1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

SHINOBI: The RPG - Act 2 (Naruto/Fallout SI)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Fulcon, May 7, 2019.

1. Galacticplumber

Galacticplumber Not too sore, are you?

Considering his only remaining attachment is Itachi, and that he doesn't live for much of anything else? The two are entwined.

Fulcon likes this.
  2. Fulcon

Fulcon Not working on it anymore. Sorry.

I feel like a heel.

Guys, coming back to the story after my long break forced me to realize just how friggan out of my depth I am. With Daisuke and Anko, where I want to go with the story, I...I can't do it. I don't have it in me.

So I'm sorry. You guys waited so long for me to come back and, well, now I'm realizing just how screwed I am if I try to continue.

That said, I swear I will finish this, guys. I just need to take some time and get some applicable life experience.

If it sounds hollow, I'm sorry and I understand.

I hope to see you next time I start up the fic.

~Fulcon

3. High Lord Rokland

High Lord Rokland Not too sore, are you?

Dude, were good. Finish it when the inspiration strikes.

4. Galacticplumber

Unfortunate, but perfectly within reasonable bounds. By all means take as much personal time as you need.

Once things start up in earnest again I can offer detailed analysis of relevant characters, their abilities, and motivations such that we have a story of twists and turns where everyone involved feels like they're making good use of resources and intel. My advice is to break it into smaller, easier to work with pieces instead of an overwhelming picture.

5. Mike45

Mike45 Know what you're doing yet?

You are right Fulcon, Daisuke and Anko are really boring atm, bring on the other characters :)

anyway, take all the time you need ;)

6. Fulcon

I don't think that they're boring. I think that I don't have it in me to write marriage all that well.

llat-2 and Raza Mobizo like this.
  7. Galacticplumber

Ah, that hurdle. For a minute I thought it was timed to my introducing a logical easily implemented Obito Alarm. The timing was right there. At any rate that's going to be one of my areas of least experience. I can give ideas for how to make it entertaining, but authenticity to the normal course would be random/coincidental. You could make the argument that this would inevitably be abnormal for an avalanche of reasons, and thus authenticity to the normal experience doesn't matter so much, but I feel like that's your goal.

Fulcon likes this.
  8. Rechte

Rechte Getting sticky.

If you're going on hiatus, then I hope things start burning again in the other story

Or if the world goes crazy, then do a Hisako SI

Fulcon likes this.
  9. Seij

Seij Conveniently Generic Title

OMG, thought this was abandoned until I actually went back to SB to check. Turns out this moved here. Thought all my support on patreon was for naught haha. Time to catch up! My goodness. Silver lining is that I have a tonne to read!

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    mariic and Fulcon like this.
  10. Fulcon

I do appreciate the support. :)

Seriously, though, if you ever feel like your support on Patreon isn't getting you what you want, do not hesitate to cancel. I will not be offended if you do; I want to make sure everyone is getting their money's worth.

11. Threadmarks: Chapter 25: Indulgence
    Fulcon

The Following is a fanbased work of fiction: Naruto and Naruto: Shippuden are owned by Shueisha, Viz Entertainment and Masashi Kishimoto. Please support the official release.

---

As far as what they were expecting, Katsuki...wasn’t it.​

To be perfectly frank, they were expecting a samurai. Someone dressed head to toe in heavy armor with a sword made out of pure chakra, staring down at them with Samurai pride to hide their mortal terror at being in a village full of Ninja.​

But Katsuki was dressed in a simple kimono and greeted them with a warm smile, almost like she already knew who they were as she invited them in and served them all tea. She seemed to get even more pleasant after introductions were made.​

It was a little unsettling.​

They were sitting in the front room, a coffee table in the center. Chairs and sofas had been built, though none of the three had even seen furniture made in that style.​

“So,” Ino began, taking a sip. “How did a Samurai find her way to Konoha?”​

“Well,” Katsuki started, her smile adopting a thoughtful tone. “For the longest time, I’ve been fascinated by the Hidden Villages and Jutsu. We don’t have any instruction in those ways in Iron, so when Daisuke came along I saw a great opportunity to learn your ways.”​

The three Kunoichi looked at her.​

“You’re getting instruction in Jutsu?” Hisako started as levelly as she could. “From Daisuke?”​

“I am,” Katsuki nodded.​

“How did you manage that?” Ino asked. “On his honeymoon?”​

“I taught them a little bit of Ninshu,” Katsuki replied. “It helped them get through an issue they were having and Daisuke-sama was quite grateful.”​

Hinata’s eyes narrowed slightly.​

“They’re already fighting?” Hisako said with surprise.​

Katsuki hummed. “It’s not my place to say.”​

“So, they’re not going to last long,” Ino continued starting to nod, trying to contain the feeling of relief.​

