1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. ForeverShogo

ForeverShogo Not too sore, are you?

Oh, damn. I just remembered that the Ame-Comi version of the Teen Titans is, like, a lot more horror movie themed and sinister.

Ah. Yes. The Teen Hellions.

[​IMG]

Where Raven is also a vampire and the group has no problems with her killing and feeding on criminals. (I forgot what the rest of their deal is. The whole group is pretty kill happy.)

And Power Girl aka Kara Jor-El decided that secret identities were stupid, so she just openly lives as an entrepreneur that reverse-engineers Kryptonian technology. With Ame-Comi Metropolis being a proof of concept for what cities could be with said technologies.

Though all we're really told about it is that it's a green city that's very ecologically friendly, and, looks-wise, it has the appearance of a Solarpunk city.

2. Mquz

Mquz Versed in the lewd.

I don’t know... Starfire, being the other girl in the CW teen titans has literally the worst appearance - she looks like a teenage prostitute. She looks even more like one than if she were wearing her normal skin-tight costume.

Ardy likes this.
  3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Tamaraneans tend to wear little clothing seeing as they absorb light to charge their powers like Kryptonians.

Plus Star wore what was essentially a v style bikini in the pre flash comics and in the n52 she wore a stripper outfit.
    Her rebirth version did dress in a more modest way, a sports bra and a skirt, or shorts, or on occasion a once piece suit.

Blackfire doesn't wear such clothing because she didn't have flight powers for much of her life so she didn't need to wear so little clothing.

At least in the pre flashpoint comics.

In the n52 she may have always had her flight powers so they drew her wearing very little.

As for this version I don't know if she got her powers from experimentation.

I know her and Starfires relationship became strained in the shows comics because of the shit she did, though it wasn't as bad as the New Earth version.
    At first they even seemed to like each other and Kori wasn't angry at her for giving her to the Gordanians, probably because she thought it was just a political move and not one of malice, something the comic version knew it wasn't because she was tortured and brutalized by Blackfire.

I'm assuming that Raul has made sure she doesn't do that shit here.

Her having control of Tamaran, the respect of her people for destroying their enemies, thus ensuring her leadership, plus Starfire didn't even want the throne and is probably happy that her sister is happy so chances of her trying to dethrone her are nonexistent, unless she does some stupid evil shit, but with Raul around that is unlikely.

4. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

Sounds remarkably like a group of teenage monsters, that are difficult to empathise with, or care much about... A major part of (most of the) Teen Titans was that they were non-human, potentially monstrous, but they fought to maintain their humanity. Raven being a primary example, ahead of Cyborg and Beast Boy. This group sounds as though they pretty well fail that logic... Of course, I'd be prepared to be proved completely wrong. :)

5. Threadmarks: Repetition (part 8)
    Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

4th January 2005
    11:44 GMT +9

"Throw kni-"

Two knives klink off-. Embed themselves in my construct shield.

"-ves. Jump onto the wall to close-"

Jade 32 jumps and then scrambles up the wall.

"-the distance, then lunge."

She stops moving, staring at me.

I smile. "It's an interesting question, how much of our actions are the result of anything we might call 'free will'. You know metahumans with strange powers exist and while you think that everything you just did was of your own volition… Suddenly you're not sure."

She climbs up the rest of the way and then stands on the edge of the roof, facing me.

"Of course, if I can influence you, the most intelligent thing you can do is leave as quickly as possible. But since you're not going to do that, how about a commission?"

Her mask tilts thirty degrees anticlockwise.

"I have reason to believe that an evil god is abducting parallel universe versions of the two of us in order to pull apart the multiverse. I want to hire you to help stop him."

She extends her right hand from her voluminous sleeve and rubs the tips of her thumb and forefinger together.

I take a bag of gold coins precisely equal in value to what I paid my Jade for her help with Nabu out of subspace and toss it to Jade Junior. She catches it in her left sleeve… Somehow opens it and picks out a coin, scratching it enough to reveal the softness of the metal. Then she returns the coin to the pouch, draws it into her kimono for safekeeping and nods to me.

I step forward and extend my right hand. She steps forward and-. Taps the sharp surface of her knuckle claws against my palm, making pointed eye to mask eye contact.

"I'm sorry, but compared to an evil god, a girl with knives just isn't that scary."

She jingles.

"Because it was less trouble than using force."

She nods, and actually takes my hand.

"The version of you from my parallel is a lot more talkative." But you're enough like her that I can still transition-

3rd January 2005
    21:46 GMT -5

-us back-.

I skip us backwards as a… The local version of Victor Stone appears to have.. merged with a transformed version of his APC and is recovering from being hit by a hulking green alien with a red power ring. He rebounds, wheels screeching against the tarmac as he evades the Red Lantern's punch, then deploys a mechanical shield to block its acid vomit attack.

