1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Skittering Hollow (Bleach/Worm)

Discussion in 'Questing' started by Planeshunter, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Its_a_cauldron_plot!

Its_a_cauldron_plot! ( Or is it Simurgh?)

[X][Brats] Lion.

[X][Human World] Dual Citizenship
    - [X] Train up their basic skills so they won't starve to death anything soon
    -- [X] Learn to make portals to human world
    --- [X] Figure out a way to least get them a basic education in the human world because you won't suffer fools who don't know jack shit and to get them out of your hair for a few hours while out there
    ---- [X] Remember that you have to pick them up and drop them off at school everyday they go until they are able to portal themselves
    ----- [X] Also check with either Soul Reaper you met so far and ask about the food they eat just to have more options for your children
    ------ [X] Don't forget to make use of the mindrape magic that you learned about last time you were in the human world for your children and to make things easier for everyone involved

2. Rexman25

Rexman25 Getting out there.

[X][Brats] Bear.

[X][Plan] Domestic Retirement
    -[X] First we have two (unborn) babies that have needs to satisfy, so plans on hold till we make sure they can interact with the living (and not eat them).
    -[X] Second this Momma needs a pair of legs, let's grow to Vasto Lord and get that body that won't constantly hunger for the flesh of neighbors.
    -[X] Third, well Hot-bod Strawberry lives the dual life with a surprisingly physical Magical Midget. He might know a way to get my girls re-enrolled in school.
    --[X] Weekends with Aunty Elune, camping on the moon, roasting Hollows over Fuego Mistico and telling campfire stories.
    -[X] Finally, a love life. Dont want to be a Single Mom Abomination forever.
    --[X] Sweet retirement bliss. Might write a book 'Life and times of a Hungry Ghost with Rocking Hair'.

Its_a_cauldron_plot! likes this.
  3. Umbra99

Umbra99 Good Civilization

[X][Brats] Bear.

4. Shadowoflight

Shadowoflight Not too sore, are you?

[X][Brats] Bear.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  5. Naddakka741

Naddakka741 Making the rounds.

[X][Brats] Lion.

--- [X] Figure out a way to least get them a basic education in the human world because you won't suffer fools who don't know jack shit and to get them out of your hair for a few hours while out there
    ---- [X] Remember that you have to pick them up and drop them off at school everyday they go until they are able to portal themselves
    ----- [X] Also check with either Soul Reaper you met so far and ask about the food they eat just to have more options for your children
    ------ [X] Don't forget to make use of the mindrape magic that you learned about last time you were in the human world for your children and to make things easier for everyone involved

6. Nargus

Nargus Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

[X][Brats] Bear.

7. zarabg

zarabg I trust you know where the happy button is?

[X][Brats] Bear.

-[X] First we have two (unborn) babies that have needs to satisfy, so plans on hold till we make sure they can interact with the living (and not eat them).
    -[X] Second this Momma needs a pair of legs, let's grow to Vasto Lord and get that body that won't constantly hunger for the flesh of neighbors.
    -[X] Third, well Hot-bod Strawberry lives the dual life with a surprisingly physical Magical Midget. He might know a way to get my girls re-enrolled in school.
    --[X] Weekends with Aunty Elune, camping on the moon, roasting Hollows over Fuego Mistico and telling campfire stories.
    -[X] Finally, a love life. Dont want to be a Single Mom Abomination forever.
    --[X] Sweet retirement bliss. Might write a book 'Life and times of a Hungry Ghost with Rocking Hair'.

8. Arksurek

Arksurek Only here for the cookies.

I don't understand why so many people want to throw Tatsuki and Chizuru right into the line of fire. Yes, we've jumped head first into more than one such situation, but I would think that Taylor would be a little more careful with her "kids". Doubly so when you consider how they got into this mess in the first place.

hillo315 likes this.
  9. Hydra

Hydra Getting out there.

[X][Brats] Lion.

10. Damian3057

Damian3057 Know what you're doing yet?

Taylor did some crazy shit as a teen with basically no backup.

I mean I don't know why people want to but it kinda make sense in a 'back in my day I was already warlord at your age' kind of way. She's also thereto back them up Wich is more than she ever had. She might think this kind of situation is perfectly alright for kids to handle, she would have.

hillo315 likes this.
  11. Harpy81

Harpy81 Versed in the lewd.

Also these are high school aged teenagers who fully believe that they can take care pf themselves. Some independence will probably do them some good.

hillo315 likes this.
  12. CrimsonFate

CrimsonFate Versed in the lewd.

