1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Brian_Fiction

Brian_Fiction Terribly Lost

I wouldn't think that matters if the flesh is willing and the power ring charged. :p

2. Nugar

Nugar Not too sore, are you?

He has a power ring? Even if it's fear based and therefore not really suited for that kind of thing, just giving up without putting any effort into finding a solution doesn't seem much like the Paul I've been reading about.

Gotta put some kittens on those kitty titties.

3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Paul has also said to Jade that he is indifferent to the prospect of having children.

If he has any then he will love them and take care of them, but he isn't really interested in having them in the first place.

If he marries Khoah then he will become Willytab's and Willikin's stepdad, so he will already have children with her.

'but less vehemently' not 'less vehermently'

Also the episode, Repetition, says that it will be episode 95, but this is episode 95, it should be 96.

4. Genocidecles

Genocidecles Know what you're doing yet?

Paul, glares at uncooperative pussy, "Now see here you disobedient cunt! If I say you're gonna get pregnant then thats exactly what's going to happen! Now get to work on those hybrid babies or I'll strike you barren!"

5. Oglymogly

Oglymogly I trust you know where the happy button is?

I don't think Yaul can easily fiddle with genetics to ensure a viable hybrid offspring. He doesn't have a database in the ring, no local geneticists or databases to consult, nor a lantern to dump power into a hard computing a viable match.

That isnt getting into the possibility that he'll have a much harder time achieving it at a with a yellow ring. Remember that the Renegade had issues of a similar kind when he switched over to a yellow ring while he didnt have a orange lantern.

Ooh, Celestia doesnt like Sunset's outlook/ attitude/ philosophy and is expecting her to go back to being her student? That's rough. Its been 15 years for her, you would think she'll have a easier time letting go.

6. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Saying "I'm sorry you feel that way" is basically the classic example of how not to apologize.

7. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Celestia is acting emotionally here.

Remember she thought that she was dead for 15 years and now she finds out she is alive and it has only been a year for her.

She probably doesn't consider her to be that emotionally mature, despite her figuring out a way to become an Alicorn.
    Intellectually she is a genius, emotionally not so much.

8. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.

9. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'but less vehemently' not 'but less vehermently'

10. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

This shouldn't be funny but the word play is hilarious and considering what Paul's attempt at dirty talk looks like I can just about see it happening :D Have a like.

I mean, there's always Mumm-Ra. He's a (literally) ancient sorcerer and he apparently knew enough about genetics to make catpeople out of humans. They could go for a consultation... before killing him for good that is.

11. Sorrow

Sorrow Getting sticky.

I would actually like too see Graven meet Mumm-Ra. It would be highly amusing for about two minutes. Then G-man will realize that Mumm is one of THOSE super villians and eradicate him.

12. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

I expect she really wants to avoid outliving her sweetheart, but is being too polite to ask about the possibility of an upgrade yet.

No shame in that. Many thaumaturgic scientists would struggle with her maths.

Heh. Such precise knowledge. Of course, there's no telling how far she is along her natural lifespan, if Mr Zoat isn't playing the full immortal angle.

And honestly, Grayven, asking a lady her age, no matter how obliquely. I thought you were a gentleman... er, Gentle-stallion.

Evidently not a gentle-stallion at all. You cad.:D Perhaps a diamond dog of some sort might have been a better form? Perhaps with horns?

Save the flirting for your own time, you two.

I can just see her working out how to ask about that little upgrade I mentioned earlier, for her dear husband...

Don't think we didn't notice that unsubtle swerve in the conversation...

Oh, no. No, no, no! No poking around in other people's friendships! For all you know, they'll start doing something embarrassing!

Interesting icon. Paragon and Loyalty? A fascinating mixture...

Yes, might be bad form to be that aggressive about it.

Not quite as aggressive, but still pretty forceful, Grayven...

Hmm. Embarrassed shock or indignation, I wonder.

Not leaving a great impression there, Grayven...

That's not really something you'll have time to unravel... Not at any reasonable rate.

Oh, where to start? Rainbow Dash has quite a few failings, but she usually addresses them as soon as she's aware of them...

Yeah, like I said...

...Obfuscating stupidity, I hope? Because the alternative is - while amusing - so much worse...

Pulling a lot of "I should Go." exits, Renegade. Feeling a bit Shepard-ish today?

Well, MLP is an American show... And Equestrian culture does a lot of common American cultural tropes.

Now imagine two dozen of them, all doing it at once. <shudder>

Ah, the clones are going to have to make some visual adjustments or something to avoid confusion down the line, I think...

I shudder to think...

Oh, boy. Equestrian parties are about to get a whole lot crazier...

Ooh, that can't be good. Ready the shields!

Dammit, Sunbutt, what the hell did you say?

Oof. thebishop8 is right, that's no kind of apology...

You can't control everything, Celestia. Looks like that's one lesson you need reinforced...

Hmm, how's that Boom Tube going to interact with the time differential? I presume Sunset will adjust things to 1:1 once she thinks of it...

