1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

Indigo Paul: "I will be your doom!"

2. Vaermina

Vaermina Well worn.

A self insert that likes to pussyfoot around. :D

WereDragon, gustyeagle and Cuchulin like this.
  3. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Hey Zoat has Saul injected himself with some Compound V to get powers?
    Considering the fact that he has a power ring to help him deal with any damage and may be able to remove powers it would make sense if he tries to give himself some through injecting Compound V into himself.

Does the renegade have visions about his alternate versions like the paragon?

4. Ace Dreamer

Ace Dreamer Questioning The Nature of our Realities

One of those awkward, "Oh dear" (said in a thoughtful voice), moments? :)

Looks like the Time Trapper and Red Queen negotiations with the Gold Lanterns aren't going quite as smoothly as they would have liked? Or, I guess, Gold Lanterns turning up to see what's taken a spherical bite out of one their cities, could be another possibility.
    I've a suspicion he wouldn't mess with something that might fry his brain, or otherwise mess him up, possibly before his Power Ring could fix him. Compound V seems pretty nasty and unpredicatible.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Probably the second one there.

6. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

No.
    Compound V as it exists in the setting isn't... Reliable. Unless you do what The Boys did and get Vogelbaum to personally work on a formulation that does exactly what you want, all sorts of things can happen.
    No.

7. Chojin Patriarch

Chojin Patriarch Veteran Lurker

"Because if I did it all myself, humanity would end up stagnating..." Honestly, that question comes up a lot. Usually around Superman.

Of course, the public probably just assumes that yes, the guy who can burn things by looking at them knows how not to... "Have you tried... Not being a mutant?"

Showing he's human, under the mask. Something the public seem to forget in this universe...

If they were in actual immediate danger, they'd be brought to safety with all speed. Again, training exercise. Saul can't really help himself, after all.

Good way to deflate his puffed-up state. Meet hatred with reasonable, patient calm...

And if the man opposite you is frothing at the mouth with rage, he looks like an idiot by default.

After all, Saul isn't immortal... Technically. I wonder if he's made plans in the event of his death. Though I doubt there's much on this Earth that could put him at risk...

Not much room for personal love amidst all that compassion...

I'm guessing she wanted someone devoted to her, not a one-night stand...

Seriously, this guy isn't thinking his arguments through, is he?

Something Saul had nothing to do with instigating, and I presume was there fighting to stop them?

Gotta wonder what's going through the loonie's head at times... Why would you even...?

Ah, Raul has arrived. Time for the real plot to stick its nose in.

And then some people are going to be having a very bad time of matters...

And that alone should be very telling based on his metaknowledge.

Take one guess, Saul...

Shush, little man. The important people are talking... And cameras are still rolling, aren't they? Wonder how this will play in the news?

...Pffft... No, I'm sorry, it was an honest question, he hardly knows what's been happening, does he? And I doubt he cares...

Hmm... A Red version of Wholeness Rightly Assumed... Would that be called 'Fucking fix me now!' or similar?:V

Good advice, given his ring operates on 'proper' Indigo settings...

Indigo teleportation. Moving at the speed of Plot!

And all hell has broken loose on the other side...

Looks like Krona took exception to their base...

Ah, that remarkable calm only an Indigo can produce... Did some temporal differential fuckery come in or something?

Oh, dear... This promises to be interesting...

Well, Complication factor increased by at least 300%... Now, to see what the fricking hell happened! I wonder how Sinestro is going to take the existence of other emotional spectrum colours... (Then again, Star Sapphire...)

...a number on my mind,

8. RichardWhereat

So, Indigo knows exactly who to turn to to get it done, has access to the compounds necessary, and a powerstaff.

Yeah, Indigo has had work done.

Ohh, right. Can't remember the setting. Huh. I wonder if he could use the staff to alter it for him.

9. Mr Zoat

Thank you, corrected.
    Vogelbaum is either missing presumed dead or actually dead, and has been for a while.

10. RichardWhereat

Could he not do the stuff with a Power Ring? I've heard this semi-reliable rumour that Power Rings are awesome.

11. Doc Sithicus

Doc Sithicus Not too sore, are you?

We need more Grayven here - I would like to see collective reactions of other Pauls when/if he makes an appearance.

12. Mr Zoat

Numerous companies around the world have thrown billions at Compound V. None have managed what Vogelbaum did. Furthermore, it doesn't really help anyone else.

13. jonasquinn

jonasquinn I trust you know where the happy button is?

