1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Gaming Stories, Video and Tabletop

Discussion in 'General' started by CptTagon, Sep 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

One of the types of Eidolon you can have is the bond of the Shadow, which is facing your "Shadow" and using that to form your eidolon. You can also have your Eidolon have the fiend subtype.

Mutations in the version we noted include claws, the ability to wield weapons, and shooting spines. There is also a form evolution that lets you have a humanoid eidolon also count as a quadruped.

So you can easily fluff it as having Demon King Nobunaga with either clawed armor or swords, while making it so the spines are fluffed as him shooting a person or having bits of his armor shoot out and stab people. The quadruped/centaurian evolution can be fluffed as him being on his horse as well.

[​IMG]
    There is also giant form, which could be fluffed as Mecha-Nobunaga

2. cross_grave

cross_grave Belligerent Spitire

...God damn it, I need to look it up and use that in a Pathfinder game someday.

3. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

it was a DnD 5e homebrew, possibly unearthed arcana I forget

4. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

in a continuation of the bizarre events of my cyberpunk campaign

Medtech got partially eaten by an alligator after talking about eating its kids

This is after getting a map from a shady man who told her he had captured genetically engineered abominations against nature in the sewer Medtech went to, and while trying to find the entrance to a megacorp's underground labs.

Rocker rolled 5 10s in an athletics roll, making it so he essentially broke through the speed force, but rolled the maximum amount of psychic damage gained from doing so (we have been using the supplements for psychic powers and using some tables from Warhammer for when people roll 1s)

Cop and Medtech rolled ones at the exact same time on trying to use their luck, resulting in a roll in the Perils of the Warp (Blood rain plus corruption) and Psychic Phenomena (all the plants in a large area died)

The blood also resulted in Cop and Medtech gaining corruption and mutations. Which I did explain to them.

Several players decided to collect the blood and in the next session they insisted on trying to experiment on it

Me: Okay, medtech. Roll pharmaceuticals.

Medtech: 1

Me:...

Medtech: Rocker stole all the luck last time

Me: Roll psychic phenomena

Medtech: *spoilage of all the food in water in the area*

Me: All the water in the hotel turns into blood and anyone eating food suddenly tastes blood.

Fixer: I run the tap and collect more blood.

Medtech then rolled another 1 on trying to make a plan to destroy the corporate building with demolitions, and the fumble table had it so he had to roll trying to make it sound like he knew what he was saying

Medtech: nat 10

Everyone *fail*

Me: How do you want to say it

Medtech: I say we need a lot of explosives

Me:....

Medtech: I spew a lot of bullshit and terminology

Me: The word quantum is somewhere in there since no one else has any skill in technology

Medtech's luck finally turned around after the group decided to try to make a deal with a mob boss, though in the process of doing so the Mob boss rolled that he knew everyone other than medtech, was able to see through medtech's lies, and forced medtech to make a bomb out of scrap *in which medtech got tens on an electronics roll even though he only had 4 points in it, and on the demolitions roll*

Me: okay, so. You guys had promised to help the Mob boss with drugs.

Fixer: I tell him we have a person who has been studying the blood

Me:...are you guys sure you want to go with the blood

They agreed on it being the blood despite Medtech already being a drug dealer in another city with a good operation there

Me: Okay, Medtech. Roll pharmaceuticals again.

Medtech: Success

Me: Medtech, you are studying the psychic blood rain that caused you to horrifically mutate. You are rolling on psychic phenomena

Medtech: *rolls shadows of the warp and gets the max on corruption which puts Medtech onto the mutations table*

Me: Roll mutation

Medtech: *Rolls irrational hatred*

Me: Roll on your hatred

Medtech: *rolls humans as the thing that they have violent irrational hatred for*

Me:...*reads the table* you despise humanity now. Looking at the blood and experimenting on it causes everyone to have horrifying visions *everyone but medtech succeeds a hard resist torture drugs save* and during that you realize that you hate humanity

Fixer: Oh, so he just became a cyberpsycho

Me: essentially yes.