“I wouldn’t say that,” Katsuki replied, barely failing to hide disappointment. “Sure, they rushed into it and that’s led to a few...awkward conversations, but they’re both affording that decision with the respect it needs. I think they’ll last so long as they both keep making an honest effort to support each other.”​

Hisako let out a grunt of disappointment.​

“But even if Daisuke was grateful, he wouldn’t go so far as to take someone new into his house,” Ino argued, regaining her composure. Unsaid were the words ‘another girl’. “Especially on his honeymoon.”​

“Well, as it turns out, while Daisuke-sama was willing to trade Jutsu for Ninshu, Anko-sama was willing to trade me something else that I wanted for help with her wedding present.” Katsuki said with a small smile. “I was a little hesitant at first, but...I think I’m looking forward to it.”​

Ino and Hisako looked at each other in confusion. Then Ino’s eyes got really wide. “Anko’s giving Daisuke a harem?”​

“That’s right,” Katsuki nodded. “Daisuke-sama kept himself oblivious to avoid spoiling the surprise.”​

Ino shook her head. “I hate to break it to you, but you aren’t going to be getting what you want. Daisuke will never accept it.”​

“Actually, I think I will,” Katsuki debated with a neutral expression. “And you might too.”​

“No, no, no, no, no,” Ino shook her head. “You don’t understand. Daisuke isn’t like most other guys. He bases his moral...value as someone who stays loyal to his partner.”​

Katsuki’s smile became oddly plastic for a moment.​

“Yeah, we’re all sunk because of how stubborn Daisuke is,” Hisako replied. “Besides, no one really wants to share.”​

“Exactly!” Ino said with a dramatic point. “Sharing is for losers! Why would you want to share?”​

Hinata frowned and raised a finger. “It’s your only chance to be with the person who makes you happy?”​

They both looked at Hinata with deep, sympathetic frowns.​

“You both are really upset that he picked Anko, aren’t you?” Katsuki asked, taking a sip of her tea.​

“What do you think?” Hisako hissed with rage. “He was my teammate, the person who was always there for me. Always! Then he drove a stake through my heart when I wanted him to be more than my shoulder to lean on.”​

“He saved my life,” Ino replied quietly. “And when I peeled back the...disturbing stone he was made of, I found a thoughtful, lonely boy that hated himself. So I was hoping that I could help him. Make him feel like he had value beyond being the village jutsu inventor. But...I guess he didn’t think I could make him happy.”​

“I don’t believe that’s true,” Katsuki pointed out. “Daisuke-sama had a very good reason to not reciprocate either of your affections, even though he wanted to.”​

“He didn’t want to,” Hisako pointed out. “We’re not good enough.”​

“I’m sorry you feel that way,” Katsuki said. “But as someone who has gotten a very good look at him, I can tell you that he cared for the both of you a great deal, even if it’s somewhat overshadowed by Lover’s High that Daisuke and Anko are sharing right now.”​

“You’ve already slept with him?” Ino said, her eyes as wide as dinner plates.​

“No, no,” Katsuki quickly denied. “I demonstrated Ninshu for them.”​

“What’s Ninshu?” Hinata asked curiously.​

“The Art of the Samurai,” Ino replied automatically.​

“Indeed,” Katsuki nodded. “It is the discipline of using Chakra to connect with other people.”​

“Thank you,” Hinata said with a grateful nod. “I’ve been curious about it.”​

“So you used Chakra to read his mind?” Ino asked, brow furrowing in confusion. “My clan can do that.”​

“In a way,” Katsuki replied. “But it’s more. If you’d like, I can show you.”​

“Nope.”​

“No, thank you.”​

“I’m sorry,” Hinata began. “But it sounds like Ninshu would let you learn our clan secrets.”​

“I didn’t mean for me to use Ninshu,” Katsuki hastily amended. “I meant that I’d walk you through trying it yourselves among each other.”​

“So instead of giving secrets to you, I’d give it to Hinata or Hisako,” Ino replied deadpan. “Better, but we still have the same problem.”​

“You’re all very protective of your families.” Katsuki nodded in appreciation. “I respect that. It’s completely understandable. But I don’t think either of you would be skilled enough at it to pick up anything but the most basic parts.”​

“Can we go back to the part where you’re looking forward to being Daisuke’s concubine?” Ino hurriedly changed the subject with outrage. “Like...what? Putting aside that Daisuke’s going to put a stop to that entire idea, you’d be using him to get power for yourself!”​

“You don’t even want a relationship with him,” Hisako barked. “You’re just a power hungry whore!”​

Katsuki’s grip on her cup visibly tightened for a moment and then relaxed. “Well, I apologize for upsetting you and for trying to get you to do something you weren’t ready for.”​

Hisako threw her cup on the coffee table. She looked even angrier that the cup didn’t have the decency to shatter on impact as she turned to storm out of the mansion.​

