1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Shotiegun11

Shotiegun11 Know what you're doing yet?

Mr Zoat , shouldnt this be 'Repetition (supplementary, Renegade option)' since it's a white title (the SI) episode?

2. TheInnerHollow

TheInnerHollow Know what you're doing yet?

Long Story Short, As seen in previous interludes involving alternate Paul's something has been going around the multiverse trying to kidnap the various "Paul"'s that are out there.

Only this time, PaulGrayven managed to fight them off instead of getting kidnapped.

And managed to slice off a bit of the kidnapper to investigate.

Progress!

3. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

If the Paul that started that is still a separate consciousness and viewing all this I gotta believe he'd pause for a moment and go "...What kinda...fuck...??? This is...are Grayven right?"

4. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Haha, Grayven is such a good Dad he actually got his daughters magical ponies! :D

Also, imagine what the other Pauls will think once they hear Pony-Grayven managed to fight of the ponynapper and they didn't.

5. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    No, because it's actually part of the same story this time.

6. BlueAnime88

BlueAnime88 Always Fear! For I am EVERYWHERE!!

She heads off into the Mountain (to?) go get her school accoutrements(,?) while Lynne looks at me thoughtfully.

7. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

The hand had to have successfully acquired Jade. Not sure what the Renegade will do if he learns about it, though.

8. Yomanyo

Yomanyo Getting sticky.

Does anybody know who that was because a giant blue hand in DC really doesn't narrow it down

9. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

:D Yesssss... Break out the Joy colors!

What's that noise? ...No, wait, just Bethany's squeeing going ultrasonic...

In her mind: "Must... Must resist urge to pet..."x3

She's just confused at why Daddy needed to be a pony for it. Though i suspect she's okay with Daddy being a pony.

It Begins...:p If this was a manga, she'd be starry-eyed right now.

Good grief, if she vibrates any harder, she's going to break through dimensional barriers...

And Grayven just became best dad ever. Imagine the other kids' reactions when they hear about this.

Well, she is a lesser demon. Nice is literally not in her blood. But she's trying.

Heheheh! As any parent who's dealt with a child's peculiar decisions about diet would know, that's surprisingly common...

Well, unless they act on those urges. Then they might be very bad.

Ah, one of those lessons you hate to have to teach a child...:(

Wow, she's passionate. Such a nice girl.

Things like someone getting stabbed, with either the Daiklave or the Sword of the Fallen...

It's hard for a Brony not to. Even a milder case like Grayven.

Of course, it's not quite that simple, but Lynne doesn't need to know that.

Especially to a goth. Batwings, baby.:cool:

"Must resist... Must resist..."

"You would need chains big enough to hold Superman to stop me..."

Bets on her becoming a cute little alicorn filly?

I'm guessing that's something Sunset mentioned. Or something she's picking up from Grayven...

...The portal will dispel the shape-changing effect both ways, won't it?:confused: I mean, the original canon one did, but Sunset's modifications...

I see he thought of that too.

And she would know what Anti-life feels like, after all.

:D Out of the mouths of babes! I think the girls will like Luna though. She's a cute pony princess, after all!

A handsome unexploded bomb, but, well... They did meet via him attacking a secure site...

Oh, hell! This guy again? What awful timing.:mad: He has a date with a pony princess, you jackass!

Get'im! Show it what an optimised player can do!

Oh ho, it can actually feel pain? I suspect it'll be a bit more careful next time.

Perfect timing to start wondering about whether there are other incarnations of himself about the multiverse... And look, a big old sample to work with!

Well, now. Are we about to have a crossover between Paragon and Renegade, or at least Renegade and other Pauls? This is going to get twisty...

Godspeech, hora hora!
    Corrections:
    ...exactly how good a hit the Sword needs...

Oh, this promises to be interesting...

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Giant blue hand screams Maltusian to me.

So this could either be a Maltusian that's working for TP and RQ, or someone they are working against.

If this will be part of the same story then yeah my theory that it involves time travel may be correct.

Repetition could also mean that it will involve paragon waking up in the past and having to do things all over again.

Cuchulin and DAT_NOOB like this.
  11. masterofmadness

masterofmadness Know what you're doing yet?

Daw! little girls and ponies! I can't wait for her to meet Luna!

Once it is safe I suppose. Honestly this might be a good thing, I think it would be a good idea to give Luna a little lead time before meeting your kids. She knows about them but it is still the type of thing you want to prepare yourself for and it is very early in the relationship.
    You cannot resist the pony Lynne! embarrass it! become the Pony!

Oh I really can't wait for the trip now!

I keep imagining this being an episode of MLP where Luna stresses out over meeting the kids of her new boyfriend with some comedic shenanigans before the ending where she connects to them in a moment so heart warming you want to cry. Also I can't help but notice you didn't mention she was a pony princess, because that will be a wonderful surprise.

Bethany: She's a princess too!
    Maeve: A Pony Princess!
    Mary: Your the best Princess ever!
    Clare: No she's the best Pony ever!
    Luna: Foals please! I shall graciously accept both titles.
    *Sisterly smug face toward Celestia*

12. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

By the looks of things a Fifth dimensional imp trying to kidnap you for it's collection.