Medtech: So what do I learn

Me: You realize it is a powerful mutagen

Medtech: I tell everyone it fucks with your body

Me: You are a medtech with high cyber tech, pharmaceuticals, chemistry, and biology. You know what the word mutagen is

Fixer: Yeah, I'd assume you would call it a mutagen.

Medtech's luck then became completely schizophrenic as he kept fumbling while working on other explosives and only barely avoided getting blown up.

Vorian, Gregory Crey, mrttao and 4 others like this.
  5. cross_grave

So, how long until Medtech degenerates into some kind of fucked-up eldritch spawn? Place your bets.

mrttao likes this.
  6. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Medtech actually has a body of 16, so technically he has a while before he turns into a chaos spawn (he would need around 16 mutations for that, less if I don't count augments that increased it. But there are plenty of things which can make him incredibly horrifying

7. Megaolix

Megaolix Moderator

So, how long before a task force drop in to stop them from fucking with reality again?

8. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Right now there is a psychic working for a conspiracy that might end up killing them, there is also a government team they are likely to meet soon, and a guy with CIA contacts that worked with the players before has people observing the area.

Also the AI that is one of the reasons they got sent on this mission got accidentally pulled in with Rocker when he rolled 5 tens in a row on an athletics check, and one of its specialties is studying psychics.

So one of the players might get captured by their "boss" and experimented on

9. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Another way in which some of the players in my game might get screwed over is that one of them has an AI in his head that has wireless access to the net (which is unusual in the setting)

Said AI has high skill levels in accounting, streetwise, business sense, stock market, forgery, gambling, and remote piloting.

Rocker is the one who has the AI in his head and he barely does anything with the AI, and when he does it is generally something like

Rocker: I need you to analyze the death gas outside.

AI: The only cyberware you have is a neural processor and reflex enhancement. How am I suppossed to analyze the chemical makeup of it? And even then, I don't have a database on chemistry, and there are government and corporate agencies preventing people from accessing the net

Rocker: You're an AI. You are supposed to know about chemicals

AI: *Is as flabbergasted as me*

then there are times where Rocker said stuff like how he wasn't real and is just in his head despite knowing it is an AI

And Cop said that even genetically engineered constructs who are mostly human and self-aware aren't real people.

Medtech has been competitive against the AI in their few interactions.

Really, Fixer is the only one that the AI likes and has been supportive of the machine.

So right now there is an AI who has been openly (to the team) doing stuff like buying small properties and businesses (the team knows it has been operating and owning an ice cream store via machines) and has also been doing stuff like hacking into databases to steal money, forge records, and blackmail people while also hiring assassins, using automated vehicles to assassinate people, gambling with others, and doing a lot of other stuff to buy stocks in a lot of different corporations so it can preserve its own life (because the team keeps doing crazy stuff).

If Rocker dies or gets kidnapped there is a good chance that a corporate team will extract them due to the fact that one of their shareholders being in his head.

The AI actually managed to become majority shareholder of a small company due to really good rolls.

10. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

Rocker... why are you antagonising the AI in your head? It’s not helpless, it could be useful and you’re kinda giving it lots of good reasons to think humans are dumb.

11. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Later on they did use it for...one netrun in the campaign so far after I reminded them that it can do that. Though there were times where the players were assuming the AI could instantly do complex netrunner hacks.

Me: Guys, Netrunning is not magic. That he can crack into a megacorp's database and start looking through it in a day is superhuman already.

I actually did give them the AI's statsheet and so far Fixer is the one that has had the most ideas on how to use him effectively.

Rocker: He's like a tulpa

Me:...No, he is an AI that wasn't created by you. You can influence his development, but that involves you putting in effort to try to teach him.

Over 8 sessions with the AI and he hasn't really tried that yet.

They also bought a car that turned out to have an AI in it. Rocker is the one who owns the car and the AI likes him, but Cop is the one that mainly drives.