And they're going home Pony-style? Better hope the kids don't see them, then, though I foresee Grayven not caring one way or the other... Dammit, Sunbutt. I hope the others plan to give you a sound verbal thrashing while they're gone.

13. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

It certainly seems that way.

He could certainly try.

However without extensive re-writing and nerfing of Mumm-Ra's capabilities Grayven would have no more luck then Yellow Paul.

Navi-Hank and Darko like this.
  14. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

He has a Power Ring sooo.

15. masterofmadness

masterofmadness Know what you're doing yet?

Right so I'm guessing that Celestia tried to get her to be her student again and Sunset took that to mean 'Even after you have become an alicorn I still don't respect your accomplishments' or 'I still see you as a lesser rather then a peer like you want'. I highly doubt she meant it that way but anyone unironically saying the words "I'm sorry you feel that way, but-." rather then 'I'm sorry I made you feel that way' is some mix at bad at communicating and not good at respecting others feelings.

Objectively I don't think Sunset being Celestia student would be good in any capacity no matter what Celestia meant. Even in terms of socialization and emotional learning she would be better off just continuing the life she is making with Grayven where she is already developing healthy friendships to learn from. Though that is certainly not something that Celestia would want to hear since it is quite literally that she is better off without you.

16. Dakkan Sall

Dakkan Sall Random Encounter

It's a bit worse than that...
    It's literally word for word what Sunset has specifically said she didn't want to get. It's just reinforcing her view that Celestia still thinks that Sunset should have followed the direction/destiny/path laid out, rather than have her own ideas of what was best. "Despite everything happening now, I (Celestia) was right, and you were wrong, and I'm sorry you can't see that."

Yeah... don't think there's going to be any chance of making up for a good long while now...

17. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

How much of a ring charge would it take to...not transform himself but some artificially inseminate sperm that would make some kids that, structurally, resemble him in profile?
    Assuming she'd be up for more kids?

18. Mr Zoat

Making sperm that isn't his is easy enough, but there are plenty of orphans around that could use a good home first.

19. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

You had Luna mention that she was eight thousand years old when Paragon visited his pony planet during Fool's canon.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Aabcehmu, Jaron, Navi-Hank and 7 others like this.
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

That was a diffrent universe.

And I think Zoat mentioned that that version was located in Earth 16, or at least a DC universe, seeing as there was a Karnan vessel.

21. Aeess

Aeess I trust you know where the happy button is?

I know, but Zoat usually keeps the worls building intact between Remegade and Paragon, unless there are very specific changes as result of Ambush Bug.

Jaron, Navi-Hank, Chaoswind and 3 others like this.
  22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

It could have been in a diffrent DC universe that the paragon either traveled to, or a diffrent version of the SI that ended up in that particular universe and got enlightenment there.

Lupercal likes this.
  23. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

I think we all miss best kitty.
    This version of Mumm-Ra can be hurt/killed by normal levels of sunlight.

24. nick012000

nick012000 Gone for Good

Nah, just using a fear of a lack of (genetic) legacy to alter his sperm to be the equivalent of a Cat version of himself. Possibly using her fears for this - if she's afraid his view might wander if he doesn't have children to tie him down, for instance.

dogbertcarroll, Cuchulin and Darko like this.
  25. King0fHearts

King0fHearts Hedonist

Hey where does red lantern Paul start again its embarrassing but I kind of lost track of it.

Navi-Hank likes this.
  26. Mr Zoat

If it was the same one that the SI went to then Sunset Shimmer wouldn't have been born yet.

27. Gantradies

Gantradies Not too sore, are you?

i..thought this version was the one with an artifact/equipment they made by destroying multiple planets?

..... also, really? Celestia's being THIS sharding dense about refusing to to explain/being idiotically vague about the actual goal/motivation of her lessons, with a student who clearly needs a clue sledgehammer to the head to break her monomania about research/gaining power? >.<
    this i "you know what you did!" level painful to watch >~<

Vorian, Ardy, Deadpanwitch and 4 others like this.
  28. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

Wait..if it's a 15:1 time difference. How's a Boom Tube going to...my brain hurts. He's not going to spend a day on Earth and 15 years pass on Equestria is he?

29. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Well that was always the other option.
    Either she would fail, or succeed to find that her dream was not at all what she wanted.

Turning into a demonic parody alicorn would probably have been easier to fix.

Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny? Meet the new franchise in town.

30. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

I... think he's talking about the Paragon meeting Luna Nightmare Moon chapter during Fools Canon episode. Also, I thought you established that Sunset Shimmer crossed over either to Human World (EG canon) or to Earth 16B at least a decade before Nightmare Moon's return to Equestria? Twilight was a young adult just moving out of the castle when the NM's return happened, she wouldn't have been more than a little kid when Sunset crossed over, right? So what do you mean by this comment? Wouldn't Sunset be young adult herself (ignoring the Narnia effect) by the time of NM's return?

How can Twilight be her canon young adult (Avarice is Magic part 2) and Sunset Shimmer not even being born yet at the same time?

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Darko likes this.