You guys do remember that Taylor at that point of her time did have powers for a few months and that she was way over her head when she took on Lung. Plus, they are teens from a peaceful place with barely any experience with danger besides the event which killed them.

And there always next time if Weaver wants them to get expose to the greater dangers of the world which doesn't involved a delicate task as helping Elune with her Seal problem. Maybe some task that doesn't have high stakes as this one for their first adventure.

hillo315 likes this.
  13. Damian3057

Damian3057 Know what you're doing yet?

I'm not saying it's the right call just that It could make sense.

People who had a hard life tend to expect their kids to be able to handle what they went through sometimes forgetting how much it sucked at the time.

hillo315 likes this.
  14. CrimsonFate

So true when you put it like that. Then this could be a learning experience for Weaver in general in that she could learn her children aren't like herself and that she must learn to do better.

hillo315 likes this.
  15. Demetric

Demetric Know what you're doing yet?

[X][Brats] Bear.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  16. R.A.G.

R.A.G. Well worn.

[X][Brats] Lion.

I'd pick bear, but as shown by THIS WHOLE SITUATION Tats has no self preservation instinct if held back. So better to send her ahead and see what happens.

victor janus and hillo315 like this.
  17. zephyriphoenix

zephyriphoenix Getting out there.

[X][Brats] Bear.
    [X][Brats] Autie Elune.

No real preference on training and the human world but I want to keep the kids alive. That means either bear or auntie elune, at least until they get some training. I'm pretty sure the tally system will count this for both which is basically the same as voting against lion.

Otto von Saurion and hillo315 like this.
  18. mattsaber

mattsaber Well worn.

Otto von Saurion likes this.
  19. Planeshunter

Planeshunter [Verified Slimegirl Whisperer]

Alright ladies and gents, votes are now closed!

And this time's winner is...

[X][Brats] Lion.
    [X][Brats] Bear.

Task: Brats
    [X][Brats] Bear.
    No. of Votes: 8
    [X] CatOnFire
    [X] Demetric
    [X] Nargus
    [X] Rexman25
    [X] Shadowoflight
    [X] Umbra99
    [X] zarabg
    [X] zephyriphoenix
    [X][Brats] Lion.
    No. of Votes: 8
    [X] Harpy81
    [X] abyssmal_kismet
    [X] Arbitbit39
    [X] edofthesquid
    [X] Hydra
    [X] Its_a_cauldron_plot!
    [X] Naddakka741
    [X] R.A.G.
    [X][Brats] Autie Elune.
    No. of Votes: 5
    [X] Shaper47
    [X] Arksurek
    [X] CrimsonFate
    [X] googl7
    [X] zephyriphoenix

Task: Human World
    No. of Votes: 11
    [X] CrimsonFate
    [X] abyssmal_kismet
    [X] Arbitbit39
    [X] Arksurek
    [X] Demetric
    [X] edofthesquid
    [X] Harpy81
    [X] Its_a_cauldron_plot!
    [X] Naddakka741
    [X] R.A.G.
    [X] Shadowoflight

Task: Plan
    No. of Votes: 5
    [X] CatOnFire
    [X] mattsaber
    [X] Rexman25
    [X] Umbra99
    [X] zarabg

Total No. of Voters: 21

We have a tie! And options aren't really compatible either. So I'll cast my own vote and we'll go with [X][Brats] Lion.
    The fact it took a tiebreaker will be kept in mind, so Taylor shouldn't put the teens through anything too extreme.

Well that's a second Tats with no self-preservation, and she couldn't be more different from the first. Funny how things work out sometimes.

You guys give me the best ideas.

And I'm now drawing inspiration from Kumo again, Heavens have mercy of the poor teens.

20. spidermonkey

spidermonkey Making the rounds.

Bears have been known when starving to eat there own young so probably for the best not to go with there parenting style when you are a species known for there cannibalistic habits and are nearly always hungry

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    hillo315 likes this.
  21. CrimsonFate

I just realized that Weaver children could feed off on Strawberry spirit energy while in the human realm and he probably won't have much of a problem doing so. And most of all he probably become all the more stronger for it.

hillo315, R.A.G. and mariuswinter like this.
  22. daimahou

daimahou Gentleman Tentacle(s)

... That's just begs for them to call Ichigo "father"...

23. spidermonkey

Question is there any one here

hillo315 likes this.
  24. Planeshunter

Bad news everyone, muse seems to be out of juice.