Things got weird and sexual as everyone realized the car talk they were using sounded very different with a human mind-upload inside the car.

At this point there are times where Rocker has two AIs in his head at the same time. I'm fairly certain I might end up implementing an extra sanity component because I don't think the human brain will be able to handle that very well.

The AI also was in Rocker when he rolled 5 10s on an athletics roll and then crit failed some additional rolls which resulted in them having a very bad contact with psychic powers (Their rolls on psychic encounters included seeing Azathoth) and taking massive psychic damage that nearly turned him into a vegetable (he rolled max on damage after nat failing his resistance check). So while Rocker's mind basically short-circuited, the AI had the displeasure of experiencing all the horrible things and is incapable of suppressing them.

Rocker also met a person he thinks is Nikola Tesla, was friendly, and then proceeded to intentionally ignore and snub him when seeing him again.

edit

Though doing the netrun meant that they let the AI do an unsupervised netrun into the database of an evil megacorp that has been doing all kinds of mind control research, other bad things, and access to some of the black sites and slush funds the corp has.

Which is just giving the AI more power

12. LurkingInTheDeceit

I’ve been listening to a Pathfinder podcast recently (I’m 111 episodes in), and I’m left wondering if players are so distracted playing their characters that they forget to treat NPC’s as actual people. They’re so needlessly antagonistic, and they don’t really try and empathise with others beyond their personality/backstory spells out.

13. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

The plan my players made when it came to trying to get a meeting with a mob boss was to immediately find one of his underlings and beat them up and tell them to send a message

Me asking them if they want to piss off the mob boss got it down to: Threaten the minion into a dribbling mess of terror

While having a rockerboy with high persuade and empathy in the party.

They go straight to the most extreme options, which is why I constantly remind medtech of the fact that they fired machine-guns and mortars at an occupied mall, killing hundreds of people even if they ignore the gangsters in the bodycount.

edit

There was also the time where Rocker wanted to befriend kids from a High-Security School where all of them were there because they were required to go to school but were all dangerous criminals of one sort or another.

Rocker: Violence is bad

me: You are saying that next to the mob boss

Rocker: You shouldn't steal

Me: The Mob Boss just PAID a kid to give him blackmail material on the principal.

*Successful persuasion roll*

Me: In a show of solidarity the biker gang teens offer to do some non-addictive drugs that INCREASE empathy for a time with you.

Rocker: I take the drugs from them and say drugs are bad.

Me: I am rolling to see whether the leader is going to kick you with a cyber leg that does 6d6 damage now, he also has martial arts and high body. *Rolls* He doesn't obliterate your organs but he is taking the drugs back. You have disrespected the drug pipe of peace and made it so they are not your friends.

14. LurkingInTheDeceit

I feel like your campaign is both better and worse than the one I’m listening to. On one hand your players seem much more extreme and oblivious to how normal people actually act, on the other hand you seem to be properly tracking and implementing the consequences to their actions. The one I’m listening to has the players being needlessly aggressive to most of the NPC’s (and each other at times) without much IC reasoning (or OC reasoning) for that behaviour, but it’s not as extreme in behaviour. There doesn’t seem to be any consequences for how they act either, so I kinda prefer how your campaign sounds tbh.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
  15. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Consequences for their actions so far

