1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. DAT_NOOB

DAT_NOOB Accused of writing in a far away land

Thanks for clearing that up
    Edit:
    but why maintain it while they weren't dating?

2. Threadmarks: Repetition (part 7)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

3rd January 2005
    21:41 GMT -5

A sword made of red light slices through another Manhunter… Womanhunter? No, they call themselves Manhunters, but… I'm struggling to come up with a reason why Krona would have built gynoids. Manhunters usually have a masculine appearance for the same reason that men do: additional physical strength and resilience from a more powerful frame. Manhunters don't need to give birth or lactate, so unless losing his physical form caused him to rediscover his sex drive, it just…

The Red Lantern me glances back at me, regarding me with a degree of scepticism.

"What..? Do violet rings do, exactly?"

"Ugh, sorry, I usually use an orange ring, but Ghia'ta and I were doing some cross-training and apparently Time Trapper can't send me back to pick up my equipment-"

"No man esc-."

Beams of purple light blaze from Komand'r's eyes and slam into the Manhunter's back, knocking it towards an inhabited build-!

Angelika intercepts, punching the gynoid in the chest and reversing its direction of trav-.

Grinning, Komand'r flies after it and punches it back towards Angelika, who just catches it, rips out the battery and lays it on the pavement.

Komand'r moues in disappointment.

"-until we're finished. There aren't any spare orange rings around here, are there?"

"No. I haven't checked Okaara in any detail, but I haven't seen any anywhere else or heard about Larfleeze being active. I assume that you beat him?"

I nod. "We're trying to rehabilitate him."

He frowns. "Why?"

"Because he's the most extreme example of orange light psychosis in existence and we're making an Orange Lantern Corps. Studying him is teaching us how to avoid everyone else-" He's nodding and looking for new targets. "-going the same way."

"Makes sense. Can you do anything with that ring?"

"Basic things only. That's why I'm hanging back."

But finding the local Jade

"Ah, I've located your Jade."

Currently in South Rhelasia. Or… Korea, possibly. Can't get a good record of her age, but I'd guess… Fourteen? The bunches make her look younger, and their length is… Entirely impractical.

"I haven't heard about anyone blowing up a country."

"She's probably a little-"

Komand'r intercepts another gynoid, this time avoiding energy blasts in favour of grappling. She performs a mid-air straight armbar while using her flight to pull the Manhunter off target and slam it face first into the side of a bridge. She then flexes, breaking the robot's elbow and tearing the arm free at the shoulder.

"-young for that."

"What's so important about her, anyway? Or us, for that matter?"

"With us, I'd guess it's our point of origin. I think he'd be interested in that sort of thing. Jade… Don't know. I'm dating my version, but there's nothing about her that would be of obvious interest to Krona."

"Or the Time Trapper."

"I considered that, but his plan involves putting us in position to strike him very hard if this is just a ruse."

"Of course, I've only got your word for it."

"True. I-." He veers off as Komand'r flies up to look for more targets. "Where are you going?"

"This is my house." He stands outside a fortified door while it scans him. "Do you.. want to come in?"

"No, I'll go and pick up your Jade."

He pauses for a moment, then nods, heading further inside what looks more like a fortified airlock than a porch. The outer door clanks shut before the inner door opens, so I've got no idea what-

Some sort of.. white with blue trimmings monster truck-tank thing roars past me down the middle of the road, turret tracking a small group of humanoids in red power armour. They're surprisingly agile, dodging from building to building, taking it in turns to make themselves appealing targets and then evading once it gets a lock on them.

-his interior decoration is like.

"Ah, Princess Komand'r, do you know-?"

A red, green, yellow and black motor cycle screeches around a nearby corner and-.

I pick both it and the rider off the ground and float them over to me.

The local Richard Grayson is… Ah, his hair is very slightly spikier. And his mask is a little narrower and there's a little more green in the costume at the expense of some black. Otherwise, I'm looking at the same person.. who also looks exactly the same.