Ino simply placed her cup on the table. “Thank you for the tea, but I have to get going.”​

So she turned and left, opening the door that Hisako slammed on her way out and closing it softly.​

Katsuki turned to Hinata.​

“I’m very sorry about them,” Hinata replied.​

“I’ll get over it,” Katsuki waved it off. “Would you like some more?”​

“I’m fine,” Hinata replied. “But thank you.”​

“So is there something I didn’t know?” Katsuki asked. “Did they hear bad things about Ninshu before or did I step on some taboo?”​

“Secrets are a shinobi’s life-blood,” Hinata replied. “Asking them to go into a position to share them is…”​

“A taboo. One I knew about, to boot,” Katsuki shook her head. “Well, this is embarrassing.”​

“And well...you looking forward to being a concubine,” Hinata started, with an uncomfortable look on her face.​

“Made me seem like a power hungry whore?” Katsuki said, taking a breath and letting it out. “I suppose.”​

“Is that sort of thing common in Iron?” Hinata asked. “The harem thing. I only ask because it’s non-existent in the village.”​

“No,” Katsuki replied, shaking her head and remembering how livid her father had been when the news had been broken to him. He had held his tongue until they were in private; one did not simply mouth off to a god, no matter how even tempered they were. “I am simply seeing it as a trade.”​

“How so?” Hinata asked.​

“Well, I’m trading having the man of my dreams all to myself,” Katsuki started with a pensive expression. “To be very, very close and connected to a multitude of people I adore. At least, I’m hoping I adore.”​

“How long have you and Daisuke known each other?” Hinata asked.​

“Not very long at all,” Katsuki admitted. “But, Ninshu. Makes it very easy to judge a person’s character.”​

“I see,” Hinata nodded. “So then why do you say he’s the man of your dreams?”​

“That is an excellent question,” Katsuki replied. “He wants to share. Jutsu, I mean. Not just with me, but the entire world. He wants everyone to see and understand this incredible tool and bring the world up to a paradise, a paradise that he believes people can make for themselves. And he wants to use Ninshu as a part of that, something I’ve wanted to do since I was a child. And Anko-sama is wonderful. A woman who had been through so much and decided to persevere through it, get her life together and to be the best person she can be. Really inspiring. I just...adore them both.”​

“I see,” Hinata said.​

“How about you?” Katsuki asked. “You have someone you like?”​

“He picked someone else,” Hinata answered quietly.​

“I’m very sorry.”​

“It’s okay,” Hinata said. “It had to happen.”​

“But still,” Katsuki replied. “That must feel horrible.”​

Hinata simply nodded silently.​

They sat in silence for a moment, before Hinata cleared her throat.​

“I think I should be going too,” Hinata said. “But before I do...why do you think Daisuke isn’t going to shut down Anko-sensei’s...gift?”​

“Well, what do you know about Daisuke?” Katsuki asked.​

Hinata stopped. “I don’t know anything about him.”​

“Trying to figure him out would just give you a headache?” Katsuki asked with a teasing smile.​

“A little,” Hinata answered, looking down.​

“Well, let me show you some of the things I got from him when I was teaching him Ninshu,” Katsuki began. “And you can tell me if that sounds right.”​

“Okay.”​

“Daisuke has, unfortunately, been programmed by his bloodline to be very, very susceptible to instant gratification,” Katsuki listed off. “His biggest source of that gratification was, well, fighting and war. And, thanks to that bloodline, he has a...quirk? A quirk, which in combination with his magnetic physicality, means he can have any woman he wants. Any woman.”​

Hinata blinked. “I see.”​

“But there is a catch,” Katsuki continued. “Daisuke-sama is as powerful as he will ever be. He is so far beyond battle that the only real challenge to him is the challenge to avoid boredom. There is only one thing that I know of that can challenge him, and it will soon become irrelevant. When a person’s greatest pleasure loses its savor, they quickly try to find something else.”​

Hinata’s head tilted. “You mean that Daisuke has turned to...women.”​

“I do,” Katsuki nodded. “He could spend time trying to figure out new ways to lower himself to his opponents level...but Daisuke-sama no longer has suicidal tendencies. And because deliberately lowering yourself to fight people on their level is a good way to get yourself killed...fighting has truly lost it’s savor. For him. So while he’ll resist the idea at first, he’s going to change his mind. I guarantee it.”​

“But...why is Anko trying to give him a harem?” Hinata asked. “She can use clones. Unless she is one of those Kunoichi who…”​

“No, it’s not that,” Katsuki shook her head.​

“Then what is it?”​

“Anko-sama wants sisters.”​

---​

So...I learned some things. About my wife...and about me.​

Number one, it actually does disconcert her that I’m being totally loyal to her. Not like, it’s creeping her out or anything, but more like ‘thank you but why?’ sort of way. Because, well, she doesn’t really need it. She appreciates my devotion to her, sure, but complete fidelity? It’s just confusing her – without it being endearing.​