1. Arasaka kidnapped one of their friends after being accused of being the source of the person murdering their executives
    2. Juju (a medtech who did a brain upload) had one of his copies go after them once they died
    3. Leaving a bunch of bodies in a fridge without checking in on them for over a month led to the roll on whether one of them became a vampire (he did)
    4. Asking for help from the Dixie mob made it so they were forced to get involved with one of their operations
    5, Botching their ability to control a mob led to a militant buddhist group that is becoming a paramilitary group
    6. Rocker and the team refusing to even try to prevent a mob from forming during a concert led to mass unrest in the city which combined with other incidents to create a drug epidemic made out of the fungus
    7. They nearly got murdered by nomads for threatening them, but managed to turn it around into an alliance of convenience against biotechnica. Now the nomads are building a punk naught out of destroyed VTOLs and jets
    8. They blacked out a section of the city leading to a further increase in panic and street-crime
    9. A mobster now has access to a mutagen he is going to be using.
    10. The Columbian ambassador they mutilated got cyberlimbs and has created a martial arts context that is pressing all of Medtech's buttons.
    11. Medtech's armored disguise is currently wanted for the mass murder at the mall, blowing up a police transport to free prisoners, and terrorism
    12. Cop is under suspicion by his boss for working for the enemy (Fixer)
    13. Fixer's nephew was kidnapped earlier, now he is obligated to deal with some of the problems due to having made a deal with an eldritch abomination.
    14. The team went to Cop's arch nemesis to get the media to know about Biotechnica's evils, which has started a massive war and has led to her knowing about Cop's friends, meaning she will be researching them now to use their various crimes against them.
    15. The AI being left alone and annoyed has led to him amassing wealth through legal and illegal means as a way to ensure his survival.

There are also some immediate consequences, like medtech getting mauled after making jokes about eating a giant alligator's young even though it has been made clear that they are underneath a corporation that makes genetically engineered monsters

16. Heaven Canceler

Heaven Canceler Behind You!

This makes me think you should at some point make a pseudo-sequel to this story where the villains are this band of insane psychopaths.

17. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

one of the potential endings for this is Fixer summoning Hastur and leading to the world being dominated by cultists, leading to Earth being an evil space empire.

So if I do a sci-fi setting I'd probably have them as the evil empire or as an alternate dimension that invades others through eldritch powers.

18. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

Where did you even find those people shadowdice (not asking literally)
    Seriously those guys are nuts
    So... nothing actually changed?
    No wait... now they have an IC excuse for their behavior!
    "I am roleplaying my mutation guys!"

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  19. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

I knew them from Anime club in College.

On of my first thoughts upon seeing that roll was "Oh, that fits."

The player was upset about the roll, but yes. This can now explain the vast majority of Medtech's behavior

Me: I want to be very clear that of the group, the AI is technically the most moral given that Rocker murdered several innocent people with cop.

There was also a time where Rocker and Cop were driving in their new car and saw a bunch of people kidnapping a child.

Rocker: Let's just keep going

Me: *incredibly confused given how he has generally played his character and gone out of his way to try to go to the high security school*

Coo: I'll get out and help the kid.

And that is how Cop ended up getting into the good graces of Kendachi Armaments, the people who make mono swords and a variety of other deadly weapons.

That entire scene was almost entirely composed of Cop rolling crits while the kidnappers rolled low, meaning he was just blasting away with an assault rifle before running down the last one and destroying his head with a baton.

And is also the time where Cop was the most moral person in the group for a moment.

20. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

It is not a rampant AI... it is just an AI with really really bad human parents. One who is actually rebelling against them by being far more moral then them.
    (I mean sure, he blackmails people and likely even hires assassins... but that is nothing compared to the wanton destruction his human parents do)

21. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

the latest session had Medtech realize "Oh, rolling that I have a frenzied hatred of humanity has downsides" once they finally got into combat and I showed him the mechanics which included murderous rage and going after anyone considered the enemy

Medtech: So I guess I go after the scientist that tried to run away

Rocker: I try to persuade her to stop

Me: That will be a very difficult dc

Rocker: *Fails*

Cop: I'm not going to try to stop him

Me: Are you guys going to try anything else?

Rocker: No

Medtech: *murders the scientist after tearing apart the door for several turns* I'm guessing therapy won't help.

Me: I had you guys in a therapy session last time where you guys called the man pointing out that you are all murderous monsters a quack, and proceeded to try to murder him before being subdued by the semi-feral child he is socializing

Meanwhile the AI is just looking on in horror.