"Red Lantern, this isn't-!" His eyes widen and then narrow. "Who are you?"

"Parallel universe doppelgänger. A fallen Guardian of the-" I think 'Galaxy'. "-Universe named Krona is trying to do something unwise with time and the Bleed that might see us all spontaneously have never existed. What's up with you?"

"Alien super soldiers are trying to kill the lab tech who cleaned test tubes for the people who made them, because they already killed everyone actually responsible."

I put him down.

"I think mine has priority. Angelika!"

She appears beside me.

"Would you please give Robin-" He blinks, surprised for some reason. "-the data core?"

"Why?"

"I can't do data decryption with a violet ring, Red Lantern can't do it with his and Robins can generally get their hands on the best conventional technology on the planet. We need to find out if Krona actually told them-"

Two Manhunters fly out of an alley, weapons orientating immediately on Richard and me! I raise a violet shield, soaking the first couple of shots before it becomes visibly abraded. Angelika shoots forward, grabbing the head of the closest with her right hand and its left arm with her left hand and.. pulling, the body turning one way and the head the other. The second takes an EMP grenade to the chest from Richard, which it ignores and continues firing. Richard dodges while I reinforce my shield and try to reduce my profile-.

Two nearby cars glow.. black? For a moment and then fling themselves at the Manhunter, wrapping themselves around it and then shrinking.. downwards, until they cover an area far smaller than the gynoid would need in order to have remained humanoid. Then the anti-glow fades and Raven steps out of a nearby patch of shadows.

"Yay. More robots."

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Missing some orange quote marks when thinking about decoration and when talking to Robin

4. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Best girl Raven has appeared!

5. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Second best, This Earth's best girl is clearly Starfire.

6. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Let's call it a tie between the two

7. Z3r0Sama

Z3r0Sama Not too sore, are you?

This! Dump Jade Paul and embrace the best girl before Gravy appears and makes another conquest.......wait, Zoat you magnificent bastard.

Alexandercctv, DAT_NOOB and JoTa34 like this.
  8. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Funny thing is I never actually liked the canon Kon x M'Gann ship. I always found it kind of disturbing.

Girl with 40+ years of life experience latching onto and perving on a boy who is effectively a newborn with no life experience. And no, him having information psychically blasted into his brain by the Genomorphs doesn't fucking make it okay.

That they eventually got back together when the thing that made them break up in the first place was M'gann trying to mindrape him was downright disgusting.

Also, wow, she looks awful in Season 3. I'd only ever seen Seasons 1 and 2.

Speaking of Season 3 . . . Looks like Clark and Lois made a baby. Given that hybrids are so common in the comics, I always did wonder why Zoat chose that hill to die on of all the goofy comic bullshit that happens even if it shouldn't make sense.

=====

As for the actual update.

Consider me amused by Paul trying to figure out why the fuck the Ame-Comi Manhunters look like sex bots.

=====

And on the subject ob best girls.

Raven is the one I had a crush on back when it was still age appropriate for me to have a crush on a 15 year old girl. So I have to lean towards Raven being best girl.

9. Cuchulin

Okay, This Earth's Raven is very good.

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat said the renegade is going to meet the Earth 16 version of Raven before paragon does.

Also I still consider it a tie between Kori and Raven for who the best girl is.

Remember that while M'gan is over 40 years old by her species standard she is only a teenager and has that much maturity.
    Plus there are probably species out there who reach maturity only when they are several hundreds of years old.
    And her look in season 3 is actually quite pleasing, seeing as she has accepted her white martian side

Though yeah her trying to mindrape Kon is just wrong.

Really hope Lois and Clark have a kid.

Jon Kent truly is one of the greatest beings the comic readers have been blessed with.
    His friendship with Damian is truly both hilarious and heartwarming.

Imagine if they exist in story and OL has to babysit them and they solve crimes together.

jonasquinn, Lupercal, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  11. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Oh, god, there's a scary thought: A horny Maltusian with less-than-stellar morals...