Number two is that I was pretty overwhelming. I didn’t need sleep and I was never tired. Anko fine with it at first, but she was worried if she could keep up with me, divine status notwithstanding. And she thought that if she couldn’t keep up with me and didn’t have a way to keep up the slack, the made her a bad person.​

Konoha’s honor culture at work. But isn’t it hypocritical of me to harp on and on about respecting my morals if I’m not even trying to respect hers?​

Number three? As much as I hate it, as much as it causes me to shrivel up inside with revulsion, Anko’s wedding gift sounded better and better every single day. Because, well...I wanted to give Ino a shot. And I wanted to give Hisako a shot. And I wanted to try my luck with whoever this mystery soul was. And Katsuki seemed pretty awesome. And…​

I think Anko’s in the museum wing. I was sitting down in my office, writing my notes down on my computer. The ferns growing in pots placed at the corner helped give it the average, indoor look that I was going for. Well, average for my old world. I don’t think there’s anything else like it in this world.​

Take a deep breath, Daisuke, you’re giving yourself a panic attack.​

A long time ago, I swore I wouldn’t have anything to do with...harems. And Polygamy. But then I decided that, screw it, I wasn’t the guy that died in a car wreck so long ago. My past didn’t matter, my age didn’t matter...and that those old morals might be out of date.​

As long as everyone was okay with it, and I treated them as best as I possibly can, did it really matter if it went against my old world morals?​

The door to my office slid open and Anko stepped in. She was wearing her trench coat and instead of her fishnets, she just wore a dress. I assume that’s because today is the day we return to Konoha and she wanted to paint a new image of herself since she was, plainly, no longer available.​

“Hey honey.” She smiled and walked over to the desk, giving me a peck on the lips. “What are you working on?”​

“Just journaling,” I said with a smile. “You ready to go back yet?”​

“Almost,” Anko replied. “I wanted to talk about some stuff first.”​

“Lets move to the couch,” I said, gesturing toward the furniture arrangement ahead.​

We did so, sitting down on the rightmost cushion. Anko curled up around one of my arms.​

“So, you want to change the world, bring jutsu and ninshu to everyone,” Anko started. “And revolutionize government to match the one from your old world, right?”​

Trying to make sure I haven’t changed my mind. “Pretty much.”​

“What’s your plan to do that?” Anko asked with a curious look.​

I love that she just assumes that I have a plan. Flattering as can be, since we know how much I like to wing it. “Well, I had a thought.”​

Using solid release, I created a smartphone. Really just a black tablet that can fit in the palm of your hand. “I’m going to bring everyone the internet.”​

“You’re going set up the information superhighway in the Elemental Nations,” Anko restated in her own words to make sure she understood. “And give them smartphones to access it wherever they want.”​

“Yeah. I’ll start with Konoha, tell the Hokage that it’ll help Shinobi stay in touch while on missions and let him send out orders faster and then set up a separate network for Civilians,” I said, shrugging. “Tell the Daimyo that it’ll make his subjects more productive since he can send edicts and stuff more quickly and then I can start filling it with a library’s worth of material.”​

“So that those who are curious can educate themselves and eventually the Daimyo has a growing bed of revolutionaries,” Anko said. “That’s going to take a while and it’s going to turn out bloody.”​

“It doesn’t have to be bloody,” I replied with a frown. “I can stop things from going insane and ensure a peaceful transition of power.”​

Anko blinked and took a breath. “Daisuke, if you want to make sure there’s a peaceful transition of power, why not just take over yourself and hand it over when they’re ready?”​

“I don’t want worshipers, Anko,” I replied with a frown. “That’s really what it comes down too.”​

“Okay, but you’re still going to change the course of the world,” Anko replied, eyes narrowing. “If you want the world to match the one you came from, shouldn’t you be more involved?”​

Take a breath, it’s fine. “Please continue.”​

“From what you’ve told me,” Anko started, seemingly glad I was still listening. “People choose how how they want to be governed. Right now, because it’s safe and all they know, even if they were taught differently. Even if you forced a peaceful transition of power, even if there were enough revolutionaries to keep things running, I don’t think it’d last.”​

“Why do you say that?”​

“Because,” She paused, looking downright apologetic. “They didn’t earn it. I love and value Konoha and the people in it because I’ve fought for it. I’ve bled for it. Friends of mine have died for it. But if I or any of the other ninja never had to fight for Konoha, we’d all be falling apart right now.”​

“You’re saying that they’d let it fall apart if they don’t fight for it?” I asked.​

I mean...it made sense.​

“Only because the Republic that is you want relies so heavily on them being invested,” Anko answered with a nod. “I’m just saying.”​

