1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Games General

Discussion in 'General' started by Smuthunter, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Smuthunter

Smuthunter Begone Thot!

Well I never played the first Last of Us and I guess now I've got a good reason not to change that.

2. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

No, no, listen. The first The Last of Us is a good game, with a surprisingly well-working PvP tacked on. The story is well-written, for its limits, and the gameplay has a enjoyable reward feedback, where you feel your character growing stronger with every investment and improvement.

Jiven and daimahou like this.
  3. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

The first The Last of Us was good, but not nearly as good as people made it out to be. The way the fans and the gaming media sucked its dick, you'd think it was one of the best releases of the PS3's lifetime.

4. Rakdos92

Rakdos92 Goosh Goosh

That is also true. It gets way too overhyped.

5. Garlandknight

Garlandknight Happiest Arbites

I won't lie, the hype surrounding it was a big reason why I bought the game way back when it was launched. I know better than to buy into the gaming media's hype nowadays (or any kind of hype at all, really,) but I don't regret buying it because it was a good experience, though as far as PS3 mainstream games go I spent far more time playing InFamous and Assassin's Creed 3 than I did TLoU.

And if we include a wider range of games, I can easily name half a dozen titles that I enjoyed far more and spent more time playing.

But with that said, the main game's story is solid and was one of the main reasons the experience was as good as it was. The gameplay was also very good, aside from all those parts where you had to carry ladders or floating pallets around to progress. I can wholeheartedly recommend The Last of Us, if it is on sale or if you like that kind of game.

Jiven likes this.
  6. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

To be honest I lost any interest in playing it when I found out it had MP. Too many games this days are getting MP shoved into them just because it is popular.

wayne82444 likes this.
  7. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Surprisingly, Australia didn't ban Cyberpunk or censor it in order for it to get rated there.

8. Lykaia

Lykaia Well worn.

[​IMG]
    There's no way you're telling me this isn't a dude. Look at them! What the fuck where the devs thinking?

Bacon_commando, Rakdos92 and daimahou like this.
  9. OverReactionGuy

Think you want the videogame rant thread for that one.

daimahou likes this.
  10. Lykaia

Lykaia Well worn.

Whoops, you're right on that.

11. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

That is a surprise. I know we have the R rating here, but I would have thought something would have had to be removed since the devs have said that the game is going to have sex, drugs and nudity.

I guess that means I'll get to run around blowing shit up while naked from the waist down after all. :D

OverReactionGuy likes this.
  12. TheLastNanaya

TheLastNanaya Experienced.

The memes from TLOU2 leaks are totally unapologetic. I love it.

Derek58 likes this.
  13. OverReactionGuy

Friendship is back.

14. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

Cyberpunk 2077 Receives ESRB Rating of Mature

Apparently you will be able to customize your character's tit's, ass and genitals. So if you want to play a badass dummy thicc female V with big titties you can.

Considering the setting I'm assuming that will allow you to put a dick on her for those weirdos that are into that kind of thing. :p

15. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

[​IMG]

Also: September now? Dammit!

16. Raven1138

Raven1138 Experienced.

Microsoft just aired their Inside Xbox with some more details on AC Valhalla and confirmed that they will feature Smart Delivery so you don't need to buy the game again when you upgrade to a Series X. Also, as a surprise announcement is another Smart Delivery game: Yakuza Like a Dragon which will be a Series X Launch title alongside coming to Xbox One and PC. And this is on top of other RPGs that will be among the One/Series X titles including cyberpunk RPG The Assent and Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines 2.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
  17. shadowdice

shadowdice Connoisseur.

Historically.

Slaves and concubines.

So yeah, after they are done killing all the men and boys (or enslaving them), they take the women back and rape them.

Assassins: We are the good guys

Me: AC's historical revisionism needs limits.

18. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

19. Rexis12

Rexis12 Experienced.

God that reminds me of Witcher 3, whenever I walked past a female character model and see the tittle 'Captive' I always go
    [​IMG]

20. WhiteKnightLeo

WhiteKnightLeo Not too sore, are you?

IT'S MA'AM!

21. Borerwriter

Borerwriter Eat the hot dogs, human.

I don't know about you guys, but that spoiler about TLOU makes me want to play it

I mean...Look at that! It's peak humanity!

22. AllyDoodle

AllyDoodle Lewd Cthulhu

Considering how shitty the world is in general, it's probably a sure thing they are being raped frequently.

23. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

What have you fucking done.

You got me addicted now you ugly bastard.

Seriously though, this is probably the best idle shite I've ever seen.

24. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

How many price ratio upgrades have you gotten? The game doesn't start to really open up until you have at least three.

25. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

I'm on year 200, making Mint and getting ready to sacrifice some unicorns in my ziggurat.

26. SwiftRosenthal

SwiftRosenthal Connoisseur.

You're still on your first run, then. Resetting is a core game mechanic and required for progressing at any sort of reasonable rate.

Get 130 kittens (Concrete Huts is usually enough to push you over, unless you've been investing heavily in Harbors, Ships, and Mansions) and at least 75K accumulated faith so you can buy Apocrypha. First reset the faith, then do a real reset on the Time tab. Your second run will go by much faster thanks to the two resources that resetting gives you.

27. Scygnus

Scygnus Well worn.

Eugh. FF7R endgame spoilers- mostly on mechanics.

Fuck whoever came up with the action game boss mechanic where a human-sized opponent can't be hit except during a tiny window after they hit you with something that stuns you into not being able to unless you dodge/block perfectly. Mostly talking about Rufus. The first part of the Sephiroth fight was easier than fighting that cunt, at least he doesn't auto-counter. All three bosses after Rufus, in fact, were easier to fight. Arbiter Bahamut was almost as hard though, dude did not let up, but at least you had help.

Also: dodging limit breaks is just bullshit in general. Those things are hard to land unless the enemy is already staggered.

EDIT: Also Also: Whatever happened to Roach? I feel like he should've popped up more. Although we were pretty much mowing down 3Cs near the end. Though Roach is probably a second on power, if he wasn't so, er... Roach, he'd be ranked that, I'm guessing, as he was a lot tougher than the generic 3Cs.

So, I think, instead of finishing the collect-a-thon (at least until they announce what will and will not transfer to the next game- I feel like giving us all the basic materia already mastered would make the next one boring) I think I'm going to wax nostalgic and replay the original.

28. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

Been on a nostalgia kick lately and going through my old games, which reminded me, if there's anyone here who like Space Opera, I'd recommend Infinite Space (DS) as being one of the absolute best game to use that genre, ever.

I really wish that game got more recognition.

29. aabbcc

aabbcc Well worn.

Ugh. The gameplay was garbage, the story wasn't much better.

30. Deathwings

Deathwings Questionable French Guy

The gameplay isn't THAT bad. :rolleyes:
    And while the story is cliche, it also doesn't pull any punches and the characters are actually characters.