Nothing as good as they should, since they seem to end up in the hands of Yandere lunatics more often than they really ought to...

Seriously, a few moments earlier... For someone named Time Trapper, he has a terrible sense of timing...

Ah, Teen titans, and its childish treatment of superhero battle collateral damage...

I think she wanted to play volley ball there. Too bad, no time for games.

For a given value of 'beat', yes. Ironically, Larfleeze was not the Boss fight of that version of the quest. Joy of snagging stealth power-ups. Developer foresight for the win, though.

Useful, if you don't want an army of 'Mineminemine'-ing lunatics.

And the whole remaining charge issue. ...Has OL bothered to check its' subspace pocket, or was that keyed to Ghia'ta and it just made a new, empty one for him?

Guessing she was going for some kind of Nekomata look, a twin-tailed cat demon (think Naruto's Niibi.)

Crazy? Almost certainly. Especially if she has the same backstory here as she did in Earth-16... But yeah, i don't see a fourteen-year-old getting hold of a nuke...

Ah, enjoying the ability to not hold back thanks to robotic foes. I bet she's having lots of fun.

Looking forwards to him meeting Green Lantern Jade... Never mind her other alternates.

Until he unmasks, expecting them to flinch long enough for him to trap them... Seriously, Maul's gone native, of course he's almost certainly planning a villainous backstabbing...

"Ah, right. Forgot what we were doing for a moment..."

Believe me, you don't really want to... Seriously, enough skulls to make a Khorne cultist hard...

Ah, the Titans are still here. Good to see they're keeping busy...

Seriously, OL's quotation marks did go a bit funny, as Darko noted... Not sure if OL or Overgirl is talking.

Save him the tyre rubber. Honestly, imagine if Dick had to pay for replacing them himself...

Ah, that is a long story. At least this Robin doesn't mangle the English language.

Honestly, that's all he was? Talk about being thorough. And petty.

Helpful. Responding instinctively to the voice of command.

Honestly, Raul's ring would probably incinerate it and call it good.

While not up to Kryptonian standards, Manhunters are still very dangerous to anything less.

Another one that needed something to cut lose on. I can just imagine how irritated she's getting at the Red Guard...

Things moving along nicely. What's the bet the Titans get caught up in this affair only to end up being vital to the resolution?

...while using her flight to pull...
    Double space.
    Should be capitalised?

12. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Chojin is right in saying that Maul has gone native.

Backstabbing the others because they can't see his brilliance and only caring about his own timeline without caring for the countless, or 52, others he will destroy in the process with his actions.

That or he is being unknowingly manipulated by someone else to do their bidding.

Justice League Odyssey issue 19, you will see the similarities between the time manipulators in that comic

Alexandercctv, Lupercal, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  13. zerofarad

zerofarad Know what you're doing yet?

flight?

Hell's Razer and Cuchulin like this.
  14. Cuchulin

Same! Wonder how many know or know of a version of him.

15. PrinceJonathan

PrinceJonathan Versed in the lewd.

She's no Sunset Shimmer, but she's definitely up there.

dogbertcarroll and david like this.
  16. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

If Robin or someone else suggests that saving that labtech is just as important I'm going to reach through the screen to slap a bitch...with my prayers.

17. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    Which girl are you referring to?
    Zoat assures you that he intends to die at sea level.
    Isn't he adopted, the natural son of Ursa and Dru-Zod?

And look at me asking you a question.
    You think she holds back against living people?
    Thank you, corrected.

18. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The Prime Earth, n52, version of Jon, who is the biological son of Clark and Lois.

The friendship between him and Damian was truly beautiful.

Zod's son was called Christopher Kent.

19. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Oh, and the funny thing about the Ame-comi Guardians with the gynoid Manhunters?

Considering the general depictions in ame-comi, you'd probably think the Ame-Comi Guardians are a bunch of blue Amazons in robes, that the Manhunters were built in their image.

