1. Due to issues with external spam filters, QQ is currently unable to send any mail to Microsoft E-mail addresses. This includes any account at live.com, hotmail.com or msn.com. Signing up to the forum with one of these addresses will result in your verification E-mail never arriving. For best results, please use a different E-mail provider for your QQ address.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For prospective new members, a word of warning: don't use common names like Dennis, Simon, or Kenny if you decide to create an account. Spammers have used them all before you and gotten those names flagged in the anti-spam databases. Your account registration will be rejected because of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Since it has happened MULTIPLE times now, I want to be very clear about this. You do not get to abandon an account and create a new one. You do not get to pass an account to someone else and create a new one. If you do so anyway, you will be banned for creating sockpuppets.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you wish to change your username, please ask via conversation to tehelgee instead of asking via my profile. I'd like to not clutter it up with such requests.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Due to the actions of particularly persistent spammers and trolls, we will be banning disposable email addresses from today onward.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. A note about the current Ukraine situation: Discussion of it is still prohibited as per Rule 8
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The rules regarding NSFW links have been updated. See here for details.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The testbed for the QQ XF2 transition is now publicly available. Please see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice

Recommend me an anime!

Discussion in 'General' started by Daytripper, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Daytripper

Daytripper Connoisseur.

I am cooked up in my house due to you-know-what. Recommend me an anime to watch. I need to fresh up on my Japanese Cartoon and bump up my nerd cred!

2. Biigoh

Biigoh Primordial Tanuki Moderator

Ranma 1/2
    Bastard!!
    Tenchi Muyo
    Blade Runner... erm... no way... that should be Bubblegum Crisis (original OAV)

wasprider likes this.
  3. Nekraa

Nekraa Nekraa Moderator

Blend S - slice of life, a girl who is a natural sadist
    Code Geass - Britain is evil
    Elfen lied - people are bastards
    Full Metal Alchemist - two brothers seek to heal their bodies.
    Flip Flappers - odd, but good
    Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun - romantic comedy?
    Hibike! Euphonium - music club is aiming for nationals (I think it was?)
    Houseki no Kuni - Land of the Lustrous (Landlust for short), gem-people are threatened by the moon-people
    Hataraku Saibou - Cells at Work, Once upon a time... Life, but anime
    Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu - MMO anime, fluffy
    Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita - Humanity has Declined, and now fairies will be the new humanity
    Kill la Kill - clothes gives superpowers
    Knights of Sidonia - space anime, fight against space monsters
    Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! - isekai parody
    Kimetsu no Yaiba - demon hunting.

Well, that's enough for now :v

Daytripper and wasprider like this.
  4. Guardian Box

Guardian Box Theocratic Capitalist

Legend of the Galactic Heroes, so you may be disappointed by everything else forever.

Aaron Fox and wasprider like this.
  5. LurkingInTheDeceit

LurkingInTheDeceit “Brave” explorer treading “New” land

Death Note- Feels like a classic, don’t bother with the second season (like, just don’t).

Angel Beats- In the running for my favourite, the best music and great plot/characters.

Charlotte- Can’t remember this as well, but I definitely enjoyed it.

No Game No Life- Hilarious and exciting.

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai- Sad, but good.

Hyouka- Teenage me relates to the protagonist, plus after what happened to the studio I kinda have to recommend it.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso- Music focused anime, had me crying and would definitely recommend. It’s got a lot of classical music, but even if you don’t like the genre (I don’t) you’ll probably still enjoy the music in this because of how it illustrates the character development going on.

There’s so many I could recommend tbh, so I’ll just stop at these.

Edit: I’m rescinding my recommendation of ‘Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso’ (My lie in April) after rewatching all 22 episodes. Teenage me (12/13/14) might have loved it, but I honestly can’t imagine calling it ‘good’ nowadays. Just, yeah, ignore that one. Hopefully the rest are still good and my life isn’t a lie.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
    wasprider likes this.
  6. JRIB

JRIB Know what you're doing yet?

Before I suggest more Anime Shows, can you answer the following questions.
    What genre of anime do you like? and what genres would you not watch?

A couple of good ones you are unlikely to have seen.
    Sport Anime: Major: A baseball anime that spans 150 episodes and the MC's childhood to being a dad. It has lots of well done hype moments and is written well.
    Mecha Anime: Buddy Complex: A Time travelling Mecha series with a epilogue ova. It has character interactions and climax, leading to a fulfilling epilogue.
    Shounen Anime: Buso Renkin: A Shounen where the guy and the girl actually have character development that does not spend years developing. Cool Fights and Good Music.
    FRENCH CARTOON: CODE LYOKO: found on youtube on the official Code Lyoko channel with all episodes. This one is my wild card that i hold the right to use as a recommendor , a story about fighting a computer system with futuristic tech while inside the internet, and is surprisingly good.

wasprider likes this.
  7. DCF

DCF Lewd Catgirl

Spice and Wolf - Are you interested in a Low Fantasy Economics romance story between a human merchant and a wolf spirit? It's great! Both leads are intelligent and mature, this is not a story based on stupid misunderstandings and cringe. Also Holo is maximum cute.