“Okay,” I said with a frown. “What do you say I do instead?”​

“I say that you just do whatever you can to educate everyone,” Anko started. “Fill their heads with knowledge on anything and everything. Then, when it’s time for revolution, let them fight it out. If it works, a lot of the old guard will be taken out, meaning there’s less chance of sabotage and it’ll be for a cause that they believe in and will be invested in. If they want more Daimyo’s, let them have Daimyo’s. If they want a president, a chairmen, a Caesar, whatever, let them. They’re the ones who decide how they’re governed, right?”​

She only knows what a Caesar is because she hunted Benny down to Caesar’s camp in the Mojave desert. Oddly, it’s her favorite game of the franchise, and I actually dislike it.​

“But what if it doesn’t work?” I asked.​

“Daisuke, realistically speaking, what has to happen for any revolution to succeed?” Anko asked with a deadpan expression.​

“They have to either be able to beat Konoha, or Konoha’s got to be on the revolutions side,” I said with a deep sigh.​

“Exactly,” Anko replied. “And since you live in Konoha…”​

“They won’t make any overt moves that might tick me off,” I said with a sigh. “I was hoping to avoid politics and you’re making it sound like I’m the Hokage.”​

“Shinobi worship strength.” Anko shrugged. “I’m sorry, but we do. And you’ve got more in your finger than most do in your entire body.”​

“I guess,” I replied with a frown.​

“Just work on teaching people,” Anko stated. “Let everyone learn what they can and they’ll take care of the rest.”​

I hummed. “You really think so?”​

“I do think so,” Anko nodded.​

“Does it have to become a war?”​

“Let me ask you this,” Anko said. “In your old world, did your nation it’s hand at imperialism and install their elections in other countries?”​

“Yes. Didn’t conquer them either.”​

Anko stopped briefly at that, but kept going. Press X to doubt... “Did the people there keep it up, or did they slowly default to the way things had always been for them.”​

“I don’t remember,” I began, frowning. “But odds are…okay. Alright, you got a point. I’ll just worry about teaching people, I guess.”​

“Thank you,” Anko said with a brilliant smile. “I think it’s going to be fun watching you teach the rest of the world Jutsu under everyone’s nose! Shall we be off?”​

“Actually, there is something else I wanted to talk about,” I said.​

“Hm?” Anko adopted a quizzical expression.​

...was I going to do this?​

Was I really going to do this?​

Maybe, but on one condition.​

“Hypothetically,” I began. “Say I accepted your wedding gift.”​

Anko nodded, slowly and quietly.​

“You said you wanted me to love the other girls?” I asked.​

“I did,” Anko nodded. “And I meant it.”​

“Did you think you could love them too?” I asked. “Maybe in the same way, maybe not, I don’t know.”​

“Daisuke, I want a sisterhood,” Anko said. “Both of us loving and doting on them is the point.”​

Yeah, I’m doing it. Road to hell’s down that way...​

“Alright. Alright,” I said. “Anko, I accept your wedding present.”​

She didn’t say anything at first, her eyes going wide. Then she fist-pumped in celebration before leaping at me to plant a kiss on my lips, sucking the air right out of my lungs. “Thank you, thank you, thank you!”​

“No, no,” I shook my head with a small, nervous chuckle. “Thank you.”​

“Okay, I was thinking of inviting Ino and Hisako first,” Anko said. “Since you really, really like them.”​

...well, I mean...look, I decided that my age doesn’t matter. Does theirs? I mean, I watched Hisako kill a man with her Kunai so...they’re more adult than I really gave them credit for.​

“Hisako?” I asked. “But you don’t like her.”​

“But you do,” Anko said with a grin. “More than you think you do. And that means that I can love her too. Might take some adjustments, but if we can just get to know each other...”​

She just started going on and on about how she and Hisako might learn to get along and become the absolute closest of friends. Then she moved onto Ino and how she seemed to be super nice and never once stabbed me in the back, loyalty which earned her tons of points in her book and in mine.​

“What about Katsuki?” I asked.​

“Hm, eager aren’t you?” Anko said with a grin. “But seriously, she seems nice enough. A great match for you, but I think we should just keep her as our Ninshu Sensei until after we’ve learned everything. Sensei-student relationships never go well.”​

“Good point,” I said. “Are they going to need any special training or…?”​

“I only need two things,” Anko said, raising her fingers and counting. “The first being a way to make them immortal.”​

“Got it,” I said, producing a two small capsules from nothing. “Eternal life and youth in a pill.”​

“Awesome,” Anko said, taking them and pocketing it. “This’ll make a good surprise.”​

Well, good to know that it’s not part of the sales pitch. Might poison the tree or something.​

“Second, I need a seal,” Anko said. “And I need a way to place it.”​

“Okay, what would this seal do?” I asked.​

“Well, do you remember that connection stuff we talked about on the first night of our honeymoon?” Anko said. “The thing that I still can’t hold together while we’re being intimate?”​