Or something similar to their usual depiction.

Nope, the Ame-comi guardians are basically giant space pill bugs. [​IMG]

So the obvious reason to build an army of gynoids goes out the window, unless one thinks one of those giant pill bugs from outer space wants to put on a smoking jacket and play Hugh Hefner.

Ardy, Cuchulin, Vorian and 2 others like this.
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Stsword can you enlarge that image?

It is difficult to see.

21. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

I always assumed they were called Manhunters because they hunt men or mankind (not specifically humans), not that they were masculine appearing hunters.

Ame-Comi Girls issue 6
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Points to the authors and artists for their originality, those Guardians really look nice.

Now if only the SI meets his Ame Comi counterpart.

Though I think someone once said that that one was a Violet Lantern, so the paragon technically is that.

Now I wonder if there is one in that universe, what type of harem shenanigans he has been involved in.

Well him and that potential year 4 April Fools that is in a relationship with every beautiful woman and Kon

Ardy likes this.
  23. Sockmonkey

Sockmonkey I trust you know where the happy button is?

Considering that Kon was initially leery of telepathy because of the way Cadmus messed with his head, her messing with his head like that after gaining his trust is such a betrayal that I can't even articulate it.

24. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Melinoe. Clearly.

25. Queshire

Queshire Not too sore, are you?

Notice how the page is composed to naturally draw the eye straight to the robotic booty.

26. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

Might be just me, but there seem to be a lot of the gynoid Manhunters around... Enough to make it worth using OL's new ring to do a bit of emotional reprogramming? Seems a pity to waste all that hardware and toughness...

I don't know the Ame-comi setting - if a vaguely humanoid non-female super finds themselves in that universe, do they become female while they're there? Or, is the setting not developed enough to know details like that?

Shouldn't forget the fans who want to be Raven, or whoever their 'Best Girl' is - or want to become Amazo Girl (which I don't think DC has got to... yet...) who has Martian shapeshifting and the ability to become any of their favourites... ((Yes, some really liked the original Kid Amazo.))

27. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

It's not a universe of all females. Power Girl is dating Jimmy Olsen and still had her father and uncle Zor and Jor of the house of El and was raised by Ma and Pa Kent, Steve Trevor is running around, Barbara Gordon still calls Com. Gordon dad, Raven and the teen titans still fight Trigon the Terrible, Duella Dent is still a Daddy's girl, and I believe that Lex in Lex Luthor still stands for Alexander not Alexandra.

It's just a world in which females take prominence in the superhero scene, just like there's a world where the Justice League is predominantly black, and a world in which the Justice Alliance is made up of a very ethnically diverse group of heroes.

Vorian, jonasquinn, Navi-Hank and 4 others like this.
  28. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

I didn't think it was all females, I got the impression that being a super required someone to be female. Which, might make Trigon's day... interesting if they entered the universe. Putting on a suit of (non-industrial) power armour and finding your gender wasn't the same might also be an interesting experience. :)

*mumble* *mumble* Morphogenic Fields *mumble* *mumble* Chaos Attractor *mumble* :)

(Scary super science gadgets - the Genetic Resequencer, which can change the genes in all someone's cells. What you don't tell the subjects is that part of the process renders them into a slurry of cells, to enable free access to all the biology, before resequencing... Then, hopefully, reassembly. :) I guess you hope they weren't too attached to their scars... And tattoos. :) )

Prince Charon and Navi-Hank like this.
  29. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

The limbs of those Guardians appear to be rather tentacle-y, and unless hentai has been lying to me, betentacled space aliens are always into feminine humanoids.

Bramble Thorn, Vorian, Ardy and 3 others like this.
  30. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

I suppose not wanting to summon Larfleeze to Earth by calling a Ring is reasonable.
    At least Angelika is proving to be a suitable substitute in terms of DPS.

…a strange amalgam of memes.
    Cute image though.

AngelicKnight. and Navi-Hank like this.