Gantradies and DAT_NOOB like this.
  13. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    noun
    1. personal clothing, accessories, etc.
    2. the equipment, excluding weapons and clothing, of a soldier.
    Thank you, corrected.

14. kedgisgo

kedgisgo Semi-Professional Lurker

I've been waiting for this story-line to pop up again.. because I really didn't understand how it fit in... and the alternate Paul becoming the timetrapper was confusing because timetravel hurts my brain.. so hopefully the conclusion will wrap things up and help me understand wtf is happening...

but my current best guess... is that some alt Paul has managed to get himself turned into a Monitor of some sort

(because it cant be timetrapperPaul doing this, because someone found out that Paul was the Timetrapper, thus he instantly became not Timetrapper via in-universe retcon-magic, and his 'it was me all along' gambit became a ruse by the now real Timetrapper... because timetravel.

...i hate temporal dynamics...)

15. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

"Dang. One of us actually lucked into some actual power."

Gantradies, Cuchulin, Ardy and 7 others like this.
  16. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

I like to think Grayven's walking around in the MLP artstyle while the rest of the universe is the YJ artstyle.

I know it's not happening in-universe, but it's an amusing image.

17. Xmaster3000

Xmaster3000 Know what you're doing yet?

They certainly ruined Sunset's.

18. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

please tell be the giant blue hand will make a second successful attempt

DrThoth, WereDragon and Darko like this.
  19. NightmareWarden

NightmareWarden Versed in the lewd.

That wasn’t a construct hand? Huh. So what could happen from here? Our serial kidnapper could: A) return for Grayven again. B) Head for Paragon Paul and demonstrate whether or not they are involved in Overgirl’s original transportation (Nazi-Supergirl) and the similar portals that appeared on her world,
    C) Accidentally free a captured Paul (or Clayface, or a Jade) on an incorrect world while distracted by this injury,
    D) A DC character appropriate for this sort of multidimensional problem will strike while their target is injured,
    E) Or another Paul will get snatched. Red Paul with Blackfire? The Star Sapphire Paul in the all-super-heroine setting? Or perhaps Time Trapper Paul will get kidnapped and we will learn that this is Boss Smiley’s doing.

DAT_NOOB and Darko like this.
  20. dogbertcarroll

dogbertcarroll Random lurker

Giant blue naked kidnapper fails!

21. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The portal that brought Overgirl to Earth 16 was an accident, but it was because of the actions of TP and RQ.

If they take Raul then they would also take that Jade, not Blackfire.

Ardy, david, Chaoswind and 2 others like this.
  22. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

unless backfire screams no and charges into the hand

Chaoswind and Darko like this.
  23. Huttj509

Huttj509 Getting sticky.

Do you remember the Paul who got trapped in a time loop thing, and was trying to save that universe's Jade?

And do you remember a few side Pauls that ended with someone getting grabbed and yoinked out of the universe?

This was that trying to happen to Grayven.

Lupercal likes this.
  24. Phrexia Unbound

Phrexia Unbound Oooh...that's good.

Elemental!Paul, after being grabbed by the Blue Hand: "What the FUUUUUUUUUU-" *Yoinked*

25. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

Elemental!Paul? Who's this?

Alexandercctv, Lupercal and Darko like this.
  26. jonasquinn

jonasquinn I trust you know where the happy button is?

On the one hand I'm looking forward to seeing where his storyline goes but on the other I'm probably going to be very confused at most of the stuff involving Grayven and was kinda looking forward to reading about Paul after a month of Grayvens adventures in ponyland but ah well

Though I suppose this doesn't mean we aren't getting that as this could just be a Grayven interlude
    It's almost certainly going to be A or B, Zoat has implied that this is the beginning of the Crisis of Infinite Pauls

Also, I'm sill not sure if Mr Smiley was real or not, I read it as the simulation he was trapped in being designed to give him a situation that he would accept and when the whole "God" thing didn't work it used Mr Smiley instead

Lupercal and Darko like this.
  27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

This is most likely a prelude to the Infinite Crisis.

I think Zoat said that it may happen mid summer in story time.

Pretty sure that Boss Smiley actually exists and joined the Light.

DAT_NOOB and Lupercal like this.
  28. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

That second one is very possible.

29. LazySloth13

LazySloth13 Versed in the lewd.

Man I kind of feel bad for Hinon since she's experienced a previous crisis due to the Anti-Monitor now she had to witness/experience another due to possible other versions of herself creating rings that happen to find the same guy.

And said guy while overall a sensible person is still willing to go to crazy lengths to avoid death or a painful existence.

Darko likes this.
  30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Alternate versions of Hinon may not have created the diffrent color rings.

The Anti Green one was made by Qwardians

The red one, the original, may have been made by a Maltusian, but probably not Hinon, before being taken by Atrocitus and replaced with one of his rings.

The other colored rings could have also been created by Maltusians before being sent to other universes and some of the wielders ended up in non-DC universes.

Though it is possible that an alternate version of Hinon that just used the other lights could have made some of those other colored rings.

Lupercal likes this.