"Oh, I thought-"

Jade steps into space, claws at the ready, as my alter ego emerges from his home in armour reminiscent of my… Third suit of armour? The last field non-power armour I bothered with.

"-he'd have finished by now."

A green-. Beastboy, turns into a roc and claws at the Red Lantern's face. Moving with surprising agility the alien grabs his left leg and slams him into a wall, stunning him.

"How berserk are the local Red Lanterns?"

He raises his left eyebrow for a moment, then raises his ring so that I can see it clearly.

"Other than you."

The local Koriand'r dives at the Red Lantern, hitting him? It? In the chest with both fists and driving it back for long enough for the cyborg-transformer to get enough time to charge some sort of energy cannon. A beam of scintillating blue-white energy leaps forth, completely missing the alien as he steps aside and punching through a nearby building.

"Um. Should we-?"

"No, they're nearly done. Despite appearances, Abysmus has a keen, tactical mind."

"Azarath metrion zinthos!"

Raven tries to hit him with a levitated chunk of wall, only for it to be met with a gout of red light before she can get any momentum behind it. Not only does the brick melt, but the spell holding it as well, a wave of distortion passing along it until-.

"rRRRAAAAGH!"

She bellows in rage, spasming in the air and.. gaining an extra set of red glowing eyes-.

"Friend Raven!"

Raven turns to focus on the local Koriand'r, black light boiling around her fists-

"KAR EN TUK!"

-and resolving into claws as she flings herself at her friend!

"Oh, Infectious Rage is hard to inflict through someone else's magic."

Koriand'r dodges the first two wild swings, but she's backed up against a wall with black claws biting into the brick at either side! She freezes for a moment, gasping in shock as Raven opens her mouth to vomit forth black fire! Koriand'r bends, grabbing the two claws and pushing downwards to slide out from between them a moment before the flames melt the brick!

"They're.. children."

"If Abysmus wanted to kill them then they'd be dead. But he does-"

Abysmus grapples Super Cyborg, spitting acid at the armour covering the torso and ripping it off, exposing Mr Stone. Mr Stone uses his armour's secondary weapons to take a shot at Abysmus's face which forces him to back off for a moment, but then he's back on the offensive and Mr Stone can't do much more than block the blows on his forearms' armour.

"-n't. He was a child soldier himself. He's sympathetic, particularly to Mr Stone."

"Yes, he… Looks it." I take a moment to look at the devastation that has already been wrought on this city. "And you're not worried about the Justice League turning up?"

He shakes his head. "No, they never come here."

"They… Just leave their adolescent wards entirely to their own devices?"

"Yeah. Not really sure why, but given all the people I kill it's really convenient. Shouldn't be-."

"RRARH!"

Abysmus -who was holding Mr Stone's mech over his head- stops still and tosses it aside. Then he breathes in and a red mist flows from Raven into his mouth. She drops to the floor, stunned, and Koriand'r runs over to check on her.

Abysmus lumbers in our direction.

"All done. We'll leave now."

"Um, why?"

"I was a distraction. My brothers and sisters were the kill-team. Killing the target is easier when his protection is busy."

He turns away and shoots off into the sky, Komand'r and Angelika coming back with more Manhunter remains as he does so.

"Let's see what Robin's got for us."

Last edited: May 23, 2021
  6. iamnuff

iamnuff Connoisseur.

Hitting raven with infectious rage is a hugely bad idea. Like just wow, that's how you get Dr Light'ed

7. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Change "got" to whatever it's supposed to be. My instinct says "god", but I don't remember the S.I. encountering an evil god.

8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

'evil god' not 'evil got'

Also when Raven pins someone after being infected I thin it should be Kori and not Kom.

The evil god is Krona, who belongs to a species of godlike beings

Also think 'it as well' not 'it was well'

9. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

I'm a bit confused. They killed the labtech by now? Was that the Red Lantern subplot here?

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

The lab tech could have worked for Professor Chang, seeing as he appears to be Jump City's resident mad scientist

DAT_NOOB and Lupercal like this.
  11. Oglymogly

Oglymogly I trust you know where the happy button is?

Nice fight scene! I always enjoy seeing competent enemies.

Quick question though, where did Paul get the gold from?

12. SemiAnarchist

SemiAnarchist Versed in the lewd.

Sneaky hidden link is sneaky.

Also very fitting, for a Red Lantern.

13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He probably went on a little mining expedition to gather gold.

Remember what Bill Cipher said when the apocalypse comes?

"BUY GOLD, BYE"

Ah, ah,ohhh... I really need to buy some gold now

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  14. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

I have to wonder, is this Jade mute or does she just not talk while her mask is on so she can use her actual face to go incognito/undercover?

Alexandercctv, DAT_NOOB and Doccer like this.
  15. Doccer

Doccer I trust you know where the happy button is?

I'm sorry, but compared to an evil god, a girl with knives just isn't that scary.