On the plus side. An NPC I made who had cyberlegs similar to Medtech's cyber arms *Medtech has hammerfists with hydraulic rams, the NPC has cyberlegs with hydraulic rams and spike feet so they do similar levels of damage* actually managed to survive because they kept grouping up *which made it difficult for them to shoot since people were in the way of each other* and managing to crit multiple times on a dodge. Even after getting his arms blown off. So we have a new recurring enemy

A security guard who was just too stubborn to die.

Though I also had to explain to them earlier that just using a massive amount of explosives to destroy a skyscraper instead of using actual demolitions knowledge to make it collapse would destroy a large area around the tower. Which they listened to since they were having the bill for their stay footed by the mayor.

The fight included such things as

Medtech: I throw my shield

Me:...Roll me athletics

Medtech: That isn't with martial arts is it?

Me: You don't even get that added to the damage because this is totally not something you trained to do.

Medtech: *success and does 4d6 blunt damage: rolls 20*

Me: That does not even get through his armor. You throw the shield at the guy and it bounces off his armor.

So we had several rounds of Medtech in a martial arts fight with a guy whose arms got blown off and had just seen all his friends get murdered *Though they were security guards in an evil megacorp, they are security guards and thus don't know what any of the experiments going on actually are*

Fixer: I shoot him in the head *rolls low on damage*

Me: He actually has skull plating, so, he actually *Rolls a 10 on his check* does survive this and is mostly fine despite having maluses

Medtech: I try to punch *in the 20s*

Me: *rolls double 10s on the security guard's dodge* That was over 40 and it is his turn now. He bolts.

This was like if the Black Knight was actually able to do damage after his horrible injuries.

Medtech also failed to identify a machine later, but Cop who doesn't even have a point in Basic Tech rolled a crit and got higher than Medtech, successfully identifying a machine.

...While eating the waffles of a security guard they killed in that room, while standing directly above the corpse.

22. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

I gotta say I admire their dedication to the roleplaying aspect.
    Normally its just "ok, we rolled, everyone is ded. now roll for loot. ok we gone"
    But here they go to the effort of making little touches like noting that they loot food off the corpse and are eating it while standing above it.

23. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

This scene was literally

Rocker: I walk into the next room

Me: The door closes behind you as you see a security guard with a plate of waffles near a machine which to you kinda looks like a giant waffle iron roll reflex

*Security Guard goes first and shoots Rocker in the leg after getting a crit and a 9*

Rocker: Does he catch his waffles?

Me: Yes

Rocker: *Fails to get away*

Everyone succeeded their awareness rolls so the next round had the others coming in while the guard was grappling with Rocker

Cop: I slash him with my chainsword *spends luck to get through the DC*

Me: And his arm is gone

Cop: What about the waffles?

Me: On the plate still, set on the side opposite of his chopped off arm

Medtech: I punch him in the torso *the torso is gone*

Me: Okay, he is dead

Cop: What about the waffles?

Me: The waffles are fine and surprisingly not covered in blood

Cop: I pick up the plate and start eating the waffles.

Medtech and Rocker: *can't identify the machine in the room so medtech starts to leave*: We don't know what this is, let's just go

Cop: *Rolls a crit while eating waffles* Oh, this is a high end brain dance editing device

This was a special and funny bit of murderhoboism, and medtech forgot to try and heal Rocker after the guy almost lost a leg.

24. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

Did he also forget he was injured and thus did not ask for healing?

25. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Correct, I texted them today about that fact which made them facepalm.

Though part of that was that medtech rolled a natural 1 on trying to identify a machine, and left out of frustration.

Medtech also rolled ones on trying to disarm a bomb on a handle, and a few other things (including awareness and cool checks.

26. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

My players have now tried Call of Cthulhu

Rocker is playing a Student who managed to win after being attacked by a lone cultist by rolling really well (his only combat abilities are a high dodge and a 35 in handgun), and Fixer is playing a wealthy aristocrat professor.