I'll give it a couple of weeks in case it somehow resurrects, but from experience chances aren't looking good. Just wanted to give you the heads up, because if there's something worse than a story dying off, is the author up and disappearing without saying anything.

If I can get my flow back during this two weeks, we'll continue and everything's good in the world, otherwise I'll hold a small Q&A so people can ask whatever they want about the setting and the plans I had for the future.

I think that's everything for now, see you later guys.

25. CrimsonFate

Shit that really sucks but I do hope you get your muse back.

Now here a pic I found online that could potentially describe Weaver in the future.
    [​IMG]

Other than that I hope you find inspiration to continue once more.

26. spidermonkey

To be completely honest I was using this thread as a dollar store version of arana because I fucking want it to be updated Arana that is also if anyone is going to complain about the F word where on a site that has smut on it

hillo315 likes this.
  27. mattsaber

mattsaber Well worn.

hopefully you get inspire again

hillo315, Planeshunter and Megagulp like this.
  28. hillo315

hillo315 Getting some practice in, huh?

It's been a nice ride so far, and I regret not contributing more. I wish your muse a speedy recovery.

29. Threadmarks: Papillon 3.09 - What's with these excellent brats?
    Planeshunter

So... yeah. This chapter unfortunately isn't the result of my capricious muse coming back home, but of a whole friggin' month of trudging through, a sentence, sometimes a single word, at a time. That and my stubborn resolve to at least end this with a whole update, instead of just a small footnote. The discontinuation notice can be found at the end of the chapter.

With that, Elune pointed us towards the hole in her awareness and, after being a worrywart for a while longer and trying to talk me out of it once more. Failing that, she insisted on me being careful. As if some puzzles and automated pest-control drones would stop me. Honestly, such lack of faith.

… I’m not that untrustworthy, am I?

Of course I’m not.

And butterflies don’t count as pests anyway, because we’re too beautiful. So I’m immune to any potential opposition anyway. My plan is flawless!!

Instead, since everything is under control, I’ll take the chance to let the girls have their first taste at surviving in Hueco Mundo. Nothing too crazy though, I’m here as a safety blanket, after all. That and I don’t have the means to safely remove their past memories so they can have a proper first contact like I did.

Speaking of the girls, there’s something that’s been bothering me for a while…

“So do you girls identify as Human or Hollow? Or something different?” Well, not really bothering me, I mind too much either way, but this is the sort of thing that should be talked about before one accidentally says something hurtful. “Calling you girls ‘self-puppeteering corpses’ sounds kinda off-putting.”

They exchange a wide-eyed stare, accompanied by a series of swiftly shifting expressions I can make neither head nor tails of. Seriously, teenagers. It’s like they speak another language. In the end, it is Tatsuki who answers, after smacking the pervert in the head. With no clue what’s going on, I can only assume she deserved it.

“Since we’re something new, we get to name ourselves.” “And since Chizuru’s proposal got vetoed and I don’t care either way, we’re taking Elune-basan’s option and calling ourselves Leichen.”

Elune-basan, huh?

… No, I’m not blushing. Shut up!

“Like the immortal undead magicians who store their souls in phylacteries?” I ask instead, more to distract myself than anything else.

“Wha— that’s a thing? No, that’s just the german word for corpses, as far as I know.”

“She did mention something about pissing off nazis.” Damegane pipes in.

“Oh, that’s fine then.” I have no idea what's going on, but pissing off nazis is always a worthy cause in my books. “Anyway, we’re here.”

We stop to gaze at the place. It’s obviously on the far side of the moon, because there would be no way to miss the gigantic glowing blue techno-organic temple to alien rationality. So this is the subconscious of an alien goddess? Even the sky looks different….

[​IMG]

Shaking the feeling of wonder to get my eyes back in the game, I let the kids take point. Nothing stops us as we approach the central building, which funnily enough does nothing to calm my nerves. Cool it might be, but dang if it’s not also unsettling. It’s only once we physically cross into the building that the unsettling feeling gets a tangible justification.

[​IMG]

“It’s bigger on the inside?” Damegane interrupts my chain of thought, quite rudely, I might add.

“You watch Doctor Who? Why am I not surprised?“”

“I wear glasses, I’m entitled to some geek hobbies.” She snarks while fixing said sight implement. Then her eyes gain a certain shine, as a sharp smirk paints her face.“The question is, how did you get the reference? Or speak German, actually. Don’t think I didn’t notice most japanese people wouldn’t get the meaning of ‘Liechen’.”

