1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

With This Ring (Young Justice SI) (Thread Fourteen)

Discussion in 'Creative Writing' started by Mr Zoat, Jan 27, 2019.

1. BartlettMagic

BartlettMagic peekaboo, you fucks you!

now that's what i'm here for.

this isn't intended as a criticism: the recent departures and sideplots have been interesting, but this has me excited for the first time in awhile.

Ardy and Darko like this.
  2. Pinklestia

Pinklestia Well worn.

"You had five decades to do something, you did not. I am to blame for Atlantis laziness?"

Ngamer11, Cuchulin, Vorian and 10 others like this.
  3. Senevri

Senevri Not too sore, are you?

Dox didn't send him. He's just someone who got an orange ring after OL accidentally'd the rings from Okaara

Cuchulin, w34v3r and Darko like this.
  4. Shotiegun11

Shotiegun11 Know what you're doing yet?

No, it’s implied in story and in Zoat’s post after that Dox was the one that had this guy recruited.

Dox is experimenting.

Ngamer11, Cuchulin, DAT_NOOB and 8 others like this.
  5. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He had LEGION codes.

Pretty much.

6. Coda

Coda Versed in the lewd.

Which is, of course, exactly why King Orin should be taking proactive steps to establish the most positive relationship possible, as the SI is repeatedly insisting. A good set of mutually-beneficial treaties between the nations is more likely to get Poseidonis what they want than a hamfisted attempt at extracting it by force.

7. Shotiegun11

Anything Venturia is ‘losing’ or being threatened by Earth based nations pales in comparison with trade/protection/relations with an interstellar organization.

Venturia didn’t care about being apart of the Atlantean community for 50 ish years. They certainly haven’t been trading with the surface world.

This outcome is everything the new king could WANT and literally only hurts Posidons’s politically and their monopoly as the only real magic nation on Earth.

And that doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things.

People are saying ‘hamfisted’ as if it’s wrong for the SI to do it this way. It’s not.

If Atlantis was actually capable of dealing with the situation they would have done something over the last 50 years.

And also not kidnapped a child as a political prisoner and then try to install her aS a Queen without consulting the ACTUALLY FUCKING PEOPLE WHO SHE SOULD BE RULING.

8. Gazing Eye

Gazing Eye Compound, Lidless, Always Watching.

Not posted yet since I want atleast 2 chapters to introduce the pacing of every other chapter taking place in the past (another idea inspired by this fic) but the working title is "Get Buzzy Earnin'" (yes it is an insect pun :p)

Ngamer11, w34v3r, Ardy and 1 other person like this.
  9. TheMidnightRook

TheMidnightRook Well worn.

No offence, but that sounds a lot like the Troy Rising books.

Rebu likes this.
  10. Bramble Thorn

Bramble Thorn Verified Silhouette

Then you are doing it wrong.
    Capsule Corp has all the best stuff.
    Especially if you are comparing by volume, what with their trademark capsules compressing space to store large things in small easily portable packages.

11. Mr Zoat

Mr Zoat Dedicated ragequitter

Yes, but CapsuleCorp isn't Capsule Corp.

12. Gazing Eye

Nah, no war for a long time in my fic :p It's more of a long term investment kind of deal (after all with all the magic, superpowers and tech earth looks a lot like the next New Gods to an outsider, so the whole idea is "If we get in early, not only do we get to buy up loads of super rare things before the humans know their valuable, we also get to be the first (and most "loyal") allies of the next universal superpower!")

….I'm gonna have to look into this "Cluster" now though thanks to Zoat's latest chapter... sounds like local competition....

Edit: I may have misread the wiki page.... is the megacorp the first contact or the second in that series?

Ngamer11 and Darko like this.
  13. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So the aliens, or at least the mc are insectoid?

Neat.

When you post the first chapters please notify us.

Gazing Eye likes this.
  14. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

BOSS SMILEY: Ooooh, we're being invaded by Space Capitalists! My kind of people!

LEX LUTHOR: Motherf@#$er!:mad:

15. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

If anyone is going to threaten the world into buying their products it's going to be Luthor:D

16. Gazing Eye

Lex: "Well..."
    Khan: "This is....."
    Mammon: "...Awkward"
    Lex/Khan/Mammon: "So you wanna buy a death ray?" "Wait you sell death rays too?" "Dammit how am I supposed to offload all these death rays when every evil capitalist around here can make death rays!?!?"

17. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Ohh, please put something like this in your story, pretty please.

Will your story be a somewhat realistic one like Zoats, or will it include more comedic elements with showing the socio-economic changes that occur?

Because a megacorp coming to Earth to sell their products is practically a goldmine for comedy.