“Putting it on a seal is a great idea,” I said with a nod. “But that’s not all.”​

“No,” Anko shook her head. “See, the thing about Concubines is that, while it is a position that carries status, there are some out there that really...want to destroy them. If you know what I mean.”​

“Rape?”​

“Yes,” Anko replied.. “It needs to glue them shut for anyone that’s not you and eviscerate anyone that tries.”​

I quickly made a stamp to create a fully functioning seal. What she wanted was actually pretty basic but an absolute necessity. Honestly, I could give a variant to Konoha to protect it’s Kunoichi...actually, I’m just going to do that when I get back. Just march into R&D and hand it to them. Yup. “Just stamp this wherever and it’ll do exactly what you need. It’s invisible too, unless you funnel chakra into it.”​

Anko quickly stood up and shed her trench coat, then lifted up her dress, revealing black lace bra and panties which I am absolutely tearing off tonight. “Seal me.”​

“Okay.” I pressed the seal right above her crack, a rape-protection tamp-stamp.​

“Hm...alright, I can feel it working,” Anko replied, letting her dress back down. “And this stamp will make the same seal...how much chakra does the protection take?”​

“A moderate amount,” I answered as she took her seat back next to me. “But enough that they can feel it. But if they’re in a situation where they need it, it’s better to make sure it’s enough kick to kill the rapist.”​

“Good,” Anko nodded with a dark glare at the stamp. “Good.”​

“Yes it is,” I nodded. “Ready to go?”​

“I am,” She said.​

We stood up, I took her by the hand and we teleported back to the mansion.​

The happy, fun times of our Honeymoon are over. Now comes the real challenge – the rest of our lives.​

---​

Author’s Note: This is, officially, the last Honeymoon Chapter. Period. No more. On to the rest of the plot, where the all-powerful start to slide into indulgence and the world continues to get turned upside down. I know a lot of you were getting really, really tired of this but I felt like the story demanded it.

Anyway, I apologize that this has been so long in coming. I...completely burnt out on writing. Completely and utterly. I couldn’t even go to the sites because it made me sick to my stomach. I only started writing this chapter last week and it took me a while to start writing in general.

Due to current events, this wasn’t a good time to go dark, but that is the way the dice rolled.

I do want to address something here.

Act 2 is not what a lot of you wanted. That’s just the fact of the matter. It’s not even really what I wanted, which contributed to my burnout. I’m not going to sit here and try to excuse it; this fic is simply a vastly different beast from Act 1.

Act 1 is a gamer dealing with a suboptimal build and a homesick reincarnate that wants to go home.

Act 2 is what happens when that same gamer finally immerses himself completely in the world.

In other words, Act 2 drops a lot of the conflict that made Act 1 so engaging and has it’s own crap to deal with.

The main conflict hasn’t really reared its ugly head yet. The second act is a slow burn, with Jashin slowly manipulating things from the shadows in preparation to setting up the main conflict. I was hoping that the drama of the dead returning to life would be enough to be entertaining while Daisuke...sorted through his funk and did what most people with all the power would find themselves doing; fix the setting to be more to their liking, wife the most appropriate female he could find, repeat that step as many times as desired, and try to find some way to amuse themselves.

This has become, at it’s core, a self-indulgent power fantasy with a preachy, hypocritical and overpowered MC that I’ve come to despise. But I still feel the need to write it. To those of you who dropped this fanfic, more power to you. I’d hate to cause you to feel like you’re wasting your time.

I was trying to tell everyone, when I made Daisuke a god, that there would be no combat-oriented conflict in this fic. Not for a while. It was a signal that it would continue in the social conflict direction and will continue in the social conflict direction until a worthy opponent rises up (and there is one coming). If it’s not what you wanted, that’s fine. You have different tastes for fanfiction that I can’t provide with this fic right now.

...okay. I’m good now.

Updates to this fic are going to be sparse, I don’t think I’ll be able to return to my one chapter a week format. At least not for a while.

Anything else?

Oh, right.

What happened with Ino and Hisako is that Katsuki scared them...and deeply offended them. They do care about Daisuke quite a bit and as Ninja, secrets are all important. Katsuki tried to gently bulldoze over the situation and created a cluster****. Hope that makes sense.

Shout out to RichardWhereat, our newest Super Patron. Thank you sir, and I apologize for not getting this out sooner.

Also a big shout out too Melden V, Anders Kronquist, Ray Tony Song, Volkogluk, Aaron Bjornson, iolande, Martin Auguado, Julio, Hackerham, Tim Collins-Squire, Maben00, Ventari, PbookR, Seij, ChristobalAlvarez, Apperatus, EPiCJB19, Seeking Raven, Handwran and Russel Beatrous, thank you for your continued support.

