Zoat has at least some furry tendencies. (I, for one, approve. Well, except for Luna, but that's because I've avoided watching MLP out of a desire to protect what's left of my Y chromosome. ;) )

Ngamer11, Lord Ernest and Cuchulin like this.
  22. Mr Zoat

No, because 1) he doesn't trust the ring and 2) that would make him genetically identical to his father, whom he hates.
    If I pick Konosuba, can the goddess give me a lantern as a signing on bonus?
    Oh, I didn't know that.

Still wouldn't want to live there.
    The cat-people are at least cat people. The dogfolk just have dog heads stuck on.
    It wouldn't be a one-man war. It would be 'can I kill him fast enough, because I only get one shot at this'?
    As far as I remember, Third Earth 2011 doesn't have humans living on it. If it was the original Thundercats, then yes, the SI would be making a choice regarding fur-no fur.

There are for female romance options. Three of them are cats.

23. Chaoswind

Chaoswind Lord of nonsense

Manga already explained part of the background history, not only this isn't earth the struggle between humans and monsters tribes has been going on for aeons, humans won a war aeons ago and exterminated most of the other races and thus achieved 'peace' but modern humans grew weak and the monsters are fighting back now...

There are two known types of 'monsters' the natural ones (tribes, aliens, etc), and human monsters (humans that become monsters even if they retain a human form), sweet mask explains it, but going any further is a huge spoiler.

Prince Charon and Cuchulin like this.
  24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Dox seemed angry that Brainiac gave him a lower intellect than his so giving himself one that rivals him would be a nice way to spite him.
    If he is worried about being genetically identical to his father then he could alter something else about himself and then give himself the brain boost, though yeah he may not be thinking rationally there given the hatred.

Who are the other three romance options that yellow Paul has, aside from Khoha?

25. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

I dont known if she could do that, but she very likely could give you the capability to make one, like that one adventurer who got the ability to create technological marvels, super weapons and even turn people into crimson demons.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  26. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

I assume you also wouldn't want to live in Teen Titans Go, or with an antigreen power ring, but alternate versions of the SI have been shown in those situations, so a OPM-Earth version of the SI probably wouldn't have that much choice in the matter.

Darko likes this.
  27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Don't forget our dear Blue Lantern version.

28. Mr Zoat

Pumyra, the militant option, is the other option available from near the start. She's the best choice if you want to form a warband, learn non-power ring combat... Or side with Mumm-Ra.

The other two require effort to locate.

Fan demand meant that Cheetara's inclusion was inevitable. However, Cheetara is canonically only interested in Tigra, flirting with Lion-O only to get him to focus on his job. Which means that she's only romancable if Tigra is dead. If that happens, she'll focus on being whatever Lion-O needs to become a great king, leaving no time for romance. So he has to die too. That usually results in her making a suicide run on Mumm-Ra. If you talk her out of it or help her succeed, and have demonstrated a degree of willingness to lead Thundara, she may lock onto you as the next 'king'. What happens next depends on your karma. High karma, and she eventually comes to love you. Good but not great karma, and you have a 'working' marriage. Bad karma and she kills you and then herself.

The last is Mumm-Rana. Not an easy one to trigger. You need to locate the White Pyramid and have a power stone going spare. She gives great access to magic and advanced technology, but the diplomacy penalties are horrid. She quite literally can't regard Mumm-Ra's creations as anything more than tools at best, and will openly discuss 'culling' them. On the plus side, she looks fully human while powered up, and only needs a couple of stones and some raw materials to retain human form permanently.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Wonder how their sexual relationship would work, seeing as the Thundercats seem to be more human looking in comparison to Cheetah?
    Peter and her couldn't kiss, aside from just on the lips, because of her fangs and rough tongue, but at least she has multiple nipples, so that...
    Wonder if these cat people also have multiple nipples?

How long has this version been on this world?

Cuchulin likes this.
  30. Mr Zoat

Pretty... Normally?
    I don't believe there's a canonical answer for the 2011 series.