1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Silverias

Silverias Know what you're doing yet?

April Fool's stuff happens in-universe april fool's, not ours.

2. jaelin910

jaelin910 habitual lurker

Right there with you....
    I think this is Glory but I never watched the show.
    Edit:https://buffy.fandom.com/wiki/Glorificus

3. Cuchulin

Cuchulin Versed in the lewd.

From my limited knowledge of later Buffy it looks like Glory has just shown up. A "Hell god" that played Devil Hulk to some very nice guy with medical skills Banner. But most of what I know of her comes froma Daria crossover an the wiki.

4. Diraniola

Diraniola I trust you know where the happy button is?

This entire plotline resolving is the April fools chapter.

mauke and DrThoth like this.
  5. TheEyes

TheEyes Well worn.

Woof, all the way to the stuper-powered Divine Glorificus. Too bad Paul doesn't have that god-slaying sword; it'd be super handy right about now.

6. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Fom my massive knowledge of Buffy, it does indeed appear to be the case. She's after a way to her dimension, as Glory was. She's blonde, and powerful as heckfire. No one else matches that.

Falcon_Striker, Ardy, Lokpik and 5 others like this.
  7. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Change "named" to "names".

Should "bating" be "baiting"?

Change "through" to "thought".

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  8. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

the Sword of the Fallen would really come in handy now.

Here's an idea.

Paul can ask the Silver City to make him two new powerful demons like the Second and Third, kill them and make a new godkilling sword.

I know the angels probably won't do it , but it was just a thought.

Well he can always ask Hephaestus to make him a godkilling sword like the one n52 Hephaestus made, called Godkiller for lack of a better word.

Nice to see that some Paul's actually use magic.

QQporter, DrThoth, Ardy and 6 others like this.
  9. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

It wouldn't matter if he did, Buffy runs on different theological rules then DC.

10. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Zoat can just change those rules.

Also the only rules that apply in this story are the ones Zoat makes along with a smattering of some others from the comics.

Ardy, SemiAnarchist and Cuchulin like this.
  11. Ganurath

Ganurath Apologizes For Nothing

Glory's here?

Quick! Find out what John did with the Shadow Dog! Its charge is loose!

Falcon_Striker, PDV, Lokpik and 4 others like this.
  12. Old Knife

Old Knife Not too sore, are you?

Oh look. Glory.

Paul was looking for a replacement for the sword of second and third.

Prince Charon, Ardy, JoTa34 and 4 others like this.
  13. Agent Orange

Agent Orange Experienced.

An actually magic using Paul, I never thought we'd see one. Did you ever consider making a purely magic using one instead of a Lantern that occasionally dabbles in Rituals for Dummies?

On one hand I completely agree, on the other I find this statement very bizarre coming from someone who spent the past year or two in DCverse. They (and Marvel, and many other superhero verses) also have 'magic exists and has existed since human prehistory' with it being available for study and use even to muggles and yet their world looks almost exactly like RL Earth. Their modern history is more or less the same aside from a few fluff pieces thrown in to make it feel different but not too different to break immersion.

We know the Doylistic reason for this but how does Raul explain this in-universe?

I... don't think Oz actually introduced himself. Also, when are we in the series? You got his demeanour perfectly but why does he act so clueless?

Glory? Is that you honey? Glory's first appearance in in season ... 5?

14. Sorrow

Sorrow Getting sticky.

… Even if he made a sword out of her, it would be a really dumb sword. Pretty, but stupid.

15. Gladiusone

Gladiusone Well worn.

She’s also wearing a nurses uniform, suggesting she just emerged from her human host’s body.

16. BlueMangoAdea

BlueMangoAdea Alive. For now.

Doesn't Angel!Paul count? Pure theurgy, right? (at least until he gets a lantern)

17. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Glory is a pretty bad match up for Red Lantern Paul, for this reason. She's just so ludicrous he'll have a hard time staying properly angry.
    Wrong tense. She's not wearing a nurses uniform anymore.

18. Handlewithcare

Handlewithcare Versed in the lewd.

Ah crap! Of all the times to end up in the Buffyverse it's this one, the one with the greatest villain the Buffyverse has!

It's the point of time where DAWN SHOWS UP!!! AAAAH!

Gilhelmi and Cuchulin like this.
  19. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

Honestly, if Sunnydale was founded in the fifties, I would not be surprised. Wasn't the founder an immortal who wanted sacrifices for the Hellmouth or am I wrong?

Heh, an actual magic-using Paul. Only other one I could think of is Sybarite... Angel-Paul seemed to use Angelic sonic abilities: literally singing at reality...

Well, that's one way to get a response...

Oh, he can have fun with this...

You'd be amazed at how well people can deceive themselves, even without a Somebody Else's Problem effect in full swing... And don't forget vigilant secret societies with lethal responses to the supernatural...

Oh, boy. If he did come back, the next few seasons of Buffy would be boring as hell.