...but seriously, if things are bad right now, or I’m not updating nearly fast enough for you, cancel your subscription. I do not want any money my patrons don’t think I’ve earned, especially with how bad things are right now.

Until the next time.

~Fulcon

KIro, Whito, Inv1ctus6243 and 68 others like this.
  12. kingslayer98

kingslayer98 Getting out there.

I really enjoyed part 1 and most of part 2 especially when he was trying to "find himself" in the begining but it feels like the story is going off track

IdrisXY, boomerpyro, Relyt33 and 2 others like this.
  13. MasterMarx

MasterMarx The Most Ridiculous Boss

Do you need a hug, man? Because this doesn't exactly sound healthy from a mental perspective, or a creative one. Any other time I'd probably make a quip about how it's the perfect opportunity to make him less preachy and hypocritical, but after your sevenish month hiatus, it does't feel right to do so.

KIro, Sheaman3773, IdrisXY and 9 others like this.
  14. Fulcon

You and me both.

Maybe. Maybe. Honestly, I just felt the need to rant. Daisuke's going to get smacked up the head. It's just going to take longer than I'd like.

Also, yes, it would be ideal if I got him to be less preachy and hypocritical...working on it.

KIro, Seij, Goldkingy and 7 others like this.
  15. Zaynal

Zaynal Gotta get dat power fantasy~

So, the harem is a go. I'm honestly kinda hoping that Hisako doesn't join. I don't think Hisako is a good fit for Daisuke. She keeps imposing her values onto him. But if it does go down that route, well, I trust you.

Glad you're back. Was worried you wouldn't continue this. Hope you have a good rest of your day.

Vlad, Relyt33, SpadeofPain and 3 others like this.
  16. Fulcon

Thank you for your kind words. Have a cookie.

Darko, Relyt33, SpadeofPain and 2 others like this.
  17. RichardWhereat

RichardWhereat Aia airëa Fëanáro.

The solution is to find a way to have someone convince him to stop being that. Probably without even referring to it. Maybe an older, wiser person who also wants to share chakra and jutsu with people?

Maybe he runs into the Sage of Six Paths and they start talking about an entirely different thing and he takes a revelation and eventually enlightenment from it? In a non gamey way, not as a perk, just as something he earns.

Sheaman3773, Darko, Relyt33 and 3 others like this.
  18. Fulcon

...this is crazy enough to work.

Thank you, have a cookie.

Sheaman3773, Darko, Relyt33 and 5 others like this.
  19. RichardWhereat

No worries, everyone needs an uncle Iroh.

EDIT: and Hagoromo is especially wise given how his mother tried to bring peace, and how he brought chakra to people afterwards.

Darko, Relyt33, zedred and 2 others like this.
  20. Fulcon

Or a Danjuro who makes an emergency trip to Konoha.

...we'll see.

Sheaman3773, Darko, Relyt33 and 3 others like this.
  21. Kojivsleo

Kojivsleo I trust you know where the happy button is?

Nice to see a return to this, hopefully Daisuke reconnects with Naruto and co, kinda miss the interaction between them all.

22. Fulcon

Yeah same. Same, actually.

Darko, Relyt33, zedred and 4 others like this.
  23. l---erddad---l

l---erddad---l Wait, google can see this?

...Do you wanna take a break and move to something else for a bit? I see that you wrote another chapter of Giving Up as well as this chapter, but it seems like this has become more of a chore to you than something to enjoy. Furthermore, I think that if you wanted to end here, or write an epilogue arc, it would work just fine. He's a god, he's setting up his personal family, and he's working to make the world a better place. That sounds like a mighty fine place to end it if you want to.

At the end of the day, #1 priority has to be your mental health. If you can't post a chapter and feel a sense of accomplishment, then what's the point?

24. Warer

Warer Shadowstep12 Sleep fucking is impoilte

RL first second and third, checketh thine self before ye wrecekth thine self
    It was always about the character interactions (to me at least) and the violence served as a vehicle to progress it, without the other characters it just feels kinda empty. Sure he fought a giant monster and it is a good fight scene and I like it as that but I find it less memorable than that time Daisuke formed a book club with his friends. You're writing still great but the whole god thing just feels kinda meh, I have no idea how else to explain it just I have a feeling its only a matter of time till he devises some cunning plan to defeat his enemies and I'm sure it will be awesome don't get me wrong but I wanna read about twelve-year-old child soldiers and a traumatized reincarnate talk about their feelings. That seems to be where this story is going and i will absolutely keep reading, probably re-read it all for the third or fourth time as well.