Madoka Magica - A great magical girl story with good twists. Can't explain in detail because of those twists.

Princess Tutu - Another magical girl story. Very meta about the nature of stories and storytelling, subverts some expectations.

Dr Stone - SCIENCE! the anime. Basically the premise is a scientist trying to rebuild civilization in a post apocalyptic stone age. Has some shonen elements.

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Thoughtful postcyberpunk sci-fi. Probably one of the closest things you can actually find to pro-transhumanist visual media.

Ascendance of a Bookworm - An isekai that isn't like most of the standard ones. A book obsessed recent graduate of library science is killed and reincarnates ... as a sickly dying peasant girl in a shitty, oppressive unromantic low literacy rate fantasy world. She sets out to improve her life, improve society and most importantly get herself some books. Will she be able to get to the point of introducing the movable type printing press? A long road is ahead of her - this is a slow story, if you want instant swordfights and such look elsewhere.

Zombieland Saga - Explaining would ruin the great first episode .It's not the standard boring zombie stuff though. If you don't care about the first episode/require more explanation to ever consider watching it:
    A necromancer dude revives a bunch of girls to give them a second chance at life ... and get them to be a team of zombie idols! One of the rare pieces of pro-undead media.

(Huh, this is my 2000th post)

Aaron Fox and wasprider like this.
  8. OverReactionGuy

OverReactionGuy The only Sane one left

Yugioh

Yugioh GX(english dub is hilarious but it's not fully done),

yugioh 5ds(not fully dubbed)

Yugioh zexel(slow start, okay ending is the second fully dubbed yugioh anime)

Yugioh Arc V( Prepare for depression)

I haven't watched yugioh vtrains but it might be okay.

Never watch Yugioh sevens. It's protagonist is so god damn dumb he had to invent rush duels to actually duel people because he doesn't understand the rules of the yugioh card game.

wasprider and LurkingInTheDeceit like this.
  9. Zaztra Vandesh

Zaztra Vandesh Versed in the lewd.

Soooo... does any of you have something intresting to watch ?, i wanna kill some time, i finally finished my last homework that my teacher gave me, so i'm absolutely free in my dorm,

10. LurkingInTheDeceit

Look up? Lots of recs already.

11. Zaztra Vandesh

Zaztra Vandesh Versed in the lewd.

i want something that have MILF in the pairing if it can, it's my fetish you see

12. Valikdu

Valikdu Not too sore, are you?

Do You Love Your Mom And Her Multi-Target Attacks? (that's not a question, that's the title)

I know some fun series that for some reason nobody has watched but me:
    Dai Mahou Touge (psycho magical girl)
    Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan (psycho angel with magic stick)
    Akahori Gedou Hour Rabuge (psycho superheroes)

Also, Eromanga Sensei. Watch it. You know you want to.

13. MeltedCheese

MeltedCheese Your first time is always over so quickly, isn't it?

You could try watching Sword Art Online. It's currently airing the 4th season now

14. DCF

DCF Lewd Catgirl

I'd also recommend Machikado Mazoku/The Demon Girl Next Door.
    It's a comedy about a succubus demon girl who must defeat a magical girl to free her demon family from a curse of poverty. Actually has plot development and worldbuilding.

Endless Sorcerer likes this.
  15. LurkingInTheDeceit

Psycho Pass still holds up, definitely would recommend it. It’s a sci-fi crime anime with a great plot and interesting characters. Would give it a 9/10, a point taken off because out of the 22 episodes I really disliked one of them but loved the rest.

Don’t know about the second season, will have to watch it first.

wasprider likes this.
  16. Selias

Selias Well worn.

Machikado Mazoku is a fun one. Well, the manga, at least. Haven't watched the anime.

wasprider likes this.
  17. Hyp3rB14d3

Hyp3rB14d3 Violence!

The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated

It’s a reverse isekai, in which Jahy, the demon lord’s second in command, is stripped of her powers and forcibly ejected into Earth when the mana crystal maintaining her portion of the Dark Realm is destroyed by a magical girl. The only way for Jahy to regain her powers and get back to the Dark Realm is to gather up the fragments of the mana crystal and put it back together. But until she manages to pull that off, can she really manage to pass herself off as a human?

Nope. She blows that in the very first episode.

wasprider likes this.
  18. LurkingInTheDeceit

Since this has been resurrected-
    I would recommend you do not watch the second season of Psycho Pass, it is a vastly inferior repeat of the first. Just pretend it doesn’t exist.