Easy mistake to make. Black and red clothes/armor... Glowing blood-red aura...

And anyone else would assume you're a lunatic...

Now, to see if Zaul is in contact with the Scoobies...

For vampires... The nightclubs in town?

And watch him facepalm when Zaul turns out to live in an abandoned crypt, Angel-style.

Okay, bro? Might want to lay off whatever you're on to make you so... mellow.

What a restrained reaction to learn that parallel universes do exist, and there are superheroes in them. Is this Oz guy always like this?

...Oh, goody. now what?

Seriously, is this guy incapable of showing surprise?o_O

If he's as baked as I think he is, he's probably just gonna stand there staring...

Hoo boy. This is going to be a barrel of laughs...

Surprisingly undamaged for, what... Dropping out of the sky? Almost kryptonian-tough, then.

Er, what? No, seriously, what?

Another case like Overgirl, or... <looks up-thread> Ah, a Buffyverse villian.

Gee, acting like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth... Rings kinda fake...

Idiot, meet out-of-context problem. I leave it to you as to which is which.;)

Hmm... Wonder who'd win between her and Overgirl.. and how messy it'll be.

Nice way to work in traditional Red Lantern incendiary blood vomit...

And I assume gave her a decent tan, too? Unless her invulnerability doesn't work that way?

Curtains match the rug, eh?

...Yeah, I would probably react the same way...:confused:

And on the sideline, Oz give two thumbs up.

So, anyone care to provide an explanation? As a non-fan with minimal knowledge of Buffyverse lore, I am :confused:confusedo_O... Scratch that, jaelin910's link kind of explains it... So, first season Buffy, and this is the fifth-season villain? Derail time!

He nods, frowning in thought.

20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I think that Raul is just a bit biased on the development of civilization and what magic brings to it.
    Having a ring of rage can make you a bit biased is all I'm saying.

On the other hand it is possible that Raul's version of DC isn't quite as magically powerful as the others, or that it takes a LOT of time for magic users to develop their powers in that universe in comparison to the Buffyverse, to the point that what could take a wizard in DC decades to learn and become powerful could only take someone in the Buffyverse a few months or even years to do.

The fact that several jumped up elementals may be responsible for the whole thing is also a possibility.

Angel Paul, yeah he uses magic, though it may be more instinctual like what the renegade does, though I could be wrong.

Renegade could also potentially use magic, and quite powerful magic at that, but he isn't really trained and just uses his god powers.

Sybarite could also potentially use magic, but like renegade uses his ring and his more instinctual demon powers rather than casting spells.

21. Agent Orange

Eh. I don't generally consider divine casters real casters. They have a glorified phone number, and their Patron does most of the heavy lifting. Just matter of taste on my part thou

:D Yup. This is pure, unfiltered Oz. He is actually that mellow and deadpan. And as far as I remember he doesn't use anything to stay that way.

As for Glory... well, you'll see. Comparing her to a Kryptonian (even to this Angelika) would be underselling her by several orders of magnitude.

erebus1994, Ardy, WhiteNoise and 7 others like this.
  22. moralrelativity

moralrelativity Recovering pendant.

named -> names

Hell's Razer likes this.
  23. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Thank you, corrected.
    No, because rings are so much easier to use.
    It's because the universe is stupid.
    He didn't.
    1850s, maybe. The mayor's longevity comes from the demons he feeds.

24. Zelnik

Zelnik Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

Glory was around before season 5 though, she was just weaker and looking for the key, and not seen on screen. If she detected someone from another dimension (or parallel universe) she might show herself.

Cuchulin, Ardy, Chaoswind and 6 others like this.
  25. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

I really expected that to be a link to tvtropes...

Bramble Thorn, Istaran, Ardy and 2 others like this.
  26. doug89

doug89 Versed in the lewd.

She only has durability, super speed, and super strength right? If all else fails, just juggle her into space and leave her. Eventually she'll turn back into Ben and that problem will solve itself.

27. Agent Orange

While that might be true for WTR specifically I never got the impression that magic is particularly hard to learn or use in DCverse. Now you could say that we only get to see stories about outliers: PC Wizards that learn powerful spells in weeks with every other magic user taking a decade to learn a handful of cantrips. Or that all those magic using kids just happen to stumble upon idiot-friendly magic items designed to empower without much effort on user's part. Or that all the bad guys made a deal with [insert jumped up elemental] for magical knowledge and skill. But that's not what the comics imply. General public just... doesn't use magic because.

28. Ganurath

To put it in a DC context, this is a Rule 63 of the Beast that John Constantine's Shadow Dog was tasked with keeping contained.

Cuchulin, Ardy, Navi-Hank and 3 others like this.
  29. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Boss Smiley said that he was responsible fro making sure magic wasn't in widespread use, so it's most likely the work of some magical entity that is keeping magic from becoming common knowledge for some reason.

Cuchulin likes this.
  30. Ganurath

An entity... or group.

Darko likes this.