(Looks at his lap-tops(torso-top?) clock, sees its past three am, remembers he has like three tests this week and needs to write a months worth of notes for multiple subjects "Ahh shi!!")
    (It was one line wtf!?)
    erdads comments is good as well, if you don't enjoy doing it, don't its your work for your enjoyment first

25. AGunThatShootsStories

AGunThatShootsStories Concerningly (Un)Creative Calibers

Yeah, this. Combat is neat and Fulcon's good at writing it, but I'm never really chomping at the bit to see how Daisuke pulls out the win against any opponent, rather, the Jashin plot stuff holds barely any interest compared to the interactions between him and the people surrounding him. The progression from trying to figure out what this weird kid's deal is to working around the fact that the closest thing to god has a totally different set of morals than the ones they tried to program into him is a fascinating read. The reshaping of this shonen setting into one Daisuke is more comfortable with existing and how people are caught by the changes is also interesting.

In away, I guess this has become like Overlord. Alien demigod warps world to liking, and people have to deal in their various ways, though it adds a layer of depth that the demigod grew up in the world and people have history with him.

Edit: Though I will admit, Daisuke is becoming less of interest now that I'm parsing my thoughts about this chapter. Not because of his godhood, but rather because he's beginning to internalize some of the things Shounenland considers "The way things are." He's become less different from the rest of the world, and not necessarily in a good way.

With his incredible empathy and intelligence, he has to acknowledge and accept that the cost of a revolution would come on both sides. People that he's met are probably going to die, the Hyuga dude he saved, his classmates, his friends, maybe. Is he so callous that he would accept lives as the cost of "Making a system people believe in?" Would he accept these losses even if he ensures that his friends survive? Is this the remnants of the resigned ninja in him talking or the new-to-the-job demigod?

Similarly, his acceptance of the harem after such a long time of him following the modern notion of "Arranged marriage bad" and "Polygamy bad" feels slightly cheap. His discomfort with Hisako's/Ino's advances was a symbol of his abnormal status, and that it's gone because his wife has giving it to him as a "wedding gift" (something that'd probably further clash with his modern sensibilities) feels like a massive turn which isn't treated with as much impact as it is owed. (Unless when actually being faced with the fact that he's going to be having multiple children for "concubines" causes his revulsion to overpower his gratitude for Anko, which is totally possible.)

So... yeah, I guess there's where my thoughts are on that.

Edit 2: After re-reading Act 2 up to this point, I ought to acknowledge that his hang-up with harems and his turn around on that was well handled, though the age-gap either hasn't been handled yet or wasn't handled with the impact it deserved.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    Relyt33, Fulcon and Warer like this.
  26. tamagat

tamagat I Find Your Lack of Cake Disturbing.

im fine with whatever as long as its a good story, more often than not harem fics tends to rush on harem relations and not enough character development and interactions.
    but you! good sir! wont have that same problem.
    i just love how you make the characters interact, and the dialogue feels natural and smooth. good job!

Fulcon, Warer and zedred like this.
  27. NowaifuNolaifu

NowaifuNolaifu Oh myyyyy...

Heh, mindmelding is something clan ninja would stay the fuck away from.

I forgot, are akatsuki and the shadow dealt with?

Fulcon and Relyt33 like this.
  28. Galacticplumber

Okay, AND WE'RE BACK! It's good to hear from you again. I won't try to dissuade you from the path you're on. You're fully capable of making your own choices, and if the desire for closure is that real, it's just that real.

Now, about your two points of dissatisfaction....

Can you find a single person on this planet who wouldn't be preachy given this level of power? Like anyone at all? For pity's sake even not accounting for the power, having directly opposed moral stances leads to preachy status. Simple physics. The best way I've found to deal with that is to fully accept that the reason you're trying to change the people is that you care about them AS PEOPLE, and that you're doing it because you truly believe it will make their lives better. It can't come from from your own ego or desire for control. Not even subconsciously.

You need to convince people you're genuinely listening if you want them to hear you out. This is why non-violent change takes time. And no, even if Ninshu will help that process immensely, that doesn't mean it goes fast by any reasonable definition.

The fact he's already realized he needs to bend too if he wants mutual understanding is the first step.

Second, hypocrisy, is best dealt with by being forced to confront it either in a way that physically can't be ignored, or where the prospect of ignoring it is actively known to be worse than the pain of looking inward. At that point a choice of some sort must be made to resolve the conflict.

Finally, and this is important, character flaws don't automatically make a character unlikable. They make a character human, and this rule doesn't go away just because a character ceases to be human in a literal sense.

This is why I continue to be highly interested beyond simple comedy. I saw this writing on the wall, and was perfectly into it.

Fulcon likes this.
  29. High Lord Rokland

High Lord Rokland Not too sore, are you?

I am glad this is back, it has been great to see Daisuke grow and adapt. Honestly he may HAVE to go full godking to achieve what he wants.

Fulcon likes this.
  30. RichardWhereat

Another idea to get yourself away from Daisuke for a while, if you want to keep going on the story but focus less on him for a bit, is to focus on other characters. Give yourself an entire arc where you're watching someone else.

Fulcon, Relyt33, Darko and 1 other person like this.