Both of them read Egyptian scrolls and Fixer/Professor jokingly did a ritual in the scrolls, making it so an Egyptologist who just got murdered is now a semi-conscious zombie under his command.

And Rocker/Student is at under 25 Sanity now.

Vorian, Gregory Crey, mrttao and 6 others like this.
  27. cross_grave

They're going to do untold amounts of damage.

28. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

In the most recent update of of Cyberpunk session.

Things went to shit and then went back to good stuff.

Medtech tried to take down a hallway which had two squads of guys with machine-guns, the result was getting hit by an EMP to neutralize her (the player is male but he has a female character) character's cyberarms, making it so she had no hands to use, and couldn't heal anyone else.

Medtech: Well it is time for a zabuza

*Everyone else is either hunkering down or using their turn to catch up*

Cop: I shoot them *blows off one guy's arm*

Medtech: I'm going to do a Zabuza

Me: How?

Medtech: I'm going to ram one of them.

Me: Roll

Medtech: nat 1

Cop: Why do you keep rolling ones

Medtech: Rolls max damage done to self and fails stun save

Me: I'm rolling to see if you get hit and where since you were running into a hail of bullets. *gets a headshot*

Medtech: Why?

Me: Odds or evens? You have a cowl so lets see if your extra plating was there

Medtech: even

Me: 2. So you need to make a death and stun save

Medtech: Fails stun but succeeds in death, but is out of cover

The next round had cop try to have his cyberdog drag Medtech into cover, which meant they both got shot at

Me: Well, I'm going to roll on if medtech gets hit since they are spraying a lot of machine-guns *rolls a 10*

Medtech:...

Me: *Rolls on number that hit and damage* Um, that is enough that medtech loses both of her legs.

Cop: I tell some of our npc goons to make themselves useful and try to circle around

Me: *rolls their awareness versus enemy stealth* you hear bloodcurdling screams as they open the door, which leads right into the other hallway, which has another set of squads with machine-guns that open fire on them

Cop: Now I feel bad.

Fixer: Can I roll pyrokinesis to try to cauterize Medtech's lost legs?

Me: You can roll on that

Fixer: *success*

Me: Medtech, be glad you don't take extra damage since you are already at 12 wounds.

Medtech: *still can't succeed on the stun saves* WHY?

Rocker: *after several rounds of saying he's not going to fight* I'll try to help *uses action to move*

Fixer: *succeeds very difficult check to use psychic powers to make a shield of telekinetic force and throw the guards back.

Cop: I'm going to go down the hall and fight the guys down there *crits and does maximum damage while also getting near the maximum amount of bullets to land on full auto into a crowd of goons, killing ten of them due to the location rolls*

Everyone: The god of war just really loves you

Me: The guys in that room are busy rolling first aid on their buddies.

Rocker: I fire an explosive arrow *just barely does enough damage to take out most of another group*

Bad guys: *stunned due to the explosion still*

Cop: I'm going in with the chainsword *decapitates one guy and the other manages to block with his arm, but loses it and fails his death save* YEAH!

Meanwhile

Medtech: Can I roll astral project to try and do something?

Me: roll psychic phenomena

Medtech: *Gets a roll where she has to resist with cool+resist torture and succeeds with a 10*

Me: why do you get the ten now?

Medtech: *Groans* I don't know

Medtech gets some psychic healing but the cyberlimbs are still useless and the legs can't regenerate so we had some rolls where Medtech had to direct others in setting her grenades into a bigger bomb

Me: So, your NPC lieutenant Chain will roll athletics *10*

Fixer: and I roll to shoot it and make it explode in front of the 20 dudes * gets a 1*

Me: I'm rolling on if their machine-gun fire blows it up. *10* it does. roll damage

Group: *Over 100 from 20 bombs going off*

Me: They're dead. Rocker and Cop. roll awareness

Cop: nat 10

Me: You see a turret pop up, roll athletics to try to get you and rocker into the room behind you

Cop: *nat 10*

Me: and you do.