18. Gazing Eye

The company's first actual trades are a sale of city grade shields capable of filtering nuclear fallout followed by using the money earned (because currency exchange is a hassle, much easier just to buy things to sell on more civilized planets) to bulk purchase as much pepsi, cola, cigarettes and various meat products to be distributed across the galaxy as possible in order to judge customer receptiveness.

There's a lot of silly business going on.

one of my favourite scene ideas is essentially rigging a civil war to ensure a species survives because "If we run into another reptilian race, where are we going to get reliable beauty products to sell them if all our lizard people customers are killed off? Who cares about the primates, we have tonnes of those!"

19. Shotiegun11

Ohhhhh! What if Lord-Lantern Manga Khan is here to sell weapons to the 'Justice League of Earth' asto to help them in their 'galactic conquest' that the Light sent them on at New Years?

He just starts trying to sell death rays and black hole nukes to Kal-El or Wonder Woman and they keep getting confused till they are show the fotage of them murdering/destroying an alien city and are then horrified.

But Manga Khan doesn't notice and just shows them all clips of them murdering the little gremlin aliens and offering 'better' ways to do it.

EDIT: Ok, so in the show they never show/tell if the Justice League killed anyone on Rimbor (probably because it was a kid show) but since Mr Zoat went the logical route of having the world splitting event kill...600,000 children?... then it makes sense to me that a mind controlled, rampaging League would end up killing a lot of aliens on Rimbor.

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  20. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

Is said reptilian species and civil war something from the comics, or is it something you made up?

It does sound similar to the thing with the Karnan and Gordanians.

I guess if the company helps the Gordanians evacuate their home world from the vengulful Karnans they can earn a loyal customer base in the lizards. Provided they don't kill the Karnan as the galaxy may not be a big fan of wiping out slaves trying to free themselves of their slave masters.

Hell they could also help turn Vega into a stable and non evil place so they can safely open up a new market in the previously inaccessible system.

They could sell Tamaranean products, like food, art etc. to the wider galaxy.

Not slaves though as the Guardians would try to stop them, plus the galaxy at large is most likely against such a practice, so they would have to do that through criminal channels, which are unsafe, as criminals aren't exactly known for keeping their deals and if it is found out the company would end up in trouble for what is ultimately an unstable low reward high risk practice when more ethical practices are more stable and profitable in the end.

Tamaran makes some money from the selling of their products and if the world is helped to rebuild it can also be turned into a tourist destination, because a tropical world full of semi nudist orange/golden skinned supermodels will get every single humanoid species interested in booking a ticket to there.

So Tamaran gets to rebuild, become rich and prosperous, while also helping the company become rich in the end, and earning them a great reputation among the galaxy for being liberators and great rebuilders.

Truly benevolence is one of the best ways to become obscenely stinking rich.

21. Mr Zoat

Oh, yes, they killed a lot of people.
    I don't believe that Gazing Eye was talking about DC there.

22. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

He did say that it was a Young Justice SI fic, so it is set in the DC universe.

Can't wait to see what kind of legal skill OL shows when we get to Rimbor.

Zoat did the renegade version of the League attack Rimbor?

I think either you or someone else once mentioned the renegade version of the Team managed to free the League before they were sent there.

Xmaster3000 and Ngamer11 like this.
  23. Mr Zoat

Sorry, I got confused between posters and thought that was regarding Troy Rising.
    You'll get to see his delegating skill.
    I may have.

I may have.

24. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

So he lets someone from the OLC handle the case.

A lawyer with a power ring, that is honestly a somewhat unsettling thought.

Ngamer11 and DrThoth like this.
  25. Tzeentch

Tzeentch I trust you know where the happy button is?

I feel like Manga Khan is the kind of guy who might make the kind of speech like the one Ned Beatty gave on Network, but a version that encompasses capitalism on a galactic scale.

26. Rebu

Rebu hey, little Anna, you're the one

Me too. This idea sounds kinda interesting.

Xmaster3000 and Darko like this.
  27. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

And maybe a bit of Mr World thrown in.

Xmaster3000, Cuchulin and Tzeentch like this.
  28. Stsword

Stsword Versed in the lewd.

Actually Manga Khan is an incorporeal being (a cloud of gas, or a cloud of energy that looks like gas) that uses an artificial exoskeleton to have thumbs and stuff.

As for his look, he's basically what if Darth Vader was a Ferengi, having the trappings of a strong powerful aggressive space warlord, who it turns out just wants to sell you a used spaceship that was only piloted once a week by a little old lady who went to church.

So I'd say that's a facet of the characters he's meant to parody.

29. thebishop8

thebishop8 Umm, ackchyually...

Besides the fact that this guy is broadcasting LEGION codes, the Controllers found a solution to the rogue rings ages ago:

30. Darko

Darko Connoisseur.

I remembered this, but thought that either the method didn't work, or that it wasn't finished yet.