Darko and Cuchulin like this.
  16. Oglymogly

Oglymogly I trust you know where the happy button is?

Yeah, and with the jump cut he had the time to mine it quickly.

I think there is gold deposits in Korea as well.

Cuchulin likes this.
  17. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

Sounds more like another guy who encouraged people to buy gold because the end times were coming soon and you should really get a nifty bunker to hide in for a few years until the worst was over.

Navi-Hank likes this.
  18. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

Yes... They are insanely lucky Raven didn't curbstomp every single one of them.

19. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Sigh... Honestly, Green Lantern is a public hero. Or heroes. You'd think it would be fairly common knowledge that Lanterns are practically immune to mundane weapons... Though as OL shows here, not completely immune...

Wow, even when it's not his Jade, he knows her moves perfectly.

Translation: "Dammit, stop commentating my fighting style!"

Yeah, that's not creepy at all, OL.

"Keep talking, I'm listening."

"That's gonna cost extra, bucko."

"Okay, You got a deal. Not afraid of knives?"

"Most long-underwear types don't ask to hire me..."

"All right, let's go."

Was there ever any explanation for her silence? An old injury? Or maybe she's like Cassandra Cain? Or like Cuchulin asked, keeping incognito?

Oh, great, it's turned into Pacific Rim, junior edition.

I suppose it's harder to maintain tech with a Ring that... Aggressive?

Ow. Hey, Garfield, take note: do not engage the super-strong guy in hand-to-hand combat when you are squishy...

Yeah, duh, OL. Admittedly, it's easy to assume you and your alternates are outliers of Ring ability.

Ugh, joy of a kids' cartoon's outlook on collateral damage...

Eh, Never assume the big, muscular green guy isn't smart too. Consider 'Professor' Hulk. Or Ghazghkull Mag uruk Thraka...

And he's a mage too? A full package. Seriously, no surprise he's a senior Lantern.

Ohshit! Danger, OL, Danger!

Don't think the cooldown hug is gonna work here, Kory!

So it's a standard Red Lantern technique? I guess it makes skilled opponents more likely to make mistakes...

Yeah, kind of excessive. I guess he's just playing around?

Might convince the team to up their game. Beatdown like that? They're going to be eager to improve.

Honestly a good question. Why aren't they here?

And people thought using the YJ Team as deniable Black-Ops was bad?

Huh, guess he's decided they've had enough...

Huh, mission accomplished, eh?

...ouch. Definitely a learning opportunity for the Titans... Doubt they'll take it though. Unless Raul wants to prompt them...

And OL has no fucks to give, in the face of imminent multiversal disaster.

Well. Local variants acquired. Time to be getting back to the dream-ruby realm? Hmm. Wonder what alternate Paul is next on the shopping list?

Corrections:
    I thought this was Earth 32? Also, Full Stop rather than a comma?
    ...being hit by a hulking green alien with...
    ...missing the alien as he steps aside...
    ... look at the devastation that has already...

20. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

recovering -> recovered (?)
    then -> them

Mr Zoat and Chojin Patriarch like this.
  21. Mr Zoat

Except that unlike Dr Light, Abysmus isn't a putz.
    Thank you, corrected.
    Sometimes I'm too sneaky. I don't think that anyone found the Thomas the Tank Engine link from a few days ago.

22. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

I don't remember seeing anyone else find a Father Ted link a couple of weeks ago, either.

Bramble Thorn and Cuchulin like this.
  23. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

You mean the one where he shipped prisoners to the concentration camps, then went to trial for it?

Travisplo, jonasquinn, Ardy and 4 others like this.
  24. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Hey Mr Zoat, the Paragon isn't going to somehow forget about this whole episode after it's over, is he?

Ardy, Chojin Patriarch and Darko like this.
  25. rkyeun

rkyeun Cabbitus Maximus

random tense change: tries

26. Mr Zoat

No.
    Thank you, corrected.

Bramble Thorn, Ardy, Cuchulin and 7 others like this.
  27. WereDragon

WereDragon Bookwyrm

Not a bad showing from the Titans, considering their opponent.
    Typically pathetic showing from the local Jade. Faster realisation than most though, either she is smarter than her older parallels or Paul is getting better at this.

Less dangerous to him, more dangerous to his No Kill completion bonus.

Ardy, Cuchulin, DrThoth and 2 others like this.
  28. Whenever Possible

Whenever Possible Versed in the lewd.

Xmaster3000 likes this.
  29. CalvinCopyright

CalvinCopyright Getting sticky.

Are those red quotation marks supposed to be there? Is it just an indication of the degree to which the Infectious Rage got itself into Raven, or a sign of Red Enlightenment?

Darko likes this.
  30. Mr Zoat

When the speech marks are coloured as well as the text within, it indicates that the individual in question is overwhelmed by the emotion.