The group then found the netrunner (a young...ish Vietnamese girl who had been in a shoe closet filled with dead bodies, gamer fuel, and a rolling turret robot) who had been hiding on that level while hacking the Biotechnica database, while that was going on Medtech had been taken to the floor below which had medical equipment, so she could direct them in how to install the cyber legs she had gotten from a guy she murdered several sessions ago and had her minions holding on to

Fixer: Why does this keep happening to you?

Medtech: I don't know

Cop: Do her tools break or something?

Me: No, we are having her roll the full humanity loss since normally it would have been halved due to having no real option right now.

Medtech: Loses over 30 humanity

Rocker: She is losing her sanity as she tries to finish her mission

Medtech: Must COMPLETE MISSION

Me: Okay, when everyone is down there preparing to leave, the door on the other end opens, the one which nobody bothered trying to open before despite seeing people flee there

Fixer: There's another elevator

Me: *Rolls* you see Juju and two ten foot tall cyberpsychos.

Juju: Hello my friends, as you can see. I bettered my research

Fixer: Let's run

Group: *Argues about whether to run or leave*

Me: Even if you try to run away you need to roll initiative. *rolls for the bad guy initiative*

Fixer: Oh right, I use quickdraw *nat 10 and gets around 30 with his enhanced reflexes, the plus 5, and additional roll*

Everyone: *sees Fixer goes first*

Me: Which gun are you using

Fixer: The tranq gun filled with mutagenic blood. *nat 10 to hit his head*

Everyone:...

Me: I'm rolling on the mutations table.

1st: Flatulence

Me: Juju pokes his head as blood drips out of the combination of cloned flesh and cybernetics, then everyone hears, sees, and smells him let out an ungodly black flatulence *rolls oily mist that obscures vision*

Rocker: This is the best

Me: *rolls more* he becomes albino *rolls again* his face becomes monstrous, *rolls again* Oh no

Me: He got pseudodaemonhood, which means his body explodes with cybernetics and cloned flesh as he becomes a giant monster

Fixer: Of course, of course he does that

Rocker: This is how final bosses always go

Cop: Oh god

Me: Okay, so. *puts in an image of a demon from doom* are you guys running or no? Because the cyborg monsters go next and I just want to know

Everyone: We're running

Medtech: I tell my guys to run like hell

Me: Well first, *rolls* one of the goons punches Fixer and the other tries to ram Medtech

Medtech dodges, Fixer fails his dodge and loses one arm while the one that tried to hit medtech destroys a wall.

Me:...well, the npcs go next

Medtech: I tell them to fire full auto on these guys

Me: Well, there are 70 dudes, and the 40 which are actually yours have electrothermically enhanced machine-guns.

*goons die*

Me: So everyone says they are running?

Fixer: Yes

Medtech: I'm telling everyone to go.

Me: Well Chain, is staying because he's the guy who died and came back as a vampire after getting a copy of Juju's mind put into his brain and forced to do horrible shit. *Takes multiple maluses, but he is statted for close combat and succeeds both his strength feat and grapple checks to bodycheck the 12 foot tall monster and grapple it by the head*

Fixer: Just leave him to have an honorable death that makes sure the building comes down on Juju's head

Rocker: I'm not leaving him.

Cop: Actually, I want to fight Juju.

Medtech: Ugh, I need to help these guys.

Fixer:...Fine

Me:...did that just really happen?

Players: *realize there was the moment of everyone wanting to run away only to decide to stand and fight the root source of a lot of their problems after one of their friends sparks the fire to make everyone put their lives on the line*

Me: *puts in It Has To Be This Way*

Rocker: I approve of this.

Me: Well, Rocker is first

Rock: *does over 20 damage and manages to remove one of Juju's arm with his sword*

Medtech: *SUPER PUNCH TO LIMB*

Cop: *unleashes a headshot on burst fire where each bullet hit and did near max damage*

Fixer:...wait, did Rocker's cyber-eye record all of this?