“Sh— Shut up!” Is the flustered answer. “I just… know, okay? No idea why.”

“It sounds like it came from all that Existence Essence that was stuffed into you before birth” I muse. “We probably all have some sort of fragmentary knowledge from there. I mean, I never noticed myself, but then again. Amnesia.”

“You think that’ll affect us?” She asks, suddenly worried. “... Change who we are?”

“I have no idea what it did to me!” I answer cheerfully. Because the choice is having an existential crisis, and I’m really not in the mood for that. Setting a horrible example for the kids too. Maybe later, when I’m alone, preferably after finding some of that ghost-alcohol I threatened my brain with before. “But you still remember who you were, right? So you tell me whether it changed you or not.”

“It might be that.” Damegane is still smirking, nothing good can come from that. “... Or she might still be a closet geek and giving whatever excuses she can think of to avoid getting out! Guess that’s a question we’ll have to keep wondering forever...”

“Children, behave.” Seriously, this is not the place to try and gouge someone else’s eyes. I also fail to see how that would make them shut up. I would yell a lot if someone gouged my eyes. That is, if I had eyes. “Pay attention to the road, we don’t know what’s in here.”

As if they were waiting for my comment, two hulking metal figures drop from… somewhere in front of us. They’re big, mean-looking, wield even bigger and meaner-looking swords.

[​IMG]

Each of them has legs twice the size of the brats… whole body, in spite of seemingly skipping leg day in the gym. Man but those biceps can make a girl weak on the knees! Since they’re not Hollow, or there’s anything remotely close in my experience I can remotely compare them to, I have no idea how strong they are, but they seem capable of giving a challenge.

“Go ahead, kids.” I encourage the thow of them. “Show the metal bins what you’re made of!”

I’ll wait on the sidelines so they can properly show off and… pff! Who am I kidding, demi-hollow newborn brats against eldritch automated pest-control defenses? They’re going to be curbstomped so hard it’ll hurt me by association.

A nice reality check for the brats, I’ll just have to be ready to step in in time to save their skins. This’ll properly motivate them to take survival seriously, we’ll work up from there and—

“Done!”

“They weren’t much of a challenge, weren’t they?”

Two giant metal bodies lie in the ground, one of them with a smoking crater in the middle of it’s chest, still holding the shattered remains of the sword it tried to use to block, the other apparently beheaded with it’s own weapon. I swear, I look away ten seconds and… I mean… da fuk???

“Yeah,” Tatsuki is nonchalantly bloding her fist, as if she hasn’t just punched through literally tons of metal. “They weren’t even that strong and their speed was— Wait a minute!”

“Uh?” Chizuru is dusting her skirt, a foot propped on a disembodied metal head. “Is something the problem, Tatsuki-chan?”

“How come you defeated yours so fast?”

“What do you mean? You defeated yours even faster.”

“I am a martial artist! You’re the pervert weirdo I beat up when she gets fresh with my best friend.”

“Oh?” Chizuru fixes her glasses, with that annoying smirk of her curving her lips upwards.“Standing right up after being piledrived by Tatsuki-chan isn’t for the faint of heart, you know? Since when were you under the impression I didn’t practice martial arts myself?” Truly, a damegane.

And then go on and on with their silly arguments, completely ignoring the fact they just crushed fucking giant metal robots like they were bowling pins. Sure, I never thought too much about the fact they have as much Existence Essence as myself, but even so. What’s with these excellent brats?

So... yeah, it seem this is it. I could say this doesn't have to be the end, I could say maybe I'll be able to retake it in a month, half a year, or just a vague someday. Unfortunately I know myself enough to know that won't happen. It didn't with any of my discontinued fic in other sites, it didn't with my many, many unpublished stories, nor with any other similarly fashioned projects. Once it reaches this point, trying to force myself only makes things worse, trust me on this, I've tried.

Anyway, if this was a regular story where I was following a script, I could offer you an abridged version of the plot so you could at least know how it ends, but since this is a quest where you had so much control over how things went, I tried to avoid that. Instead, feel free to ask any questions you might have and I'll do my best to answer them satisfactorily.

Even if the end wasn't the best, this adventure was a blast. Thank you all for coming and sharing the fun!

30. Umbra99

Umbra99 Good Civilization

That's sad to hear. Thank you for at least giving this a shot. I hope to read from you again sometime soon, whether it be here or in another story!

Zeus, Illariai, hillo315 and 5 others like this.