Eh, I doubt Grayven is going to make an appearance in this plotline

For one thing if Paul had to be nerfed to not immediately resolve the plot then Grayven would have to be completely neutered, there's no real reason why Time Trapper would seek him out and, on a more meta level, it would be extremely confusing for the people that only read Paragon

14. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Time Trapper also seemed confused when Paul mentioned the whole 'Grayven niche' thing that Ambush Bug told about, so he probably doesn't know that the renegade exists.

Ngamer11, Jaron, Ardy and 5 others like this.
  15. Ace Dreamer

I could see (large) pony Grayven being an interesting addition to this mess... That's one reason I wondered if Power-that-Be ascended Cordelia Chase might get involved - our brave Lanterns have certainly poked the Buffy-verse... Messing with time and dimensions like that could attract a Dawn Summers, from a Buffy-verse, up the time-line, but, unless she's really escalated in a big way, she'd be out of her league.

I could imagine a Braniac 13, somewhere, in a temporally-locked workshop, shouting "What have the idiots done now?". Then, looking around to ensure no one saw his outburst. :)

No, I don't expect any of this to happen in the story. :)

Vorian and Cuchulin like this.
  16. Mr Zoat

I generally write under the assumption that people who read my work have read my work.

17. Sceptic

Sceptic Critical Irrationalist

Do you also doubt other things that have already happened too?
    That's just crazy talk.

18. jonasquinn

I'm sorry, when did Grayven make an appearance in this plotline?

The last time he appeared was at the end of his own plotline that alluded to but is not a part of this one and the last time he was mentioned was Time Trapper saying that he has no clue who he is
    No offence but given the amount of people that have claimed to only read either Renegade or Paragon that doesn't seem like a safe assumption

Cockus Blockamus and Cuchulin like this.
  19. Twilight666

Twilight666 I trust you know where the happy button is?

20. Mr Zoat

Since you ask.
    Perfectly safe for me.
    Darn it!

21. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

Oh boy.

Siniestro near a "Compassion" power source.

This will be fun.

22. LazySloth13

LazySloth13 Versed in the lewd.

Man Paul's gonna have to update his load out for future Crisis Events, especially if it leaves him without his ring or equipment, maybe more focus on magic or have his own Scarab Beatle.

Given the fact that Krona has knowledge on how to deal with power rings, there are dimensional magical entities like Glory, and local versions of people like Sinestro armed with power rings along with esoteric tech or powers he's lucky he's attained enlightenment in order to use a violet ring so well.

I bet one way to possibly hurt Krona or his plans is to access dimensions similar to Earth -14 with the majority of its powered population being villains and point them at Krona; at best they cause some actual damage, at worst they make for a good distraction, and any casualties can be shrugged off since they're villains.

23. jonasquinn

Fair enough let me rephrase, I don't see Grayven making another appearance in this plot line, or at least not a significant one, for the other reasons I gave

Predominantly that with how much Paul was nerfed to prevent him from just solving any problems that pop up Grayven would have to be rendered a gibbering idiot

24. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

Clearly someone's never heard the term "live-fire excercise" :V

25. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

"Compassion" rendered him impotent?

Wow.

Darko likes this.
  26. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Not so much as sexually impotent, but incapable of giving her a romantic relationship.

But who knows now, it may be possible that the staff has altered him in such a way that he no longer feels any sexual attraction to anyone and now may be incapable of getting an erection or becoming aroused. He may be able to acknowledge someone as being attractive, but more in the way of an intellectual manner than a sexual one.

Still kiddies this is a good listen to remember.

Too much emotional spectrum can make you lose touch with Mr. Wee Wee.

Don't do emotional spectrum.

27. Mr Zoat

No. That would have made things awkward the night before, though he'd have been perfectly happy to get her off with mouth/hands/other. The morning after they actually talked about the nature of their relationship and he pointed out that while he was happy to play whatever role in her life she wanted he wouldn't be capable of loving her -or anyone else- for as long as he used the staff.

Edit: And after checking, it seems that I was slandering The Deep. He didn't pressure Starlight into giving him a blowjob. It was just Homelander, Black Noir and A-Train.

28. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Maybe you got him confused with the tv series version?

Darko and Lupercal like this.
  29. Maxx Crowley

Maxx Crowley I trust you know where the happy button is?

Ah, I simply misunderstood.

In my experience that is. An awkward morning tends to come from the old "That's never happened to me before" issue. A lot of "I really think I'm gay/bi" guys get really nervous their first time, and when they don't have those teenage hormones pumping through them....well troubles can happen.

Darko, Cuchulin and True Ninja like this.
  30. Ace Dreamer

Well, if 'control over self' is part of the things a Power Ring gives, the physical act might not be an issue - but, any emotional response, you might see how that could be more tricky... Resorting to exotic and esoteric meditations and yoga likely wouldn't help much, either...