Me: Yes, and you also have your helmet and Cop's.

Fixer: We can use this.

Thus, the group managed to escape, but not before taking the full body conversions's corpses and Juju's giant head.

As the building collapsed and they left, they each got boons from Crom due to enjoying their mass slaughter, defeat of one of their mortal enemies, and destruction of the building

*everyone dealt with their rolls, which included multiple boons for those who especially pleased the god*

Me: Okay, so. Fixer, you get a new arm to replace the one you lost. It has 18 body and can turn into a mass of flames to improve your punches. And you rolled chaos hounds on your second one. roll d6

Fixer: 2 *is already sending me pictures of the type of dogs he wants*

Me: Cop, you rolled that one of your guns got infinite ammo

Cop: My Assault Rifle

Me: and rolled that again for your chainsword

Cop: Ah, so it never runs out of gas

Me: Since that is not as mechanically useful, I'm saying it increases the dice type for it as well

Cop: YEShahahha *is pleasing his patron*

Me: Okay, Rocker. Your sword is now a plague weapon which decreases initiative and movement speed....and you got leeches for blood

Fixer: That is going to look weird if you can see them.

Medtech: *ends up with metallic scales for skin, a crystallin body, and horns on her head*

Fixer: So you basically are a full body conversion.

Medtech: Um, can I ask Crom to remove the murderous rampages?

Me: *rolls on reaction* Crom says that he will only do it if you sacrifice another of the boons

Medtech: what?

Me: he is a god of battle, he doesn't see a problem with not being able to stop in battle

Medtech: Well, I try to explain to him how it would just make me die a lot sooner, and what do I have ten, twenty years left?

Me:...

Fixer: What are you talking about? You are making yourself sound weak. What kind of champion lasts for less than a quarter of a decade

Me: He just stares at you

Medtech: What?

Me: Even without the stuff in cyberpunk alone, you just turned into a crystalline and metallic being who has psychic powers. Do you think normal aging applies?

Medtech: Oh

Fixer: Full body conversions are a thing too

Me: You currently have two nearly complete bodies with you right now, and like four more in your basement

Medtech: This is stuff which I forget and my character doesn't

Me: Crom is going to directly tell you that he owns your soul, and even if you die, that just means he is going to place you somewhere else in the universe or multiverses so you can kill more people and empower him more. Which is a thing we talked about before.

Medtech: Right.

Me: And *rolls for Chain* chain gets six emotional support demon dogs

Fixer: All is right in the world.

Me: Okay, so. Juju wakes up in a wilderness

Fixer: Wait what?

Medtech: What the fuck?

Cop: Nonononono

Rocker: That bastard!

Me: and he hears "Hey, you're finally awake"
    [​IMG]

Everyone:....

Rocker: YES!

Medtech: He isekais into Skyrim?

Fixer: Wait that means he's the dragonborn

Me: Think about how many times people die in that game.

Fixer: Oh yeah, oh godhahaha

Me: I've told you multiple times before and right now, that the Elder Gods and such can put souls into other realms.

Cop: I love this.

Fixer: well, he needs to settle down and build a home in Whiterun

Me: I have been waiting to use this since the start of the game. When one of you died I was going to use this, but Juju has been important enough in the story and I feel like this can be a fitting punishment.

Medtech: You nearly used that on me *can't stop laughing*

Rocker: That fake-out

Me: This almost makes all the horrible things you do worth it

Rocker: Thank you

Me: Don't I'm keeping a list of the horrible things you do and the people who have grudges

Fixer: we are going to use video-editing on that film we have, and use it to make us look like heroes.

Medtech: It basically looks like biotechnica made a gate to hell, like they went too far even if they don't think it is supernatural

Me: I think we are ending it here

29. cross_grave

>Session: begins
    >Medtech: nearly dies immediately

Yeah, I am not suprised about that one.

30. mrttao

mrttao Gone for Good

Just how many nat 1s did medtech roll that session?